View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sometimes I think these traders have a sense of humor. Or maybe they have a 'plan'. Share price hits $11.00 on the nose at exactly 11:00 am Let's see what 12:00 brings us
    01-23-15 10:07 AM
    OT

MobileIron, Inc. (NASDAQ:MOBL) announced that it will release its fourth quarter and full year 2014 financial results on Thursday, February 12, 2015 after the close of the market.

lets keep our collective ears open. if MOBL indicates they had a difficult quarter we'll know who is to blame!
    it will also be interesting to see if they give any forward guidance... just saying.
    01-23-15 10:08 AM
    Thanks Morgan!!
    hey oh don't forget to grab a beer!!
    It sounds healthier when called a "Barley Sandwich".
    01-23-15 10:13 AM
    Notice who is missing. No mention of BlackBerry anywhere.

2015 Connected World Awards Finalists Illustrate Depth of the IoT*

Carol Stream, Ill., Jan. 21, 2015 � The implementation of IoT (Internet of Things) innovation seemingly knows no bounds. This can be seen in the variety of applications being used by the 2015 Connected World Awards finalists, including fleet management, mobile testing, PERS, risk management, and wearables, among others. This year�s finalists were announced today by Connected World magazine Editorial Director Peggy Smedley.

The Connected World Awards honor companies that have successfully leveraged IoT/M2M and connected devices to solve a critical pain point within their businesses while demonstrating quantifiable results. Submitting companies detail how they have partnered with solution providers in order to create a successful technological ecosystem.

2015 Connected World Award Finalists
    Airo Wireless
    Apartment Guardian
    AT&T
    Atlantic States
    Berkeley Varitronics Systems
    BUNN
    City of Dayton
    Clow Water Systems
    Davenport Energy
    GTX Corp.
    ISI Technology
    Lifthec
    Naples Generator
    Omadi
    Pinkerton
    Red Hawk Security
    Securus
    SOLARKIOSK
    Tippecanoe School Corporation

The Connected World Awards finalists are determined by analysts, consultants, and professors within the IoT industry. To be selected as a member of the judging panel, one must be working within the IoT/connected-devices arena.

Posted from my PassPort
    awindsr, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    01-23-15 10:19 AM
    So Samsung is accumulating under $11 and the shorts keep trading down a few pennies amongst themselves to keep it under 11 / 11.10 so they don't get crushed?

Eventually they would have to give up and cover. If Samsung is buying then I can't wait to see next week. And this is options Friday usually the shorts push it down. If this closes around 11 or higher today then that is a very positive sign!
    01-23-15 10:25 AM
    $12.00 of course
    Let's see what 12:00 brings us
    01-23-15 10:28 AM
    Notice who is missing. No mention of BlackBerry anywhere.

2015 Connected World Awards Finalists Illustrate Depth of the IoT*

Carol Stream, Ill., Jan. 21, 2015 � The implementation of IoT (Internet of Things) innovation seemingly knows no bounds. This can be seen in the variety of applications being used by the 2015 Connected World Awards finalists, including fleet management, mobile testing, PERS, risk management, and wearables, among others. This year�s finalists were announced today by Connected World magazine Editorial Director Peggy Smedley.

The Connected World Awards honor companies that have successfully leveraged IoT/M2M and connected devices to solve a critical pain point within their businesses while demonstrating quantifiable results. Submitting companies detail how they have partnered with solution providers in order to create a successful technological ecosystem.

2015 Connected World Award Finalists
    Airo Wireless
    Apartment Guardian
    AT&T
    Atlantic States
    Berkeley Varitronics Systems
    BUNN
    City of Dayton
    Clow Water Systems
    Davenport Energy
    GTX Corp.
    ISI Technology
    Lifthec
    Naples Generator
    Omadi
    Pinkerton
    Red Hawk Security
    Securus
    SOLARKIOSK
    Tippecanoe School Corporation

The Connected World Awards finalists are determined by analysts, consultants, and professors within the IoT industry. To be selected as a member of the judging panel, one must be working within the IoT/connected-devices arena.

Posted from my PassPort
    No mention of Samsung to! By the way, who are these companies?

One more thing, why isn't QNX On the list????????????????????????

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 10:34 AM
    No mention of Samsung to! By the way, who are these companies?

