View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    One way to look at it is with it being installed in over 50 million automobiles worldwide that's only $4 a car. That actually sounds pretty cheap.

Posted via CB10
    Way more I thought it was (probably the double) ...
    edit: In fact, I'm probably right. These revenues aren't automotive only; you still have to count the power plants, spaceships, broadband routers, etc. where the license fee is not based on # of units (I guess).
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-23-15 at 02:59 AM.
    rarsen, bungaboy, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    01-23-15 02:18 AM
    Evening. Gents. Cant help but peek in from time to time with such a hectic schedule. I am on pins and needles with all this (gossip?) lately.

Anyway, I just wanted to first a casted vote for a parallel thread called 'Morgan's Mind'.

Failing that, let's try to spur our crew chief into launching a stocks podcast with a interlude that discusses everything about Morgan 8's.

All in favor?

)
    hah!
    I also have a BBM Meeting license ... well, I'll have to see how we could arrange that and in particular if we can record this and broadcast it later. Could be some fun here (mean: general about $BBRY )
    But it'll be a bunch of work ... Thanks for the idea though
    Will see ...

Also, about other stocks; remember there's a thread for that : http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...cation-853728/
    rarsen, bungaboy, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    01-23-15 02:22 AM
    That reminds me to look into purchasing a BBM Meetings license.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 04:09 AM
    Hmm, I thought the shorts are actually leaving BlackBerry. The stage for a giant short-squeeze? (yes the s-word LOL)

BlackBerry Ltd Short Interest Grows

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY), A rise of 7,132,604 shares or 6.4% was seen in the short interest of BlackBerry Limited. Even as the interest increased from 111,509,772 shares on December 15,2014 to 118,642,376 shares on December 31,2014, the days to cover came in at 8. The updated interest stood at 24.2% of the stocks floats. The counter has an average daily volume of 14,558,350 shares.
    source: wallstreetpulse.org
    01-23-15 04:23 AM
    Are you in Paris ?

Posted via CB10
    No no...pic from Lewis Hamilton.

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-23-15 05:03 AM
    As this thread seems to focus quite a bit on shorts I thought I'd share a very easy-to-digest recent podcast from NPR Planet Money on shorts for beginners from what they are, visiting a short's office, their strategy, ethics to even what it takes to short a stock on E*Trade. A CEO tracks down a short and things get personal. There is even a clear cut example of market manipulation that apparently is perfectly legal - a guy does independent research on a technology company in China, shorts the stock, and publishes his negative research, taking down the company stock and making a nice profit.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2015/...-short-america
    Last edited by early2bed; 01-23-15 at 07:04 AM.
    01-23-15 05:25 AM
    As this thread seems to focus quite a bit on shorts I thought I'd share a very easy to digest recent podcast from NPR Planet Money on shorts for beginners from what they are, visiting a short's office, their strategy, ethics to even what it takes to short a stock on E*Trade. A CEO tracks down a short and things get personal. There is even a clear cut example of market manipulation that apparently is perfectly legal - a guy does independent research, shorts a stock, and publishes his negative research, taking down the company stock and making a nice profit.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2015/...-short-america
    Entertaining guys. Did you follow them to see how they made out? Interesting they used Citron research...

Classically Posted.
    01-23-15 05:57 AM
    It is very meaningless.. I think the other big issue about app neutrality is how mobile browsers are often blocked from accessing content.. what reason does netflix have for not developing their site to be html5 compliant and device agnostic?
    The only reason is that they've been paid not to.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 06:12 AM
    Does BlackBerry have any poison pill or other anti-takeover provisions? Will it matter or even be applicable?
    The main shareholders are friendly with each other so it's unlikely that a hostile attempt would work. There's also the Canadian government too that can step in, depending who it is, but no I don't think they have any kind of poison pill.

The other thing to note though is whether or not the convertible counts towards the 10% rule. This might be a back door.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73, CDM76, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    01-23-15 06:27 AM
    For those not familiar with Citron Research (or simply forgot) here is a link to their paper on BBRY...tap link within article for entire 110 page thesis: http://www.citronresearch.com/?searc...msearch_widget

(speaks volumes that a short strategist is long BBRY me thinks)

Classically Posted.
    01-23-15 06:47 AM
    The main shareholders are friendly with each other so it's unlikely that a hostile attempt would work. There's also the Canadian government too that can step in, depending who it is, but no I don't think they have any kind of poison pill.

The other thing to note though is whether or not the convertible counts towards the 10% rule. This might be a back door.

Posted via CB10
    Agree. No poison pill but the convertibles create a big problem. The price in these supposed offers would underpay the convertibles by a lot. At current progress in 4 more years the stock price would be up to $18 or more a share and the holders would have been collected 6% a year. The price would have to be somewhere over 20.

Alternately they could be bought out with the cash but that would consume more than half of the cash.

Pretty tough to swallow.

Watsa does essentially control most of these as well as shares beyond Fairfax.

Pretty sure Chen wants a lot more for his options as well.

SP well over 20 would be needed.

The good news for those who are long is that it now seems these rumored prices are not thought to be crazy

So. Sold at 13.41 cdn yesterday. Will use procedes to by back today or Monday. How many more shared will I end up with?

