View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yeah, Pearson PLC also offers 35% off their books for shareholders. It's something that is done. Cheaper gas wouldn't make sense for owning an oil company, but perhaps it would depend on the company. Shell, and Texaco have petrol stations, so a discount there would be possible I guess. Anyway, it is done elsewhere, so it probably isn't that wild a suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    Bunga is relatively easy to bribe when it comes to BlackBerry devices.
    If BlackBerry offers a discount to shareholders with their next device, I am confident that he'll relax his theory.

(dangles carrot) Any stock holders up for a Z10 refresh with a pop-out keyboard to add to their collection, for say, 25% off??

Enjoy the weekend chaps!
    awindsr and bungaboy like this.
    02-08-15 01:38 AM
    02-08-15 06:40 AM
    The difference reading Blackberry FUD in 2015 are the comments.

"[BB10] Hub is ruthlessly efficient"
    "Switched from iphone4..and never looked back"
    "Best phones on the market, worst public perception".

Etc...

Posted via CB10
    I'm amazed at some of the positive comments in some of those articles. Only because I've posted comments on some , as well as others in this thread, and have had those comments deleted. How much do we not get to see from happy BlackBerry owners?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 06:46 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, people starting to open up:

?It just works?? Not so for too many Apple users | InfoWorld

Apple's journey from 'it just works' to 'it just needs more work' may undermine the company�s reputation for quality. They seem more interested in pumping out quantity by way of more upgrades. It's death by a thousand cuts, but it's death nonetheless."
    "I suspect the rapid decline of Apple's software is a sign that marketing is too high a priority at Apple today: Having major new releases every year is clearly impossible for the engineering teams to keep up with while maintaining quality. iOS 5 and 6 are to my memory, more stable and reliable versions than iOS 7 and 8. They include a long list of concrete problems, including general instability in Yosemite, which has to be rebooted frequently; the massive accumulation of paging files; network shares and printers disappearing; screen-sharing problems; and more. "
    bungaboy, awindsr, Corbu and 10 others like this.
    02-08-15 07:13 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, people starting to open up:

?It just works?? Not so for too many Apple users | InfoWorld

Apple's journey from 'it just works' to 'it just needs more work' may undermine the company�s reputation for quality. They seem more interested in pumping out quantity by way of more upgrades. It's death by a thousand cuts, but it's death nonetheless."
    "I suspect the rapid decline of Apple's software is a sign that marketing is too high a priority at Apple today: Having major new releases every year is clearly impossible for the engineering teams to keep up with while maintaining quality. iOS 5 and 6 are to my memory, more stable and reliable versions than iOS 7 and 8. They include a long list of concrete problems, including general instability in Yosemite, which has to be rebooted frequently; the massive accumulation of paging files; network shares and printers disappearing; screen-sharing problems; and more. "
    They will continue to have issues with their monolithic kernel

#BBFactCheck
    rarsen, 3MIKE, theRock1975 and 4 others like this.
    02-08-15 07:44 AM
    Bunga is relatively easy to bribe when it comes to BlackBerry devices.
    If BlackBerry offers a discount to shareholders with their next device, I am confident that he'll relax his theory.

(dangles carrot) Any stock holders up for a Z10 refresh with a pop-out keyboard to add to their collection, for say, 25% off??

Enjoy the weekend chaps!
    Bribes, nor carrots needed! But, a Bronze and a Blue Classic would be tempting. LoL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb10-phones.jpg
    3MIKE, jxnb, La Emperor and 8 others like this.
    02-08-15 07:58 AM
    Bribes, nor carrots needed! But, a Bronze and a Blue Classic would be tempting. LoL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB10 phones.jpg 
Views:	1343 
Size:	236.1 KB 
ID:	332514
    I'm dying to see a real version of those colors as well. Both colors interest me. Has there been any information on when we may see them? I don't recall anything recent.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 08:06 AM
    What model is your oldest phone in your collection, Bunga?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 08:08 AM
    I'm dying to see a real version of those colors as well. Both colors interest me. Has there been any information on when we may see them? I don't recall anything recent.

Posted via CB10
    I haven't heard anything since Chen mentioned the possibility during the Classic Launch.
    02-08-15 08:08 AM
    BBOS = 7130e
    BB10 = Z10

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-history.jpg
    02-08-15 08:12 AM
    University Blocks Outlook App for Android and iOS:
    http://utbblogs.com/backtoblack/univ...droid-and-ios/

Classically Posted.
    02-08-15 08:56 AM
    University Blocks Outlook App for Android and iOS:
    http://utbblogs.com/backtoblack/univ...droid-and-ios/

Classically Posted.
    Wondering why..

