• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    01-30-15 06:50 PM
    OT: Go Leafs Go! Make it 9 straight! LoL

(sorry guys)
    What the ????

This statistic never fails with the Leafs, beginning of season until Christmas they are one of the hot teams. The new year starts and it's all down hill.

One good thing about being a Leaf fan is that the disappointment comes early.

Lol

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-30-15 08:04 PM
    Absolutely and unmistakably OT:

Heck, since this is the weekend, please forgive this slight manifestation of my obsessive compulsiveness...

For the jazz lovers out there, that subdued and discrete presence of the bandleader in The Spinners' song posted earlier by bungaboy brought a smile to my face and reminded me of this:

Note the great Duke Ellington holding the score for the inimitable Johnny Hodges. Priceless.

In Ellington's eulogy of Hodges, he said, "Never the world's most highly animated showman or greatest stage personality, but a tone so beautiful it sometimes brought tears to the eyes—this was Johnny Hodges. This is Johnny Hodges."
    Classy guys. Classy times. Isfahan...

And a good weekend to all.
    01-30-15 09:56 PM
    i love philly soul. my favourite spinners tune is - i'll be around

this is what my alarm plays in in the morning - wake up everybody
    01-30-15 11:49 PM
    Where's the facepalm icon when you need it...
    Here ?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-tumblr_mh2remsvhi1s410g9o1_500.gif
    A liitle sexier than captain K !
    01-31-15 04:15 AM
    OT: LoL Our Theme Song. Not for haters nor bashers!
    May I suggest ...

'm a black Samoura�
    A bright light in your black night
    I'm a black Samoura�
    Preaching love to the twilight
    No patati, no patata
    Me no want no more bla bla bla
    Have a great groooooovvvayyyyy weekend gang !
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-austin-powers1.gif
    01-31-15 04:22 AM
    Slightly OT : about "insiders" ... Stay calm in the comments
    http://www.bloombergview.com/article...one-some-fraud
    rarsen, 3MIKE, ibpluto and 4 others like this.
    01-31-15 04:24 AM
    OT:
    As the new car will be unveiled tomorrow, a bit of a teaser for the fans of F1 and the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team, in particular, out there...

You can see the complete, 8 minute version, here:
    Road to 2015 | UBS ? Global Partner of Formula 1�

Interesting bit on partners around 3:42. I hope BBRY remains on board for the longest while.

3MIKE, bungaboy, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    01-31-15 07:05 AM
    Hey All...been on the sidelines for a couple months with elderly parents joy . Been trying to keep up on news and insights here - thanks as always for the great info!

On slightly OT, I am very proud to say I now own another piece of QNX technology! Bought a BMW 535 GT - both the Nav system and dash (part of it anyway) run on QNX - no wonder they're so brilliant to use and look at! Love it!

Best all...keep the faith!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 07:13 AM
    OT: My turn, Van Da Man! Got Soul.

01-31-15 08:02 AM
    Great clip.... The bass player is fantastic, so locked in with the drums and imaginative. Groovy and lyrical playing. thx!
    01-31-15 08:53 AM
    Security.
    A Bug In Apple's Online Services Let Developers Log Into Other People's Accounts

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/itune...#ixzz3QPfq1dr7
    http://www.businessinsider.com/itune...per-bug-2015-1

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    01-31-15 09:25 AM
    OT: BAC
    If anyone is interested BAC just developed a inverted hammer friday so i'll be watching on monday to see how it close. I believe it's going to be a start of a rally there if the overall market can hold out. MACD is close to converging and RSI is still showing in the oversold level at 34.89
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-31-15 09:54 AM
    Back to work...can't wait: The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-facebook-20150131-094404.png

Classically Posted.
    01-31-15 10:45 AM
    Does anyone know how long the sponsoring deal with Mercedes is?
    01-31-15 11:12 AM
    Does anyone know how long the sponsoring deal with Mercedes is?
    I thought it had never been made clear but I did a bit of digging-up and found this:
    http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/d6695...#axzz3QQAq1KE8
    Mercedes and BlackBerry in F1 deal

February 4, 2013 8:21 pm

Mercedes’ Formula One team and BlackBerry, two businesses trying to catch up with rivals, joined forces in a sponsorship deal worth $12m a year for three years.

Research In Motion, the Canadian handset maker, is getting into F1 for the first time and will have the BlackBerry name on the chassis and headrests of Mercedes’ new Silver Arrows and the racesuits of team drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.

