View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Some good points mentioned in the posts above..... even though the statements are not in sync it looks like "something" is there with credible sources making statements.... question is what exactly is happening still remains unknown.

The way I see it, all this has to be good for BB, even if the current talk doesn't turn out to be that great...

maybe it is details around the Knox partnership being formalized ?

either way: WAY TOO MUCH VALUE announced at CES and the competition is seeing this naturally.
    01-14-15 08:06 PM
    And what about the possible implications in the IOT world. Samsung Blackberry connected apliances.....
    01-14-15 08:12 PM
    Thank you for your response, M8.
    You are awesome!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:13 PM
    Exactly how much better would it be to be able to have literally two two phones in one. A company phone that's secure that has its own number that the company would pay for and your own personal phone phone with its own personal number and apps that is private with out having the inconvenience of having to carry and keep track of two separate phones.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, anything is possible in a world of technology. Could not say it any better. I keep going back to what John Chen said, a software that would make people use one phone, hopefully a BlackBerry ( not his exact words, so don't quote me) . This is killing me and the last few brain cells I have!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    01-14-15 08:15 PM
    If an acquisition of BB by Samsung does come to fruition at any point, I think it is for other reasons than phones. Samsung has been making strategic acquisitions to go inline with their greater ambitions outside of phones, which we know are declining. They pushed that message really hard at CES and are doing so as well, with the Tizen push on home devices. I look at Smart Things (home automation) and PrinterOn (secure cloud bases printing) as two recent strategic acquisitions.

Where BB really comes in play in my opinion, is with its network infrastructure needed to support these connected devices, coupled with patents which likely outline details over BB's proprietary network infrastructure. Instead of building that network, Samsung is likely buying a strong infrastructure in place which they can easily expand and strength with more cash. Further, I believe that BB has the software talent which Samsung could need as Samsung isn't know well for its software.

Lastly, PrinterOn which I mentioned earlier, is a Canadian company. Therefore, Samsung is familiar and has gone through the process of getting clearance from the Canadian regulators on the acquisition. This is meaning they know they need clearance if an acquisition offer is made.
    All that, and the most important QNX.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:15 PM
    Some good points mentioned in the posts above..... even though the statements are not in sync it looks like "something" is there with credible sources making statements.... question is what exactly is happening still remains unknown.

The way I see it, all this has to be good for BB, even if the current talk doesn't turn out to be that great...

maybe it is details around the Knox partnership being formalized ?

either way: WAY TOO MUCH VALUE announced at CES and the competition is seeing this naturally.
    I would like to see Mr Fac-u-llet give a 2 billion valuation on BlackBerry now, or the other rats.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:18 PM
    All that, and the most important QNX.

Posted via CB10
    Yes of course, should have said that but was sorta implying when I sad infrastructure.
    01-14-15 08:21 PM
    Yes of course, should have said that but was sorta implying when I sad infrastructure.
    That's why I'm hoping for a deal, for the software (QNX ) to run Samsung connective devices.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    01-14-15 08:26 PM
    BB ... usted! Something is in the works, higher BB share price goes. Enjoy!

“BlackBerry’s policy is not to comment on rumours or speculation, and accordingly it does not intend to comment further.”

?I?ll believe it when I see it': BlackBerry Ltd reportedly gets US$7.5B takeover offer from Samsung | Financial Post
    01-14-15 08:44 PM
    BlackBerry dismisses buyers in favour of turnaround plan - The Globe and Mail

BlackBerry Ltd. has shunned a handful of potential buyers in recent months as its board of directors and largest investor continue to support a turnaround strategy launched by chief executive John Chen.

Sources close to the company, which is based in Waterloo, Ont., said no sale process is in place and the fallen smartphone maker will stick with a multiyear plan that includes introducing new products and services aimed at corporate and government users. These sources said the board feels the prospective bids, some of which value the company at more than $7-billion, fall below BlackBerry’s potential value.

“This is not a company for sale,” one person familiar with the firm said.

Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. is believed to be among those interested, and a Reuters story about a possible offer from the Korean giant on Wednesday sent BlackBerry stock soaring 30 per cent on Nasdaq. The company’s share price closed at $12.60 (U.S.), its highest level since June, 2013. However, BlackBerry said after markets closed that it had “not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry.” Samsung also dismissed the story, saying in a statement that “media reports of the acquisition are groundless.”

The denials sent BlackBerry’s share price tumbling by 15 per cent in after-hours trading.

