View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Chen said in an interview recently that a 15 bid is much too low. So he wants more time to show growth which will bring the stock to 20 then he can get a 30 buyout.

Posted via CB10
    Anyone have a link to the interview?
    01-15-15 07:24 AM
    Wow, there's a lot of pre-market trading going on. Already over 1M shares traded an hour prior to market open.
    01-15-15 07:27 AM
    Ach, not a good day to be short BB, trading pre-market now at $10.90 USA = $12.96 CDN 300k shares, massive short covering will be in play pre-market and at the open. Enjoy!

Bonus, indices and futures are now green Investing.com - Stock Market Quotes & Financial News

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Pre-Market Trading - NASDAQ.com

Attachment 327472
    Seriously, do you not think that we all follow this stuff as a normal course?
    01-15-15 07:33 AM
    Reuters seems to be sticking with its story:

Exclusive: Samsung talks to BlackBerry about $7.5 billion buyout: source
    BY JENNIFER ABLAN AND LIANA B. BAKER
    NEW YORK/SEOUL Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:36am EST

Exclusive: Samsung talks to BlackBerry about $7.5 billion buyout: source | Reuters
    01-15-15 07:38 AM
    Anyone have a link to the interview?
    Here you go.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150115_083549_edit.png

http://www.bnn.ca/Video/player.aspx?vid=482937

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 07:40 AM
    Merci SuperFly

I'm in since 2,5 years with some transactions, and quite happy to be here.
    01-15-15 07:49 AM
    I can ear some nervous shorts ... the *rumored* valuation effect ...
    Expect A Takeover Of BlackBerry In 2015 - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha

Yesterday rumors started to surface that Samsung (OTC:SSNLF) may want to buy BBRY, and although BBRY has denied being in talks with Samsung, it is this level of candidate that we believe will buy BBRY in the months ahead. Regardless if it is Samsung or some other technology firm, we believe that BBRY is an exceptional takeover play now that the turnaround story is being recognized by Wall Street.
    01-15-15 07:55 AM
    Reuters seems to be sticking with its story:

Exclusive: Samsung talks to BlackBerry about $7.5 billion buyout: source
    BY JENNIFER ABLAN AND LIANA B. BAKER
    NEW YORK/SEOUL Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:36am EST

Exclusive: Samsung talks to BlackBerry about $7.5 billion buyout: source | Reuters
    Why not. Nobody is saying proposals haven't been made. None got out of the proposal stage because the price is much to low

Just had a SA headline go by. Expect a buyout in 2015. Probaby too soon but who knows. If $15 is too low what is the Goldilocks number?

$15 too low, $100 was a joke. $25 and up would have to be taken to the board.

What number would make the debenture holders sell and make Watsa look good?

Posted with my flash Passport
    01-15-15 07:58 AM
    Why not. Nobody is saying proposals haven't been made. None got out of the proposal stage because the price is much to low

Just had a SA headline go by. Expect a buyout in 2015. Probaby too soon but who knows. If $15 is too low what is the Goldilocks number?

I can work with $80

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    01-15-15 08:07 AM
    If BlackBerry carries on with growth and the stock keeps gaining each year.

After 5 yrs

The debenture holder would get stocks at 16-18 per share making a 60-80 percent profit on share price

They also would have collected the interest for all of that time adding the equivalent of another 30%

That is a big premium a buyer would have to match.

To me it looks like a minimum of $20 to satisfy the debenture holders. They won't want shares of the buyer. Another way to see it is most of the cash would go to this. Leaving about 1B.

The debentures cause a gravitational SP pull towards $10 and also make a buyout tougher.

laketrout73 and ZayDub like this.
    01-15-15 08:09 AM
    Yah 80 is ok. $100 would be gauche. Too greedy

ZayDub and BACK-2-BLACK like this.
    01-15-15 08:10 AM

"BlackBerry has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry."

Those words are carefully chosen. This is a publicly traded company and the rules are very specific about what they can and cannot say. "The proposal stage..." would be a discussion. BlackBerry is saying that did not happen
    morganplus8 and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-15-15 08:11 AM
    We're all in full speculation mode. Beware.
    But, if Chen's turnaround is a reality and MS proven FUD ... then I can see no reason why BlackBerry would agree a takeover.
    There's no dividends as of date but this might be something we have to monitor now. What if, despite a niche market and a non-fight position on consumer's one, Chen and team succeed to raise GM above the 60% (remember: we are talking mostly about sw & services) and generates a nice milk cow ?
    Would they tend to risk back in the consumers' or take the money (V.S the #3 spot "glory") and be happy with it ?

I for one won't bet on a consumers' conquest action (marketing and products) before 3 to 5 years [pure speculation]

all the above : thinking out loud.
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    01-15-15 08:15 AM
    This Volume is unreal in the PM
    01-15-15 08:22 AM
    This thing isnt going to trade sideways , it going up big or its tanking
    01-15-15 08:27 AM
    01-15-15 08:30 AM
    I'm literally counting the seconds now. This is going to be an exciting day.

My belief is that many companies have approached BlackBerry, but (as Chen said), they are not entertaining offers right now. I believe Samsung and BlackBerry have probably had informal discussions, Samsung drew up some papers, but it never came to be.

I think this has people taking another look at the value of BlackBerry because they can't comprehend all of the news from BlackBerry. If true, the multiple interest shows that what BlackBerry is doing is a very desirable direction for many companies, so the groundwork they have been putting down now seems to be more important.

