Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Why is Chen so quiet lately???

Posted via CB10
    Mobile World Congress is Mar 2-5. BlackBerry said they would release the 2015 roadmap during MWC so they wont stay quiet for much longer. I for one am looking forward to seeing whats coming in the year ahead. I hope they are quiet preparing to show us a phone that raises the bar for BlackBerry in all touch. For me that's all that's lacking right now.
    02-09-15 08:14 AM
    BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) was upgraded by research analysts at Vetr Research from a �sell� rating to a �hold� rating in a report released on Monday. The firm currently has a $11.44 price target on the stock. Vetr Research�s price target would suggest a potential upside of 14.63% from the stock�s previous close.
    BlackBerry Stock Rating Upgraded by Vetr Research (BBRY) - Mideast Times
    02-09-15 08:19 AM
    Great reminder here...be cautious of which apps you allow onto your device.
    http://www.filearchivehaven.com/2015...-applications/

Classically Posted.
    Thanks.
    Quite insightful

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-09-15 08:26 AM
    So. It's Sunday night and the markets open in a few hours. Any predictions for what this week will bring (stock market wise! LoL)

I am thinking bbry will more or less remain flat, there is going to be some profit grabbing in oil and energy while over all markets will be down due to further worries about recession.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    I suspect a rough ride overall this week since Greece has declared an end to austerity. The European markets are getting rattled and that will spill over to the American markets. Futures this morning are very bleak. The DAX is down over 2% as I write this. NASDAQ futures are down over 20 and Dow over 100.
    02-09-15 08:29 AM
    ... and what phone is the third from the right?

We need a Bunga-bonus round to figure out all the phones.
    The BlackBerry Best Kept Secret Phone! The Z3!!!
    02-09-15 08:46 AM
    Web Security Analysis of 12 BlackBerry 10 Applications | FileArchiveHaven

Classically Posted.
    Nice find!
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    02-09-15 08:53 AM
    Yawns.

#BBFactCheck
    02-09-15 10:52 AM
    Enjoy some BB10 on a slow, quiet day:

bungaboy and theRock1975 like this.
    02-09-15 11:12 AM
    http://www.filearchivehaven.com/2015...-applications/

Classically Posted.
    Very disappointed indeed.
    I think I need to take a shower.
    I wonder if this is how an android user feels?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 11:29 AM
    More of our favorite BlackBerry girl, anyone?

Have a good week!
    She has more curves than an F1 race track.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 11:31 AM
    http://www.streetwisereport.com/blac...nysexrx/19811/

Refreshing positive words.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 11:38 AM
    http://m.crn.com/news/mobility/30007...e-security.htm

Samsung Teams With Good Technology For Enterprise Security

Samsung aims to boost its presence in the enterprise space by teaming with Good Technology on a new mobile platform called "Good for Samsung Knox" on Android devices.The partnership will bolster Samsung's Knox security platform with Good Technology's enterprise-targeted app ecosystem.

Solution providers such as David Felton, founder of Norwalk, Conn.-based Canaan Technology, cheered the move as a step forward for Samsung in attracting mobile enterprise clients.

[Related: 5 Problems That Are Crushing Samsung's Mobile Division]

"I don't see Samsung as a well-known enterprise hardware manufacturer yet," said Felton. "Samsung started out as a consumer device manufacturer, and they've lost a lot of market share. It seems they've shifted away from the consumer space that is becoming so dominated by Apple and going after the enterprise space. I think many hardware manufacturers, other than BlackBerry, have difficulty finding successful enterprise-focused security plays, while other software-based companies more easily attract the enterprise. So, it's an interesting move."

"Good for Samsung Knox" will promote a Good-secured app domain in Knox's Android operating system, and will allow Good Technology to provide support for Knox's mobile device management API set.

Samsung created the Samsung Enterprise Alliance Program in 2011 and began promoting its Knox mobile security technology in 2013 as a holistic enterprise platform. The company teamed with BlackBerry in November in a mobile-security technology sales partnership, another effort to win over enterprise customers.

But it has been difficult for the company to disentangle itself from its largely consumer-based clientele and promote enterprise-targeted measures through its Android operating system.

The "Good for Samsung Knox" platform is the first step of the partnership, which was unveiled at the 2014 Mobile World Congress.

"This announcement will benefit both parties," ssaid Good Technology Chief Mobility Officer Brian Reed. "Our ecosystem, integrated with Knox, means that Samsung will get instant secure access to our 1,500 apps."

In terms of the channel, Reed said the partnership is an "explosion of two technologies" that will enable solution providers to choose from a broader portfolio of products.

"It's one of those moves that's good for everybody," said Reed. "If you look at individual adoption curves, you'll find that a large part of the enterprise are on iOS, while the rest are on BlackBerry and Android. This will allow more resellers to bring Android into their platform for their enterprise-based mobile market, which will help balance out their business."

Also significant is the security aspect of the partnership, which is essential for organizations with highly confidential data, such as government- and financial-based companies, said Canaan Technology's Felton.

"My takeaway from all this is that there is finally a real interest emerging in enterprise mobile security, something that BlackBerry has been trying to promote for people for years," said Felton.

An "Explosion "?....

