View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    not only that, plus they are forcing you to read their posts not to mention that getting so upset and name calling, if you dont read it. so apple like mentality. even though they all have android or apple devices but yet, they have to be on CB.
    All I see is "Greyed out" because I've got the FUDERS on my ignore list!
    3MIKE, neteng1000 and theRock1975 like this.
    01-25-15 02:50 PM
    All I see is "Greyed out" because I've got the FUDERS on my ignore list!
    Duh. So much for net naturality. Lol

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    01-25-15 02:52 PM
    not only that, plus they are forcing you to read their posts not to mention that getting so upset and name calling, if you dont read it. so apple like mentality. even though they all have android or apple devices but yet, they have to be on CB.
    They just want to rain our parade...well where I'm at the SUN is SHINING! LOL

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-25-15 03:33 PM
    ^This is the part I never understood. What brings someone here that has little to no care about BlackBerry?

You won't catch me on iMore that's for certain.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    01-25-15 03:42 PM
    I think a healthy disagreement is good for this forum, not just for the entertainment value, but because constant self praise and blind applause of BlackBerry is detrimental to any investment-minded decision making. Please continue...at the moment the entertainment value is better than Netflix.

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB, Mr BBRY, awindsr and 3 others like this.
    01-25-15 04:08 PM
    Some people that are coming here are coming here to pick a fight to hijack the threads. It's think probably best not to respond. If you make your own comments based on what you believe, what they're doing will only stick out more.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    01-25-15 04:13 PM
    [WARN]It's not often I venture into this thread, mainly because I know there's a ton of arguing that goes on in here and for the most part, it's a two way street. That said, I've been getting a ton of reports from this thread as of late and I would like to (at this time) kindly remind everyone that the title of the thread is 'I support BBRY and I buy shares!' and you are on CrackBerry.

If you're just here to argue, troll, antagonize and not actively add anything valuable to the conversation in a constructive manner then you should probably just exit stage left while you have the chance to do so willingly because if the reports continue, I won't be so kind next time and you'll just be banned. Unlike the mod team, I don't issue infractions. I just delete your crap, wipe your posts and move on. This will be the only warning I issue. Don't be surprised if some accounts go missing and your login no longer works.
    [/WARN]
    bungaboy, thurask, Corbu and 41 others like this.
    01-25-15 04:17 PM
    [WARN]It's not often I venture into this thread, mainly because I know there's a ton of arguing that goes on in here and for the most part, it's a two way street. That said, I've been getting a ton of reports from this thread as of late and I would like to (at this time) kindly remind everyone that the title of the thread is 'I support BBRY and I buy shares!' and you are on CrackBerry.

If you're just here to argue, troll, antagonize and not actively add anything valuable to the conversation in a constructive manner then you should probably just exit stage left while you have the chance to do so willingly because if the reports continue, I won't be so kind next time and you'll just be banned. Unlike the mod team, I don't issue infractions. I just delete your crap, wipe your posts and move on. This will be the only warning I issue. Don't be surprised if some accounts go missing and your login no longer works.
    [/WARN]
    Bla1ze bringing out the big guns lol

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    01-25-15 04:23 PM
    01-25-15 04:31 PM
    I I

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 05:00 PM
    I I

Posted via CB10
    The ayes have it! LoL
    sidhuk and Corbu like this.
    01-25-15 05:16 PM
    So he comes out guns 'Bla1zeing'?

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, bungaboy, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    01-25-15 05:44 PM
    So he comes out guns 'bla1ezing'?

Posted via CB10
    I see what you did there.......

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    01-25-15 05:46 PM
    Thank you Bla1ze. Don't be a stranger.

bungaboy, rarsen, W Hoa and 4 others like this.
    01-25-15 05:54 PM
    BB10 4 ME
    01-25-15 06:10 PM
    Slightly OT... but maybe not!
    Samsung?s $63 Billion Cash Pile Augurs Tech Takeovers - Businessweek

Whether or not Samsung Electronics Co. (005930) has BlackBerry Ltd. (BBRY:US) in its sights, it should spend some of its $63 billion of cash on takeovers.

Samsung, which has an alliance with BlackBerry, this month denied reports it proposed buying the Canadian smartphone maker for as much as $7.5 billion. Even so, a takeover would give Samsung the software to help its products communicate, according to Current Analysis Inc.

