View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Why is BlackBerry trading positive at 1,38% on the TSX and negative on NASDAQ
    02-04-15 01:17 PM
    Why is BlackBerry trading positive at 1,38% on the TSX and negative on NASDAQ
    Currency, the CDN dollar is getting killed on lower oil prices and the US dollar is back on top. BBRY is priced in US dollars and when you apply the US stock price to the exchange rate for a CDN dollar, you get a much higher price in CDN terms, for BB.To.
    02-04-15 01:19 PM
    this whole currency thing has been such a pain in the *** lately. not only are oil prices affecting the CAN$, so did the Bank's lowering of the interest rate. there's rumblings that the bank might lower rates again.
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    02-04-15 02:03 PM
    Interesting trade yesterday in the Jan 2016 put options at $7 strike price, there was over 10,000 contracts traded but the open interest only increased by about 2,400 meaning they were not all new contracts being created. See pic.

Attachment 331810

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for sharing but can you elaborate

#BBFactCheck
    Heinz Katchup and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-04-15 02:20 PM
    02-04-15 02:34 PM
    02-04-15 03:58 PM
    A federal judge on Tuesday ruled that Typo Products owes BlackBerry more than $860,000 for violating an injunction barring sales of its original iPhone keyboard case.

The contempt finding has to do with BlackBerry�s allegations that Typo continued to sell and market the original Typo case despite a court injunction issued in March of last year. Typo has since released a second product, Typo 2, that it says is designed to avoid intellectual property conflicts with BlackBerry.

In a statement, a Typo representative said that the ruling is �part of the ongoing patent litigation related to the initial Typo product.�

�It has no impact on the Typo 2 product currently in the marketplace or our other planned product releases for the tablet,� the representative said, declining further comment.

For its part, a BlackBerry representative said: �The court�s order speaks for itself.�

BlackBerry sued the Ryan Seacrest-backed case maker in January 2014, shortly after the original Typo model debuted

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, morganplus8, rarsen and 10 others like this.
    02-04-15 03:58 PM
    Are there any negative ramifications to a high volume of BBRY stock owned institutionally.
    Would I be correct in assuming that the less the shorts have access to, the better? Or are my comments unrelated altogether in the bigger picture?
    Thanks guys .

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 03:59 PM
    Are there any negative ramifications to a high volume of BBRY stock owned institutionally.
    Would I be correct in assuming that the less the shorts have access to, the better? Or are my comments unrelated altogether in the bigger picture?
    Thanks guys .

Posted via CB10

It all depends on the account they hold. If its held in a Margin account, then they have access to the shares and so on. Search Google and you will find out more about this information. Like a cash account, no one can borrow the shares unless the person gives the rights to the shares.
    awindsr likes this.
    02-04-15 04:40 PM
    Thanks guys .

Posted via CB10
    Institution buying and selling of a stock usually cause it to go up or down more dramatically. So the overall long term outlook is the same. How we get there might be a bit different.
    anon(4086547) and awindsr like this.
    02-04-15 04:50 PM
    Add another $860,600 to BB...

Court orders Ryan Seacrest's company to pay BlackBerry for violating an injunction
    "

- A U.S. district court judge has ordered a company co-founded by "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest to pay BlackBerry for violating an injunction.

Typo Products, which counts Seacrest among its top investors, will pay about US$860,600 in fines for going against a preliminary injunction that prevented it from continuing to sell a keyboard case made for iPhones.

The fine covers sanctions, as well as attorney fees and costs incurred in connection with Typo's violation, according to court documents.

Early last year, BlackBerry (TSX:BB) accused Typo of copying its keyboard design in an effort to capitalize on the smartphone maker's "commercial recognition and goodwill.''

Shortly afterward, the court issued a preliminary injunction which prevented Typo from selling the case.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-04-15 05:06 PM
    OT: I think....

So I was looking at antivirus programs, and noticed this:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=lyx4gqzn

Is this like BES....but for home use?

Sounds light in features, specs and capabilities.

Found these lines from the site interesting :

"Security of Things"

"Security is in our DNA."

