View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't think satellite providers actually enjoy people stealing their service.

You're asking why Netflix didn't allow BB to make their app. Would those users then call BB if something is wrong? A bad user experience ultimately reflects poorly on Netflix. So the answer from netflix is to kindly use their service on your iPad or android or PS4 or laptop, etc. Then Netflix can fully stand behind the experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I don't know about that. Blackberry has made the Facebook app since day one. Not to mention salesforce, One Drive, etc

How much do you think these companies have been inconvenienced? There is more to it than economics

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 01:10 PM
    If BB sold 8 million devices that were connected to TVs in living rooms, you can be certain Netflix would make an app for it. Mobile is a retention issue for Netflix, but the living room is and always has been their long term goal.

well i agree with you when it comes to TV connected devices. i am not sure if every ios or android phone is connected with TV. I am also not sure why instagram would also ban BB10 access?
    i am liking the fact that you are playing devils advocate. the idea is to have as much access as one can to so that more and more people can have can enjoy their favorite services regardless of the device they buy.
    Blackberry has offered to work for these companies at their own cost. if i really want to make something tough for some one, i can come up with million excuses unless the argument ends up in a court and in front of a judge and thats where the buck stops. as it did for Microsoft for internet browser.
    01-25-15 01:12 PM
    Agree 100%. I've gotten into a "discussion " with a mod because I called another forum member an *****. He Was straight out trying to entice a argument and lying even when shown proof to contrary by other members. So because I insulted him I got an infraction but he was allowed to keep going. I know being a mod isn't easy but it's a little lacking on this "fan" site (didn't Kevin say a couple years ago that he wanted CB to be the "#1 BlackBerry Fan Site" ?

Posted via CB10
    Yah some of these posters are really good at being extremely aggressive and at the same time trying to play the victim.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    01-25-15 01:12 PM
    I would flip that question around. The real question is how do you know BB users would have a good Netflix experience, equal to that on other platforms? That's the question Netflix should be asking. Look at how poor BB's Facebook experience is compared to the real app.

LOL, i have used Facebook app on bb10. i never had any issue with it . may be i wasn't using it properly.
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    01-25-15 01:14 PM
    I don't think satellite providers actually enjoy people stealing their service.

You're asking why Netflix didn't allow BB to make their app. Would those users then call BB if something is wrong? How much do you really trust BB to make fixes and get those fixes out to users? If I were Netflix and wanted to make an app, I would make it myself and have control over it. Others may disagree, but apparently Netflix feels like I do on this. (At least that is true for the few people I know there)

A bad user experience ultimately reflects poorly on Netflix. So the answer from netflix is to kindly use their service on your iPad or android or PS4 or laptop, etc. Then Netflix can fully stand behind the experience.

You're not getting it app developer. The same app can be ported as-is. The Apk that Netflix deploys to Playstore and Amazon can be deployed to BlackBerry World as is.

There were many devs that even ported native Android games to BlackBerry in under a day using the same SDL, opengl, C libraries. Netflix is using Android runtime. There isn't even one compiler directive to worry about. Just a few xml entries that is packaged with the Blackberry application. 5 minutes of effort.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, La Emperor, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    01-25-15 01:14 PM
    You're not getting it app developer. The same app can be ported as-is. The Apk that Netflix deploys to Playstore and Amazon can be deployed to BlackBerry World as is.

There were many devs that even ported native Android games to BlackBerry in under a day using the same SDL, opengl, C libraries. Netflix is using Android runtime. There isn't even one compiler directive to worry about. Just a few xml entries that is packaged with the Blackberry application. 5 minutes of effort.

Posted via CB10
    And then who supports the app after this glorious 5 minutes?

01-25-15 01:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    and for the record, the Netflix app works just great on my passport. passport running BB10. App-developer doesn't wanna get it IMO.
    01-25-15 01:21 PM
    LOL, i have used Facebook app on bb10. i never had any issue with it . may be i wasn't using it properly.
    Have you compared it side by side with their current iOS app?

01-25-15 01:21 PM
    Have you compared it side by side with their current iOS app?

I think, i should just stop here and go back to my normal life chores. LOL. cause now we are getting in to a whole new which is better argument. nice talking to you App-developer. Have a wonderful day.
    Andy_bb_king and CDM76 like this.
    01-25-15 01:25 PM
    The number 1 reason Netflix doesn't share their API's is mainly because they'd lose all their programming. None of the content owners would allow Netflix to stream media to apps that aren't reasonably guaranteed to enforce the DRM. And I'm relatively confident that Netflix is probably contractually obligated to do so.
    01-25-15 01:29 PM
    The number 1 reason Netflix doesn't share their API's is mainly because they'd lose all their programming. None of the content owners would allow Netflix to stream media to apps that aren't reasonably guaranteed to enforce the DRM. And I'm relatively confident that Netflix is probably contractually obligated to do so.
    You may or might have a valid argument. But knowing your hate of blackberry, makes me bios and suspicious of your postings on this thread. Therefore, the moment I see your post, I usually skip.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    01-25-15 01:33 PM
    You may or might have a valid argument. But knowing your hate of blackberry, makes me bios and suspicious of your postings on this thread. Therefore, the moment I see your post, I usually skip.

