Where did he say that?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy and gilmanhlee like this.
    01-24-15 05:37 PM
    http://www.theinsiderreview.com/tech...swap-h370.html

Causes to Make the Swap

Apple's iPhone six is a snazzy smartphone, but it really is not for everyone. For many, specifically in the enterprise, a BlackBerry Passport could be a much better and extra comfy user option. Right here are 5 reasons why organization users may want to grab the Passport and leave the iPhone 6.
    (Photo : Apple / Blackberry | Tech Instances)

BlackBerry Passport's arrival late in 2014 came with one of the most aggressive incentives by a handset maker: $550 to new customers willing to defect from Apple iPhone six to BlackBerry, with the user incentive deadline arriving Feb. 13.

The marketing play comes as BlackBerry strives to regain its footing as a smartphone player in the enterprise and consumer segments and aims to push back against the iPhone's enterprise infiltration, which is happening mainly with the bring-your-own-device trend.

So with just 1 month left for the trade-in give, Tech Times examines some reasons iPhone 6 customers may well want to switch off for the BlackBerry Passport and make a tiny money in the procedure.

1. A Physical Keyboard

1 of the big function differences in between these two smartphones is the keyboard. Apple has perfected the iPhone touch strategy. But BlackBerry extended ago perfected the physical keyboard. Ask any 'CrackBerry' fanatic and they'll inform you there's no beating BlackBerry's keyboard accuracy, even though it can wreak havoc on the thumbs.

two. Internal Specs

The BlackBerry Passport presents 3 GB of RAM compared with the iPhone's 1 GB, a 2.2-GHz processor compared with the iPhone's 1.4 GHz, and items like wireless charging, so when it comes to internal specs the Passport shines a bit brighter.

three. Expandable Storage

Expandable storage is a function in the Passport that can not examine with a 128-GB iPhone. But to be fair, that's for the reason that Apple has by no means included a storage card slot in any of its smartphones. The iPhone six comes with 16-GB, 64-GB or 128-GB storage options.

The microSD card slot on the*Passport*is a nice element for smartphone users who worth expandable storage or who do not want to fork out the cash for an iPhone with 128 GB of storage.*In this case, BlackBerry does the sensible point*in continuing its card storage as the Passport maxes out at 32 GB of storage,*which is not superior for those who have a lot of digital files and lots of apps.

four. Photography

Even though Apple smartphones are identified for boasting sophisticated cameras, BlackBerry is playing a bit of catch-up and it takes a major step forward with Passport. The13-MP camera with optical image stabilization and an LED flash is the most sophisticated BlackBerry camera however.

five. Software program

There is no denying that the very best apps and the most apps fall in favor of the iPhone 6 and that BlackBerry is behind -- well, way behind -- what Apple's carried out with mobile computer software. But it is clearly focused on generating up for the weakness and not too long ago added support for the App Retailer, which suggests BlackBerry Passport users now have uncomplicated access to the growing number of Android apps getting a residence on Apple's on line app storefront.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 06:01 PM

The only disadvantage I see is helping another competitor in the device business which could end up biting them in the *** later. However BlackBerry's market share has fallen so low, that I doubt Samsung views them as a real threat to their hardware business. ‎So I guess the question becomes, why wouldn't they want a minority interest, and a couple of seats on the board? ‎‎‎
    Because they feel that with their help, BlackBerry could be very profitable, earning them lots of coin. Say they end up with a 30% share in the company, currently worth about 1.5billion. If the share price quadruples to $45, they make $5billion. Not too shabby..!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 06:37 PM
    HSB.

Those are really good points and introspective. Thanks for the post!

Posted by the indomitable Zed Thirty.
    01-24-15 06:49 PM
    I get such a kick out of the hater/negative "neutrality " headlines. Must admit I'm a bit disappointed some here fell for the click bait half truth facts BS...and thought appropriate to post with a snide tone.

In the end BlackBerry is doing ALLOT of positive things! Also, have the snarky naysayers ever once looked past their own egos to consider that maybe...just maybe what Chen said (in context) wouldn't be better for everyone?

Something to think about.

Classically Posted.
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 16 others like this.
    01-24-15 06:55 PM
    I get such a kick out of the hater/negative "neutrality " headlines. Must admit I'm a bit disappointed some here fell for the click bait half truth facts BS...and thought appropriate to post with a snide tone.

In the end BlackBerry is doing ALLOT of positive things! Also, have the snarky naysayers ever once looked past their own egos to consider that maybe...just maybe what Chen said (in context) wouldn't be better for everyone?