Sound familiar?
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 02-04-15 at 05:54 PM.
    awindsr likes this.
    02-04-15 05:20 PM
    Latest Kantar WorldPanel numbers:

USA - Nov 0.3% Dec 0.3%
    Great Britain - Nov 0.6% Dec 0.8%
    Germany - Nov 0.6% Dec 0.5%
    France - Nov 0.5% Dec 0.6%
    Australia - Nov 0.9% Dec 0.9%
    Italy - Nov 1.1% Dec 0.8%

Source

So it seems that the first month of Q4 hardware sales are steady. The good news is that they are most likely Passport/Z30 sales!! The lower costing phones from 2013 have mostly been cleared by end of November. Let's hope the Classic helps push hardware revenue up as well.
    02-04-15 06:23 PM
    thanks here is a link
    Typo ordered to pay BlackBerry $860,000 for violating sales ban | CrackBerry.com
    A federal judge on Tuesday ruled that Typo Products owes BlackBerry more than $860,000 for violating an injunction barring sales of its original iPhone keyboard case.

The contempt finding has to do with BlackBerry’s allegations that Typo continued to sell and market the original Typo case despite a court injunction issued in March of last year. Typo has since released a second product, Typo 2, that it says is designed to avoid intellectual property conflicts with BlackBerry.

In a statement, a Typo representative said that the ruling is “part of the ongoing patent litigation related to the initial Typo product.”

“It has no impact on the Typo 2 product currently in the marketplace or our other planned product releases for the tablet,” the representative said, declining further comment.

For its part, a BlackBerry representative said: “The court’s order speaks for itself.”

BlackBerry sued the Ryan Seacrest-backed case maker in January 2014, shortly after the original Typo model debuted

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    02-04-15 07:04 PM
    OT HALO!

Halozyme Therapeutics's VP and Chief Financial Officer just picked up 5,338 shares

http://insideri.com/1283292_00011590...9036-15-000031

Edit: I did too, at a very nice discount. Thank you shorties

Posted via Money making BlackBerry Passport!
    Corbu, bspence87, Mr BBRY and 6 others like this.
    02-04-15 07:47 PM
    When this thread started the share price was $19.56. Even though the stock price has dropped 48% we can all see drastic improvement since Chen has taken over. This company is way beyond what it was Nov 2,2011.
    bspence87, Mr BBRY and CDM76 like this.
    02-04-15 08:19 PM
    When this thread started the share price was $19.56. Even though the stock price has dropped 48% we can all see drastic improvement since Chen has taken over. This company is way beyond what it was Nov 2,2011.
    We will see 19 again by the end of the year

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    02-04-15 09:33 PM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    OT HALO!

Halozyme Therapeutics's VP and Chief Financial Officer just picked up 5,338 shares

http://insideri.com/1283292_00011590...9036-15-000031

Edit: I did too, at a very nice discount. Thank you shorties

Posted via Money making BlackBerry Passport!
    Nice… a good sign of bullish sentiment on the part of the CFO …think he knows more than we do lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 02-04-15 at 10:40 PM.
    02-04-15 10:11 PM
    fedakd !!

Energy was enjoying some short covering today, that's all that was. There is backward contagion in the futures market for oil and that means that oil prices will continue to head down here. The good news is that we might have seen a floor in oil at $ 44.00/bbl so you can plan to purchase energy stocks on the next dip. Nothing has changed for energy, just because CAPEX is going down doesn't mean the glut will disappear anytime soon. I see oil dropping in the days ahead as we have to test the lows for 2015 to see if they have any consumer/consumption support in the real world. Energy could in fact continue its way lower for the balance of the year with some short covering along the way.

Glad to hear you are holding PSDV, their earnings and forecast should be very interesting indeed. Feel free to contact their management team, they are really out to support investors in this one! I spent most of yesterday buying the stock for my wife's account.

GL and welcome back to the board.
    You do realize that most people assume it is Saudi Arabia manipulation of oil prices..