Posted with my flash Passport
    01-23-15 07:22 AM
    Pretty quiet in here this morning.

Is everyone else in a "I don't know what to expect today" state as well?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-23-15 08:14 AM
    Pre-market: 10.90 +0.39 (3.71%)

Its on low volume soo we will see what happens
    01-23-15 08:21 AM
    Pretty good volume pre-market just before open.

2.95%
    01-23-15 08:22 AM
    G

Posted by the indomitable Zed Thirty.
    01-23-15 08:25 AM
    $11.84 pre market high.

Volume last couple mins has been crazy. Wonder if someone knows something....

I smell a halt today.
    01-23-15 08:26 AM
    $11.84 pre market high.

Volume last couple mins has been crazy. Wonder if someone knows something....
    I seen that thats a crazy high
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    01-23-15 08:30 AM
    Lets get this bad boy over 11 then the real rally can start
    01-23-15 08:47 AM
    Update to the Reuters story:

NEW YORK (Reuters) - (Corrects Jan. 14 story, changes to representatives from the companies, from executives in paragraph 3)

Representatives from the two companies, which are working with advisers, met last week to discuss a potential transaction, the source said, asking not to be identified because the conversations are private.
    https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/ex...142817167.html
    Last edited by W Hoa; 01-23-15 at 09:15 AM.
    01-23-15 08:53 AM
    Interview with the reporter who insists that Sammy is still talking to BlackBerry, go to time 20:40

01-23-15 08:53 AM
    Does BlackBerry have any poison pill or other anti-takeover provisions? Will it matter or even be applicable?

BlackBerry doesn't need a poison pill strategy because they have enough shareholders like Prem that will work to see that a takeover can't occur. Without Prem wanting to sell his shares, no one will be able to force a takeover of BB. If someone wanted to buy a major interest in the company, they would have to talk to Chen and he in turn would go to the board of directors to approve of additional seats on the board. I assure you, Chen is in charge of the future of BB along with some help from a coupe of major shareholders.

I see we are up again today, at issue here is just how much stock is now available below $ 11.00/shr, it must be getting very thin and those poor shorts still have to find a way out of this mess. Let's continue up from here shall we?
    Bilaal, randall2580, q649 and 24 others like this.
    01-23-15 09:18 AM
    @M8 sir, bbry went nuts this afternoon in the last hour or two before the bell and a quick retreats shortly after. What do you think what might have caused that and what do you think of tomorrow trading will be like.

#BBFactCheck
    You should look at the trade for the whole 6.5 hours, we saw some solid buying in BBRY until 11:00 AM when the volume had completely dried up at 19 MM shares. You would think that the rumour had run its course by then as we rarely see a second wave of buying but along came the next wave and it lasted for the balance of the day. How is it possible that we could pause for as much as 2 hours and then see solid buying again? So I think there is a major buyer in there, they sat on the bid and took up stock all afternoon. We then took a dip when it was reported that there was no official research done for a major player by Evercore, that prompted the dip but it only fell back to support at the 50-dma so you have to ask yourself why we didn't give up our enitre gains on that news. There is clearly something more to this story.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride all of the stock is clearing under $ 11.00 and you can watch it happen.
    01-23-15 09:25 AM
    Ot

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b77ad-bigaao_oe.jpg

bb10 4 me
    01-23-15 09:39 AM
    You should look at the trade for the whole 6.5 hours, we saw some solid buying in BBRY until 11:00 AM when the volume had completely dried up at 19 MM shares. You would think that the rumour had run its course by then as we rarely see a second wave of buying but along came the next wave and it lasted for the balance of the day. How is it possible that we could pause for as much as 2 hours and then see solid buying again? So I think there is a major buyer in there, they sat on the bid and took up stock all afternoon. We then took a dip when it was reported that there was no official research done for a major player by Evercore, that prompted the dip but it only fell back to support at the 50-dma so you have to ask yourself why we didn't give up our enitre gains on that news. There is clearly something more to this story.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride all of the stock is clearing under $ 11.00 and you can watch it happen.
    Morgan,

Thanks once again for your insight. I'm just wondering with all the interest from "other companies" could there be a third player in this deal. Evercore denied that their presentation is for Samsung. Could there be another player then? I know it would complicate matters even more ,but here is where I'm coming at.

A Samsung, Blackberry partnership would be dynamite. But add Amazon into the mix it would be nuclear.

Samsung build the IOT devices.
    Amazon sells it.
    Blackberry manages and secure the devices.

How is that for a partnership?

Anyway, FWIW, I read the other day an article in Seattle Times, before this Evercore came into light. It talked about IOT and how Chen will transform BBRY. It did not say an interview was done in Seattle, but it does not mean it did not happen either. Anyway, we both know two giants in the industry are based there. We already are in good terms with Amazon. With Nadella and Microsoft?

Exciting times and looking forward to how this plays out.
    01-23-15 09:39 AM
    Thanks Morgan!!
    hey oh don't forget to grab a beer!!
    01-23-15 10:06 AM
113,256 ... 31543155315631573158 ...