View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Strangely quiet times from BlackBerry. Haven't seen so much as an interview from Chen. Also no final month liquidation sale at ShopBB.

It's hard to draw any conclusions, but WS seems just as baffled. I hope it's because they're too busy activating all the payment accounts for EZ-PASS converters, and scaling up Passport production.

... just wanted to sneak that in there. Carry on with the reposts of Hannah!

Posted via CB10
    Was thinking the same thing. This is highly suspicious imo. Chen is always out there but since Samsung rumor he is no where to be found/seen. I think this bodes well for some sort of Samsung BBRY JV or BO.
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    02-05-15 12:49 PM
    Who cares about the website? Their customer service is trash and illogical. No easy way to resolve issues.

Posted via CB10
    I couldn't help but leave a comment.. Hopefully they'll respond to it.

edit: looks like it got deleted....
    donmateo likes this.
    02-05-15 12:53 PM
    02-05-15 01:23 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) Hopes of Winning Mobile Awards with Gogo Inc. (NASDAQ:GOGO), Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE:LVLT)
    BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) [Detail Analytic Report] nominated for Global Mobile Awards 2015. Mobile World Congress is the host to the Global Mobile Awards each year, and this time around BlackBerry has been added in a couple of the nominations. BlackBerry Blend has been selected as a finalist for Best Mobile App or Service for Customers and BBM Protected has been nominated in the top Security/ Anti-Fraud Product or Solution. These awards will be presented on March 3rd 2015 at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. On the other hand, U.S. district court authorized television host Ryan Seacrest’s Typo Products LLC for breaching an injunction excepting it from selling a $99 iPhone case found to have likely violated on BlackBerry patents. U.S. District Judge William Orrick in ordered Typo to give BlackBerry $860,600 in approvals, and pay attorneys’ fees and costs incurred in association with Typo’s breaching of the injunction. BlackBerry had submitted a suit in January last year against Typo, co-founded by American Idol host Seacrest, claiming that the physical keyboard it makes for some of Apple Inc’s (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone devices violate BlackBerry design patents.

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) Hopes of Winning Mobile Awards with Gogo Inc. (NASDAQ:GOGO), Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE:LVLT) | Streetwise Report
    02-05-15 01:26 PM
    Do you mean Digital River's customer service? If so I agree wholeheartedly.
    Edit: See below.
    02-05-15 01:36 PM
    I couldn't help but leave a comment.. Hopefully they'll respond to it.

edit: looks like it got deleted....
    Mine did as well from earlier...classic BlackBerry. Give us feedback and if we don't like it, we'll just delete it.
    02-05-15 01:37 PM
    It seems that someone is buying every share under 10$...
    doctor gonzo, CDM76 and rim4ever like this.
    02-05-15 02:03 PM
    Sony co-chair Pascal steps down in wake of hacking scandal

Sony co-chair Pascal steps down in wake of hacking scandal - The Globe and Mail

Amy Pascal will step down as co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment after hackers angry about a movie she championed mocking North Korea’s dictator exposed a raft of embarrassing emails between Pascal and other Hollywood figures.

Ms. Pascal, one of the most powerful women executives in Hollywood, had kept a low profile since her emails were leaked by hackers and widely reported by media, particularly one in which she made racially insensitive remarks about President Barack Obama’s taste in films. She later apologized.

Sony Pictures said Ms. Pascal will step down from her current post in May to launch her own production venture on the studio lot.

Sony Pictures Chief Executive and Chairman Michael Lynton told Reuters that the emails leaked late last year played no role in his and Ms. Pascal’s decision not to renew her contract in March 2015.

The entertainment arm of Sony Corp was victim of the most destructive cyberattack on a private company on U.S. soil.

The U.S. government has blamed the hack on North Korea after the reclusive nation was angered by a Sony comedy “The Interview,” which depicts the fictional assassination of leader Kim Jong Un.

Ms. Pascal had greenlighted the movie, which opened in limited release after the studio reversed a decision, condemned by Mr. Obama, to cancel its theatrical release.

Ms. Pascal, who joined Sony’s Columbia Pictures in 1988, said in a statement that she and Mr. Lynton had been discussing her transition to producer for “quite some time.”

“As the slate for the next 2 years has come together, it felt like the right time to transition into this new role,” Pascal said in a statement from the company, adding “I am leaving the studio in great hands.”

Sony did not immediately disclose who would be filling her post.

