View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    01-19-15 07:19 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150119_121110_hdr.jpg Was at NAAS today and thought I would post some eye candy.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 09:08 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150119_121130_hdr.jpg Taken with Passport

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 09:09 PM
    BlackBerry should try and sponsor Chelsea Football Club. They are currently sponsored by Samsung, but that contract is running out. I'm not sure they could afford it, but it would be an excellent allocation of advertising money.

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB and BACK-2-BLACK like this.
    01-20-15 02:08 AM
    Hi rarsen!

Sorry for the late response. Although I did not travel by plane to/from Foz do Iguacu, it does have its own airport (code: IGU). Looking at their website, all the regional airlines seem to have flights arriving/departing from here. As for weather type, when visiting the water falls I would always recommend a rain jacket Climate will be warming up, my guess is anywhere between 23-30 degrees on a regular day. It's insanely beautiful. If you get the opportunity, definitely go!!!
    01-20-15 05:06 AM
    OT: but security related:

http://www.businessinsider.com/edwar...-secure-2015-1

Not really a big surprise here, but relevant to us security minded folks.

EDIT: I can't get the link to display the title, which is the best part; "Here's Why Edward Snowden Refuses To Use An iPhone".
    rarsen, jxnb, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    01-20-15 06:09 AM
    Will be interesting to see how this plays out. PM on 20k shares

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-pre.jpg
    01-20-15 06:26 AM
    Will be interesting to see how this plays out. PM on 20k shares

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pre.JPG 
Views:	1605 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	328495
    Futures are way up this morning. Markets should be very green early on.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    01-20-15 06:54 AM
    OT:

I should be purchasing HALO this week, I don't want a repeat of BB happening (bought at its Jan 13 peak, never recovered since)

My question is, should I buy ASAP or wait for the drop?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 07:34 AM
    OT:

I should be purchasing HALO this week, I don't want a repeat of BB happening (bought at its Jan 13 peak, never recovered since)

My question is, should I buy ASAP or wait for the drop?

Posted via CB10
    I think you answered your own question.

Btw: you likely will NOT get anyone telling you to buy / not buy as there are a variety of legal issues with providing financial advise etc.

Posted via CB10
    Bilaal likes this.
    01-20-15 07:52 AM
    I think you answered your own question.

Btw: you likely will NOT get anyone telling you to buy / not buy as there are a variety of legal issues with providing financial advise etc.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, yeah. I think I did. I understand, I was looking more for something along the lines of a TA, so I can make a judgement. I bought BB blindly and it cost me heavily.

Posted via CB10

Edit: I say 'blindly', but I meant hastily.
    Last edited by Bilaal; 01-20-15 at 08:12 AM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-20-15 07:57 AM
    OT: Halo pre market is 15:30. Bilaal, I'm like you always got in at wrong time or got out at wrong time. Last week sold out of BB thinking we would drop back to sub 9$ but nope hit $10 and bounced up.
    01-20-15 08:25 AM
    OT: Halo pre market is 15:30. Bilaal, I'm like you always got in at wrong time or got out at wrong time. Last week sold out of BB thinking we would drop back to sub 9$ but nope hit $10 and bounced up.
    Ha, we're new comers, but we'll get the hang of it eventually. Well, HALO has dropped back to $14.9x area, I'll wait for a TA from a more seasoned member in this thread and decide what to do then.

I bought BB.TO prior to BB10 launch, I wish I had just been patient and had known about the 'pump and dump' and all that business.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-20-15 08:33 AM
    Of course we are down today
    01-20-15 08:40 AM
    No luck just yet.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150120_084719.jpg

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 8 others like this.
    01-20-15 08:49 AM
    OT: but security related:

http://www.businessinsider.com/edwar...-secure-2015-1

Not really a big surprise here, but relevant to us security minded folks.

EDIT: I can't get the link to display the title, which is the best part; "Here's Why Edward Snowden Refuses To Use An iPhone".
    Interesting

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    01-20-15 09:04 AM
    Ha, we're new comers, but we'll get the hang of it eventually. Well, HALO has dropped back to $14.9x area, I'll wait for a TA from a more seasoned member in this thread and decide what to do then.

I bought BB.TO prior to BB10 launch, I wish I had just been patient and had known about the 'pump and dump' and all that business.

