View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT I thought this would be interesting, just skip the commercial. .

You are what you buy.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?play=1&video=3000346757
    And young and poor are we!

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    01-19-15 07:21 AM
    Hey SF. We will be at a small B&B in Conchas China just south of Puerto Vallarta. Go there every to recharge.
    Great food in PV.

Posted from my PassPort
    01-19-15 07:26 AM
    Samsung wants to expand partnership with BlackBerry, reported this morning on 680 news.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 07:34 AM
    Smells like a possible meetup ... will be in "Club Mediteran�e" in Cancun at the end of next month ...
    Club Med! The wife and I have been to all three in Mexico!

Long island ice tea and midday foam parties are a potent mix.

Water skiing on alligator infested lagoon really improves the skiers technique!!

BB10 4 ME
    rarsen and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-19-15 07:47 AM
    Any news expected by the end of the month? I think 10.3 is supposed to be arriving for everything, finally?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 08:00 AM
    Samsung Isn?t Planning BlackBerry Acquisition, Co-CEO Says - WSJ

Samsung Co-CEO J.K. Shin Says His Company Wants to Develop Partnership With BlackBerry

By JONATHAN CHENG
    Updated Jan. 19, 2015 7:05 a.m. ET

SEOUL -- Samsung Electronics Co.�s co-chief executive said Monday that the company wants to develop its partnership with BlackBerry Ltd. , but has no intention of acquiring the Canadian handset maker.

�We want to work with BlackBerry and develop this partnership, not acquire the company,� J.K. Shin, who heads Samsung�s mobile-phone business, said in a statement to The Wall Street Journal.

Samsung is separately in talks with BlackBerry to extend the scope of its cooperation, including the potential use of BlackBerry technology in Samsung devices, the company said.

It didn�t elaborate on the potential extension of its agreement.

Rumors of a possible acquisition of BlackBerry by Samsung have persisted for years, particularly as the Waterloo, Ontario-based smartphone maker has struggled against competition in the smartphone market.

Mr. Shin said an acquisition of BlackBerry would be counter to the company�s strategy. Samsung has built its ambitions for the enterprise market around its own security platform called Knox. Samsung, the world�s largest maker of handsets, has invested heavily in Knox over the past few years, though it has struggled to gain traction with the platform and hasn�t yet announced any prominent clients for the service.

�We are satisfied with the progress of Knox, including the quality of security and protection that it enables, and remain committed to Knox over the long term,� the company said.

In November, Samsung and BlackBerry signed an agreement that allows each company to sell the other�s mobile-security technology. Samsung has signed similar deals with other enterprise security companies, including Citrix Systems Inc., Good Technology Inc., MobileIron Inc., and VMware Inc. �s AirWatch.

�We value all of our relationships,� Samsung said.

Samsung also said that Samsung wasn�t craving access to BlackBerry�s patent portfolio, calling attention to its own patent portfolio, which is one of the biggest in the technology world. Samsung said that as of the end of 2013, it has registered more than 110,000 patents globally, including more than 34,000 in the U.S.

Analysts have said BlackBerry�s 44,000 patents could be an attractive asset for Samsung, which has spent much of the past five years in a legal battle with Apple Inc. over patents. Samsung also has signed cross-licensing deals with partners like Google Inc., giving it some shelter from patent litigation.
    rarsen, Mr BBRY, jxnb and 11 others like this.
    01-19-15 08:15 AM
    Any news expected by the end of the month? I think 10.3 is supposed to be arriving for everything, finally?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I think 10.3.1 arrives next late month.
    [ and I wouldn't be surprised to see leaks of 10.3.2 before then.] LOL
    thebroph and bungaboy like this.
    01-19-15 08:41 AM
    Well I guess I'll have to skip over your post as well. Since I don't want to read Seeking Alfa trash.

Posted via CB10

I agree, now that I am starting to get into the stock game, I have quickly learned that Seeking Alpha is garbage and to not read their "opinions" of people "trying to write credible articles".

Due to the fact that RIM devices use only the BlackBerry Enterprise Server for corporate email access, Good does not have insight into BlackBerry handset activation trends; and they are not reflected in this report.
    So what is the point of the article then? They waste their time trying to draw conclusions about BB to only put that statement in there half way into the article !!! I stopped reading at that point.