No kidding. This guy is nothing but sour grapes. LOL

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-25-15 01:34 PM
    I don't hate Blackberry at all. Far from it. Never have. You'd be hard pressed to see me at any time say otherwise. But hey... if you're going to discount a valid point just because you don't care to read my posts... well then you're just perpetuating a fanboy stereotype.
    01-25-15 01:38 PM
    I don't hate Blackberry at all. Far from it. Never have. You'd be hard pressed to see me at any time say otherwise. But hey... if you're going to discount a valid point just because you don't care to read my posts... well then you're just perpetuating a fanboy stereotype.
    Your on the wrong thread !
    01-25-15 01:43 PM
    I understand this is supposed to be the "all cheerleading, all the time" thread, but someone brought up Chen's neutrality comments in this thread. Someone then specifically referred to me, since I am responsible for a mobile applications budget and make the platform decisions for our company, including our decision to wait and see on BB10. I responded to that reference, and several of us are continuing a discussion about Chen's latest comments.

I don't know how a conversation can be called a discussion if no one is allowed to disagree with Chen or agree with Netflix.

dikkr and randall2580 like this.
    01-25-15 01:51 PM
    And then who supports the app after this glorious 5 minutes?

The same people who support the Google and Amazon APK!

Edit: It's the same runtime for everyone. It is open source and Google vendors, Amazon, Blackberry are using the same code to run the APK.

Edit2: You're are mixing up platforms. Netflix on a Smart TV VS. Netflix on Roku VS. Netflix on APK are considerable efforts. Here you would have a point.

But if a Samsung TV and Panasonic TV had the same smart TV software and Netflix bundled their software with Samsung but refused Panasonic, this is our point. Why??

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by theRock1975; 01-25-15 at 02:04 PM.
    3MIKE, sidhuk, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    01-25-15 01:53 PM
    As per Instagram. I spoke to Kris about that and he told me his sources were certain as was he, the app was in development before disappearing. This was at the time BlackBerry had the 'strategic alternatives' aka 'for sale' sign up.

Behind closed doors, who knows what was brewing at the time of BB10 launching and so forth. Remember Kevin's infamous 'Instagram for BlackBerry 10' is coming, he was sure of it.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    01-25-15 01:53 PM
    As per Instagram. I spoke to Kris about that and he told me his sources were certain as was he, the app was in development before disappearing. This was at the time BlackBerry had the 'strategic alternatives' aka 'for sale' sign up.

Behind closed doors, who knows what was brewing at the time of BB10 launching and so forth. Remember Kevin's infamous 'Instagram for BlackBerry 10' is coming, he was sure of it.

Posted via CB10
    I can believe that. I went to one of the first BB10 Jams and we talked to Alec about bringing our app to BB10 also. A new platform is always exciting, and there was a lot of interest in it back then. Then a bunch of bad things happened.

I think if BB can start growing again, there could be interest in the future. If BB had a device in living rooms, I would bet Netflix would support it.

01-25-15 02:02 PM
    I understand this is supposed to be the "all cheerleading, all the time" thread, but someone brought up Chen's neutrality comments in this thread. Someone then specifically referred to me, since I am responsible for a mobile applications budget and make the platform decisions for our company, including our decision to wait and see on BB10. I responded to that reference, and several of us are continuing a discussion about Chen's latest comments.

I don't know how a conversation can be called a discussion if no one is allowed to disagree with Chen or agree with Netflix.

This is not an all the time cheer leading thread and it's not about apps there's one for that or start one. Or go and post in the Net Neutrality thread as you did before and if someone wants to respond they'll do it there .
    01-25-15 02:06 PM

Yeah definitely one of the people I chose to skip.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-25-15 02:09 PM
    What're you saying? That those who are critical of Netflix not opening their API are welcome to post their opinion, because it somehow purportedly favors BB... Yet a reasonable comment to the contrary is taboo?

Penned via Tapatalk
    01-25-15 02:17 PM
    Roku sold about 8 million devices between 2008 and 2013. BB10 is doing much better based on those sales. i dont think that every one who bought Roku has netflix subscription? there are many other examples that i can see just do not make this argument valid that BB10 is irrelevant.
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2460778,00.asp
    Yaj. My Western Digital media hub has Netflix that we use. The appl has been updated once since I bught it almost 2 yrs ago. Nothing like the version I use on my PP which is many versions behind as well.

Not sure what side of the arguement this falls on. Except they really Don't seem to mind the out of date app on the WD. Also the app on my other WD players' not hubs. No hard drive. Have an up to date app. Go figure

Posted with my flash Passport
    sidhuk and StormieTwo like this.
    01-25-15 02:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Believe me "app developer" gets it but sometimes people with vested interests will only point out the vested part of the argument.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, theRock1975 and bungaboy like this.
    01-25-15 02:29 PM
    all the negativity over here all of a sudden, all the off topic posts , just says to me that the shorts must be getting desperate . Truth is it makes me happy. To the investor's, heads up, keep strong, money is coming our way.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 02:29 PM
    all the negativity over here all of a sudden, all the off topic posts , just says to me that the shorts must be getting desperate . Truth is it makes me happy. To the investor's, heads up, keep strong, money is coming our way.

Posted via CB10
    not only that, plus they are forcing you to read their posts not to mention that getting so upset and name calling, if you dont read it. so apple like mentality. even though they all have android or apple devices but yet, they have to be on CB.
    01-25-15 02:38 PM
113,256 ... 31593160316131623163 ...