Posted via CB10
    Buy low, sell high. Seriously, it works

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, Bilaal and StormieTwo like this.
    01-20-15 09:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    HALO 20-01-15
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-schalo-20-01-15.png

Hey Bilaal,

Halo popped at the beginning of the year and the RSI is still above 70 suggesting it is still over bought. The price might hover in this dollar range for a while as it works off that Overbought status, so no need to jump on the stock, just keep an eye on it and watch for any announcements coming up.

My very cheap and nasty rule of thumb - If the 50day MA is below the 200day MA look at buying. If the 50day MA is above the 200day MA look at selling.
    50>200 ~sell
    50<200 ~buy

go nogo
    Just Saying...
    Last edited by StormieTwo; 01-20-15 at 09:40 AM.
    bungaboy, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    01-20-15 09:14 AM
    No luck just yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150120_084719.jpg 
Views:	1418 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	328505

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    Trolling, eh Ben? LoL
    01-20-15 09:41 AM
    @morganplus8 Any thoughts on Bombardier at the moment? Another arge Canadian company tanking like BlackBerry did but not only because they are losing market share, but because of liquidity concerns as well.

They're basically at an all time low. Heck, they're C shares are so low they now yield a 11% dividend

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 09:54 AM
    Same old story...
    Citigroup: BlackBerry Won't 'Go For The Gold' In Fiscal 2016 - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Benzinga

Ehud Gelblum of Citigroup on Tuesday lowered BlackBerry Ltd's February quarter estimates based on lower device shipments. At the same time, the analyst's fiscal 2016 is “not enough likely to go for the gold” as it factors in a slower ramp of Software revenues.

Gelblum expects BlackBerry to report Hardware and Device revenue of $213 million for its February quarter. The figure marks a 41 percent quarter-over-quarter (1.1 million units) decrease from prior estimates of $493 million.

Gelblum notes that a portion of the original EZ-Pass Silver licenses will upgrade to the more expensive Gold level of the course of the year, a detailed model leads the analyst to conclude that it would require 40 percent of the original licenses to go for Gold for BlackBerry to reach a $500 million target.

“With the Passport still in short supply, and we believe destined to be a modest volume device, the Classic just beginning to ramp in January and not yet at stores, and shipments of Z10s, Z30s, Q10s and Q5s all but finished, we expect low average selling price Z3s and remaining BB7 Bolds and Curves to make up the bulk of February quarter shipments,” Gelblum wrote. As a result, for the full year fiscal 2016, Gelblum lowered revenue estimate to $3.22 billion from $3.24 billion.

Shares are Sell/High Risk rated with a $8 price target.
    rarsen, BACK-2-BLACK and sati01 like this.
    01-20-15 09:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    I only have a minute to comment but if you look at the HALO chart, there is now a bundle of stock held above $ 14.00 and all of those new purchases are under water, I think we are going to trade between $ 13.50 and $ 14.00/shr until we get some news which might not happen now until mid-February. The RSI issue has now corrected itself but a lack of news will temper the rally here. I just bought some more for one of my accounts knowing that it might sit here for a couple of weeks at least. Really, buying today won't be an issue in the months ahead, this company has a very bright future and 2015 is going to be a great year. I'm more concerned about the strength of the US dollar and the price of oil on the general markets right now.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    01-20-15 09:58 AM
    @morganplus8 Any thoughts on Bombardier at the moment? Another arge Canadian company tanking like BlackBerry did but not only because they are losing market share, but because of liquidity concerns as well.

They're basically at an all time low. Heck, they're C shares are so low they now yield a 11% dividend

Posted via CB10
    Isn't it a tragedy? A great company in its day and now they are in the worse trouble they have ever been in. All they had to do was produce the best, most reliable, 4-stroke engine, and like Honda, they would be around forever. I wouldn't go near them today. It will be difficult to buy one of their products now too. A sad day for Canadian manufacturing.
    01-20-15 10:06 AM
    Go Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Edit: I lost my voice!

You may have nice pics but I just watched the GB vs Seattle game. Holy smokes.

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    01-20-15 10:25 AM
    Lol, yeah. I think I did. I understand, I was looking more for something along the lines of a TA, so I can make a judgement. I bought BB blindly and it cost me heavily.

Posted via CB10

Edit: I say 'blindly', but I meant hastily.
    Yeah initially I did same. Didn't know enough about the movements (roller coaster ride! ) of this stock either. Bought in at $15 CDN. Should have sold at $18 but got greedy wanted $20. Never got it.

Since then I've averaged down quite a bit, by playing the game. Strategic buying / selling CAN work but is huge gamble.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 11:17 AM
113,250 ... 31443145314631473148 ...