View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT for weekend after-hours Related Technologies regarding a general question on Electric Vehicles. As electricity in contact with water is a problem, what happens when you drive in deep puddles or heavy rain storms? I would believe that all of the high-voltage components in the car are �sealed and waterproof�, but that may not be enough. I'm sure it has been looked into, maybe an experienced member can share their knowledge. And with increased usage of IoT (Internet of things), some other potential dangerous implications would need to be properly monitored. Would tend to believe this will favor Firms that have established very secure and reliable control systems.
    01-18-15 10:00 AM
    Boca. Now taking a boat trip to an island. =-D

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150118_103158.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150118_103137.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150118_103106.jpg

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    01-18-15 10:36 AM
    Blah blah blah,doom, blah blah gloom.
    Forbes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspen...lassic-review/

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    01-18-15 11:00 AM
    As usual I went straight to the comment section after seeing the title. I found it a little irony that all the call-out comments were from nobody but the author himself. I ended up skipping the article as well as author's comments.
    3MIKE and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-18-15 11:55 AM
    Blah blah blah,doom, blah blah gloom.
    Forbes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspen...lassic-review/

Posted via CB10
    For a review where he starts by quoting the definition of "review", he did anything but actually "review" this device.

I question that he even turned it on. Let's see he mentions it has: a keyboard, looks like a device from 5 years ago, has mid-range specs, and it's heavy. That was the extent of this "review".

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1154 | Bell | via CB10
    3MIKE, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-18-15 12:04 PM
    The WSJ reports Google is partnering with consulting giant PwC to bid on a $2B contract to update the DoD's electronic health records system. PwC says Google's tools could both improve the system's security and performance, and lower costs. A group featuring IBM, HP, and CSC has made a rival bid.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 12:05 PM
    Just saw this commercial.... kinda OT, kinda not actually....

http://www.betterhealthtogether.ca/

"Think digital health isn�t making a difference? Think again.

Every day, more of Canada�s health care system goes digital. It�s a private, secure, effective way to make health care better, for all of us."

I encourage you all to look at YouTube clips.... I swear, it is like BlackBerry wrote the script!
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 01-18-15 at 12:48 PM.
    01-18-15 12:16 PM
    The WSJ reports Google is partnering with consulting giant PwC to bid on a $2B contract to update the DoD's electronic health records system. PwC says Google's tools could both improve the system's security and performance, and lower costs. A group featuring IBM, HP, and CSC has made a rival bid.

Posted via CB10
    I truly forgot how secure Google is. Lol

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, bungaboy, CDM76 and 5 others like this.
    01-18-15 12:24 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150118_103158.jpg 
Views:	3273 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	328123

Name:	IMG_20150118_103137.jpg 
Views:	3264 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	328124

Name:	IMG_20150118_103106.jpg 
Views:	3269 
Size:	154.3 KB 
ID:	328125

That looks amazing. Jealous much!

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 02:39 PM
    Ben,
    Easy with the pictures. I still need to wait a month before I get there and you are driving me nuts.

Just kidding of course. Loven the memories

Posted from my PassPort
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-18-15 03:31 PM

You're on a boat!

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 04:02 PM
    You may have nice pics but I just watched the GB vs Seattle game. Holy smokes.

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor, b121, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    01-18-15 05:45 PM
    OT on the weekend with pictures of nice places when it is so cold in Montreal, has the mind drift to beautiful warm places south of us. Dimi as you travelled in that general area, are you familiar with <Foz do Igua�u> where I may have work obligations for a week in mid October - yet to be confirmed. What type of weather expected at that time of the year, what would be the closest airport?.
    morganplus8 and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-18-15 06:06 PM
    We went to Yelapa. What a day!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150118_121122.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150118_105302.jpg

01-18-15 06:32 PM
    http://www.itpro.co.uk/mobile/23869/...-before-buying

Nothing new here, except that the author isn't taking a "crap on BlackBerry " attitude.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-18-15 06:42 PM
    We went to Yelapa. What a day!!

Name:	IMG_20150118_121122.jpg 
Views:	1414 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	328220

Name:	IMG_20150118_105302.jpg 
Views:	1413 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	328221

Nice Maple Leaf!
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    01-18-15 06:44 PM
    Couldn't bother to even read it because of who authored the article.
    Have at 'er if you choose.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2826...ise-to-windows

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    01-18-15 06:46 PM
    http://www.nasdaq.com/article/a-look...ategy-cm433230

Pretty basic information. Was expecting more detail or something new.

