View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    In recognition of a tradition of acknowledging significant contributors to this thread as we hit major thread milestones...in this case the 80k mark...I would like to offer Corbu as a most worthy recipient. His substantial and informative posts are what helps makes this thread the resource that it is. Cheers Corbu
    Hey W Hoa, that is awful nice of you! Really. But you know what? I don't deserve that any more than all the other tremendous contributors and longtime outstanding members of this awesome thread who have made it was it has become, long before I showed up. The goal is to share and to learn and we are accomplishing that. So, let me raise my glass and offer a collective virtual beer to all of us. This round's on me!

Thanks again, mate.
    02-12-15 05:58 PM
    Can any one help me get a super cheap passport by any chance
    Is $499 cheap enough?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-12-15 05:58 PM
    Yes Indeed!
    Corbu my hat off to you!!! I for one all appreciate your contribution!!!
    In recognition of a tradition of acknowledging significant contributors to this thread as we hit major thread milestones...in this case the 80k mark...I would like to offer Corbu as a most worthy recipient. His substantial and informative posts are what helps makes this thread the resource that it is. Cheers Corbu
    02-12-15 06:23 PM
    Yikes
    The swap is part of an effort to upgrade technology that also includes new e-mail software and stronger security. Hancock, 56, has been working to improve AIG�s use of technology to assess insurance risks and reduce costs. He hired Philip Fasano last year from Kaiser Permanente to the new role of chief information officer.
    Something tells me his choice of CIO wasn't the wisest.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.2243 | Bell | via CB10
    02-12-15 06:36 PM
    Way OT. For a bit of levity. Out with the phones in with the grilled cheese.

Signs Of A Market Top : $100 Million for four food trucks
    Not that crazy depending on the balance sheet.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 06:48 PM
    Yes Indeed!
    Corbu my hat off to you!!! I for one all appreciate your contribution!!!
    Thanks Soumaila, much appreciated!
    Soumaila Somtore and bungaboy like this.
    02-12-15 06:50 PM
    OT:

Obama to discuss cybersecurity with tech bosses

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31440978

Hmm. Didn't see a mention of BlackBerry attending. Probably a good thing. More security theater perhaps?
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-12-15 06:55 PM
    MOBL CEO: fast growing large market with no incumbent. Two horse raise between MOBL and VM Ware.

Company hubris is obvious. Wall Street analysts lobbing easy questions. Love affair continues.

Not one mention of BBRY: "competitive landscape is narrowing. Customers valuing best of breed solutions and are willing to pay for it."

Posted via CB10
    TWO YEARS until cash flow positive. TWO FRICKING YEARS! What the hell are they boasting about?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, ibpluto and 9 others like this.
    02-12-15 07:14 PM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    TWO YEARS until cash flow positive. TWO FRICKING YEARS! What the hell are they boasting about?

Posted via CB10
    Agreed... others think so also as their stock down 1.64 percent after hours...

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 07:20 PM
    MOBL CEO: seeing largest traction in large enterprise verticals such as health-care... also seeing acceleration in regulated verticals such as government and banking.

Posted via CB10
    ... Not in Vancouver Healthcare facilities, i.e. Fraser Health Authority. It is all bb10 devices with bes10. At least that's what I am observing.
    I can't wait to start seeing staff roaming around with Passports with anatomy glowing on the screens.
    I am also seeing a larger uptake of Z30 in other industries here.

That said, a far cry from the ubiquitous iPhone 4's, but things are slowly evolving, as folks clamor for change.
    02-12-15 07:47 PM
    Nice. Classy. Well done!
    02-12-15 08:01 PM
    Man, reading those comments from the MOBL CEO is painful...
    Clearly, this is a frustrated CEO on the attack, that apparently realizes he bought a yacht with a termite infestation.
    Let's simply wait a few more quarters and see if my statement serves correct. I believe that BlackBerry and even others' are punishing MOBL right now.

Speaking of frustrated CEO's, I feel the same about what Chen said about app neutrality. I feel he is frustrated by the lack of bb10 devs available to pound out quality apps. I hope we get this under control soon, as I am concerned with security relying on Android apps.

Disclaimer of ignorance: I know very little about how thorough the BlackBerry Guardian service is, so I could be wrong about the Android apps running on our devices.
    02-12-15 08:02 PM
    Finally a BBRY question re EZ Pass. CEO chuckling: we just don't hear about them except on CNBC. Our customers are turning off all of their BES licenses.

The chest thumping is almost audible.

'Our pipeline has never been bigger.'

Posted via CB10
    Forbes Global 2000 companies starting from 1550 to 2000.

Still losing money! Not on the right track.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 08:07 PM
    Forbes Global 2000 companies starting from 1550 to 2000.

Still losing money! Not on the right track.

Posted via CB10
    Starting from 1550?
    How did you get that bbjdog?
    Can you also gather the rest of the equation?

Thanks.
    02-12-15 08:14 PM
    Hi All just to introduce myself. I am stock analyst working in a family office in Hong Kong. I am using Passport on my own and also Q10 from my company. I am also a shareholder of BBRY (quite a substantial portion in my portfolio) and a believer in John Chen.

Two points to share:
    1. Probably a good news. Our IT has finally started to test Classic and it will slowly replace Q10 gradually. But the reason for the change was that the IT has received too many complaints on Q10, mostly on battery drainage and that the users were generally not happy with the BB10 experience on Q10 (still missing the cursor button on 9900). Originally the IT and management struggled to decide whether to move to iPhone or Classic. Hopefully a good experience with Classic can help to rebuild their confidence in Blackberry. We are still using Exchange with activesync with no plan to move to BES12 in the near term.

