View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    HTC Naaaaaa Not I
    Just dreaming here but the specs of the upcoming HTC One M9 are reported to be the following :

Earlier reports stated that*the HTC One M9 will feature a 5-inch full HD display, an octa-core 64-bit Snapdragon 810 processor, a 20.7-megapixel rear camera, a 13-megapixel front-facing camera, 3GB of RAM and Android Lollipop.

How many of you would be all over this if the last two words in that sentence were changed to BlackBerry 10?
    01-21-15 11:20 AM
    Just dreaming here but the specs of the upcoming HTC One M9 are reported to be the following :

Earlier reports stated that*the HTC One M9 will feature a 5-inch full HD display, an octa-core 64-bit Snapdragon 810 processor, a 20.7-megapixel rear camera, a 13-megapixel front-facing camera, 3GB of RAM and Android Lollipop.

How many of you would be all over this if the last two words in that sentence were changed to BlackBerry 10?
    Specs like apps . . . . way overblown! My Passport and Z30 work great for me. I don't give a darn what's inside other than the OS.

I already have an HTC One gathering dust.
    01-21-15 11:39 AM

Nah. Make a phone that can run Citrix, RDP,and have full featured dual monitor support (along with keyboard and mouse support), and native printer support, THEN I'd be all over it. A true pocket PC.
    01-21-15 11:42 AM
    They are all sold out already. It just adds to the theme that this is a desirable phone. Next up a rose gold or platinum version in very limited quantity...
    Hmmm...yeah, look how many sellouts we can have...50 here, 50 there...I'm not sure anyone is fooled or cares. I could see 50 Passports made with extremely expensive materials, something between a vertu phone and the Porsche ones, but who cares if they can sell 50 phones that aren't that much more than the normal ones?

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 11:43 AM
    Hmmm...yeah, look how many sellouts we can have...50 here, 50 there...I'm not sure anyone is fooled or cares. I could see 50 Passports made with extremely expensive materials, something between a vertu phone and the Porsche ones, but who cares if they can sell 50 phones that aren't that much more than the normal ones?

Posted via CB10
    Think I read somewhere that they had some celebrity wanting a gold one. It probably didn't cost them much more to make 50 of them as it did to make 1.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 12:00 PM
    OT, in the meantime ...
    Windows 10: The Next Chapter
    Microsoft is going to a 'service model' and will be giving upgrades away for free.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/micros...173724420.html
    01-21-15 12:26 PM
    01-21-15 12:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you don't, but I think that the people that are lucky enough to get one do care.
    01-21-15 12:34 PM
    Gold plating is not costly but you charge A LOT for the final product.

Someone on the passport forum did it for like $40, minus the frets.

So I'm guessing BlackBerry can do it for like $10/unit and they charge a few hundred... lol.
    Sounds right to me!!

Found these online:
    "

It costs a small amount to plate metal, for example to plate the back of an Apple IPod costs about �3.50 but you can charge over �30 for this service.

To gold plate a set of 4 car badges costs about �10 but generates about �100 in charges.

Gold is the most malleable and ductile metal; a single gram can be beaten into a sheet of one square meter!!
    01-21-15 12:40 PM
    On this morning's "rumour"...
    Canaccord Genuity Analyst: BlackBerry-LG Combination Makes Less Sense Than Samsung Rumor - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Benzinga

Speaking to Benzinga, Canaccord Genuity analyst Mike Walkley said that a combination between BlackBerry Ltd and LG Electronics makes less sense than the Samsung-BlackBerry buyout rumor from earlier this week.

Walkley explained that Samsung is much larger in the smartphone market and trying to gain share by growing in the enterprise. In addition, he pointed out that Samsung has a larger market cap and more cash if it were to buy BlackBerry.

“LG is struggling to be relevant in the larger Android smartphone consumer market, so I’m not sure what they would get with BlackBerry,” he said.