See what I mean about Seeking Alpha? pure garbage.
    georg4BB, CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    01-19-15 09:36 AM
    For those that might be interested. Pretty good job:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post11270511

01-19-15 09:38 AM
    For those fluent in French out there:

David Derrida is BlackBerry's Director of Product Management Europe.

SF probably knows him.

Will try and post a summary of the interview later. If anyone else wants to do it, please go ahead.

Source: David Derrida : � BlackBerry est l� pour rester � ! | Blackberry 10
    01-19-15 09:44 AM
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/01/18/bl...-samsung-deal/

Industry Minister James Moore told media today that BlackBerry�s CEO John Chen called him to reassure the government that there is no pending acquisition, a deal the government and its various security components would have to approve.

While Samsung and BlackBerry have a close working relationship, partnering on security-related matters like bringing KNOX*to BES 12,*an outright purchase of the Waterloo-based company remains unlikely. Instead, it�s possible BlackBerry may sell individual divisions piecemeal to a company like Samsung should a balance sheet turnaround not happen, or happen too slowly.

Samsung would stand to benefit from BlackBerry�s partnerships with worldwide governments and carriers, as well as the backend security infrastructure that powers many*of the world�s biggest companies and agencies. But the Harper government has chosen in the past not to approve security-sensitive deals like this � without explicitly stating the reasons � such as 2013�s sale of Allstream to former WIND owner,*Naguib Sawiris. Lenovo was also rumoured to be looking into purchasing BlackBerry at some point, but its advances were reportedly shot down by Industry Canada before becoming public.

But just because an outright purchase is not in the cards doesn�t mean Samsung won�t continue to test the proverbial waters around Waterloo. The company has*shifted much of its design work to Silicon Valley, and it wouldn�t be surprising to see the Korean giant work with BlackBerry on growing its enterprise business, building a relationship similar to that of Apple and IBM.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 10:08 AM
    If the MobileSyrup article is accurate it would appear weird that Chen would proactively call the Industry Minister to confirm no buyout was in the cards. I would have thought if the Minister was concerned that he would be the one calling Chen.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 10:13 AM
    The WSJ reports Google is partnering with consulting giant PwC to bid on a $2B contract to update the DoD's electronic health records system. PwC says Google's tools could both improve the system's security and performance, and lower costs. A group featuring IBM, HP, and CSC has made a rival bid.

Posted via CB10
    Google providing high-level security you say?

Not likely before a Google car ends up being hacked and remotely driven through the front gates of the DoD with the message spray painted on the car's hood that reads "Gotcha"!

PS - I share the sentiment of some here that perhaps powerful people with positive interest in BlackBerry decided to do some counter-maneuvers with our SP with this latest rumor.
    A sort of blatant thumb to the eye to those shorting this stock. A 'get out of Dodge' if you will.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 01-19-15 at 12:48 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-19-15 10:44 AM
    For those fluent in French out there:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mYXHLKpEew

David Derrida is BlackBerry's Director of Product Management Europe.
    SF probably knows him.
    Will try and post a summary of the interview later. If anyone else wants to do it, please go ahead.
    Source: David Derrida : � BlackBerry est l� pour rester � ! | Blackberry 10
    Hey Corbu, thanks for this.
    There's probably nothing we don't know, yet; the keypoints :
    - BlackBerry focuses on Enterprise
    - Financial problems have been cleaned up : "we're on track with break even at the end of FY 2015"
    - Don't focus on turnover, mind the margins and $3Billion + in hands.
    - "BlackBerry is here to last"
    - Times when enterprise only had BlackBerry devices are over, we must back our clients with heterogeneous fleets, thus the platform agnostic BES platform support.
    - In a context when "leaks and scandals" in enterprise make the news almost every week, BlackBerry's always been and still is the most secure EMM platform (7 gov of G7, 7 of G20, ...) - [speaker acknowledges : "all experts recognize BlackBerry IS the most secure] (... 10 biggest banks, 10 biggest lawyers companies) we are the most secure solution and keep investing to maintain our position. (secusmart voice SMS encryption as an example).
    - Some references in French market (win back and conquest)
    - Wen the company was "for sale" last year a lot of enterprises where hesitant but we can count them back
    - Feb 2014 to now EZpass (-> BES12) = 6.8 Million licenses have been exchanged, including 30% from competitors. Yes we back our current customers but we also have new customers.
    - Devices demo; Passport ("we renew all our range") breaks all rules. New productivity efficient answer. Classic : for installed base, Bold and Curve users, in love with the pkb.