Ms. Pascal’s new production venture will focus on film, television and theater, the studio said. As part of a four-year agreement, Sony Pictures will finance Pascal’s venture and retain distribution rights to films financed.
    02-05-15 02:33 PM
    To go back on the Typo story, I was reading this (How Ryan Seacrest?s Typo keyboard tried to sidestep BlackBerry?s court injunction (and lost) | IT Business) and wondering whether BBRY ever did anything about their newish Typo 2 product on which the G&M spent an inordinate amount of time yesterday (pls don't give them your click, standard G&M fare... Is the Typo 2 worth all the legal trouble with BlackBerry? - The Globe and Mail). I can't recall any move on BBRY's part regarding the Typo 2. If I were them, I would not hesitate one bit.
    02-05-15 03:02 PM
    Back green over $10 ... still anemic volumes ... hum-hum ...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

5 biggest institutional investors; anything new ?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    'nite gang !
    02-05-15 05:17 PM
    M8 - Seeing as all is quiet on the BBRY front, what are your thoughts on the earnings report for Psdv released today? I've been slowly diversifying my portfolio with some halo and Psdv (and bbry of course).

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 05:26 PM
    It seems that someone is buying every share under 10$...
    I must admit that I was of those "someone"...
    02-05-15 05:56 PM
    Regulators Probe Report on Possible Purchase of BlackBerry by Samsung - WSJ
    SEC, Canada’s OSC in Early Stages of Examining Trading Activity Around Time of Report by Reuters

By BEN DUMMETT And DANA MATTIOLI
    Feb. 5, 2015 7:04 p.m. ET

Securities regulators in the U.S. and Canada are probing whether a recent news report about a possible purchase of BlackBerry Ltd. by Samsung Electronics Co. was sparked by investors’ intent on manipulating the Canadian smartphone maker’s stock.

The Securities and Exchange Commission and the Ontario Securities Commission are in the early stages of examining trading activity around the time of a report by Reuters in January that Samsung was pursuing a takeover of BlackBerry for as much as $7.5 billion, according to people familiar with the matter. Investigators are looking at whether someone deliberately fed information to reporters at the news service for the purpose of profiting on the resulting stock increase, one of the people said.

According to the report, published online Jan. 14, Samsung had recently made an offer for BlackBerry, based in Waterloo, Ontario. The report, which said the two companies had held talks, cited a person familiar with the matter and documents seen by Reuters.

Preliminary investigations of possible market manipulation frequently don’t lead to formal accusations. It isn’t clear whether any particular funds are in investigators’ sights and there is no indication that Reuters is a target of the investigation. A spokeswoman for Thomson Reuters Corp., the news service’s parent, declined to comment.

News reports about possible takeovers frequently cause big moves in the companies’ stocks, giving shareholders the ability to make big, quick profits.

BlackBerry shares, which had jumped almost 4% in the three hours before the story ran late in the trading day, soared another 30% on the report. They quickly gave back most of the gains after BlackBerry issued a statement that day that said it hadn’t held talks with Samsung for such a deal. The South Korean company later echoed that denial.

BlackBerry shares closed Thursday up 2.1% at $10.09 and are about 4% above where the stock traded immediately before the story.

Reuters has corrected the story to say that the talks it reported were held by representatives of BlackBerry and Samsung, and not the companies themselves, but has otherwise stood by it.

Thomson Reuters competes with News Corp’s Dow Jones, publisher of The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones Newswires, in news and other areas.

Recent insider-trading cases by the U.S. Justice Department and SEC have taken aim at suspicious trading ahead of merger announcements and other market-moving news.

Underscoring how difficult such cases can be to prove, in December a federal appeals court overturned two insider-trading convictions and ruled it isn’t always illegal to buy or sell stocks using inside information.
    02-05-15 06:35 PM
    Hmm this WSJ story, maybe why Chen has been quiet?

Also, I can really see this headline being spun into a disaster, somehow putting blame on BB.
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-05-15 07:23 PM
    Hmm this WSJ story, maybe why Chen has been quiet?

Also, I can really see this headline being spun into a disaster, somehow putting blame on BB.
    No way. But let see what m8 will say

#BBFactCheck
    02-05-15 07:31 PM
    No way. But let see what m8 will say

#BBFactCheck
    Sorry, not saying that BB will be blamed by the investigation, but the perception in the media could be spun as such. People are lazy and just state things in a certain way without thinking of the consequences.
    CDM76 and rarsen like this.
    02-05-15 07:35 PM
    OT:
    WSJ Summary on the Anthem story...

Health Insurer Anthem Didn’t Encrypt Stolen Data
    Anthem stored the Social Security numbers of 80 million customers and employees without encrypting them, the result of what a person familiar with the matter said was a difficult balancing act between protecting the information and making it useful
    02-05-15 08:28 PM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    OT:

CTO, or CIO should be fired over this.....

