View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Ha! I wouldn't sell at all. We are above the 50-dma, first time in quite awhile on moderate volume. There have been so many shares traded above $ 10.00 that the figure is now when you buy BBRY. The shorts are screwed, they have to cover now, too many upside ops and nothing on the downside to help them out. We have heard from every scummmbaggggg analyst there is, Cannacord, Wells, Morgan Stanley, Ehud, Faucette, the lot of them and still the stock is firm. Sit back and wait for BBRY to cross over $ 11.10/shr and hold it, then the rally will begin.
    Ok ill just get my seat belt on or maybe i should invest in a 7 point harness
    01-22-15 10:07 AM
    OT:

I see HALO dropping back to $13.29, I should have bloody waited!

Oh well. I have faith.

Posted via CB10
    Lol you and I both. Bought at 14.29 should have sold yesterda @14.75. Grr
    Bilaal likes this.
    01-22-15 10:07 AM
    To be fair and while taking the rose coloured glasses off, how can you ask for regulators to put in rules to force companies to make apps for ecosystems that they have chosen not to support?

Also, is there a source that states Samsung supports Chen's position and opinion on this matter? It's too easy to translate the narrative of Samsung's interest in the company to Samsung supports Chen's position on net neutrality.
    I don't think that's what he's asking for. He wants a standardised app platform for all devices. It only makes sense, moving forward into the IoT, unless Apple is going to program a version of iOS for every single connected smart-device on the market.

I mean, doesn't it make more sense for all smart-device OSs to implement a standard app platform, than to ask developers to pick and choose which ones to develop their apps for? (Like, say, HTTP, HTML are for the Internet)

In regards to Samsung, let's be real; Samsung doesn't want the hardware, they already make nice hardware (when they want to). They don't need BB10 enough to spend $8billion on it. They've already partnered to gain a chunk of BES12. So that leaves? ..QNX: The app platform of the future IoT. Considering they are (one of?) the biggest electronics manufacturer in the world... 2+2=...?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, StormieTwo, byex and 1 others like this.
    01-22-15 10:11 AM
    01-22-15 10:12 AM
    How about introducing the concept of "Media Neutrality"?
    BBC News - Make coders develop Blackberry apps, says firm's boss

And learn to spell the name of the company we are talking about, while we are at it.
    BBC and the quoted 'experts' are looking like fools for commenting on something that they do not yet know about.
    01-22-15 10:21 AM
    Sooooo your telling me Samsung is going to buy Blackberry debt in the form of converted shares from fairfax and company for 15 dollars a share.
    Yah. Any deal will have to have approval of debebture holders. If they sit tight on their deal the price would need to be closer to $20. See my math previous post for some math.

Btw, sold about a quarter of my little pile today on the up. Plan to use the procedes in a day or two to buy them back plus a few more. Fun

Posted with my flash Passport
    ZayDub likes this.
    01-22-15 10:26 AM
    Lol you and I both. Bought at 14.29 should have sold yesterda @14.75. Grr
    Damn, I had the mouse icon hovered over the button when I saw it at 14.29 yesterday, it kept hovering between 14.50 and 60 for quite some time before I caved and bought in at 14.59.

We shoulda just waited for the drop like Morgan said so. Still, we're in now and the potential upside is huge so I'll stay long.
    01-22-15 10:29 AM
    No I think they should stick it out. Maybe it's just a rumor. Couldn't hurt to just wait, could it? Well maybe could. Then I could laugh even harder.

Posted via CB10
    If investors actually had faith this was more than just a rumor, share prices would be up more than ~9%, IMO, and much closer to Samsung's offer price.

A number of uncertainties face investors. There's no timeline for this buyout offer. Even if Samsung were going to make an offer, it has now been caught with its pants down and may be reconsidering. Or maybe other parts of the rumor are wrong such as Reuters claiming Blackberry and Samsung were already in discussions. What if Samsung's highest offer was $12 or $13 in reality? No way Samsung buyout possible now.