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 11:58 PM
    Currency, the CDN dollar is getting killed on lower oil prices and the US dollar is back on top. BBRY is priced in US dollars and when you apply the US stock price to the exchange rate for a CDN dollar, you get a much higher price in CDN terms, for BB.To.
    It took me a while to understand that ... lol. But that's good news for me too as I have an extra bonus of ... 20%+ at current exchange rate (I bought when Euro was high it's now weaker by - say - 20%).
    02-05-15 02:18 AM

The contempt finding has to do with BlackBerry�s allegations that Typo continued to sell and market the original Typo case despite a court injunction issued in March of last year. Typo has since released a second product, Typo 2, that it says is designed to avoid intellectual property conflicts with BlackBerry.

In a statement, a Typo representative said that the ruling is �part of the ongoing patent litigation related to the initial Typo product.�

�It has no impact on the Typo 2 product currently in the marketplace or our other planned product releases for the tablet,� the representative said, declining further comment.

For its part, a BlackBerry representative said: �The court�s order speaks for itself.�

Posted via CB10
    As far as I understand it, that's only a tip, related to the court infraction (still selling while forbiden) ... let's wait for "the bill" related to patent infrigement
    02-05-15 02:22 AM
    Slightly OT even if we discuss about his frequently

One of my friends is an expert in trading modeling and HFT. He was leading one of our major bank trading department and now joined a fund. He's also participating to set "the regulation" for the European market.

I had a talk (informal, champagne style, so don't quote that, that's what I can remember: salt it with both hands) with him about shorts and the general feeling my rookies eyes have on the market today. It was instructive, in particular on how one could think shorting is not (only) devil.
    His major argument was that shorting is - as of date - the only way for the market to evaluate the "real value" of a stock.
    But then I asked: "wait do you - funds - short stocks ? I thought you shouldn't ?"
    And then I learned that funds that want (they all, apparently) to short have a magic weapon ... they rent shares to other (long) funds so that they can "hide" behind a portfolio that is -temporarily - theirs ... I felt so naive ... They can speculate with virtual money because they rent shares to longs (funds : these are happy guys to do so). Oh.my.

Another interesting point was about how the knowledge of customers behavior (remember the link about capital one ?) and how they (banks) can match these informations with a given stock performance. I'll keep it short : the day the customers' department was asking him to "share informations and knowledge" he knew the picture was set (but that's the day he decided to leave, for other reasons). Just imagine how valuable is the analysis of customers purchases level variation is ... At a general level (we have public monthly/quarterly figures, they have it real time) but ... wait ... say I want to figure the results of a company before they reveal it ? How hard is it to monitor their sales ? Say this product is $699 and sells in electronic stores/sites to a well known target (marketing wise) ... Jack, you're dead: they know before anyone. But they're not insiders, they're analysts ...

I also learned about various enterprises selling (customers behavior) reports (I knew that) but also how deep banks are interested in satellite vision to observe agricultural products. "Wait, satellite ? How sharp ?" : 10 meters square. "Do you track mall parkings ?" : sure.
    We are very focused on trading as a technique but we often forget that it is also an "espionage" work; did you know companies charter helicopters to scan tanks levels of oil/gas or bulk/transformed cereals ?

Definitely, I'm so naive ... remember guys, in this game we don't have all the same weapons : stay safe !
    Under heavy load of work, sorry for the non-attendance lately
    Cheers
    SF
    02-05-15 02:51 AM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    It took me a while to understand that ... lol. But that's good news for me too as I have an extra bonus of ... 20%+ at current exchange rate (I bought when Euro was high it's now weaker by - say - 20%).
    It's the main positive for me also... 25 percent difference atm ...not so long ago the canadian dollar was par or slightly better against US dollar, when commodities were strong ... as the canadian dollar closely mirrors it's major exports....

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, La Emperor and sidhuk like this.
    02-05-15 03:00 AM
    OT:

oil is one of the most manipulated commodity prices in the world.

It was so high the last 10 years to indirectly tax China. Now it is low too screw Russia. Simple as that.

Supply Demand haha

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 03:35 AM
    02-05-15 05:41 AM
113,250 ... 31823183318431853186 ...