The $190 billion South Korean conglomerate makes dozens of consumer goods, from phones and televisions to vacuum cleaners and ovens. What it needs is technology to link all the devices together online in the wireless homes of the future. Other potential targets include Atmel Corp. (ATML:US) and Freescale Semiconductor Ltd. (FSL:US), whose chips help devices talk to each other, said CM Research Ltd.

“Samsung is a hardware company caught up in a software revolution,” said Cyrus Mewawalla, managing director at London-based CM Research. “So it needs to make acquisitions.”

The goal is to profit from what’s known as the Internet of Things, a world where everyday items, from toasters and washing machines to phones and printers, are sewn together online and controlled by devices. The market for the Internet of Things could reach $7.1 trillion by 2020, research firm IDC has said.

“There are many areas in Internet of Things,” from sensor technology to components, Samsung said in an e-mailed statement. “Samsung regards M&A as one of our key business strategies, in conjunction with organic growth, and we continue to remain open to partnership and acquisition opportunities.”

Not Enough

The Suwon-based company in August bought SmartThings, a startup that makes mobile applications to remotely control household goods. And the previous year, Samsung bought Novaled AG, a German maker of material to light up a gadget’s screen, and MOVL, which has developed a service that allows users to share content between devices such as phones and TVs.

Those deals don’t go far enough, said Neil Shah, research director for devices and ecosystems at Counterpoint Research.

“Samsung has the vision of how the connected future will be, but still lacks the expertise and capabilities to tie all the assets together,” Shah, who is based in Mumbai, said in an e-mail.

Competitive Pressure

Samsung said in November 2013 it would be more aggressive in pursuing targets after spending only $1 billion on takeovers in three years. The earnings power from its Galaxy smartphone lineup is fading and Apple Inc. and Xiaomi Corp. are gaining ground. Samsung’s own Tizen software platform has struggled to gain traction.

“In the near term, it’s hard to see the pressure coming off them from Xiaomi and all the others,” said Dan Baker, an analyst at Morningstar Inc. in Hong Kong. “Samsung at the moment doesn’t really have a software advantage.”

BlackBerry could “potentially be a great acquisition,” Shah at Counterpoint Research said. BlackBerry has messaging software that could be rolled out to connect a chain of Samsung products, and a software program that manages different devices at once. BlackBerry’s QNX automotive software, which enables drivers to make hands-free calls, sports three-dimensional navigation and 3-D gaming for rear seats, is also a draw, he said.

Samsung co-Chief Executive Officer Shin Jong Kyun said this month he wanted to develop the two companies’ alliance, rather than pursue an outright purchase of BlackBerry. Both denied a Reuters report that Samsung had made a takeover offer.

Chip Push

While Samsung is the world’s second-largest semiconductor maker, it still could make acquisitions in this area to boost its capabilities.

Last week, people with knowledge of the matter said Samsung will use its own chips in the next Galaxy S smartphone and drop a Qualcomm Inc. unit. That’s a sign Samsung wants more control of the processors in its products, Morningstar’s Baker said. San Jose, California-based Atmel, which has a market value of $3.5 billion, and the $7.9 billion Freescale, are both feasible chipmaking targets for Samsung, he said.

Atmel is among chipmakers focusing on the Internet of Things, developing technologies that help machines talk to each other and building wireless-radio capabilities. Atmel’s chips power washing machines and cookers as well as car doors and windows. Freescale’s semiconductors are used in everything from space hardware to household goods.

A representative for Atmel declined to comment on whether it’s been approached by buyers or has explored a sale. A representative for Austin, Texas-based Freescale didn’t respond to a phone call or e-mail seeking comment.

European Targets

Other targets that Samsung might consider: Opera Software ASA (OPERA), a Norwegian maker of Internet browsers for phones, tablets and computers, which has a market value of $1.9 billion; and closely held AlertMe Ltd., a U.K. company that has developed technology to control dozens of devices from different manufacturers on a single network, according to Mewawalla at CM Research.

Sensor makers would also make sense as targets, said Park Hyun Je, a creative planner at a research and development center under the South Korea’s science ministry.

Still Early

For companies attempting to profit from the Internet of Things, it’s tough to pick the right targets because the concept is in its infancy, said Avi Greengart, research director for consumer devices at Sterling, Virginia-based Current Analysis.