2. Cybersecurity stocks like Fireeye and CyberArk are on fire lately. CyberArk just announced a blowout Q4 quarter and 2015 guidance. Both of them said their order flows surged hugely after the Sony incident. Wondering if Blackberry can benefit something from this trend or can they offer anything other than BES12 to the corporates. We have the most secure mobile network anyway. It is a huge torture seeing cybersecurity stocks and AAPL making new highs every day and BBRY just moving on M&A rumours. It is a pity for us to pray for better Passport and Classic sales figures but we will never know the exact number. It is a pity to see the subscription number of crappy software MOBL still increasing.....
    02-12-15 08:25 PM
    2. Cybersecurity stocks like Fireeye and CyberArk are on fire lately. CyberArk just announced a blowout Q4 quarter and 2015 guidance. Both of them said their order flows surged hugely after the Sony incident. Wondering if Blackberry can benefit something from this trend or can they offer anything other than BES12 to the corporates. We have the most secure mobile network anyway. It is a huge torture seeing cybersecurity stocks and AAPL making new highs every day and BBRY just moving on M&A rumours. It is a pity for us to pray for better Passport and Classic sales figures but we will never know the exact number. It is a pity to see the subscription number of crappy software MOBL still increasing.....
    I agree. Fireeye and CyberArk are trending like crazy on StockTwits right now. With massive gains today and more expected tomorrow. Meanwhile BBRY has flat lined. Something's not adding up here.

Also
    CNBC: FireEye CEO: Cybersecurity massive market opportunity
    and
    Cyberattack Awareness Expected To Spur Network Security Spending - Investors.com
    02-12-15 09:12 PM
    Starting from 1550?
    How did you get that bbjdog?
    Can you also gather the rest of the equation?

Thanks.
    Here are some numbers for you! 450 out of 2000 and not 450 of 1500 and not 450 of 1000.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 09:21 PM
    So MOBL is forecasting lower 'gross billing' next Q than this Q. And full year losses.

And yeah...those hyped stats are a joke.

They are done. No easy way to short them premiums are way high??

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 10:32 PM
    Here are some numbers for you! 450 out of 2000 and not 450 of 1500 and not 450 of 1000.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I don't follow, but thanks for the effort.

BTW, does anyone know the cutoff date for device sales reflecting on the next ER? I am thinking that this Verizon gig has been smartly sandbagged to allow for a smoother device sales curve for the ER after the next. Q3? Lol, they are whizzing by so fast, I can't keep up!
    02-13-15 01:43 AM
    ^^^ THIS !! 100%

Now, let's hit the 4 million views !
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

Have a nice Friday gang !
    02-13-15 02:14 AM
    Up to #14 on Amazon best-seller list. I hope somebody at BlackBerry is paying attention!!

Also, still #1 is top rated

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, theRock1975, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    02-13-15 02:20 AM
    Hi All just to introduce myself. I am stock analyst working in a family office in Hong Kong. I am using Passport on my own and also Q10 from my company. I am also a shareholder of BBRY (quite a substantial portion in my portfolio) and a believer in John Chen.

Two points to share:
    1. Probably a good news. Our IT has finally started to test Classic and it will slowly replace Q10 gradually. But the reason for the change was that the IT has received too many complaints on Q10, mostly on battery drainage and that the users were generally not happy with the BB10 experience on Q10 (still missing the cursor button on 9900). Originally the IT and management struggled to decide whether to move to iPhone or Classic. Hopefully a good experience with Classic can help to rebuild their confidence in Blackberry. We are still using Exchange with activesync with no plan to move to BES12 in the near term.

Welcome aboard jojowan !
    Agree re BlackBerry benefiting the trend.
    Let me roll my 8ball and continue to pretend we might see a more factual split (juridic, financial) of current BlackBerry divisions.
    IMHO, the day Enterprise division is no more dependent of others results, figures and performance we might see the exact same investors queing to pile in.
    (the above is 100% speculative - but Chen's silence sounds to me like something big - under heavy control - could happen the 28th)
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, 3MIKE and 5 others like this.
    02-13-15 02:21 AM
    Sorry, I don't follow, but thanks for the effort.

BTW, does anyone know the cutoff date for device sales reflecting on the next ER? I am thinking that this Verizon gig has been smartly sandbagged to allow for a smoother device sales curve for the ER after the next. Q3? Lol, they are whizzing by so fast, I can't keep up!
    He is saying that the 450 Fortune 2000 customers are the ones ranked from 1550 to 2000 because BlackBerry has the top 1550. Something to brag about would be 450 of the top 500 or 450 of the top 1000.

I believe the cutoff date is February 28th. I reckon you are right about the Verizon release. Designed to show a boost for next ER. Also smart because it allows all the positivity to spread before it hits the (massive) US market. We all know that if it hit the US first, it would be beaten down and device sales around the world would suffer.

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    02-13-15 02:25 AM
    I agree. But why can't BlackBerry benefit right now, when others can? I think the buyout rumors and Chen's silence lately are not good for BlackBerry. It's like a new virtual "for sale" sign. Who want's to buy products from a company when buyout rumors are popping up frequently?
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-13-15 03:33 AM
  25. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    He is saying that the 450 Fortune 2000 customers are the ones ranked from 1550 to 2000 because BlackBerry has the top 1550. Something to brag about would be 450 of the top 500 or 450 of the top 1000.

I believe the cutoff date is February 28th. I reckon you are right about the Verizon release. Designed to show a boost for next ER. Also smart because it allows all the positivity to spread before it hits the (massive) US market. We all know that if it hit the US first, it would be beaten down and device sales around the world would suffer.

Posted via CB10
    I also felt, as with the ATT release, they were waiting for OS 10.3.1 --- as stable an OS as possible before exposing their customers...

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 04:28 AM
113,250 ... 31973198319932003201 ...