All in all, this is a very complicated but net positive situation. For those already long, this is mostly only good news. For those considering buying shares, it's impossible to figure out what to make of it. I think more insiders may speak out soon, though, because of the controversy. Maybe when/if WSJ or Bloomberg get its hands on something we will get more clarity from a source with high credence and reputation.
    01-22-15 10:35 AM
    Tee hee look at shorty ^^^^^^^^^^ kicking and screaming. I was lucky to buy some shares yesterday and bought a few today. Something real is going on behide closed doors.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 10:45 AM
    All this talk about standardizing the app ecosystem...

Of course it would be to BB advantage, considering where they are and what they are selling.

What are they truly trying to sell? not handsets..... but software, services...

(as JC put it recently, he "doesn't care what phone his 17 yr old daughter has/prefers...")
    that has to tell you something !
    or where their focus is at the moment

Software and services is the way to go.... and BB products/offerings is like the "glue" (as one writer put it) that alllllllll these companies need for their IoT products, etc.

Handsets are becoming a commodity. How long will Apple be able to sell $700 devices? So they keep this ecosystem to themselves (or try to).

Dell and HP found out the hard way in their PC and Laptop business that were no longer making the great margins now that all this competition is out there. (Dell btw has the best operating model imo...get paid first, and then make the product)

As seen in the last CES, there are no-name manufactures coming out with really "nice" devices that are spec'ed well.... I'm sure these will eventually cater into the masses and be on par (if not better) than the competition.

its only a matter of time before the big boys could care less for handsets........

The PIMP is basically calling it now.
    01-22-15 10:46 AM
    Happy to see we are now testig highs instead of lows
    As Morgan wrote, $11 might be a very interesting level to monitor
    bungaboy, La Emperor, q649 and 4 others like this.
    01-22-15 10:48 AM
    Ha! I wouldn't sell at all. We are above the 50-dma, first time in quite awhile on moderate volume. There have been so many shares traded above $ 10.00 that the figure is now when you buy BBRY. The shorts are screwed, they have to cover now, too many upside ops and nothing on the downside to help them out. We have heard from every scummmbaggggg analyst there is, Cannacord, Wells, Morgan Stanley, Ehud, Faucette, the lot of them and still the stock is firm. Sit back and wait for BBRY to cross over $ 11.10/shr and hold it, then the rally will begin.
    Hi Moganplus8,

Curious, but what do you think will happen to the stock as we approach the next ER?

do you still see it in rally mode or will it hit the brakes because people will get bent out of shape and "try" to make a story of how revenues are expected to be lower, and basically not getting past that (even though the next few quarters are in transition and this is expected).

Do you think the shorts will play this game(again) and try to downplay the stock right before ER time trying to hang their hat on this revenue argument?
    01-22-15 10:58 AM
    Hi Moganplus8,

Curious, but what do you think will happen to the stock as we approach the next ER?

do you still see it in rally mode or will it hit the brakes because people will get bent out of shape and "try" to make a story of how revenues are expected to be lower, and basically not getting past that (even though the next few quarters are in transition and this is expected).

Do you think the shorts will play this game(again) and try to downplay the stock right before ER time trying to hang their hat on this revenue argument?
    That train has left the station, all of our bear analysts are repeatedly coming out with lower revenue estimates and the stock doesn't care. We have passed the point where old news is important, meaning news that we already know. We know that the next two quarters are going to be tough, Chen told us that, what we don't know is BES12 uptake and what Samsung has in mind for BlackBerry before it begins to fall back in favour with the market. Samsung knows that they need to step up and make their best deals now, not months from now. Investors know that they need to hold stock before the shorts cover not after it is fashionable to own BBRY again. Most investors look for 3 - 5 years for a turn around and Chen has less than 4 years to go on his plan and he is ahead of schedule. The market discounts at least 6-months in advance of the news. Everything under 6-months is known, they factor in the weak sales, the weak enterprise uptake, everything is out there when they place their bests. What they don't know is how BB will grow their business, how long it will take to gel etc., but they are in this for years not weeks.