BlackBerry shares spiked above $10 earlier, but have since dropped down to $9.97.
    01-21-15 12:40 PM
    I agree. It doesn't make any business sense at all to make 50 gold Passports except for possibly the PR value. You certainly won't make money on them by the time you add in all the costs it takes to define a new SKU.
    They said they are going to make devices for a specific purpose, moving forward. Maybe this is part of their image of creating a phone specifically for YOU. If they could find a way to produce 10000 variations and only 50 of each, everyone would feel like they had a custom phone.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-21-15 12:51 PM
    Really ? How often are these stock manipulators going to use this same old tactic. Start a rumor about an impending sale and then make it sound like it's a bad thing that is not going through. Just a ploy to discourage the investors. Make them want to sell their stock. It let's the shorters buy back their shorted stock. Don't be fooled, don't let them off the hook.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-21-15 12:55 PM
    01-21-15 01:07 PM
    Just my opinion, the top half should be black (like the Red Passport).

It puts less emphasis on the "small" screen size in today's mobile world.

Having a black bezel/top half makes it look like today.
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    01-21-15 01:08 PM
    01-21-15 01:13 PM
    Maybe you don't, but I think that the people that are lucky enough to get one do care.
    Er...good for those 50 people lol...with respect, your comment is a bit blinking obvious.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 01:28 PM
    They lost nothing by producing the 50 "Gold" Passports, in fact they made 50 folks very happy with a story to tell now when folks as 'what phone is that', and they paid a little more for the privilege.

In addition they got "free" marketing from the Verge, TehcnoBuffalo, CIO, Mobile Syrup, Mashable, etc etc, all will report the "limited editon" sold out in a very short time.

Chen takes his victories where he can get them. He won a little one today. Maybe another one next time. Keep adding them up.
    01-21-15 01:40 PM
    Er...good for those 50 people lol...with respect, your comment is a bit blinking obvious.

Posted via CB10
    But it seems like it wasn't obvious to you. Those devices are made to fill a need for a subset of customers. You said that you don't care, but no body cares of you do or not because you are not the target for these devices. I hope that you now understand what I was trying to say (but should have been obvious from the previous post).
    01-21-15 01:44 PM
    As you can see BBRY US down and up in Canada due to exchange rate. This should have a positive effect on revenue numbers?
    01-21-15 01:58 PM
    I still think that 50 units must be some kind of misunderstanding or something. I mean that if they were to make one for every retiring executive at Blackberry, 50 would not be enough. It really makes no sense. I can't believe they actually put these in the store to sell out of.
    01-21-15 02:24 PM
    I still think that 50 units must be some kind of misunderstanding or something. I mean that if they were to make one for every retiring executive at Blackberry, 50 would not be enough. It really makes no sense. I can't believe they actually put these in the store to sell out of.
    Agree. Complete waste of people's time. One thing to sellout 50 privately and tell people about it, but no point putting it online to have loads of people checking and disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 02:29 PM
    Its foreshadowing the last blackberry product you can buy before they get taken over.
    01-21-15 02:50 PM
    Yeah, really dumb...I'll forgive them if they release gold ones for everyone lol. I normally do not like gold on phones, but I think the gold and black passport looks better than the silver.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 02:56 PM
    OT: WhatsApp is now available on the web. Works for all ecosystems but iOS at the moment .

https://web.whatsapp.com
    01-21-15 03:08 PM
    Really ? How often are these stock manipulators going to use this same old tactic. Start a rumor about an impending sale and then make it sound like it's a bad thing that is not going through. Just a ploy to discourage the investors. Make them want to sell their stock. It let's the shorters buy back their shorted stock. Don't be fooled, don't let them off the hook.

Posted via CB10
    Really don't care how it affect the stock....

It's how it affect people making decisions on if they should use BES and BB10 within their company. Instability has been a major concern for some of those that went with other platforms.
    Bilaal, Mr BBRY and CDM76 like this.
    01-21-15 03:14 PM
113,256 ... 31473148314931503151 ...