Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Great "Coles Notes" on the Bes 12 implementation /Easy Pass end dates:
    http://www.bblogs.info/2015/01/bes-e...tual-licenses/

June ER is going to be very interesting.

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 11 others like this.
    01-17-15 08:40 AM
    Exactly, which is a major reason why Chen squashed it so fast.

Samsung + BES12 ownership won't fly for Common Wealth nations, Gov't, Law Enforcement, etc.

Someone also mentioned that BlackBerry did not want the SP to soar so fast, but perhaps someone else can comment further on that.
    Prem Doesn't care about stock price movements for hopefully cheb doesn't.

You take care of the business and the stock price will follow.

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    01-17-15 08:52 AM
    OT but interesting...another step in the right direction IMO:
    https://gigaom.com/2015/01/16/in-sur...e=GeneralUsers

Classically Posted.
    rarsen and CDM76 like this.
    01-17-15 09:27 AM
    I am at Amsterdam airport. All electronics store here seem to carry iPhone and Samsung devices. No BlackBerry in sight anywhere in any of airport electronic stores. Galaxy Alpha, Note4, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are plentiful though.

Posted via CB10
    Did you ask about BlackBerry?

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-17-15 09:40 AM
    Prem Doesn't care about stock price movements for hopefully cheb doesn't.

You take care of the business and the stock price will follow.

Posted via CB10
    They may not care about SP movements. Though what would be the perception and spin from a dramatic reversal of the stock price after being "overly inflated" for a few days then crashing back down?

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-17-15 09:45 AM
    So JC is full of it then?

Posted with X10 via CB10
    I would believe it is not a buy out offer because their statement was carefully worded. I think we will hear more on partnerships by next ER

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 09:48 AM
    I would believe it is not a buy out offer because their statement was carefully worded. I think we will hear more on partnerships by next ER

Posted via CB10
    What could bbry want from Samsung? Some may be thinking that Samsung could license bb10 but this type of partnership was not accretive or beneficial for Windows Phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 10:09 AM
    What could bbry want from Samsung? Some may be thinking that Samsung could license bb10 but this type of partnership was not accretive or beneficial for Windows Phone.

Posted via CB10
    Think outside of hardware it would not be hard to believe that the next partnership would all be about IOT, samsung at ces made it clear they want in on that market and it solidify that with their recent purchase of an iot company. Samsung can provide products while BlackBerry secures and manages everything on their servers. Remember this is a huge upcoming market.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 10:17 AM
    01-17-15 01:23 PM
    RMR (this week):

bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 11 others like this.
    01-17-15 01:24 PM
    RMR (this week):

This is so good in many ways!
    01-17-15 01:34 PM
    This is so good in many ways!
    Sweet shot of the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 02:25 PM
    Hey Ben,
    Take the local bus down to Boca and then a water taxi over to ocean grill. Nice experience...food is OK. The picture is from the trail above the beach.
    The best food is at bistro teresa in PV. Tell them tina, Laura's Canadian sister sent you. Get there in time for the sunset.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140228_114056.jpg

Posted from my PassPort
    01-17-15 06:22 PM
    These are some awesome pictures! Really liked the select few involving water and "scenery". Lol. I hope you guys on vacation live it up and have a great time. We'll hold down the fort back here for ya. Feel free to post more "scenery" though! LOL

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    01-17-15 06:54 PM
    Hey Ben,
    Take the local bus down to Boca and then a water taxi over to ocean grill. Nice experience...food is OK. The picture is from the trail above the beach.
    The best food is at bistro teresa in PV. Tell them tina, Laura's Canadian sister sent you. Get there in time for the sunset.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140228_114056.jpg 
Views:	1318 
Size:	141.2 KB 
ID:	328036

Posted from my PassPort
    DREXcb, thank you very much for the recommendations. We had your place marked down to eat. Gotta love the wonder peeps on this thread.

We ate at Casa Traditional in PV. Met the whole family and the chefs and son named Oscar. Our waiter was named Freddie...real name...they were all wonderfully kind to us!!!

Thanks again B&M

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    01-17-15 07:07 PM
    Nice pictures gang!

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-17-15 08:14 PM
    01-17-15 08:21 PM
    The biggest concern about potential BlackBerry buyout is dumping out BB after
    only taking patents. When looking back last year when BB was on cliff edge, Bid
    consortium was only interested in patents portfolio. Motorola merging w/ Google
    was perfect case about that. If Samsung buys BB, looking like following the path.
    Probably dumping to Lenovo after all.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-17-15 08:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    When BB announced their partnership with Samsung, they went on to mention how the partnership was to benefit both parties.
    In this case, BB has the security/tech/products for enterprise and Samsung has the contact points/exposure.

It reminds me of the University days in engineering where you had two main groups....

1. The cool kids that were popular, had the girls, new the cool places, invited to the parties, had free passes at the door, and where to get hooked up with the kegs....
    2. The nerdy/geeky kids had all assignments and lab work done, were TAs, could easily devise Gaussian Elimination from first principles, or illustrate how quantifying errors in curve fit assumptions work...

combine the 2

The nerdy/geeky kids that gave the assignments to the cool kids.... got invited to the cool parties and of course met the girls....

They couldn't do that on their own.
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 01-18-15 at 09:31 AM.
    01-17-15 08:55 PM
    When BB announced their partnership with Samsung, they went on to mention how the partnership was to benefit both parties.
    In this case, BB has the security/tech/products for enterprise and Samsung has the contact points/exposure.

It reminds me of the University days in engineering where you had two main groups....

1. The cool kids that were popular, had the girls, new the cool places, invited to the parties, had free passes at the door, and where to get hooked up with the kegs....
    2. The nerdy/geeky kids had all assignments and lab work done, were TAs, could easily devise Gaussian Elimination from first principles, or illustrate how quantifying errors in curve fit assumptions work...

combine the 2

The nerdy/geeky kids that gave the assingments to the cool kids.... got invited to the cool parties and of course met the girls....

So if I understand correctly, if we partner up with Samsung we're gonna meet some girls XD
    01-17-15 10:53 PM
    So if I understand correctly, if we partner up with Samsung we're gonna meet some girls XD
    JC will get a better understanding of "sexy" !
    lol
    3MIKE, Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    01-17-15 11:38 PM

combine the 2

The nerdy/geeky kids that gave the assingments to the cool kids.... got invited to the cool parties and of course met the girls....

Exactly. One day (soon), we're going to be the ones that do the hard work that makes everyone's life easier.

This is the exact principle behind my investment/fanboyism in BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    01-18-15 12:48 AM
    Think outside of hardware it would not be hard to believe that the next partnership would all be about IOT, samsung at ces made it clear they want in on that market and it solidify that with their recent purchase of an iot company. Samsung can provide products while BlackBerry secures and manages everything on their servers. Remember this is a huge upcoming market.

Posted via CB10
    My uneducated guess would be that within 2 years we will see Samsung fridges, dishwashers, laundry machines, blenders, light bulbs, tvs, etc all running QNX to keep them connected on the IOT. Similarly to how QNX is used for infotainment systems currently.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 02:31 AM
    Another reason beyond patents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why you should think twice before downloading an app
    rarsen, awindsr, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    01-18-15 07:53 AM
    @Ben : we also have our green sea here
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    rarsen, 3MIKE, lech31 and 2 others like this.
    01-18-15 07:57 AM
113,250 ... 31413142314331443145 ...