View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    About 10+ years ago, I called IBM's shareholder's services and asked if they had a shareholder discount code for laptop purchases and they gave me a code that I used to buy a ThinkPad online. I think it was shortly after they sold the PC business to Lenovo and Lenovo honored the code. Was it a shareholder code or an employee code, I don't know. All I know is I got the code from IBM's shareholder services and it worked.
    Yeah, Pearson PLC also offers 35% off their books for shareholders. It's something that is done. Cheaper gas wouldn't make sense for owning an oil company, but perhaps it would depend on the company. Shell, and Texaco have petrol stations, so a discount there would be possible I guess. Anyway, it is done elsewhere, so it probably isn't that wild a suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 05:57 PM
    Yeah, Pearson PLC also offers 35% off their books for shareholders. It's something that is done. Cheaper gas wouldn't make sense for owning an oil company, but perhaps it would depend on the company. Shell, and Texaco have petrol stations, so a discount there would be possible I guess. Anyway, it is done elsewhere, so it probably isn't that wild a suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    Guess I learned something new today! :Cheers:

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-06-15 06:44 PM
    For what reason?

I don't get a discount on gas because I own Oil & Gas Company stocks.

I don't get a discount on my vehicles for owning stock.

I don't get cuts in my banking service fees because I own bank stocks.

Same for groceries, drugs, clothing . . . the list goes on.

How long is a piece of rope?

What time does the noon whistle blow in your Town?
    Haha.

But you know what, it's not a bad idea.
    I think BlackBerry should offer (reasonable) discount to employees, shareholders, existing BlackBerry users to push out more devices. More BlackBerry 10 devices they can push out, more app developers would get interested in bringing apps to BlackBerry.

This way, they can push out devices without having to lower their MRSP. Kind of sneakily lowering prices without officially lowering prices.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 06:48 PM
    02-06-15 07:27 PM
    It's time for some Brazilian coffees !
    Have a nice weekend everybody, love the thread, thanks !!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150206_213616.jpg
    jxnb, BigBadWulf, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    02-06-15 08:56 PM
    Wow! Mobile Iron is proud of their latest 'invention'...:

"MobileIron First to Separate Security from Storage
    The challenge with traditional content security solutions is that they functionally link security and storage. This requires the migration of work documents to a new content storage repository in order to enforce security policies, which increases complexity by creating more repositories for the enterprise to manage."
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mobile...050000385.html

... Or, just buy a BlackBerry 10 device with BES and do a simple 'Balancing' act to get even more bang out of your time and money.

Oh my! What innovation!
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 9 others like this.
    02-06-15 09:28 PM
    Wow! Mobile Iron is proud of their latest 'invention'...:

"MobileIron First to Separate Security from Storage
    The challenge with traditional content security solutions is that they functionally link security and storage. This requires the migration of work documents to a new content storage repository in order to enforce security policies, which increases complexity by creating more repositories for the enterprise to manage."
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mobile...050000385.html

... Or, just buy a BlackBerry 10 device with BES and do a simple 'Balancing' act to get even more bang out of your time and money.

Oh my! What innovation!
    Wow. Let me rephrase the press release:

We at Mobile Iron can't figure out a way to lock down your employee's mobile device nor can we give them a reliable link directly to your corporate servers. We get that your employees are driven to succeed and are resourceful enough to find their own personal storage mechanism (not for their photos or music), but for your data.

If we can't beat them, we'll join them. We are proud to announce that we just created an overly complex solution to "encrypt everything"(TM) and hopefully we'll be able to keep track of every "where" your employees stuck your company sensitive files. Yeah, in case some files are time sensitive, we can time bomb them (trust us, our system ensures the time bomb works). But that's not all. Our solution makes your employees more efficient because we figured out a way of saving your employee time by AUTOMATICALLY taking firm sensitive data and pushing it to the employee's personal cubby hole in the cloud because that's where the employee (not you the employer) wanted it!
    02-07-15 12:30 AM
    Ha !
    I missed the Friday beer thirsty time !
    But maybe some of you are still are still contemplating this screen back home after some orgia or the likes
    Then, this may help : Introducing ... the steady beer !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ob_19039a_tumblr-nigittq6t51qcbo9lo1-400.jpg
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, 3MIKE and 8 others like this.
    02-07-15 03:01 AM
    OT:
    PSDV

FWIW:
    pSivida Corp. Given a $6.50 Price Target at MLV & Co (PSDV) - Sleekmoney

MLV & Co set a $6.50 target price on pSivida Corp. (NASDAQ:PSDV) in a report issued on Friday. The firm currently has a a buy rating on the stock.
    3MIKE, rarsen, bungaboy and 10 others like this.
    02-07-15 07:39 AM
    I don't know if I actually made my point or not, but you are totally right, the crime isn't to be found in the options trade, its in the stock trading side of the equation. I would have given Bungy credit for that point but I forgot he was the one that pointed this out earlier. If you lost a challenge to the SEC/OSC on the option trade, you would be fined, if the company was somehow involved, there would be civil damages later, but likely under $ 1 MM bucks. If however, its a stock problem, the cost to clear the companies' error could hit a $ 1B !! I have little faith in the OSC getting into the matter, but the SEC is a different animal and I hope they track down all of those trades and hold all of the windfall traders accountable..

M+8,

I couldn't agree more.

Notwithstanding that, I am not holding my breath for anything of substance as a consequence of the 'investigation.'