A Look At BlackBerry's Internet of Things Strategy

BlackBerry ( BBRY ) introduced a comprehensive cloud based Internet of Things (IoT) platform earlier this week.* The term Internet of Things refers to the idea that everyday products such as home appliances and industrial equipment are connected to the Internet and are able to communicate with one another. *While IoT has been a hot buzzword in the tech industry over the last few years, it has been gaining meaningful traction of late with*most large technology companies announcing new product developments and deals. According to market research firm Gartner, the number of networked devices globally will rise from about 5 billion in 2015 to 25 billion by 2020. BlackBerry's platform will build upon the Project Ion initiative that it launched last May, and will leverage technologies that have enabled the company to become a leader in the mobile data security and embedded systems industries. The solution will be initially targeted towards areas that manage highly mobile, high-value resources such as the shipping and automotive sectors. However, the company intends to eventually extend the platform into other areas including the smart energy sector and the healthcare field.

We have a $10 price estimate for BlackBerry , which is slightly below the current market price.

See our complete analysis for BlackBerry here

QNX Software, Secure Network Infrastructure Play A Key Role

BlackBerry appears to have the right combination of strengths to be successful in the IoT space. Firstly, the company has a robust operating system that can power networked devices, in the form of the QNX embedded systems software. QNX is known to power embedded systems in cars, industrial applications, medical devices and other mission critical applications (see A Look At BlackBerry's QNX Business ). Additionally, BlackBerry has its roots in the efficient and secure delivery of data, via the messaging and security functions of its secure global network infrastructure. According to BlackBerry, its IoT *platform includes several features for device management, including application enablement, over-the-air software updating and log collection. The platform, which is*modular and cloud-based, will allow customers to build IoT applications in a secure and scalable way.

We believe that BlackBerry's strategy of beginning with the automotive and industrial sector is a step in the right direction, given that the company has strong credibility with enterprise customers. Additionally, businesses are likely to buy into the IoT trend sooner than customers, given the benefits of greater control, efficiency, data logging and analytics that the solution could provide. BlackBerry's solid reputation for security could also provide a competitive advantage as security has been a concern in the IoT market, since the connectivity could give hackers opportunities to break into devices that have so far been isolated from the internet.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    01-18-15 06:52 PM
    http://www.itpro.co.uk/mobile/23869/...-before-buying

Nothing new here, except that the author isn't taking a "crap on BlackBerry " attitude.

Posted via CB10
    I stopped reading when I saw "requires to handed use". If the author can't even spell "two " correctly I don't give weight to anything else that they have to say.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 09:28 PM
    Couldn't bother to even read it because of who authored the article.
    Have at 'er if you choose.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2826...ise-to-windows

Posted via CB10
    But yet posting the link here will probably mean a bunch of ppl will click the link supporting the author..... even if they just curious. As such, I've copied the article below :

Summary
    BlackBerry appears to be refocusing its efforts toward serving the enterprise market with software and services.
    Windows is likely to emerge as a real alternative to the Android/iOS mobile duopoly in enterprise.
    Conservative investors should consider selling out of BlackBerry positions.
    Weak performance in enterprise may expand BlackBerry's bottom line losses.
    BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) CEO John Chen, as part of his turnaround plan, has articulated a commitment to close mobile sales to enterprise customers. In recent months, BlackBerry launched its Passport and Classic devices, with an apparent eye toward serving the productivity class. By the end of 2013, Simon Jary and PC Advisor had already concluded that Google's (NASDAQ:GOOG) (NASDAQ:GOOGL) Android enterprise was set to steal share from Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) iOS and "bury" BlackBerry. In reality, however, it is likely that Microsoft's (NASDAQ:MSFT) Windows Phone poses the most formidable challenge to BlackBerry sales in enterprise.

BlackBerry And Enterprise
    The enterprise market may be defined as volume sales to private businesses, government officials and academia. As such, enterprise customers are more so concerned with security and productivity features, than they are with social and entertainment applications. A recent report out of research firm Good Technology may confirm the presence of a dominant iOS/Android duopoly in the smartphone market. According to Good Technology, iOS and Android controlled respective 69% and 29% shares of the enterprise market through calendar Q3 2014. Good Technology cited the recent launch of the iPhone 6 as the primary driver behind Apple's strong showing in the quarter.