“It’s not clear which layer of the technology stack will provide the most value and control,” Greengart said in an e-mail. “Any investment, whether homegrown or via acquisition, may lead to dead ends.”

Samsung is willing to spend. The company this month said it will invest more than $100 million in developers of smart technology for homes and devices. Samsung Ventures, a venture capital firm, led a $20 million funding round for Israel’s EarlySense Ltd., the companies said in a Jan. 20 statement.

All the same, takeovers might be the fastest way for Samsung to prepare for the explosion of connected devices that’s expected this decade.

When it comes to software, Samsung “looks far behind its competitors,” said Mewawalla at CM Research.
    Edit:
    Forgot to mention, FWIW, that one of the reporters of this story is based in Seoul while the other is based in Sydney. This may give it a bit more credibility. Food for thought.
    Last edited by Corbu; 01-26-15 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Added note on authors of this story. Thanks!
    01-25-15 06:12 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yes .. Really like the synergies between BlackBerry and Samsung ... Great win-win ..could be an interesting week ahead !
    long BBRY!

From my awesome Passport
    tokyo
    sidhuk, bungaboy, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    01-25-15 06:25 PM
    http://www.uniongazette.com/entertai...on-h14732.html

For many years, BlackBerry phones� signature keyboard � a pragmatic, if unfashionable distinction to the modern touch screens of iPhones and buyer designs � was a common attribute amongst stalwart clients at companies and federal organizations. At its peak in 2009, BlackBerry�s telephones accounted for about 20 percent of the smartphone marketplace, in accordance to the analysis group International Facts Corp.

Considering that then, amid levels of competition from client-targeted suppliers such as Apple and Samsung, and increasingly widespread �bring your own device� procedures permitting workers to obtain function correspondence from their private phones, the Ontario company�s industry share has steadily declined.

In 2014, BlackBerry�s industry share plummeted to about .5 percent. Samsung led with 23.7 percent, followed by Apple with eleven.7 percent, according to IDC. To compensate for slipping components product sales, BlackBerry has redirected its emphasis from the gadgets on their own to computer software and solutions, which includes these aimed at federal buyers.

The new purpose, BlackBerry�s Main Operating Officer Marty Beard explained in an job interview, is to �innovate all-around the reality� of smartphone buyers who favor non-BlackBerry telephones. �There�s a notion in the sector . . . that we only guidance BlackBerry units,� Beard claimed, but pointed out, �our program small business has absent entirely multi-[operating procedure].�

Even with shrinking earnings, in the previous couple months the business has declared various new apps that operate on the Android, iOS and Windows operating methods � its popular messaging system BBM, or BlackBerry Balance, an application that separates function content material from private information, for occasion. BlackBerry Business Server is made to control 1000's of employees, their gadgets and their apps in a person procedure.

At the Global CES expo in Las Vegas previously this thirty day period, BlackBerry unveiled a new �Internet of Things� platform, created to collect data from a variety of trackable objects, this sort of as automotive fleets. It also introduced programs to make its messaging method offered on Android-centered �smartwatches.�

BlackBerry also declared a partnership with IT business Nanthealth to develop a portable hub made to acquire facts transmitted between clients, doctors and hospitals.

BlackBerry�s contracts with the federal government also replicate this new emphasis on computer software, according to Matt Hummer, director of analytics for governing administration exploration analytics services Govini.

In accordance to Govini, which tracks community data of federal contracts, BlackBerry�s contracts for new equipment have leveled, while software contracts have developed. In 2011, BlackBerry�s federal contracts peaked at additional than $90 million � in 2014, they have shrunk to about $40 million. (BlackBerry does not share economic figures about general public vs. personal buyers.) This shift is thanks in element to provide-your-personal-machine procedures at the department degree, Hummer mentioned � even the Defense Office has authorized BlackBerry�s protected software for iOS and Android equipment.

In common, Hummer explained, �as companies loosen up their coverage all around kind of system that can be made use of . . . the professional and public trending of buys of smartphones would a lot more align with the government�s.�

As of November, hardware sales constituted about 46 percent of revenue, and BlackBerry�s profits and hardware revenue have been declining sequentially. For the quarter ended Nov. 29, the firm claimed income of $793 million, down from $916 million the former quarter and $966 million the quarter ahead of that. In the quarter finished Nov. 29, the firm bought one.9 million smartphones, down from 2.4 million in the next quarter and 2.6 million in the initially quarter. (BlackBerry lately denied rumors that it had engaged in conversations with Samsung to acquire the company.)