One more thing, why isn't QNX On the list????????????????????????
    I'll admit upfront that I didn't read the article (so slashdot of me) but I think these may be companies that used IoT to solve a company problem, not a list of IoT solution providers.
    01-23-15 10:46 AM
    Does anybody else remember a planned joint presentation by BlackBerry and Samsung at CES2015 that never happened?

...If so, doesn't that seem strange now?

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    01-23-15 10:49 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, additional competition among the Wall-Huggers:

Is the Apple Watch's battery going to be a huge let down? | ZDNet

How do you feel about a smartwatch that can only put up with a few hours of usage and needs recharging daily? Worryingly for a watch, it is claimed that the device can only display the clock face for 3 hours per day, which means that for the rest of the time the Apple Watch is going to be showing a blank face. The problem with a daily - or nightly - recharge is that if the owner forgets to recharge it one day, then the next day their prized bauble becomes a wrist-mounted dead screen worthy of ridicule.
    01-23-15 10:55 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

Ok sugar. You can do it now with my blessing. Just stroke the $11 and play around with it; feel the pressure and shorts tension ... yeah, right, you're a sweet devil ...
    [OT Friday game : find the artists hidden bellow !]
    thanks God, it's Friday ... I want fever ... get it on ... turn on the red light (you have to) ... show me the way to the next whisky bar: oh, don't ask why ... you can ring the bell ... do the Monkey, the Mashed Potatoes, Jump back Jack, See you later alligator ... Life is just a game, we're all just the same- don't ya want to play?
    01-23-15 10:56 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, additional competition among the Wall-Huggers:

Is the Apple Watch's battery going to be a huge let down? | ZDNet

How do you feel about a smartwatch that can only put up with a few hours of usage and needs recharging daily? Worryingly for a watch, it is claimed that the device can only display the clock face for 3 hours per day, which means that for the rest of the time the Apple Watch is going to be showing a blank face. The problem with a daily - or nightly - recharge is that if the owner forgets to recharge it one day, then the next day their prized bauble becomes a wrist-mounted dead screen worthy of ridicule.
    Owning the Moto 360 I can speak to this. Sitting under my sleeve most of the time its OK it's off when I am not looking at it - it comes to life when I turn my wrist to look at it pretty quickly. How much on screen time I get every day I'm not sure but I doubt it's more than 3 hours in total. Only 1 time a very late (4am) arrival back to home did I find my watch did not last my entire day (I take it off the charger at 6am).

I am very much a creature of habit. As I go to bed at night I put my phones (I have 2) connected to USB and my watch in the very smartly crafted cradle Moto made for the 360 (it's now my bedside clock). Take them off at the same time in the morning.

I absolutely love the 360 it's great having notifications on my wrist means I am not always on the phone. I think that watch is going to be very successful for Apple as they have had the pleasure of seeing the mistakes others have made to this point to learn from.
    rarsen likes this.
    01-23-15 11:27 AM
    Does anybody else remember a planned joint presentation by BlackBerry and Samsung at CES2015 that never happened?

...If so, doesn't that seem strange now?

Posted via CB10
    That's right I forgot about that. Interesting

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 11:37 AM

Ok sugar. You can do it now with my blessing. Just stroke the $11 and play around with it; feel the pressure and shorts tension ... yeah, right, you're a sweet devil ...
    thanks God, it's Friday ... I want fever ... get it on ... turn on the red light (you have to) ... show me the way to the next whisky bar: oh, don't ask why ... you can ring the bell ... do the Monkey, the Mashed Potatoes, Jump back Jack, See you later alligator ... Life is just a game, we're all just the same- don't ya want to play?

Lol - We don't call this The Nuthouse for no reason.

Go BlackBerry!
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-23-15 11:54 AM
    Morgan,

Thanks once again for your insight. I'm just wondering with all the interest from "other companies" could there be a third player in this deal. Evercore denied that their presentation is for Samsung. Could there be another player then? I know it would complicate matters even more ,but here is where I'm coming at.

A Samsung, Blackberry partnership would be dynamite. But add Amazon into the mix it would be nuclear.

Samsung build the IOT devices.
    Amazon sells it.
    Blackberry manages and secure the devices.

How is that for a partnership?

Anyway, FWIW, I read the other day an article in Seattle Times, before this Evercore came into light. It talked about IOT and how Chen will transform BBRY. It did not say an interview was done in Seattle, but it does not mean it did not happen either. Anyway, we both know two giants in the industry are based there. We already are in good terms with Amazon. With Nadella and Microsoft?

