View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    And before you go to sleep.
    Rich sexy women still love their blackberries. here is the proof and thats why i buy blackberry shares. sweet dreams Morganp8.
    Attachment 331556
    Done so I can like twice

Classically Posted.
    La Emperor, sidhuk, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    02-03-15 12:06 PM
    Looks like Sammy is getting into any bed that will have them...

Good for Samsung Knox brings a secure app ecosystem for enterprise users | Android Central
    Samsung announced that partnership at last years MWC along with one with MobileIron. I had thought the BES partnership would put the kibosh on this one with Good but I guess Sammy wants a finger in every pot.
    02-03-15 12:56 PM
    Citron Research had it right when they said if BlackBerry were a startup, they'd be worth 3 times what they are today and they wouldn't have to put up or shut up.
    Oh, they stole my words !

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 01:59 PM
    OT Alert!

Despite the recent strength we've seen in oil today, I still wonder whether or not the bottom is in for oil. What do you think M+8?

Still holding my PSDV shares

Derek
    lech31, Corbu and bigbadben10 like this.
    02-03-15 02:05 PM
    Irving khan�s Kahn Brothers Group reported that its equity portfolio has a market value of approximately $580 million in the fourth quarter of 2014 based on its 13F filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

During the quarter, Kahn Brothers increased its stake in BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) by 289,960 shares to 1,846,010 shares.
    Kahn Brothers Add Stake In BlackBerry
    02-03-15 02:14 PM
    Whoa!

Do we know how much of the float is now institutionally owned?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 02:27 PM
    What does FUD mean? I've been a member of Crackberry since before Jan 5th. Does that qualify me to ask....? Just a joke. Really I don't know what that "FUD" means.

Classic 2BF2EA40 ...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    02-03-15 02:31 PM
    What does FUD mean? I've been a member of Crackberry since before Jan 5th. Does that qualify me to ask....? Just a joke. Really I don't know what that "FUD" means.

Classic 2BF2EA40 ...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    My new friend. Here is a prime example from today on the internet.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-invest-correctly-alec-saunders.jpg

The Headline makes it sound like Saunders just jumped from BlackBerry to Microsoft.

In fact, Saunders left BlackBerry back in November 2014 and re-joined Microsoft a few days ago.

That! My new friend is FUD!

(Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt)
    02-03-15 02:51 PM
    OT Alert!

Despite the recent strength we've seen in oil today, I still wonder whether or not the bottom is in for oil. What do you think M+8?

Derek
    OT: OIL / PSDV
    According to Kevin Oleary today on BNN, the recent upswing is just volatility in the market. He's predicting oil in the $40 range come mid spring.

Also holding PSDV, was tempted to pick up more yesterday. Hoping Friday looks good !

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 02-03-15 at 06:27 PM.
    02-03-15 03:32 PM
    OT Alert!

Derek
    fedakd !!

Energy was enjoying some short covering today, that's all that was. There is backward contagion in the futures market for oil and that means that oil prices will continue to head down here. The good news is that we might have seen a floor in oil at $ 44.00/bbl so you can plan to purchase energy stocks on the next dip. Nothing has changed for energy, just because CAPEX is going down doesn't mean the glut will disappear anytime soon. I see oil dropping in the days ahead as we have to test the lows for 2015 to see if they have any consumer/consumption support in the real world. Energy could in fact continue its way lower for the balance of the year with some short covering along the way.

Glad to hear you are holding PSDV, their earnings and forecast should be very interesting indeed. Feel free to contact their management team, they are really out to support investors in this one! I spent most of yesterday buying the stock for my wife's account.

GL and welcome back to the board.
    Corbu, sidhuk, lech31 and 13 others like this.
    02-03-15 03:39 PM
    There's even an interesting Wikipedia entry for it with some references to what some old-timers here will remember... IBM, Amdahl, Microsoft...
    Fear, uncertainty and doubt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FUD is generally a strategic attempt to influence perception by disseminating negative and dubious or false information. An individual firm, for example, might use FUD to invite unfavorable opinions and speculation about a competitor's product; to increase the general estimation of switching costs among current customers; or to maintain leverage over a current business partner who could potentially become a rival.
    02-03-15 03:50 PM
    For the French speakers out there, a general article dealing with what BES is and does:
    BES12 : de quels arguments dispose BlackBerry ? | Blackberry 10
    02-03-15 03:53 PM
    There's even an interesting Wikipedia entry for it with some references to what some old-timers here will remember... IBM, Amdahl, Microsoft...
    Fear, uncertainty and doubt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    And if you believe those FUDDERS,

CKE will come after U .....

ooopps..this post was a reply to Bunga's new friend.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 02-03-15 at 11:21 PM. Reason: to clarify
    02-03-15 03:57 PM
    Whoa!