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 11:45 AM
    http://stafforddaily.com/first-call-...-ltd-2/339016/

First Call Recommends Hold on BlackBerry Ltd

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY): First Call has a Hold rating on BlackBerry Ltd. The rating information was disclosed by the rating firm, First Call in a research recommendation.

A number of other analysts have issued the recommendation and price target on the shares of company. BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY): 18 analysts have set the short term price target of BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) at $10.11. The standard deviation of short term price target has been estimated at $2.47, implying that the actual price may fluctuate by this value. The higher and the lower price estimates are $ 17 and $6 respectively.

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) declined 1.09%, losing 0.11 points per share. The first transaction of the day was executed at $10.05. During the rest of the day, the price vacillated between $9.9 and $10.16. The bears were more potent today and the stock closed near the lows at $9.98. Till the closing bell, 6,810,094 shares had exchanged hands. The previous session has ended at $10.09. The stock has a yearly high of $12.63 while the 52-week low is $7.01. The company has a market cap of $5,276 million and there are approximately 528,702,000 shares outstanding, according to the latest information.

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) has shown a rise of 5.7% or 6,725,456 shares in the short positions. The bets have increased to 125,367,832 shares on January 15,2015 from 118,642,376 shares on December 31,2014. With respect to the floated shares, the shorts are 25.6%. The counters days to cover are calculated to be 6, using the standard per day volume of 21,627,814 shares.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 12:07 PM
    Samsung Teams With Good Technology For Enterprise Security, it is old news, out Feb/2014. What is the implication for Feb/2015?
    masterful likes this.
    02-09-15 12:53 PM
    Here is Wired's piece on the Senate report regarding auto security.

This appears to be a very nice development for QNX as they can address all of the security gaps with additional software products.

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/heres-f...social_twitter

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, rarsen, laketrout73 and 4 others like this.
    02-09-15 12:56 PM
    Okay lets take a trip back in time!
    John Chen interview with Bloomberg. Too much old news going around.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/video/p...191112924.html
    02-09-15 02:43 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, for those interested in Electric Cars as part of IoT::

Electric Vehicles News Link Drop | CleanTechnica
    02-09-15 03:09 PM

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) has shown a rise of 5.7% or 6,725,456 shares in the short positions. The bets have increased to 125,367,832 shares on January 15,2015 from 118,642,376 shares on December 31,2014.
    Quick question: How would you reconcile the above data with the narrative of "shorts running scared"?
    02-09-15 03:28 PM
    OT : not completely

The two brothers has faith on Blackberry!
    You don't want to be like their Dad saying " Son you were right"
    Good day gang!!
    Carl Icahn Losing Netflix Bet With Son Brett as Shares Rise - Bloomberg Business
    02-09-15 04:12 PM
    Originally Posted by Shanerredflag
    http://www.filearchivehaven.com/2015...-applications
    Very disappointed indeed.
    I think I need to take a shower.
    I wonder if this is how an android user feels?
    Most Android users don't feel anything as they're oblivious to the issues. And those that aren't oblivious probably don't care because they're still using Android.

On another note, Nemory Studios responded with their explanation of the security holes:
    Nemory Studios: Response - Web Security Analysis Of 12 BlackBerry 10 Applications

Overall, I found most of his explanations plausible. Some of the holes were from services recommended by BlackBerry. Several years ago, an iOS app developer client of mine was sued by one of the states' Attorney Generals for some kind of privacy violation that stemmed from the developer's use of a third party service. The client used the service for function(s) completely unrelated to available functions that could have been used to violate app users' privacy.

That's my long way of saying, developers may be innocent, but they need to start taking ownership of third party services/code that they bring into their apps. This point was mentioned by QNX in the past on why manufactures should consider them. If a manufacturer needs code certification, QNX can certify its code because QNX wrote it all. Not everyone can say that. (Mind you, I don't recall how far into QNX's portfolio that claim extends to.)
    awindsr and bungaboy like this.
    02-09-15 04:24 PM
    Quick question: How would you reconcile the above data with the narrative of "shorts running scared"?
    Well, considering that the entire short pool shat themselves really good on January 14, I'd say the increase in short positions was mostly happening on January 15, when the stock was still up 10% after the Samsung rumor was confirmed to be false.

Next results appearing tomorrow. Will be interesting. My bet 105m short.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, bungaboy, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    02-09-15 04:27 PM
    OT
    Microsoft and Samsung end their Patent dispute, settlement is confidential.
    Also it has been reported as below that Samsung pays about $5 per handset sold, or over 1B per year

Link
    http://ca.reuters.com/article/techno...0LD2L820150209

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kadakn01; 02-09-15 at 06:04 PM.
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    02-09-15 05:15 PM
    The way I see it is that there isn't really a lot of share holders selling their stock right now. The only way that the shorts can keep the stock price down is to continue to sell more and more stock short and hope for some news, either real or manufactured that might let them off the hook. Of course I'm betting on the opposite and am going to hold onto my stock with an iron fist.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, theRock1975, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    02-09-15 05:17 PM
    02-09-15 05:20 PM
    On my flight from Toronto to Orlando today I saw two other Passports....the BlackBerry ones

Posted from my PassPort
    ZayDub, 3MIKE, rarsen and 13 others like this.
    02-09-15 06:35 PM
113,256 ... 31883189319031913192 ...