Classically Posted.
    Easy Shane your making way too much sense bro. Lots of *ossers come and go on this thread just to cause trouble. Sitting at Seatac waiting for the last leg home and winter...lol.

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    01-25-15 12:17 AM

Classically Posted.
    I read almost the entire thread and you, DaSchwantz and Soto had your hands full over there. These naysayers really have a one track mind and don't want to understand.

I think you guys did great !!

I don't comment to much cause I'm not that fluent in English but I'm practicing !
    01-25-15 12:47 AM

Classically Posted.
    I didn't bother reading any of that tread. I just had to look who were making most of the posts and I knew it wasn't worth the effort. Same group of people who pretty much control the negative tone all over this site.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 01:15 AM
    I didn't bother reading any of that tread. I just had to look who were making most of the posts and I knew it wasn't worth the effort. Same group of people who pretty much control the negative tone all over this site.

Posted via CB10
    Precisely!
    01-25-15 06:22 AM
    ‎Samsung must be taking a minority interest into BlackBerry. ‎*

Sherlock Holmes said when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. All the evidence points to that direction. I can't think of anything that contradicts that statement.*

‎For example BlackBerry reported they would have a joint presentation with Samsung at CES where they would go into more detail regarding their partnership. They never ended up having one. There is only a few reasons why they wouldn't follow through, as we can all agree Chen has a reputation of doing what he says. ‎*

‎‎‎
    BlackBerry and Samsung did have a joint presentation at CES.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal and CDM76 like this.
    01-25-15 08:20 AM
    Converted another co worker to blackberry. Hell be buying his online in the next week. " that's a blackberry??? Well hell it looks better than this samsung and fits in my hand better too! Where can I get one?" no joke exactly what he said.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    01-25-15 09:35 AM
    My girlfriend spontaneously said last night, "I think you're converting me to BlackBerry." She has an older iPhone currently.

Now she wants to use my Z30 for a "test" while I use the Q10. Just scared I won't get the Z30 back!!!!

It's going slowly, but people are definitely thinking about BlackBerry. Hopefully sales follow soon.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 09:40 AM
    My girlfriend spontaneously said last night, "I think you're converting me to BlackBerry." She has an older iPhone currently.

Now she wants to use my Z30 for a "test" while I use the Q10. Just scared I won't get the Z30 back!!!!

It's going slowly, but people are definitely thinking about BlackBerry. Hopefully sales follow soon.

Posted via CB10
    My eldest sister is testing one of my spare Z30's. She's had an iPhone 4 for about 4 years. My youngest sister, I gave my Z10 to about 8 months ago and she can't live without it now.

Whilst giving it to her, I thought of it as an experiment: to put a BlackBerry 10 device into the hands of a teenager. She tells me her friends are always asking what type of phone she has and how's she able to listen/watch YouTube whilst performing other tasks on her phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 10:12 AM
    Converted another co worker to blackberry. Hell be buying his online in the next week. " that's a blackberry??? Well hell it looks better than this samsung and fits in my hand better too! Where can I get one?" no joke exactly what he said.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    On recent trip to the USA, some knew that it was blackberry passport, some were like," holly frick, is that a blackberry?". All I heard was praised about blackberry which are very promising. Now getting the phone available to the public is another story. I for one, still think that all the carriers had/have purposely ganged up on BlackBerry. So did the companies like netflix, hullu etc. People have BS argument that why would these companies spend their money on developing for BlackBerry because they don't have market share?
    Blackberry will develop apps for netflix etc on their own cost but these companies refuse to let them in.
    I believe there are paid BlackBerry bashers on this site who have a job to bad mouth BlackBerry no matter what.
    Why would some one spend their entire day bashing something or praising something if don't have any interest?
    I for one come here because I believe in this company and I have invested money in BlackBerry. I want this company to succeed.
    Bashers on the other hand come here to speak the "truth" lol. They spend their entire day bashing BlackBerry for months and years, singing songs of BlackBerry death just cause they want to defend the "truth" and they have no "other" interest? Lol
    But yet, BlackBerry refuse to die.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    01-25-15 10:26 AM
    On recent trip to the USA, some knew that it was blackberry passport, some were like," holly frick, is that a blackberry?". All I heard was praised about blackberry which are very promising. Now getting the phone available to the public is another story. I for one, still think that all the carriers had/have purposely ganged up on BlackBerry. So did the companies like netflix, hullu etc. People have BS argument that why would these companies spend their money on developing for BlackBerry because they don't have market share?
    Blackberry will develop apps for netflix etc on their own cost but these companies refuse to let them in.
    I believe there are paid BlackBerry bashers on this site who have a job to bad mouth BlackBerry no matter what.
    Why would some one spend their entire day bashing something or praising something if don't have any interest?
    I for one come here because I believe in this company and I have invested money in BlackBerry. I want this company to succeed.
    Bashers on the other hand come here to speak the "truth" lol. They spend their entire day bashing BlackBerry for months and years, singing songs of BlackBerry death just cause they want to defend the "truth" and they have no "other" interest? Lol

