View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    John Chen is more likely thinking about how much Apple would pay for Blackberry's patent portfolio at auction given that they are selling so many iPhones worldwide and might be in the market for even stronger smartphone IP protection. A few billion dollars would go a long way towards expanding the service business rather than swimming upstream in the hardware race.
    Way past your bed time!

Posted via CB10
    iamagod and bungaboy like this.
    01-28-15 09:07 PM
    I'm not sure but the hooligans stop at 9:00 o'clock eastern time !
    01-28-15 09:20 PM
    Not sure if this was posted already, nonetheless it's a very nice read. Hope you all enjoy.

Why is Blackberry Suddenly So Hot Again?

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-b...ry&sf7143249=1

Posted via Money making BlackBerry Passport!
    bungaboy, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    01-28-15 09:24 PM
    "IT" is hoping that $hit would stick some where and when Blaze flushes it, "IT" would take some one else along with it.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    01-28-15 09:41 PM
    Lol...two years ago you'd swear to God it was coordinated through five time zones.

Proof we are gaining traction I guess.

Classically Posted.
    3MIKE, sidhuk, CDM76 and 2 others like this.
    01-28-15 09:43 PM
    Lol...two years ago you'd swear to God it was coordinated through five time zones.

Proof we are gaining traction I guess.

Classically Posted.
    Yess sir that's what I think also!
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-28-15 09:59 PM
    So this is not the first time ? I wonder how much they get paid for this ?
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    01-28-15 10:07 PM
    [url]http://tinyurl.com/kajofyt.

apologies if already pasted.

Classically Posted.
    01-28-15 11:18 PM
    01-28-15 11:21 PM
    Sorry...

Classically Posted.
    3MIKE and bungaboy like this.
    01-28-15 11:22 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies files, overall sales in China a brand new market for iPhone — were up 70% year over year. Everyone is aware of the large possibilities in China, including John Chen who had indicated they are looking at ways to be more present in that market.

As Xiaomi (often perceived as the Chinese version of iPhone and Steve Jobs) has had a huge expansion in a very short time. Anyone can comment how they are competing in the Chinese market, where iPhone had at times been accused of being a National Security Risk.
    lech31, bungaboy, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    01-29-15 07:31 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies files, overall sales in China a brand new market for iPhone � were up 70% year over year. Everyone is aware of the large possibilities in China, including John Chen who had indicated they are looking at ways to be more present in that market.

As Xiaomi (often perceived as the Chinese version of iPhone and Steve Jobs) has had a huge expansion in a very short time. Anyone can comment how they are competing in the Chinese market, where iPhone had at times been accused of being a National Security Risk.
    In my opinion

1) people want what you tell them they shouldn't have
    2) It's an import and non-domestic. Perception says "better"

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    01-29-15 07:39 AM
    Re: family focus...Nanny cam hacks are the latest fappening..('the nappening'? Lol). BlackBerry should really try to leverage itself into this 'secure digital home' IoT space at some point using the QNX platform.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 01-29-15 at 09:30 AM.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    01-29-15 08:12 AM
    OT: China
    BBC News - US tech firms ask China to postpone 'intrusive' rules

US business groups are seeking "urgent discussions" over new Chinese rules requiring foreign firms to hand over source code.

The groups wrote to senior government officials after the introduction of the cybersecurity measures at the end of last year, it has been reported.

According to the New York Times, the US Chamber of Commerce and others called the rules "intrusive".

They apply to firms selling products to Chinese banks.

"The domestic purchasing and related requirements proposed recently for China's banking sector... would unnecessarily restrict the ability of Chinese entities to source the most reliable and secure technologies, which are developed in the global supply chain," the letter, which was dated 28 January, reportedly read.

According to reports, the rules would also force technology vendors to create backdoors for the Chinese government, adopt Chinese encryption algorithms and disclose sensitive intellectual property.

Firms planning to sell computer equipment to Chinese banks would also have to set up research and development centres in the country, get permits for workers servicing technology equipment and build "ports" which enable Chinese officials to manage and monitor data processed by their hardware, Reuters reported.

01-29-15 08:27 AM
    Watch it closes below 10. We will get another rumor, and it will spike.
    01-29-15 08:46 AM
    Thanks for this I find it to be very much "on topic". While we are certain we would love BlackBerry to enter this market - these are the very customers they would target - and so we see how difficult its going to be for Chen moving forward there. I am looking forward to hearing him talk about it further as time goes on.
    Corbu and CDM76 like this.
    01-29-15 09:06 AM
    01-29-15 09:11 AM
    01-29-15 09:14 AM
    Feature-by-feature demo of the QNX CAR platform for infotainment

01-29-15 09:16 AM
    OT: Net neutrality: CRTC bans Bell from subsidizing data usage for mobile TV app

Net neutrality: CRTC bans Bell from subsidizing data usage for mobile TV app - The Globe and Mail
    01-29-15 09:22 AM
    Watch it closes below 10. We will get another rumor, and it will spike.
    I'm saying the same in my head

#BBFactCheck
    01-29-15 09:37 AM
    OT - just picked up some psdv for the long run!

Morgan - any idea when we expect this one to start picking up? seems like they are planning on meeting the FDA in march

Thanks in advance!
    bigbadben10 and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-29-15 09:56 AM
    Common people. We need some news today.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 10:11 AM
    Common people. We need some news today.

Posted via CB10
    Had a luvely cuppa tea this mornin... .

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    Corbu, 3MIKE, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    01-29-15 10:15 AM
    ....At some point, all of this balancing act will end on one piece of evidence and the stock will soar.
    Morgan, is this a typical scenario for other Businesses suffering from parasitic shorts and media FUD, or more unique to BlackBerry and their current situation where it seems fashionable to hate on them ?
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Hi awindsr,

That's a good question, my thoughts are that BlackBerry brought much of the wrath of hatred against them by the arrogant way the previous management dealt with the media. For so long, they seemed to be above everyone else and felt no one could challenge their products, and of course, they were gravely wrong. So now you have the media against them, a failing product line and a foreign controlled company with no ties to America. In Canada, you practically have to be caught stealing money out of the corporate coffers before you can be prosecuted. There was nothing that BB could do to stop all the negative articles and the actions of hedge funds from another country. As far as illegal maneuvering goes, we'll never know, only a couple of journalists were ever fired from their jobs. I'm sure others have their opinion of how BlackBerry was treated during those days, and to some extent, today, but as we all know, there is no amount of hedge fund money that can hold a stock down forever if the company in question is growing the business and seeing higher EPS. So much of the blame goes to prior management and BB's inability to grow the business. Just my personal thoughts.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 01-29-15 at 10:47 AM.
    jxnb, Bilaal, Corbu and 15 others like this.
    01-29-15 10:27 AM
113,256 ... 31703171317231733174 ...