Good Technology also estimated that Windows Phone carried a mere 1% of the enterprise mobile market last quarter, which was consistent with its performance throughout the past year. Beyond Windows, the report left the final 1% of the mobile enterprise market to the ubiquitous "other." Be further advised, however, that the results of the report may be somewhat misleading, especially in regards to BlackBerry. Good Technology has already indicated:

Due to the fact that RIM devices use only the BlackBerry Enterprise Server for corporate email access, Good does not have insight into BlackBerry handset activation trends; and they are not reflected in this report.

In any event, BlackBerry's share of the enterprise market is likely to be relatively small, as evidenced by recent comScore data that indicated weakening consumer market share for the company. Going forward, Chen has signaled his intent for BlackBerry to better serve the enterprise market with software and services, rather than simply cranking out hardware. In 2013, BlackBerry did successfully negotiate an agreement for Taiwanese company Foxconn (OTC:FXCOF) to manufacture its hardware and manage inventory.

As such, BlackBerry officials have implied that the company may literally piggyback on the success of Android and iOS, as Waterloo shifts its emphasis away from strict hardware and software integration. Last November, BlackBerry unveiled Enterprise Service 12 (BES 12) at an industry event in San Francisco. As a primary selling point, Chen reiterated throughout his presentation that BES 12 would support both iOS and Android hardware. As part of this arrangement, BlackBerry has already partnered with Samsung (OTC:SSNLF) to provide comprehensive security features for the Korean company's Android devices.

The Microsoft Machine
    The aforementioned BlackBerry software and strategy has left Microsoft as a dangerous and formidable wildcard to build out its own Windows infrastructure in mobile enterprise. Microsoft, of course, already dominates the server and enterprise software space. As a software juggernaut, Windows systems now run more than 90% of all desktop computers. For its fiscal 2014 year, which ended June 30, the Microsoft Commercial Licensing division generated $38.6 billion in gross margins on $42 billion in segment revenue. The Microsoft Commercial Licensing operating segment accounted for server products in conjunction with the volume, or enterprise, licensing of Windows and Office software.

For the sake of comparison, Microsoft Phone Hardware accounted for $54 million in gross margins upon $2 billion in net sales through this latest fiscal year. In all, Microsoft racked up $22 billion in net income, $32.2 billion in operational cash flow and $86.8 billion in revenue for its fiscal 2014. If anything, Microsoft can ultimately leverage its incredible financial firepower to challenge Android and iOS and further bury BlackBerry at the bottom of the mobile enterprise totem pole. The Xbox gaming console may serve as evidence that a committed Microsoft can literally throw cash into mature technologies and steal share away from lesser players.

In recent months, BlackBerry has brought its Passport and Classic handsets to market, in conjunction with the aforementioned BES 12 software. The aptly-named Classic was designed as a throwback to BlackBerry's 2008 heyday, as it prominently features the QWERTY keyboard. As a product suite, however, BlackBerry lacks the "killer" application to make real headway in the enterprise market. Alternatively, new iterations of the Windows Phone and Surface tablet have shown marked improvement. At the very least, Microsoft is poised to rack up sales within the education market, behind its new mobile machines, cloud computing and universal Windows software. For Microsoft, this projected mobile enterprise growth will arrive largely at the expense of BlackBerry and its turnaround plans.

The Bottom Line
    The BlackBerry Q3 2015 books listed out $6.5 billion in total assets above $3.2 billion in total liabilities on the balance sheet, as of November 29, 2014. The BlackBerry Q3 2015 balance sheet included $445 million in deferred revenue, which will ultimately be recognized on the net income statement. In effect, BlackBerry most recently carried $3.7 billion, or $7.05 per share, in intangible book value. BlackBerry shares last changed hands at $10.10 at the January 15 closing bell. BlackBerry investors endured dramatic volatility between January 14 and January 15, as executives have dismissed rumors that Samsung was in talks to purchase BlackBerry.

With the smoke clearing, Wall Street traders have now valued BlackBerry at $5.3 billion in market capitalization. At these levels, investors are likely placing bets that BlackBerry will ultimately grow its top line and return to profitability. A loss of enterprise business to Microsoft, however, may undermine this thesis. In theory, assets that cannot be leveraged to turn profits must depreciate toward zero. Last year, BlackBerry racked up $4.4 billion in losses, after taking $3.8 billion in Q3 2014 inventory write-down and asset impairment charges. At that time, BlackBerry was then coming off a Z10 launch that even Business Insider thoroughly dismissed as a "disaster."

