• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Wow...$320...very nice - seems gone already. Enjoy

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-13-15 12:04 PM
    I'm not suggesting a Schism or revolt against this very very useful thread, but I think some of us should use a different thread for chatting about BlackBerry - the good and the bad, without having to worry about being called trolls or getting banned for considering the negatives as well as the positives.

Perhaps we could leave this thread alone when it comes to considering the cons as well as the pros, and come here to read the positive, feelgood stuff. No one has to join me, but I'll browse and post here what I find.

This isn't a knock against this thread. It's just obvious that a certain kind of criticism isn't really wanted, so maybe folks should let this thread be what it wants and discuss the good bad and the ugly elsewhere.
    Posted via CB10
    I suspect nobody really gives a rat's what you think in here.

You are more than welcome to start your own thread, invite who you want and do whatever turns your crank!

This thread works fine for those who have been here for some time and who actually "Support BlackBerry and Own Shares".
    02-13-15 12:19 PM
    I applause schisms of any kind that would tend to make each "tribe" happy and co-existing in a friendly maneer.
    I even suggest, once in a while, each "tribe member" can post a *link* (and a small quote, maybe) pointing into their respective playground.
    A dream would be "please comment in the thread where the post sits".

Let's visit each other and try to keep gentle and learn from others.
    I like the idea.

Cheers
    SF
    02-13-15 12:23 PM
    Canadian Retailers Future Shop and Best Buy Canada now carrying the BlackBerry Classic phones.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-best-buy-passport-feb-13-2015.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-future-shop-passport-feb-13-2015.jpg
    02-13-15 12:25 PM
    FYI, just saw the Passport in white and black at US$ 499 (that's $200 off !) on shopBlackbery (USA).

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    P.S: oh, right, you know
    02-13-15 12:43 PM
    FWIW: Someone mentioned GRLD. I am researching it. This thing could have insane growth. Not sure what the business model is though. $80 milion would be cheap if they started doing $80 million in annual sales.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    02-13-15 12:59 PM
    OT but PSA...I've been receiving ALLOT of phishing emails claiming my bank accounts are locked due to failed password attempts, forged bank cards or other nefarious (but plausible) circumstances.

If you follow the link provided you'd swear it's your banks actual website. Of course it is not...banks, (at least here in Canada) do not warn their clients of security breaches via email.

Never...never use contact links or phone numbers provided in any emailed warning of inappropriate account activity.

And, it's going to get more complicated...have a read here: http://www.scmagazine.com/researcher...rticle/397190/

Classically Posted.
    I surprisingly received a virus attack via BlackBerry browser. It was the ransom virus that actually seized the browser from swiping a menu, back button, etc. I was shocked. There was even voice attached that stated I have been compromised, etc.
    Once I gained control of my thoughts, I realized that I had a bb10 device.
    I closed and re-opened the browser, swiping immediately to settings, turned off flash, and set the other security settings accordingly. Went back to the browser, and simply deleted the insult. Poof! No more virus.
    Try that on an Android device.

Attachment 333474

It is missing the silly ransom popup, but you can get the info from the source code I posted.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 02-13-15 at 01:26 PM.
    bungaboy, q649, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    02-13-15 01:05 PM
    They put a lot of lipstick on this one.

Perpetual license revenue was up only $2M from the same quarter in 2013. Subscriptions up $4M.

The fact that they reported a whopping $27M spent on marketing is showing that MOBL has to spend a lot of money to keep revenue from shrinking.

MDM is a growing market and it seems Blackberry took a big bite out of their growth. Blackberry should continue with the offensive as much as possible to eliminate weak competitors completely.

Posted via CB10
    Nicely said Rock. (can you smell what I am cooking?)

Nothing to contribute here fellas, but also wanted to thank dimi, jdog, and bspence for their answers. This is beside the usual suspects.

Carry on...

PS - BlackBerry crickets in full effect. The suspense is brutal!
    3MIKE and _dimi_ like this.
    02-13-15 01:11 PM
    I surprisingly received a virus attack via BlackBerry browser. It was the ransom virus that actually seized the browser from swiping a menu, back button, etc. I was shocked. There was even voice attached that stated I have been compromised, etc.
    Once I gained control of my thoughts, I realized that I had a bb10 device.
    I closed and re-opened the browser, swiping immediately to settings, turned off flash, and set the other security settings accordingly. Went back to the browser, and simply deleted the insult. Poof! No more virus.
    Try that on an Android device.
    Hmmm, what sorts of websites were you visiting?
    02-13-15 01:17 PM
    My sister has a bone to pick with the Z30 I gave her...... she can't get the battery to die!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 01:23 PM
    I applause schisms of any kind that would tend to make each "tribe" happy and co-existing in a friendly maneer.
    I even suggest, once in a while, each "tribe member" can post a *link* (and a small quote, maybe) pointing into their respective playground.
    A dream would be "please comment in the thread where the post sits".

Let's visit each other and try to keep gentle and learn from others.
    I like the idea.

Cheers
    SF
    Cheers. No point throwing things at each other. I value this thread, and like reading it. I do think that we are too hostile to opposing arguments, and I personally fine a wide range of different views stimulating. I am not afraid of 'trolls' - doesn't bother me. I just think it's an easy solution. I don't give a damn about hearts or post numbers, but I'll start posting comments in The Atrium that range from very positive to very negative, and anyone can do the same. That way everyone can relax and not get too worked about anything. Have a good weekend.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-13-15 01:25 PM
    Hmmm, what sorts of websites were you visiting?
    Lol, I can assure you not what you are thinking...

I just posted the screenshot. Go back and have a look. ^
    q649 likes this.
    02-13-15 01:27 PM
    I suspect nobody really gives a rat's what you think in here.