It's like YouTube trolls and trolls in general who live to see another man suffer. BlackBerry was the trend a few years ago and the "edgy" or "haters" were praying for the downfall and that's what they got. It's like if Floyd Mayweather Jr lost a fight, the trolls would never let him or his fans forget it. John Chen could find the cure for cancer but BGR will still insist on talking ****

BlackBerry was beat, the trolls rejoiced and have never stopped celebrating.
    sidhuk, La Emperor, 3MIKE and 9 others like this.
    01-25-15 10:40 AM
    It's like YouTube trolls and trolls in general who live to see another man suffer. BlackBerry was the trend a few years ago and the "edgy" or "haters" were praying for the downfall and that's what they got. It's like if Floyd Mayweather Jr lost a fight, the trolls would never let him or his fans forget it.

BlackBerry was beat, the trolls rejoiced and have never stopped celebrating.
    WOW.
    Ever thought of writhing a book? It is a compliment bro.

Bilaal, La Emperor, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    01-25-15 10:43 AM
    WOW.
    Ever thought of writhing a book? It is a compliment bro.

Ha, not sure if you're serious, but thank you. That was just my two cents on the matter.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    01-25-15 10:49 AM
    Ha, not sure if you're serious, but thank you. That was just my two cents on the matter.

Posted via CB10
    I am serious. That example that you gave was dead on the subject and it covered what I couldn't come up with, in my post about the haters.
    Completely forgot about that part of Internet society.

01-25-15 10:57 AM
    Both Bilal & Sidhuk see and realize the power of social media - not the forums but media (twitter, redit, etc).

I think BlackBerry next play should be featuring the File Manager in full that is native to BB10!

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE and Bilaal like this.
    01-25-15 10:58 AM

I have to agree with you, I think that there's paid BlackBerry bashers on this site. I think they work as a group not only to start negative threads and keep them going, but also to berry a positive thread as quickly as possible, by answering a bunch of unrelated and often nonsensical threads, thus pushing a positive thread out of sight . I think that the only way to combat this is to make a effort to make or post on,or start positive threads as much as possible, wile not taking the bait on the negative Threads , don't post on them. I'm sure it'll only make a dent in their strategy but it may at least shine a light on it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Glenn Biddle; 01-25-15 at 11:16 AM.
    3MIKE, rarsen, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    01-25-15 11:03 AM
    Both Bilal & Sidhuk see and realize the power of social media - not the forums but media (twitter, redit, etc).

I think BlackBerry next play should be featuring the File Manager in full that is native to BB10!

Posted via CB10
    "File manager full that is native to bb10". What do you mean? Sorry I really didn't quiet get it.

awindsr likes this.
    01-25-15 11:06 AM
    As I listen to you guys we could say there's a conspiracy going on. Or some people are feeling the heat of BlackBerry making some gains on somebody's turf and trying to stop it at all cost.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-25-15 11:21 AM
    My opinion is that the consistently negative people in these forms (there are about 2 dozen of them of so) are either a) paid and/or have a hidden agenda or b) are epic freaking losers, that live in their mom's basement. No sane or mature person would bother to make their way to someplace to get a rise out of the faithful, you have to have a few screws loose. I've known a few people that had this type of behavior in other forms, I traced much of it back to the fact they were grossly picked on in their youth and this is how they lashed out....sad really.

Is what it is thou, the powers that be seem content to keep the status quo, some even join in or back up the naysayers. One of the reasons I spend a lot less time in the forms (tend to stay in here)

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    01-25-15 11:34 AM
    I feel the same. But my comment that app_Developer was kind enough to reply to was in regards to Chen's recent app neutrality comment. While most people took Chen's comments to mean every single app developer had to support every single platform out there, I thought Chen's comments were really targeting companies like app_Developer's company.