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen and Corbu like this.
    02-05-15 08:32 PM
    OT:

I had a job interview with one of the world's largest insurers about 8 years ago. The manager revealed to me that they were storing millions of records in a Microsoft Access database. I asked him to confirm as the software is not meant for handling so many records. He confirmed but didn't seem to like my reaction.

I can guarantee you nothing was encrypted.

You can steal the whole thing by copying one file lol.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu and Bacon Munchers like this.
    02-05-15 08:36 PM
    More details on that SEC probe, from Reuters this time
    SEC probes Blackberry options trading ahead of Reuters report about Samsung talks | Business | Reuters

By Charles Levinson

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is investigating a January 14 spike in trading in BlackBerry Ltd options that took place hours before Reuters reported that Samsung Electronics Co was in talks to buy the Canadian smartphone maker, according to a person familiar with the investigation.

One trade the SEC is looking at took place at 12:06 p.m. on that day, when there was a purchase of options with the rights to buy 200,000 shares of BlackBerry stock at a strike price of $10 a share, the person said.

Later that afternoon, Reuters reported that Samsung had offered to buy BlackBerry for as much as $7.5 billion, valuing its stock at between $13.35 to $15.49 per share, a 38 percent to 60 percent premium over BlackBerry’s trading price at the time.

BlackBerry’s stock, which closed on Jan. 13 at $9.71, shot up 30% on the news to close at $12.60 on Jan. 14, its biggest one-day gain in years.

The call options, which expired on January 23, were purchased for 10 cents in the trade. They surged on the Reuters story to a high of $2.55. If the buyer had been able to sell the options at that high they would have been able to make a profit of $490,000 on a $20,000 investment. It is unclear, though, whether the buyer was able to sell the options at a profit.

The SEC is investigating whether a source of information provided to Reuters bought Blackberry options, according to the person familiar with the investigation.

Both companies later denied they were in talks and BlackBerry’s shares tumbled. Reuters subsequently corrected its story to make clear that the discussions were between advisors rather than company officials.

There is no indication that Reuters is a target of the investigation. A spokeswoman for Thomson Reuters declined to comment.

A spokesman for the SEC also declined to comment.
    02-05-15 08:46 PM
    That's a Hell of a lot of money to make in 10 mins before market close. WOW
    02-05-15 09:06 PM
    M8 - Seeing as all is quiet on the BBRY front, what are your thoughts on the earnings report for Psdv released today? I've been slowly diversifying my portfolio with some halo and Psdv (and bbry of course).

Posted via CB10
    PSDV OT ALERT!

I have been lurking in the background here and reading some of the comments on the SEC/OSC investigation. I'll respond to this question before I tackle the big one! PSDV wasn't about earnings this quarter, they will start to see some traction in EPS next quarter but the real test is when they launch in the US at/near the end of March/2015. If you listen to the CEO of PSDV, he is very clear about the potential for this launch, he sees 270,000 patients at a $ 8.500/treatment, and as you can see, the numbers are strong. Those 270,000 patients are the ones that will benefit from the DME treatment (in other words, the 270,000 are from the 540,000 DME pool). And, if you do the math, the revenue could be extremely strong, that alone is a good reason to hold the stock. Then he talked about fast tracking and arthritis treatment with a prolonged injection delivery system for bad knees. This is a huge market. There are several other strong comments in the question period after the financial details so please take the time to listen very carefully to the questions and answers, they are very revealing. We are one or two quarters away from some very exciting news.

When I get another chance, I'll talk about the OSC/SEC investigation.
    donmateo, CDM76, bungaboy and 12 others like this.
    02-05-15 09:38 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1423194648407_665875.jpeg

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 02-06-15 at 10:06 AM.
    02-05-15 09:53 PM
    I had a job interview with one of the world's largest insurers about 8 years ago. The manager revealed to me that they were storing millions of records in a Microsoft Access database. I asked him to confirm as the software is not meant for handling so many records. He confirmed but didn't seem to like my reaction.

I can guarantee you nothing was encrypted.

You can steal the whole thing by copying one file lol.

Posted via CB10
    So sad that these are the types of companies we trust our data with! There needs to be investigations by the government when stuff like this happens as its citizens are put at risk. If the audit (maybe preemptive too) reveals malpractice then heads must roll. They investigate stock trading, food handling at restaurants, etc so why not our right of privacy and security and a company's responsibility to provide it.

Two ways to go in that interview. Either laugh at them and walk out knowing you don't wanna be stuck working in that cluster f*ck. Or offer to re architect the infrastructure at a high consultant rate. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 09:58 PM
    In a slightly OT response to all you guys posting bucksome bombshells, I thought I would share what us seasoned gents think a real lady should look like:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-edna_everage.jpg

No need to show off her fruit. The smile is captivating enough!
    02-06-15 01:48 AM
113,256 ... 31843185318631873188 ...