One needs to look no further than a simple 1-5 day chart of many securities with some attention paid to volumes prior to takeover announcements. The fact that this seems to have gone on for as long as I can remember unabated doesn't give me much comfort.

I wonder if in Canada the tax authorities could move some enforcement officers over to the OSC. Perhaps it could move the people it probably has looking at the average person's TFSA account who trades a lot [is that what it is that is offensive or is it those who trade a lot and are successful .. :-)] to those who trade on inside information and make money illegally.

OMC

Sent*from*my*BlackBerry*10*smartphone*
    Last edited by One Missed Call; 02-07-15 at 11:51 AM.
    02-07-15 08:06 AM
    GOLD BlackBerry Passport Unboxing!
    came across this video and reminded me of the earlier post we had..... thought I would share

24 min video, more of disassemble and reassembly video, Vietnam version

Here Is How a BlackBerry Passport Gets Gold Plated and Disassembled ? Video - Softpedia
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 02-08-15 at 09:25 AM.
    02-07-15 03:24 PM
    M+8,

I couldn't agree more.

Notwithstanding that, I am not holding my breath for anything of substance as a consequence of the 'investigation.'

One needs to look no further than a simple 1-5 day chart of many securities with some attention paid to volumes prior to takeover announcements. The fact that this seems to have gone on for as long as I can remember unabated doesn't give me much comfort.

I wonder if in Canada the tax authorities could move some enforcement officers over to the OSC. Perhaps it could move the people it probably has looking at the average person's TFSA account who trades a lot [is that what it is that is offensive or is it those who trade a lot and are successful .. :-)] to those who trade on inside information and make money illegally.

... but let's not forget that since this debacle, we are still considerably up, so at least in this example, we are ahead on this.
    Refreshing!

In other news:

Sierra Wireless Inc.SW.T*-11.95% posted a fourth-quarter adjusted profit of 29 cents a share, up from 10 cents a year earlier and ahead of analyst expectations. Revenue climbed almost 26% to a record level, it said. Analysts called the quarter strong, but consider guidance mixed. The company guided for a first-quarter profit of 15 cents to 18 cents a share and revenue of $145 million to $149 million.

Wow! 12% hit!
    I can't help but think that there might be a strong fit for a partnering deal between BlackBerry and Sierra.
    Patience....
    morganplus8, rarsen, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    02-07-15 04:13 PM

Wow! 12% hit!
    I can't help but think that there might be a strong fit for a partnering deal between BlackBerry and Sierra.
    Patience....
    Yes indeed...I've written, posted and prayed for this for a few years now...MR CHEN...MAKE THIS HAPPEN !!

Classically Posted.
    3MIKE and Bacon Munchers like this.
    02-07-15 06:04 PM
    Yes indeed...I've written, posted and prayed for this for a few years now...MR CHEN...MAKE THIS HAPPEN !!

Classically Posted.
    What is the advantage of partnering with them?

#BBFactCheck
    02-07-15 06:20 PM
    What is the advantage of partnering with them?

#BBFactCheck
    I'm guessing IoT dominance.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    02-07-15 06:27 PM

Posted with X10 via CB10

yep

as per their site:

"Global Leader in M2M Devices and Cloud Services for the Internet of Things"

"We offer the most comprehensive portfolio of wireless M2M devices, seamlessly integrated with our secure cloud and connectivity services"

"Sierra Wireless is building the Internet of Things with intelligent wireless solutions that empower organizations to innovate in the connected world"

I too have always wondered about the partnering with this company....
    theRock1975 and 3MIKE like this.
    02-07-15 06:43 PM
    Yup, yuup and yuuup...synergies of road forward.

Classically Posted.
    02-07-15 06:50 PM
    Is that made by GoPro?
    LOL!

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 07:19 PM
    Ha !
    I missed the Friday beer thirsty time !
    But maybe some of you are still are still contemplating this screen back home after some orgia or the likes
    Then, this may help : Introducing ... the steady beer !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ob_19039a_tumblr-nigittq6t51qcbo9lo1-400.jpg 
Views:	1870 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	332329
    Opps wrong button ^^^

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-07-15 07:21 PM
    http://www.infoworld.com/article/287...ec-leaves.html

Couldn't be bothered to post this article. FUD alert!

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    02-07-15 08:03 PM
    02-07-15 08:07 PM
    http://www.infoworld.com/article/287...ec-leaves.html

Couldn't be bothered to post this article. FUD alert!

Posted via CB10
    The difference reading Blackberry FUD in 2015 are the comments.

"[BB10] Hub is ruthlessly efficient"
    "Switched from iphone4..and never looked back"
    "Best phones on the market, worst public perception".

Etc...

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 09:20 PM

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Do they have the infrastructure similar to noc? And how about their security

#BBFactCheck
    02-07-15 09:24 PM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The difference reading Blackberry FUD in 2015 are the comments.

"[BB10] Hub is ruthlessly efficient"
    "Switched from iphone4..and never looked back"

Etc...

Posted via CB10

This is what CEO chen must try to change in 2015....

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 09:55 PM
    I'd say the average return on any call "near the money" expiring in 1 month is about 1-2%.

Blackberry $10 call expiring March 20(< 6 weeks) has a bid/ask at around $0.75 per share. That's 7.5% return for all potential upside in the upcoming 6 weeks! This is definitely a bullish indicator.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    02-07-15 10:11 PM
113,256 ... 31863187318831893190 ...