Chen's argument is basically saying that by picking and choosing to only support iOS and Android with an app, the app developer (not app_Developer the person) is acting discriminatory. Chen is saying the general public should be entitled to an app neutral means of using a company's services. In app_Developer's case, we're talking about a bank. Forcing all users (desktop/tablet/mobile) to use the bank's website treats all users the same, it's app neutral. If one platform can't support the bank's website, then the onus is on the OS developer to up their offering so users of that OS can use the website. But by making apps, the bank is now sending the message that it is giving certain users/customers preferential access. That can be considered discriminatory because in the world of mobile devices/OS's the "app gap" is not only an important issue, it's a deciding issue.

App_Developer's comments about needing to maintain the integrity of their app's security model is entirely valid. No company, BlackBerry included, should be allowed to do an unofficial port and potentially compromise an app's security model. I don't know if his bank's Android app worked on BlackBerry 10 (or any other OS), but let's assume it did. If the ported app worked, the cost of developing a new app would largely be gone. Now the argument is whether it can be made secure enough or not. I believe Chen would argue that the bank is probably large enough (or large enough to have access to resources) to take the effort to review BlackBerry 10's security and if it passes, the app should be ported and BlackBerry 10 should become a supported platform. If BB10 didn't pass the security then it's up to BlackBerry to get the OS to pass the security, and get the app officially ported and supported by the bank. Now, in the event the bank's Android app didn't work on BB10's runtime, should the bank be compelled to make an app for BB10? If the bank is one of the largest in the banking sector (Citibank, BofA, JPM Chase, Wells Fargo, etc.), then why not? They can easily get the resources to support the platform. If the bank is a local Credit Union, also, why not, but its more reasonable to accept that the CU may not have the resources to support BB10.

Chen also mentioned NetFlix....the company who's service is on virtually every electronic gadget out there. Why is BB10 specifically denied, when BlackBerry supposedly went on record and said they'd have engineers on NetFlix's doorstep within 24 hours of them saying ok? Same for Hulu, when at the time, their service worked on the PlayBook's browser, until Hulu blocked access. Those are clear examples of discrimination. You can argue DRM, but it's never been argued that BlackBerry refused to add support for any necessary DRM.

I'm just trying to say, John Chen has a point about app neutrality.
    I've talked to several people at Netflix about this, and the answer is they invest in devices that are normally connected to TVs, and platforms that they believe are growing. BB10 is not a platform that everyone thinks is growing. And BB doesn't have a device that you would normally see connected to a TV all the time.

On the banking side, I'm not quite sure what Chen is asking us to do. If he's asking that we use HTML5 to make our apps, that is sort of pointless since we already have a mobile site that our customers can access. Packaging that same site into an app doesn't make sense for us or our customers.

Instead we make proper native apps with features we can't make in HTML. Are we choosing which platforms we do this for? Of course we are. We also don't have ATMs in every shopping center in every country where we have customers. We choose the locations where we have enough customers to justify the ATM. Similarly, we choose the platforms and devices where we have enough customers to justify the maintenance of a native app.

Again, I'm not quite sure what Chen is asking. If he's saying our user experience on iOS should be no better than what we offer BB10 users, then that makes no sense. More than 75% of our high value customers use iOS. Overall 99% of our customers use either Android or iOS. Why wouldn't we offer the best possible service to the vast majority of our customers where the cost is easily justified on a per user basis?

I think people don't realize that for a top 5 international bank, it costs many tens of millions of dollars every year to publish, maintain, and monitor apps. To add another platform is not a small cost. We can't just hire some kid in a basement to take care of that for us. With so few BB10 users, it would be cheaper for us to just hire private bankers to work with those few users personally and attend to their every needs! (Especially since 83% of our BB10 users are in one country. 56% are in one single metropolitan area!)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    dikkr likes this.
    01-25-15 11:38 AM
    My opinion is that the consistently negative people in these forms (there are about 2 dozen of them of so) are either a) paid and/or have a hidden agenda or b) are epic freaking losers, that live in their mom's basement. No sane or mature person would bother to make their way to someplace to get a rise out of the faithful, you have to have a few screws loose. I've known a few people that had this type of behavior in other forms, I traced much of it back to the fact they were grossly picked on in their youth and this is how they lashed out....sad really.

Is what it is thou, the powers that be seem content to keep the status quo, some even join in or back up the naysayers. One of the reasons I spend a lot less time in the forms (tend to stay in here)

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    So now their going to follow us here like the previous poster

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-25-15 11:44 AM
113,256 ... 31573158315931603161 ...