Last quarter, BlackBerry posted $148 million in net losses on $793 million in Q3 2015 revenue. Going forward, weak BES 12 and Classic product launches may only add to selling, marketing and administration costs without igniting real top-line growth for BlackBerry. Conservative investors might even consider immediately selling out of their BlackBerry positions and taking that cash to dollar-cost-average into shares of Microsoft stock. An eventual strong showing for Microsoft in mobile enterprise sales may catalyze another leg of growth out of Redmond.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr, rarsen, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    01-18-15 09:31 PM
    But yet posting the link here will probably mean a bunch of ppl will click the link supporting the author..... even if they just curious. As such, I've copied the article below :

Summary
    BlackBerry appears to be refocusing its efforts toward serving the enterprise market with software and services.
    Windows is likely to emerge as a real alternative to the Android/iOS mobile duopoly in enterprise.
    Conservative investors should consider selling out of BlackBerry positions.
    Weak performance in enterprise may expand BlackBerry's bottom line losses.
    BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) CEO John Chen, as part of his turnaround plan, has articulated a commitment to close mobile sales to enterprise customers. In recent months, BlackBerry launched its Passport and Classic devices, with an apparent eye toward serving the productivity class. By the end of 2013, Simon Jary and PC Advisor had already concluded that Google's (NASDAQ:GOOG) (NASDAQ:GOOGL) Android enterprise was set to steal share from Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) iOS and "bury" BlackBerry. In reality, however, it is likely that Microsoft's (NASDAQ:MSFT) Windows Phone poses the most formidable challenge to BlackBerry sales in enterprise.

BlackBerry And Enterprise
    The enterprise market may be defined as volume sales to private businesses, government officials and academia. As such, enterprise customers are more so concerned with security and productivity features, than they are with social and entertainment applications. A recent report out of research firm Good Technology may confirm the presence of a dominant iOS/Android duopoly in the smartphone market. According to Good Technology, iOS and Android controlled respective 69% and 29% shares of the enterprise market through calendar Q3 2014. Good Technology cited the recent launch of the iPhone 6 as the primary driver behind Apple's strong showing in the quarter.

Good Technology also estimated that Windows Phone carried a mere 1% of the enterprise mobile market last quarter, which was consistent with its performance throughout the past year. Beyond Windows, the report left the final 1% of the mobile enterprise market to the ubiquitous "other." Be further advised, however, that the results of the report may be somewhat misleading, especially in regards to BlackBerry. Good Technology has already indicated:

Due to the fact that RIM devices use only the BlackBerry Enterprise Server for corporate email access, Good does not have insight into BlackBerry handset activation trends; and they are not reflected in this report.

In any event, BlackBerry's share of the enterprise market is likely to be relatively small, as evidenced by recent comScore data that indicated weakening consumer market share for the company. Going forward, Chen has signaled his intent for BlackBerry to better serve the enterprise market with software and services, rather than simply cranking out hardware. In 2013, BlackBerry did successfully negotiate an agreement for Taiwanese company Foxconn (OTC:FXCOF) to manufacture its hardware and manage inventory.

As such, BlackBerry officials have implied that the company may literally piggyback on the success of Android and iOS, as Waterloo shifts its emphasis away from strict hardware and software integration. Last November, BlackBerry unveiled Enterprise Service 12 (BES 12) at an industry event in San Francisco. As a primary selling point, Chen reiterated throughout his presentation that BES 12 would support both iOS and Android hardware. As part of this arrangement, BlackBerry has already partnered with Samsung (OTC:SSNLF) to provide comprehensive security features for the Korean company's Android devices.

The Microsoft Machine
    The aforementioned BlackBerry software and strategy has left Microsoft as a dangerous and formidable wildcard to build out its own Windows infrastructure in mobile enterprise. Microsoft, of course, already dominates the server and enterprise software space. As a software juggernaut, Windows systems now run more than 90% of all desktop computers. For its fiscal 2014 year, which ended June 30, the Microsoft Commercial Licensing division generated $38.6 billion in gross margins on $42 billion in segment revenue. The Microsoft Commercial Licensing operating segment accounted for server products in conjunction with the volume, or enterprise, licensing of Windows and Office software.