Exciting times and looking forward to how this plays out.
    Wow, we think exactly alike, I also think there could be 3 or 4 more suitors looking at BlackBerry. You have to know that for every possible synergy between companies like Samsung and BB, there are two more companies that don't want to see it happen. BlackBerry is dirt cheap, Apple could come along and own it in 2 days, they need to buy up all the shares in the open market and then step in and make a cash offer for the rest at any price. The average price paid to buy BB aggressively isn't that high. I can see this type of action going on for months. As you well know, BB has amazing assets that can't be duplicated, think 44,000 patents, key board, Duel Sims, the list goes on and then there is their Secusmart, Dod account, Germany, Certicom ........ the list of assets is huge. I think they could roll out Certicom as an IPO in the next few years and raise billions on that alone.

You can quickly see why Chen wants to stay with the present path and not move on, he understands the potential here.
    01-23-15 11:58 AM
    Thanks for your time input Morgan!

#BBFactCheck
    Corbu, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    01-23-15 12:29 PM
    The answers, you lazy gang !

thanks God, it's Friday

I want fever

get it on

turn on the red light (you have to)

show me the way to the next whisky bar: oh, don't ask why

you can ring the bell

do the Monkey, the Mashed Potatoes, Jump back Jack, See you later alligator

Life is just a game, we're all just the same- don't ya want to play?

Allright, weekend times now.
    Enjoy, stay safe and GL to all !
    Cheers

SF says *roar*
    01-23-15 01:28 PM
    Interview with the reporter who insists that Sammy is still talking to BlackBerry, go to time 20:40

the story right after the BB speculation seemed more interesting...

ebay looking to sell their enterprise unit.

hmmm... BB + PayPal...
    01-23-15 01:36 PM
    Superfly !!!

So I see we are starting OT a little earlier today! Nice collection of tunes from the past!!
    01-23-15 01:53 PM
    here is an interesting post about Blackberries Patents and how they might mesh with Samsung's.

BlackBerry Patents may be Lucrative to Samsung - Cantech Letter

BlackBerry’s renewed focus in recent years has been on enterprise technologies, its proprietary messaging service, and business and consumer software and applications.

BlackBerry’s patent portfolio may complement Samsung Electronics’ portfolio well. Samsung’s patenting focus is heavily geared towards devices, with the majority of its patents related to physical hardware – displays, chipsets, antennas, housings, and manufacturing-related technologies relevant to its products. BlackBerry’s extensive patent protection in the above areas may prove lucrative to Samsung, not only for defensive patent protection purposes, but also for further commercialization in information security, enterprise-focused products, and connected devices powered by cloud technology.

#QNXinside
    01-23-15 02:23 PM
    The answers, you lazy gang !

thanks God, it's Friday
    Superfly if you get the chance, the movie Get On Up with Chadwick Boseman playing James Brown is pretty crazy. Have a great weekend all. It's been a prosperous week...as far as BBRY goes.
    01-23-15 02:26 PM
    the story right after the BB speculation seemed more interesting...

ebay looking to sell their enterprise unit.

hmmm... BB + PayPal...
    OT: The enterprise unit and PayPal are two separate things in eBay which are both being considered to be spun off or IPO'd to increase more value for eBay shareholders - Icahn has be involved. PayPal is rumoured to be valued at $40B, therefore I'm not sure how a tie with BB would work.
    01-23-15 02:31 PM
    Is it just coincidence that a Free Trade Agreement between Canada and Korea just went into effect on Jan.1 of this year, just as all this buyout rumors from Samsung started surfacing. I am no expert in these agreements and trying to read them got me a headache but there are sure interesting things regarding telecommunications, etc. stuff in the second link below. The only thing for certain though is with the US being an ally of S.Korea, having a military base there et al, a takeover by Samsung may just get a blessing from Washington.

Happy Weekend All.

Canada-Korea Free Trade Agreement
    morganplus8, Corbu, W Hoa and 15 others like this.
    01-23-15 02:36 PM
    OT: Sun is setting on the shorts. Soon they will be left out in the cold.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150123_163951.jpg
    01-23-15 04:08 PM
    Way too much smoke for there not to be fire this time around..... just saying

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    01-23-15 04:27 PM
113,256 ... 31553156315731583159 ...