�The enterprise evidently in changeover from getting a previous smartphone chief to now transforming a small business to sell a choose number of or a decide on handful of smartphones to organization governing administration customers,� Morningstar analyst Brian Colello claimed. �Typically the business enterprise product was the reverse � ordinarily BlackBerry would give CIOs computer software for absolutely free to allow them to deal with the handsets� they promote to buyers.

Irrespective of a few new components bulletins, these types of as the BlackBerry Passport, a contact-display smartphone with a keyboard produced in September or the BlackBerry Traditional, an update to the iconic telephone with more screen room � �it�s distinct BlackBerry is not heading to re-arise as a cellular phone that has twenty, 25 percent of current market share of the complete smartphone room,� Colello explained.

Rather, he mentioned, BlackBerry�s method has been to �retain the most faithful customers they have� � producing it a lot easier for staff and companies to access the platform, even if they�ve moved on to newer devices.

Beard is not ready to give up that uncomplicated: The target on application and expert services could crank out extra curiosity in components, he insists.

�It has a halo influence on the BlackBerry facet,� he said. �As extra people obtain the computer software, they acquire more handsets.�

Posted via CB10
    Alvin Loh and laketrout73 like this.
    01-25-15 07:25 PM
    WOW! I missed a lot this weekend. Wrong time to be busy.
    Great job folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm looking forward to this week and the stock price of Blackberry. Some people have stepped up their anti Blackberry propaganda.
    Sid and the gang here is an electronic beer for everyone to drink.
    01-25-15 09:06 PM
    I'm looking forward to this week as well, and remember last shorter out looses the the most money.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    01-25-15 10:18 PM
    Would like to heard what people think of Greece...I think the new guv with default and go out of the eurozone. Will this fear hit markets big starting tomorrow?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-25-15 10:38 PM
    Wait a minute. What about the "Pearls befoe Swine" syndication. I mean BlackBerry is important but you gotta prioritize.!!!!!

Posted with my flash Passport
    01-25-15 11:13 PM
    Would like to heard what people think of Greece...I think the new guv with default and go out of the eurozone. Will this fear hit markets big starting tomorrow?

Posted via CB10
    Whether Greece defaults or not I believe there are a lot of calls from the citizens of many nations to dump the whole Euro zone idea. Many countries and their economies have suffered, the benefits of the Eurozone and the Euro currency has not materialized for some nations and with the recent acts in Paris the fault of having open borders has been highlighted and many people this is also threatening their own cultures. The fear is that the only treasures that some nations such as Italy have left is their tourism, which is totally based on their history and culture and they fear this will disappear within their lifetime if the open border Euro zone continues under the existing rules. I personally do not believe that the Eurozone will continue as we now see it beyond the next 5-7 years even if there are no debt crisis such as in Greece.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-25-15 11:19 PM
    This is very well said. Thanks for this Corbu.

It is also not OT in the least, considering what is going on, and how it stands to gain BlackBerry and our stock.

Nice to also get through that rough spot; nuff' said.

PS - My Passport is at 2% battery while I post this.
    Whew! Time to charge. Great hardware.
    CDM76, bungaboy, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    01-26-15 01:14 AM
    Whether Greece defaults or not I believe there are a lot of calls from the citizens of many nations to dump the whole Euro zone idea. Many countries and their economies have suffered, the benefits of the Eurozone and the Euro currency has not materialized for some nations and with the recent acts in Paris the fault of having open borders has been highlighted and many people this is also threatening their own cultures. The fear is that the only treasures that some nations such as Italy have left is their tourism, which is totally based on their history and culture and they fear this will disappear within their lifetime if the open border Euro zone continues under the existing rules. I personally do not believe that the Eurozone will continue as we now see it beyond the next 5-7 years even if there are no debt crisis such as in Greece.

Posted via CB10
    This is way off topic, and factually incorrect. The killers in Paris were of Algerian origin, and the Eurozone stuff had nothing to do with it. We could perhaps argue that France's brutal colonial history in North Africa contributed, but as that has nothing to do with BB, let's not. I happen to be against the Eurozone, but I haven't got much time for this not-so-subtle xenophobia that has come into fashion.

Posted via CB10
    iamagod likes this.
    01-26-15 04:10 AM
113,256 ... 31603161316231633164 ...