And then there is the short-frying of yesterday. Helps in the short-run, but will they pile up even more now?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 08:30 AM
    Remember Da Fiddle!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-fiddle-dec-19-2014-2.jpg
    01-15-15 08:32 AM
    Remember Da Fiddle!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Fiddle Dec 19 2014 2.jpg 
Views:	936 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	327489
    And it's following your fiddle LOL

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-15-15 08:39 AM
    Yesterday in the space of 15 minutes 6 million shares earned someone $5.2 million!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-nasdaq-jan-14-2015-2.jpg
    Soumaila Somtore and CDM76 like this.
    01-15-15 08:42 AM
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/blogs/d...142754283.html
    Samsung may need BlackBerry, but the feeling isn't mutual

It may seem like an odd recipe for a marriage, the world�s largest consumer mobile handset vendor and a fallen Canadian icon that�s long been - and could once again be - the darling of the suit-and-tie-wearing set. But investor response to a report yesterday that Korean conglomerate Samsung was in talks to acquire BlackBerry in a deal that could be valued up to US$7.5 billion reaffirms market confidence that the Waterloo-based company still retains significant value. And still holds the potential to attract the interest of global-scale players.

A known quantity

We�ve been down this road before, of course. In August and September 2013, when BlackBerry was quite possibly at its lowest point and it was actively looking for a buyer, Samsung was a leading contender. And ever since then, speculation about the two companies possibly coming together in some form has never fully extinguished.

This largely explains why investor reaction - the stock shot up 30 per cent when the report first broke, then down by 16 per cent in after-hours trading when BlackBerry issued a statement denying it was in talks - was so swift and so extreme in both directions.

It surprised precisely no one that BlackBerry and Samsung denied that they�re in talks. A closer look at Samsung�s and BlackBerry�s relative trajectories reveals why the environment isn�t conducive to a merger or acquisition anytime soon, if at all.

Samsung getting desperate?

In many respects, Samsung needs a deal more than BlackBerry. The wounded giant of the mobile market has spent the better part of the last year wrestling with falling sales, market share and margin. In the most recent quarter, Gartner reports Samsung�s global smartphone sales fell to 73.2 million from 80.3 million in the year-ago quarter, and its market share slid from 32.1 per cent to 24.4 per cent. Perhaps even more troubling, sales were off 28.6 per cent in China, Samsung�s largest market.

With its consumer fortunes slipping, Samsung is looking for safe harbour, and BlackBerry�s strength in the enterprise space offers all that and more. Blackberry would give Samsung credibility in a market where reputation is everything and long-lead buying cycles and margin-heavy contracts and subscriptions are a marked contrast to the brutally commoditized economics of the consumer space.

BlackBerry has been rapidly expanding its portfolio of back-end and device management solutions at a time when high-profile hackings and breaches are prompting businesses to look for trustworthy solutions. This positions the company well as it pivots away from its once-dominant handset business, and reinforces the belief that there�s no burning need for it to sell out anytime soon.

Already partners

That the two companies have operational history has only added fuel to the speculative fire. Last November they announced a partnership to bring BlackBerry security to the Android platform - another signal that Samsung�s security efforts to-date, largely wrapped around its Knox 2.0 offering, weren�t gaining sufficient traction. Although any potential merger or acquisition would likely have to wrestle with significant cultural and business process compatibility and integration issues - as well as a range of regulatory hurdles, including Industry Canada approval - knowing who you�re dealing with in advance certainly can�t hurt.

Beyond their shared history, the companies complement each other relatively well. There aren�t a whole lot of areas where the two companies directly compete or otherwise clash. In that light, Samsung is like a deep pocketed big brother who can provide global scale and resources to BlackBerry, while BlackBerry gives Samsung much-needed credibility in the enterprise space. BlackBerry�s trove of 44,000 patents - worth upwards of $2 billion - is another appealing jewel for Samsung.

In addition to the patents, the BlackBerry brand itself still retains significant value among its core market. Even in the unlikely event that BlackBerry ultimately accepts an offer - from Samsung or anyone else - any buyer would do well to leave the brand intact as it looks for other ways to combine resources and find new value.

No need to sell out

Despite the roller coaster ride of the last couple of years and the almost total global consumer market share collapse that prompted BlackBerry�s shift back to the enterprise, the company is emerging from its radical transformation well positioned to capitalize on the business market�s growing demand for secure, single-source solutions for growing fleets of diverse mobile devices and services.

Samsung�s go-forward options are far more limited than BlackBerry�s. If it doesn�t outright purchase the Waterloo, Ont., company, expect it to pursue additional partnerships and joint ventures as it tries to steady itself in an increasingly turbulent consumer market. Purchase offers for other enterprise-focused tech companies further afield are also likely.

While the long-term future of BlackBerry remains something of a work in progress, CEO John Chen�s runway shows no signs of running out anytime soon, and there�s no need to rush into any sort of deal. For now, at least, BlackBerry is doing just fine on its own, and there�s nothing to suggest that will change anytime soon.
    01-15-15 08:43 AM
    This thing isnt going to trade sideways , it going up big or its tanking
    Apparently it is going to trade sideways :|

...for now anyways. I expect more news today.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-15-15 08:44 AM
    10 million shares in the first 10 mins of trading. 77% of it's average daily volume in 10 minutes. My casual observation after seeing the initial news yesterday was about 30 million shares traded hands on the news was about the last 20-30 mins of trading.

Huge numbers
    01-15-15 08:44 AM
    10 million shares in the first 10 mins of trading. 77% of it's average daily volume in 10 minutes. My casual observation after seeing the initial news yesterday was about 30 million shares traded hands on the news was about the last 20-30 mins of trading.

Huge numbers
    Pent up demand = game of Chicken?
    01-15-15 08:47 AM
    How in tar nations can a stock trade sideways with that kind of volume?

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    01-15-15 08:50 AM
113,256 ... 31323133313431353136 ...