Mercedes poached Mr Hamilton from rival McLaren at the end of last season as part of a concerted effort to keep pace with F1’s strongest teams – McLaren, Red Bull and Ferrari.

Frank Boulben, BlackBerry’s chief marketing officer, said the brand and the team had matching strategies of recovery in their fields.

“They think, very much like us, Mercedes is at the beginning of a journey to reclaim the top position,” Mr Boulben said. “We are making a strong comeback with the new platform BB10, so there are very similar trajectories. The two stories marry very well.”

F1’s global reach was an attractive factor for BlackBerry, particularly in important markets such as India, South America and North America.

Mr Hamilton was also “a big part of the appeal”, Mr Boulben said.
    Also found this, a bit more recent and general, with no indication of term or conditions:
    Why BlackBerry isn't dead: Firm keeps Mercedes F1 team driving with enterprise package - PC Advisor

Excerpt:

Security is paramount

There are, of course, obstacles including security as Mercedes don't want information about next year's car, for example, to be obtained. "For us as a business, security is as important as the performance of the car, because otherwise we give away that performance to other people," said Harris.

These guys love their BlackBerrys so much that many of them don't even have a personal phone alongside. Harris explained that even he doesn't need to worry as the personal and work sides of the operating system are kept completely separate – copy and paste between them is blocked.

BES10, which has tens of thousands of servers installed globally, provides encryption so the team doesn't need to worry as it goes about its job of making the car faster.

"In my job, I’m going to a race typically every two weeks, so it’s absolutely vital to have something that I can rely on and to know whatever I send through it or receive is being handled securely," said Lowe.

Wolff added that he "wouldn't want to take the risk of using an unsecure phone".

BES10 also supports other operating systems and in this case, Mercedes does use a few iPads but doesn't opt for Android due its more shaky security, according to Harris.

BlackBerry may have lost the consumer market to the big guns like Apple and Google but its enterprise side is the backbone which it needs to keep going. It's no wonder a company like Lenovo is tipped to buy the firm.

The Mercedes F1 Team is just one case study of how a company replies on its products and solution. BlackBerry is the chosen mobile provider for the G7 governments and has received more than 50 government certifications.
    01-31-15 11:35 AM
    Yes, this is the third of a three year term...I hope they renew.

Classically Posted.
    Corbu, rarsen, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    01-31-15 12:19 PM
    Just a little OT as it's the weekend. If you travel to Puerto Vallarta make sure you eat at Casa Tradicional Cocina Mexicana. Without a doubt some of the best Authentic Mexican Cuisine in PV. Zoar was the most delightful hostess. Make sure you mention us when you visit.

An example to excite your taste buds! Cactus, beef, shrimps, chorizo, cheese and a delicious spicy sauce

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_2180.jpg
    3MIKE, georg4BB, bungaboy and 7 others like this.
    01-31-15 01:31 PM
    Are you known as Bigbadben at the restaurant?? :-D

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 02:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    No.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-il-geco-playa.jpg

sidhuk, _dimi_, cjcampbell and 5 others like this.
    01-31-15 02:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yo Dimi,

Everywhere I go I leave my mark!

We invited Zoar and her family to come and stay with us!
    bungaboy, Corbu, _dimi_ and 1 others like this.
    01-31-15 04:10 PM
    Yo Dimi,

Everywhere I go I leave my mark!

We invited Zoar and her family to come and stay with us!
    I hear they are still recovering in Montreal. LoL
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    01-31-15 05:03 PM
    If you haven't see it yet, I suggest watching the movie, The Drop, on Saturday night. It was one of James Gandolfini 's last movies and there is a connection to the Superbowl game in the script!

BB10 4 ME
    It still upsets me knowing James Gandolfini is no longer with us.

To Tony Soprano
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    01-31-15 05:33 PM
    I hear they are still recovering in Montreal. LoL
    That is not far from the truth Bunga.... OMG...clubbing until 7 am the last night, flight at 12.....I was bouncing all the way back to Kelowna.... Definitely going back to Montreal and then QC. We just LOVE Quebec Corbu even arranged for a bottle of Champagne (VC) for our Airbnb place in Montreal for when we arrived! What a gentleman he is!!
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    01-31-15 06:38 PM
    And booking a trip to Puerto vallarta.... now.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    01-31-15 07:08 PM
113,256 ... 31753176317731783179 ...