That's pretty much it !

P.S: David is really a nice and highly professional guy, met him and discussed several times with im in 1 to 1 and always had the answers ... he was granted to give
    01-19-15 11:13 AM
    No trade today on Nasdaq ? I still have yesterday's figures and chart on masdaq.com ... I must have missed something, I guess (sorry in advance)
    01-19-15 11:15 AM
    Martin Luther King Day today. It's a holiday.

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub, Superfly_FR and georg4BB like this.
    01-19-15 11:17 AM
    Hi Antoine, You might already know that can follow BB.TO on the Toronto exchange at

BB.TO Interactive Stock Chart | Yahoo! Inc. Stock - Yahoo! Finance

Note: Of course in the local currency of CDN dollars.

Cheers
    Last edited by rarsen; 01-19-15 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Added info on CDN dollars
    01-19-15 11:24 AM
    01-19-15 11:43 AM
    Samsung is Looking to expand partnerships with BlackBerry. Samsung is not looking to purchase BlackBerry.

Samsung is not looking to purchase BlackBerry.
    Samsung is looking to increase partnerships with BlackBerry.

Both statements say the the same thing but when all the news sources only use the first sentence in their headlines or on their ticker tape they have a very different meaning. No a surprise then that they all seem to highlight the sentence that puts a negative hue on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    01-19-15 11:52 AM
    Hey Corbu, thanks for this.
    There's probably nothing we don't know, yet; the keypoints :

<<SNIP>>

- Times when enterprise only had BlackBerry devices are over, we must back our clients with heterogeneous fleets, thus the platform agnostic BES platform support.
    Going platform agnostic actually helped IBM grow out of its mainframes-first/Not-Invented-Here mentality and formed the basis of its recovery that started in the mid-90's. It was a necessity for IBM back then and a necessity for BlackBerry today. Given today's tech landscape, it looks like BlackBerry's new-found platform agnosticism and historical focus on end-to-end security will only open doors and possibilities well into the future.
    01-19-15 12:46 PM
    quite a bit of reading, but a great read from a analyst (and CFA as well) that went to the same school Prem Watsa went to, IIT (Indian Institute of technology), one of the most difficult if not the most difficult to get into!

Puneet Sikka, CFA Puneet is a senior analyst at Market Realist. He has over 13 years’ experience working in the global technology sector. He worked previously as an analyst at Citigroup and as a research analyst for Trefis. Puneet was also a senior investment professional at Masan Private Equity. He received a degree in chemical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology.

Note that the below link has 10 parts, all on the same page, different subjects but all related to BBRY

Why more frequent data breaches are a positive for BlackBerry - Market Realist
    01-19-15 01:58 PM
    What app is that? Love the UI

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    My stocks portfolio...android app

"Data" the new Greed
    BACK-2-BLACK and 3MIKE like this.
    01-19-15 03:26 PM
    OT: Day by the pool and beach. Massage tonight then bistro Teresa in PV. Private fishing trip tomorrow with the uncle of one of the guys who works here.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150119_140536.jpg

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    01-19-15 03:43 PM
    "Samsung also said that Samsung wasn�t craving access to BlackBerry�s patent portfolio, calling attention to its own patent portfolio, which is one of the biggest in the technology world. Samsung said that as of the end of 2013, it has registered more than 110,000 patents globally, including more than 34,000 in the U.S."

Why would Samsung go through the trouble of commenting on a rumor and highlighting the fact they have no interest in their patent portfolio. How easy would it be for them to simply say we do not comment on speculation or rumors. Seems weird to me to go through the trouble. Except maybe to intentionally divert attention away?
    01-19-15 05:10 PM
    01-19-15 06:35 PM
113,256 ... 31433144314531463147 ...