My rally is coming, the general market rally is coming, we need to stop seeing energy collapse here, to see currencies stop collapsing too, and then you will see the start of a huge rally. I still see BBRY making another run at a new high, the charts point to it, the general market points to it and we'll get there. Try to think of some bad news that the repeatedly bearish analysts haven't brought forward, how many times can they repeat themselves or marginally increase their stock targets? We are so over bad news its crazy! We can look forward to handset sales with profit margins, we can look forward to BES12 uptake, for the next 6-months the numbers don't even matter, what matters is if there is a single star in all of those numbers, the stock will fly.

The shorts have no choice but to talk down the stock and reposition their losing trade every day. They will stop rallies and try to rehash old news, the point is, they are going to leave this trade while doing so. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
    01-22-15 11:14 AM
    Sounds good ! hope you are right...

(strapping in seat belt!)
    CDM76, morganplus8 and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-22-15 11:36 AM
    All this talk about standardizing the app ecosystem...

Of course it would be to BB advantage, considering where they are and what they are selling.

What are they truly trying to sell? not handsets..... but software, services...

(as JC put it recently, he "doesn't care what phone his 17 yr old daughter has/prefers...")
    that has to tell you something !
    or where their focus is at the moment

Software and services is the way to go.... and BB products/offerings is like the "glue" (as one writer put it) that alllllllll these companies need for their IoT products, etc.

Handsets are becoming a commodity. How long will Apple be able to sell $700 devices? So they keep this ecosystem to themselves (or try to).

Dell and HP found out the hard way in their PC and Laptop business that were no longer making the great margins now that all this competition is out there. (Dell btw has the best operating model imo...get paid first, and then make the product)

As seen in the last CES, there are no-name manufactures coming out with really "nice" devices that are spec'ed well.... I'm sure these will eventually cater into the masses and be on par (if not better) than the competition.

its only a matter of time before the big boys could care less for handsets........

The PIMP is basically calling it now.
    Don't see that at all. Iphone is going to go the way of Macs which sits atop the high end notebook market. Dominate the high end but overall have a lower percentage of the market as it becomes commoditized thus why Android OEMs like Samsung are trying to diversify, they can't compete with Iphone in the high end sector and Iphone are making huge gains even in their home market South Korea.

As an aside, the first retail Tizen Z1 launch in India is already a failure.

Samsung Electronics Co Ltd's first smartphone to run on its own operating system received a frosty welcome after its launch in India, with reviewers and consumers criticising its low-resolution cameras and dearth of software applications.

The South Korean giant's latest handset stands out not so much for its no-frills specifications but for what lies under the hood - the Tizen operating system Samsung has developed to rival Google Inc's Android platform.

Samsung is hoping the Z1 will catch on in the world's third-largest smartphone market, boosting its flagging global market share and gaining a foothold for Tizen among India's first-time smartphone buyers.

But the initial reaction of analysts and consumers after its Jan. 14 launch suggests the Z1 will struggle to get ahead of a crowded field in a country with about 280 smartphone brands on offer, led by Samsung and closely followed by Indian maker Micromax Informatics Ltd.

"Samsung has been delaying the launch of this Tizen phone for a long time and when they finally did it, it turned out to be an under-powered phone," said Mumbai-based filmmaker Samir Ahmed Sheikh as he shopped for a new phone for his wife.

The 3.15 megapixel primary camera and 300,000 pixel front camera are "like a phone from 2010", he said.
    Of interest Samsung earlier in the year demoed a retail ready Tizen Z with higher specs but declined to send it to retail markets as it had no price advantage to mid-tier Androids. Samsung is firmly tied to Android because there is no alternative. Its good for BB that Samsung is interested in them but I hope its for an equity stake as a takeover would not be good for BB10.
    jxnb, Andy_bb_king and awindsr like this.
    01-22-15 11:37 AM
    I don't think that's what he's asking for. He wants a standardised app platform for all devices. It only makes sense, moving forward into the IoT, unless Apple is going to program a version of iOS for every single connected smart-device on the market.
    I don't even think it's that necessarily. He mentioned Netflix. He should've followed up with Hulu. Hulu was an even clearer example of app bias, when their site WORKED on the PlayBook until Hulu killed access to it twice in less than a week. It worked on day 1, then Hulu blocked it. Someone figured out a workaround, and Hulu blocked that too.