#BBFactCheck
    rarsen likes this.
    02-08-15 12:14 PM
    02-08-15 12:35 PM
    OT:

No, I haven't seen the cat, why?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-a3335zr_700b.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 01:16 PM
    OT:

No, I haven't seen the cat, why?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a3335zr_700b.jpeg 
Views:	2135 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	332555

Posted via CB10
    Ha ha ha. Love it!
    02-08-15 03:51 PM
    What model is your oldest phone in your collection, Bunga?

Posted via CB10
    ... and what phone is the third from the right?

We need a Bunga-bonus round to figure out all the phones.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-08-15 11:23 PM
    So. It's Sunday night and the markets open in a few hours. Any predictions for what this week will bring (stock market wise! LoL)

I am thinking bbry will more or less remain flat, there is going to be some profit grabbing in oil and energy while over all markets will be down due to further worries about recession.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 11:46 PM
    60 Minutes ran a piece on DARPA tonight which featured car software and security. Tomorrow Senator Ed Marky will be 'issuing a scathing report revealing that virtually all new cars can be hacked.' The report states "Only two [out of 16] automobile manufacturers were able to...diagnose or meaningfully respond to an infiltration in real-time."

I see this as a positive development for QNX as manufacturers are going to be forced to consider security more seriously and spend more money to properly address the issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 11:55 PM
    Back onto slight OT:

An interesting take on the surprise Apple earnings.
    Sounds in line with what many of us here believe:

Kedrosky says that Wednesday�s earnings release was �unprecedented.�

�They blew out the numbers, but there was a lot of financial engineering done in the quarter,� he says referencing Apple�s stock buy-back, dividend increase and stock split. �I�ve never seen a tech company do it so comprehensively and not see its stock get hit.�

Apple �can�t play that game twice,� Kedorsky says. �They did everything this quarter and won�t be able to replicate it again�

http://www.bnn.ca/News/2014/04/25/Te...q-selloff.aspx
    02-09-15 12:01 AM
    Why is Chen so quiet lately???

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 01:17 AM
    Why is Chen so quiet lately???
    Posted via CB10
    That's a good question. He was more present end of last year. And now he has some early numbers regarding BES12 and Classic sales and it's like he is hiding. I can't help, but the human brain spins this 'no news' automatically into something negativ. Just saying.

I'm still hoping that he just want to create an arc of suspense to finally surprise us all with something great at MWC in a few weeks (dreaming).
    02-09-15 03:18 AM
    That's a good question. He was more present end of last year. And now he has some early numbers regarding BES12 and Classic sales and it's like he is hiding. I can't help, but the human brain spins this 'no news' automatically into something negativ. Just saying.

I'm still hoping that he just want to create an arc of suspense to finally surprise us all with something great at MWC in a few weeks (dreaming).
    A surprise would be nice. It's hard to imagine good news at the moment when I can't even find a BlackBerry device in any shop I look in. Perhaps Chen is indeed quiet because things are so amazing that he wants to keep it all a special secret?

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB likes this.
    02-09-15 06:00 AM
    Great reminder here...be cautious of which apps you allow onto your device.
    http://www.filearchivehaven.com/2015...-applications/

Classically Posted.
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 7 others like this.
    02-09-15 07:06 AM
    Back onto slight OT:

An interesting take on the surprise Apple earnings.
    Sounds in line with what many of us here believe:

Kedrosky says that Wednesday’s earnings release was “unprecedented.”

“They blew out the numbers, but there was a lot of financial engineering done in the quarter,” he says referencing Apple’s stock buy-back, dividend increase and stock split. “I’ve never seen a tech company do it so comprehensively and not see its stock get hit.”

Apple “can’t play that game twice,” Kedorsky says. “They did everything this quarter and won’t be able to replicate it again”

Tech investor insists ?no bubble to be seen? despite Nasdaq selloff - BNN News
    Thank you for this Bacon Munchers. Unless I am mistaken, it would seem the interview is from April 25, 2014 though... Cheers,
    02-09-15 07:50 AM
    More of our favorite BlackBerry girl, anyone?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-hdavis14.jpg

Have a good week!
    02-09-15 07:56 AM
113,250 ... 31873188318931903191 ...