For the sake of comparison, Microsoft Phone Hardware accounted for $54 million in gross margins upon $2 billion in net sales through this latest fiscal year. In all, Microsoft racked up $22 billion in net income, $32.2 billion in operational cash flow and $86.8 billion in revenue for its fiscal 2014. If anything, Microsoft can ultimately leverage its incredible financial firepower to challenge Android and iOS and further bury BlackBerry at the bottom of the mobile enterprise totem pole. The Xbox gaming console may serve as evidence that a committed Microsoft can literally throw cash into mature technologies and steal share away from lesser players.

In recent months, BlackBerry has brought its Passport and Classic handsets to market, in conjunction with the aforementioned BES 12 software. The aptly-named Classic was designed as a throwback to BlackBerry's 2008 heyday, as it prominently features the QWERTY keyboard. As a product suite, however, BlackBerry lacks the "killer" application to make real headway in the enterprise market. Alternatively, new iterations of the Windows Phone and Surface tablet have shown marked improvement. At the very least, Microsoft is poised to rack up sales within the education market, behind its new mobile machines, cloud computing and universal Windows software. For Microsoft, this projected mobile enterprise growth will arrive largely at the expense of BlackBerry and its turnaround plans.

The Bottom Line
    The BlackBerry Q3 2015 books listed out $6.5 billion in total assets above $3.2 billion in total liabilities on the balance sheet, as of November 29, 2014. The BlackBerry Q3 2015 balance sheet included $445 million in deferred revenue, which will ultimately be recognized on the net income statement. In effect, BlackBerry most recently carried $3.7 billion, or $7.05 per share, in intangible book value. BlackBerry shares last changed hands at $10.10 at the January 15 closing bell. BlackBerry investors endured dramatic volatility between January 14 and January 15, as executives have dismissed rumors that Samsung was in talks to purchase BlackBerry.

With the smoke clearing, Wall Street traders have now valued BlackBerry at $5.3 billion in market capitalization. At these levels, investors are likely placing bets that BlackBerry will ultimately grow its top line and return to profitability. A loss of enterprise business to Microsoft, however, may undermine this thesis. In theory, assets that cannot be leveraged to turn profits must depreciate toward zero. Last year, BlackBerry racked up $4.4 billion in losses, after taking $3.8 billion in Q3 2014 inventory write-down and asset impairment charges. At that time, BlackBerry was then coming off a Z10 launch that even Business Insider thoroughly dismissed as a "disaster."

Last quarter, BlackBerry posted $148 million in net losses on $793 million in Q3 2015 revenue. Going forward, weak BES 12 and Classic product launches may only add to selling, marketing and administration costs without igniting real top-line growth for BlackBerry. Conservative investors might even consider immediately selling out of their BlackBerry positions and taking that cash to dollar-cost-average into shares of Microsoft stock. An eventual strong showing for Microsoft in mobile enterprise sales may catalyze another leg of growth out of Redmond.

Posted via CB10
    Well I guess I'll have to skip over your post as well. Since I don't want to read Seeking Alfa trash.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    01-18-15 09:37 PM

You must have been using a iPhone to take these pictures everybody knows you can't take pictures with a BlackBerry. Sarcasm.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 09:51 PM
    BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) CEO John Chen, as part of his turnaround plan, has articulated a commitment to close mobile sales to enterprise customers.
    So John Chen is not selling mobile devices to Enterprise customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The enterprise market may be defined as volume sales to private businesses, government officials and academia. As such, enterprise customers are more so concerned with security and productivity features, than they are with social and entertainment applications
    I think he needs to read one of my post in regards to apps and their security issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A recent report out of research firm Good Technology may confirm the presence of a dominant iOS/Android duopoly in the smartphone market. According to Good Technology, iOS and Android controlled respective 69% and 29% shares of the enterprise market through calendar Q3 2014. Good Technology cited the recent launch of the iPhone 6 as the primary driver behind Apple's strong showing in the quarter.
    I just laughed so much when i read who the report is coming from!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Technology!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to stop reading this ****.
    01-18-15 09:51 PM
    OT I thought this would be interesting, just skip the commercial. .

You are what you buy.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?play=1&video=3000346757
    01-19-15 06:01 AM
    Ben,
    Easy with the pictures. I still need to wait a month before I get there and you are driving me nuts.

Just kidding of course. Loven the memories

Posted from my PassPort
    Smells like a possible meetup ... will be in "Club Mediteran�e" in Cancun at the end of next month ...
    01-19-15 06:57 AM
113,256 ... 31423143314431453146 ...