View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Short resolve is amazing. Must be close to 100M shares currently short and they shrug off the Evercore report. One might surmise that this new information increases upside event risk....

Posted via CB10
    fedakd and laketrout73 like this.
    01-22-15 08:38 AM
    Looks like a pending deal from one of the world's largest conglomerates isn't going to materially move the dial.

But I bet Icahn would. WS is a special place.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 08:52 AM
    Once bitten twice shy?

Classically Posted.
    01-22-15 08:53 AM
    OT:

I see HALO dropping back to $13.29, I should have bloody waited!

Oh well. I have faith.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 08:55 AM
    Ichan would chop up and sell the parts for more than the whole...I'm not interested in that.
    This is the "I suuport" thread, not the "profit at all costs" evil cousin thread.

Classically Posted.
    01-22-15 08:56 AM
    I want to put some sustained pain on these shorts. They have had their time and done enough damage.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 09:06 AM
    Is the train leaving the station???

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    01-22-15 09:07 AM
    I like that one lol.

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy and ZayDub like this.
    01-22-15 09:08 AM
    "BlackBerry's CEO wrote the stupidest net neutrality article I've ever read" is the article title on BGR. I'm not going to bother opening the link and reading it.

Click bait w*ores.
    CDM76, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    01-22-15 09:23 AM
    What's that smell...yur shorts???
    LOL (up HUGE)

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-22-15 09:25 AM
    "BlackBerry's CEO wrote the stupidest net neutrality article I've ever read" is the article title on BGR. I'm not going to bother opening the link and reading it.

Click bait w*ores.
    Cool. Samsung doesn't think it's stupid.

Posted via CB10
    Bilaal, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    Morgan, what are the changes of Prem Watsa giving up on his shares for the rumoured offer of US$13.35 to US$15.49 per share?
    Thanks for the easy question! Prem has no more chance of selling his block of stock, or a single share of it, for more money than you and I do. When they talk to Prem, they are asking him at what price would he consider stepping aside from some part of the investment. Prem might go back to them and say he would sell his common stock for $ 15.00/shr (43 MM shares) and his bonds for the equivalent of $ 17.00/shr converted (50 MM shares). Then Samsung would go to the market and make a public offer for all of the shares at the predetermined price thus offering the shareholder with 10 shares the same offer that Prem got. The stock would be halted on the pending offer and you and I would both talk about whether we want to sell our shares as well. Prem has no advantage over anyone else in this matter. We will all get the same offer and the price of the stock will react accordingly. Now if Samsung only wants 49% of the company, you had better be quick to sell those shares as the price of the stock will drop as soon as Prem transfers his position.

The interesting question is whether Prem would want to sell to anyone knowing .... Samsung would be forced to buy all of his shares in the open market. Then the stock would be much higher than the deal they could have requested from Prem. I think the paper has it all wrong almost to the point that they are BS'ing us as Samsung won't be trying to dislodge anybody who owns shares this way. They will take the friendly path of buying 10% of the shares in the open market (maybe have that now) make the announcement of such and then proceed to acquire more shares than Prem owns to take the largest minority ownership in the company and sit on the board. At that point, they will invest heavily in BlackBerry and grow the business without the need for Government approval. When you do the math, it is far cheaper to buy shares in the open market, simple as that. Chen would know what Samsung is planning and pre-approve of a seat or two on the board and Samsung would go to the market and do this legally for everyone at a low cost.
    Cool. Samsung doesn't think it's stupid.

Posted via CB10
    To be fair and while taking the rose coloured glasses off, how can you ask for regulators to put in rules to force companies to make apps for ecosystems that they have chosen not to support?

Also, is there a source that states Samsung supports Chen's position and opinion on this matter? It's too easy to translate the narrative of Samsung's interest in the company to Samsung supports Chen's position on net neutrality.
    01-22-15 09:31 AM
    I really hope we have a couple of 10 per cent days, not to raise the stock price, but to burn some shorts.

If enough of them get burnt they may stop sticking around.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 09:33 AM
    I just want the shorts gone period
    bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    01-22-15 09:36 AM
    FWIW:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/wells-...143543714.html
    Wells Fargo On BlackBerry: Sale Unlikely In The Near-Term

Following meetings with BlackBerry Ltd�s (NASDAQ: BBRY) CFO, Wells Fargo analysts dispelled rumors that the company is on the auction block.

Among their key takeaways, the analysts note that the company is not in liquidation mode due to its strong cash position. However, they do expect the company to explore other strategic alternatives, including restructuring, divestitures and multi-platform strategies, allowing for the potential of upside risk.

The analysts said the management and investor sentiment diverge, as investors remain pessimistic, while management is �excited about its device roadmap.� On the downside, BlackBerry will struggle from uncertain BB10 demand and potential enterprise market share loss, according to the analysts.

Wells Fargo placed a price of $9.50 to $10.50, based on 1x EV/Sales.

Shares traded recently at $10.44, up 5.1 percent.
    bungaboy, BACK-2-BLACK and rarsen like this.
    01-22-15 09:39 AM
    I just want the shorts gone period
    Let them stay the more sticking around then the more money for the longs

#BBFactCheck
    01-22-15 09:39 AM
    It was an awesome day for me with BlackBerry this AM. love this game that is being played.

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    01-22-15 09:40 AM
    No I think they should stick it out. Maybe it's just a rumor. Couldn't hurt to just wait, could it? Well maybe could. Then I could laugh even harder.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 09:41 AM
    To be fair and while taking the rose coloured glasses off, how can you ask for regulators to put in rules to force companies to make apps for ecosystems that they have chosen not to support?

Also, is there a source that states Samsung supports Chen's position and opinion on this matter? It's too easy to translate the narrative of Samsung's interest in the company to Samsung supports Chen's position on net neutrality.
    HTML5 - see my previous post. Apple pulled the wool over everybody's eyes with the whole App thing because their phone couldn't handle the web at the time. if(when) everybody goes to a common standard we all win. Regulators should force handset makers to support a common standard as well as their preferred flavour. App Developers would soon support the common standard. develop once, deploy everywhere.
    01-22-15 09:42 AM
    How about introducing the concept of "Media Neutrality"?
    BBC News - Make coders develop Blackberry apps, says firm's boss

And learn to spell the name of the company we are talking about, while we are at it.
    01-22-15 09:46 AM
    Once bitten twice shy?
    Classically Posted.
    Yup, muddy waters; stay safe everybody, we saw how fast this can go.
    GL to the most educated/risky traders here !
    01-22-15 09:53 AM
    Yup, muddy waters; stay safe everybody, we saw how fast this can go.
    GL to the most educated/risky traders here !
    To hold or to sell lol
    01-22-15 09:55 AM
    To hold or to sell lol
    Ha! I wouldn't sell at all. We are above the 50-dma, first time in quite awhile on moderate volume. There have been so many shares traded above $ 10.00 that the figure is now when you buy BBRY. The shorts are screwed, they have to cover now, too many upside ops and nothing on the downside to help them out. We have heard from every scummmbaggggg analyst there is, Cannacord, Wells, Morgan Stanley, Ehud, Faucette, the lot of them and still the stock is firm. Sit back and wait for BBRY to cross over $ 11.10/shr and hold it, then the rally will begin.
    01-22-15 10:01 AM

Click bait w*ores.
    They were all in love with HTML5 V.S Flash ... but I guess they're short memory.
    Apple launches HTML5 advocacy site | BGR
    01-22-15 10:03 AM
113,256 ... 31503151315231533154 ...