You are more than welcome to start your own thread, invite who you want and do whatever turns your crank!

This thread works fine for those who have been here for some time and who actually "Support BlackBerry and Own Shares".
    Deep breath, buddy. None of this is that big a deal. I've suggested a compromise that could leave this thread a bit freer of occasional negativity, some of which I think is valid, some not valid. I do support BlackBerry and own shares. I also support the Leafs, but if I could get a dollar for every time I swear at my television I wouldn't have to invest in anything at all...

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 01:30 PM
    Okay my bro's, just ordered a Red Passport with the extra discount....
    02-13-15 01:47 PM
    Care to actually refute anything in the article, or do you just prefer to dismiss the entire article because it says things you don't like?

Because if it's the latter, you're pretty much reinforcing his entire argument.
    I read plenty of BS articles that have some valid points in their narrative about BlackBerry and their past or current situation. The members in this thread that follow BBRY closely are who this post was for.
    I'm sure that you have already pegged me as a Blind follower from the tone, and you would be wrong.
    I don't like scare mongering, half truths, and misleading comments that the uninformed (the general public who take everything they read as absolute) use to formulate their opinions of the Brand. And your statement says to me that you believe everything that you just read in the article and are therfore proving my point above. Touche.

...... That's childish emotionalism,

Yes it is, and it is true for EVERY platform .

but what struck me was the number of wishful-thinking arguments that BlackBerry the company and its ardent fans having been making for years.

All fanboyism thoughts aside , This is Not the case NOW for the company. BlackBerry is focused and driven and pushing forward hard.

A set of delusions has let BlackBerry become endangered and will finish off the job *****if fans *****continue to believe them.

What a fan and purchaser of a product believes ,has no bearing on a company's ability to survive. They will continue to buy a product because they are fans. When they become dismayed with a brand is when things change as they move on to another product and eventually affect any company through loss of a customer.

BlackBerry needs a *******realistic strategy****** if it hopes to prosper again, not more delusion.

I see nothing delusional in John Chen and his team. The focus is, and has to be on enterprise right now. Repairing the image and success of the company falls squarely on their shoulders while battling public perception due to garbage articles like this that undermine perception and allude to incompetence.

Yes, BES 12 should have been done years earlier, yes BlackBerry should have released products like they have now years ago. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. The past is exactly that. The past.

BlackBerry is battling hard, and the task ahead for JC is large. I'm not blind, but you can believe what you want, and I'm going to follow real evidence, even if it has a negative overtone.
    BlackBerry isn't going to disappear any time soon, like articles like these like to portray.

Posted via CB10
    kadakn01, 3MIKE, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    02-13-15 01:56 PM
    Errr . . . what colour red did you order?

I ordered "Flaming Red".
    02-13-15 02:03 PM
    Hey Molly, your thinly veiled attempts at being a fair and balanced good samaritan aren't fooling anyone. Your agenda is plain for all to see. We get it, you think we are delusional and have one track minds. No need to for you to participate then. Post in the other thread where the discourse is more intelligent.
    02-13-15 02:06 PM
    I feel like we haven't heard from John Chen in awhile. Hopefully this silence is a precursor to something good.
    georg4BB likes this.
    02-13-15 02:07 PM
    My question for the last couple days: "Do you even own shares?"

So many fly bys lately.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 02:07 PM
    I'm tempted to do the same. Option 1, pick up the Classic on Verizon (finally!) which has much better service than AT&T in my area. Option 2, stick with the Passport on AT&T and go for the red! I must say, my love for my Passport has grown and my typing skills have gotten insane (without looking too). I can't imagine liking another phone more than my Passport, but have a very active lifestyle and wouldn't mind something a bit more compact for easier one handed use. Giving up the huge screen, big touch capacitive PKB and great camera are going to be difficult, but I'm tempted. How's your trial run going Shaneredflag? I see your still Classically posting.

As a side note, I'll be upgrading my company's field supervisors 9900's, who are our last three BlackBerry users, to the BlackBerry Classic. It's been quite the battle to get them to hold off this long, but the Classic is the perfect upgrade path I've been waiting for. They are pumped and are going to love them!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    02-13-15 02:13 PM
    02-13-15 02:13 PM
    Happy I did...
    bungaboy and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    02-13-15 02:15 PM
    Errr . . . what colour red did you order?

I ordered "Flaming Red".
    Dripping SEXXXXXY Red *iatch.....
    02-13-15 02:19 PM
    Well if you consider the EZPASS program generated 0$ but resulted in about 10 million new licenses, most of which will start paying, that 40% will look more like 20% next year.

Posted via CB10

Those licenses were issued with the only requisite of owning old licenses of BES or licenses from competitors. The deadline to activate the licenses is June/2015. To activate them you just have to download a free copy of BES12 and enter the serial numbers.

It could be the case that a big part of those 10 million licenses is vaporware. Licenses issued that weren't activated, or activated and never used, or licenses of customers that were already paying support services, so It's not a increase of revenue for BlackBerry.
    02-13-15 02:29 PM
    Hey Molly, your thinly veiled attempts at being a fair and balanced good samaritan aren't fooling anyone. Your agenda is plain for all to see. We get it, you think we are delusional and have one track minds. No need to for you to participate then. Post in the other thread where the discourse is more intelligent.
    I find it ***** (odd) that BayWadThe Gnat started the "Atrium" thread on January 10th. And was banned from the Forums shortly thereafter (January 28th). Horrible behaviour for someone claiming to be "a professor of Philosophy".

Then, on February 2nd DollyPardon show up and, without missing a stroke, continues in similar "professor of Philosophy" fashion.

Maybe it's just me.
    ibpluto, zyben, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    02-13-15 03:05 PM
113,256 ... 31993200320132023203 ...