Do we know how much of the float is now institutionally owned?
    This may help:
    BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Ownership Summary - NASDAQ.com

Institutional Holdings: 50.45%
    Total Number of Holders: 258
    Total Shares Held: 266,748,791
    Total Value of Holdings: 2,707,500,229
    sidhuk, bigbadben10, jxnb and 10 others like this.
    02-03-15 03:57 PM
    And, btw, thank you for the kind words, Morgan!

Well, it's not a Plus 8, but you may get a kick out of this:
    http://www.petrolicious.com/what-it-...rgan-3-wheeler

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-morgan-3.jpg
    rarsen, cjcampbell, lech31 and 9 others like this.
    02-03-15 05:22 PM
    Oil prices have started a brand new game of Snakes and Ladders. Tomorrow we have the EIA Petroleum status Report along with many other indicators. Should we construed today's oil uptick as those who know or not. Tomorrow we will find out that answer.

It's good to be different!

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and CDM76 like this.
    02-03-15 08:13 PM
    OT; anybody know the latest gas price in Russia?
    take99 likes this.
    02-03-15 08:26 PM
    Hey,

First off, I love this thread. Thank you to everyone who contributes... especially Morganplus8 - your insight is invaluable.

A little news for everyone from over at N4BB. A large investor just increased their stake in bbry. Glad to see others believe in Chen's turnaround story (especially after reading the un-educated story in today's Globe and mail).

http://n4bb.com/kahn-brothers-increa...kberry-shares/

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 08:42 PM
    Hey,

First off, I love this thread. Thank you to everyone who contributes... especially Morganplus8 - your insight is invaluable.

A little news for everyone from over at N4BB. A large investor just increased their stake in bbry. Glad to see others believe in Chen's turnaround story (especially after reading the un-educated story in today's Globe and mail).

Posted via CB10
    Wow. That's a huge increase!!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 11:41 PM
    Hey,

Posted via CB10
    Yeah big investors have been have been upping their stake in BlackBerry behind the scenes wile upfront the the analysts have been telling the average investors to keep away.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-04-15 10:08 AM
    Yeah big investors have been have been upping their stake in BlackBerry behind the scenes wile upfront the the analysts have been telling the average investors to keep away.
    Posted via CB10
    ... or even to sell cheap, so the big investors can buy more for less.

Sounds like a conspiration theory but I think meanhile everything is possible.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-04-15 10:43 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files: Sony Pictures has taken a $15 million hit to its finances as part of "investigation and remediation costs" relating to a cyberattack late last year. Sony did not disclose how much revenue it missed out on from not showing the movie in theaters, but some estimates suggest as much as $100 million in lost revenue. We can guess that this gives only a partial picture of the true final fiancial hits and pain at Sony, how much increased profitable sales required to compensate loses.

Sony takes $15M hit after North Korea cyberattack | ZDNet
    02-04-15 11:01 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files: Sony Pictures has taken a $15 million hit to its finances as part of "investigation and remediation costs" relating to a cyberattack late last year. Sony did not disclose how much revenue it missed out on from not showing the movie in theaters, but some estimates suggest as much as $100 million in lost revenue. We can guess that this gives only a partial picture of the true final fiancial hits and pain at Sony, how much increased profitable sales required to compensate loses.

Sony takes $15M hit after North Korea cyberattack | ZDNet
    Thanks rarsen. Those figures seem "conservative" if you ask me.

They had 3 major films that were leaked before release (Fury, Annie, The Interview) that resulted in many unauthorized downloads ......plus other major films put on hold/delayed.

Plus, I'm sure many other internal costs incurred as a result, investigations, hardware upgrades, protocols, documentation changes, etc...

BB should definitely add this to their "High Profile Hacks" list in their presentations/marketing.

BTW, I love this forum and so thankful to all the contributors. (The negativity doesn't belong in this forum, whether On or Off topic !)
    ok, thanks
    morganplus8, Corbu, 3MIKE and 7 others like this.
    02-04-15 12:30 PM
    Interesting trade yesterday in the Jan 2016 put options at $7 strike price, there was over 10,000 contracts traded but the open interest only increased by about 2,400 meaning they were not all new contracts being created. See pic.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150203_125637_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    02-04-15 12:43 PM
    02-04-15 12:52 PM
113,250 ... 31813182318331843185 ...