Sometime during the summer of 2013, CB user App_Developer mentioned that his employer (a bank I believe) was thinking of blacklisting BB10 devices if their Android app was ported by BlackBerry and made available on BlackBerry World. He cited "security" reasons. He might've meant security holes could be introduced during the automatic porting process, but his wording implied BB10 devices were less secure than Android. I don't know who his employer was at the time, but it sure sounded like they were more than big enough to warrant being compelled to support more platforms than just iOS and Android.
    01-22-15 12:12 PM
    OT: M+8. Just wondering what you think of Encana. I had originally purchased at 21$ then sold at 26$ (yes I know that was REALLY good timing). Now that it's in the 16$ range I'm really tempted to pick some up again.... thinking it could be 20$-25$ again in 2-3 years

Posted via CB10
    q649, bungaboy, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    01-22-15 12:28 PM
    Hi guys, sounds like a good day for us bulls
    Just as a reminder, despite I know how deep Morgan is involved and - God bless him - easy to help us understanding about anything the stocks, we have to keep focused on BBRY ... so please avoid asking about any stock next door.
    Remember, we're part of CrackBerry comunity, not a traders' one !

[I've been quite silent about it since we had almost no new material to discuss ... yet seems the action times are back, so ...]

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-thanks.jpg

Edit: Ok, ok, you can keep asking about HALO ... it's been here for a while now
    01-22-15 12:56 PM
    Chen's "Net Neutrality" post about apps being Device Agnostic would fit into this worldview. If all app developers went to HTML5 and their apps could run on any OS (including whatever systems come out of China) we'd all be able to pick and choose the handset most suited to our personal tastes.
    I'm sure that if Chen was CEO of Blackberry years ago he would have opened up BBM to Nokia, Palm and Windows Mobile devices to support app neutrality and would have released BBM for iOS and Android right away as soon as they started getting popular.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    01-22-15 01:07 PM
    OT: M+8. Just wondering what you think of Encana. I had originally purchased at 21$ then sold at 26$ (yes I know that was REALLY good timing). Now that it's in the 16$ range I'm really tempted to pick some up again.... thinking it could be 20$-25$ again in 2-3 years

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 !!

That's my fav energy stock, they switched to liquids, have a ton of cash, millions of acres of land all across NA and they are well managed but the only negative is that office building!! I'm with you, its a screaming buy if you are willing to hold it for a couple of years. I sold out of our position at the top of the rally and I'm a buyer again after we see a final leg down in energy and we aren't there yet. While you wait, collect that dividend cheque as well as sell some out of the money call options and you'll make off with a ton of money. Great call on that one! GL
    rarsen, bungaboy, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    01-22-15 01:16 PM
    Eat my shorts.

+1.00 (10.07%)
    Real-time: 2:27PM EST
    01-22-15 01:28 PM
    Breaking intraday high. Let's get that $11.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150122_143132.png
    01-22-15 01:32 PM
    Now wishing I hadn't sold my $11.09 shares for a loss lol...patience is key! buy low, sell high

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    01-22-15 01:35 PM
    Could this buying be Samsung buying up those cheap shares (up to 10%), as someone suggested earlier?

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    01-22-15 01:48 PM
    Amber Kanwar ‏@amberkanwar
    #BREAKING: Evercore tells @BNN Samsung has not been a recent client of theirs. They prepare ideas "routinely" on "our own accord" $BBRY

I question the timing of this "release" as the stock was just about to make a move.
    01-22-15 01:51 PM
113,256 ... 31513152315331543155 ...