A handful of other companies, mostly foreign, are believed to have approached BlackBerry, which has rejected all advances. Still, observers expect the company, which popularized wireless e-mail, smartphones and mobile instant messaging in the 2000s only to be marginalized by others including Samsung and Apple Inc., will be sold. “I’m confident that [within two years] there’s a likely case for that,” said Richard Tse, an analyst at Cormark Securities in Toronto.

Samsung would make a logical buyer for several reasons: The technology giant would likely find value in BlackBerry’s 44,000 patents, and BlackBerry has been working to supply its secure mobile software to Samsung for use on its smartphones.“They’re obviously getting closer,” Mr. Tse said.

In addition, the Korean company likely would not encounter the same opposition from Ottawa over national security fears that confronted China’s Lenovo Group Ltd. when it looked at buying BlackBerry in 2013. “I don’t know if the government would be able to say Samsung is not a good owner” because it is not state-controlled, said Desmond Lau, an analyst with Veritas Investment Research in Toronto.

01-14-15 08:44 PM
    The Statement issued by Blackberry:

BlackBerry said it's "aware of certain press reports published today with respect to a possible offer by Samsung to purchase BlackBerry," according to a statement. "BlackBerry has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry."

The missing hidden words in the statement:

BlackBerry said it's "aware of certain press reports published today with respect to a possible offer by Samsung to purchase BlackBerry," according to a statement. "Blackberry received a proposal from Samsung and the board were reviewing the proposal and did not make any decision yet. For this reason, BlackBerry has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry."
    01-14-15 08:46 PM
    Since speculations are being thrown out... what are the possibilities the talks were over a combined project with QNX?

http://www.zdnet.com/article/at-t-sa...drive-project/

All were at CES. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:00 PM
    Since speculations are being thrown out... what are the possibilities the talks were over a combined project with QNX?

http://www.zdnet.com/article/at-t-sa...drive-project/

All were at CES. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    This is what I would like to see! Much better than selling the company.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:04 PM
    I still want to argue over semantic's...just sayin.

Classically Posted.
    lcjr and CDM76 like this.
    01-14-15 09:07 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-01-14-9.19.55-pm.png

I'm no technical analyst but today's chart seems to be a classic "Devils Tower" formation. This is a clear signal that it's time to load up the RV and head to Wyoming to greet the visitors from outer space. Who's with me?
    01-14-15 09:24 PM
    I'm in....you got the marshmallows??

Classically Posted.
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-14-15 09:33 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 9.19.55 PM.png 
Views:	2274 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	327427

I'm no technical analyst but today's chart seems to be a classic "Devils Tower" formation. This is a clear signal that it's time to load up the RV and head to Wyoming to greet the visitors from outer space. Who's with me?

It's a trap!

Posted via CB10
    Paintman321 likes this.
    01-14-15 09:40 PM
    Thank you for your response, M8.
    You are awesome!

Posted via CB10
    No problem! I just want everyone to be careful here, there is no offer, there is no sign, YET ................... of a major buyer in the market but tonight's reaction to BlackBerry publically stating there has been no talks is very interesting. We should have sold off back to even on the day if we were lucky, but, we are much higher. I personally can't wait to see what happens on volume tomorrow with a full day of trading. Anyone acquiring more than 9.9% of a company has to step forward immediately and state their reason for the position. We have seen a ton of stock trade and tomorrow there is 6.5 hours of trading not to mention PM and AH. I can hardly sleep! GL
    ZayDub, Corbu, 3MIKE and 17 others like this.
    01-14-15 09:46 PM
    The Statement issued by Blackberry:

BlackBerry said it's "aware of certain press reports published today with respect to a possible offer by Samsung to purchase BlackBerry," according to a statement. "BlackBerry has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry."

The missing hidden words in the statement:

BlackBerry said it's "aware of certain press reports published today with respect to a possible offer by Samsung to purchase BlackBerry," according to a statement. "Blackberry received a proposal from Samsung and the board were reviewing the proposal and did not make any decision yet. For this reason, BlackBerry has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry."
    That makes absolutely no sense at all. Your attempt at reading between the lines is more akin to spreading rumours and broken telephone.

The way I see it, BlackBerry rules out discussions of a "possible offer by Samsung to purchase BlackBerry", BUT, it doesn't mean shares or bonds or money isn't going to be exchanged. It also doesn't mean there is no discussion for a partnership of some sort. I'm thinking Burger King + Tim Hortons.

Whatever it is, though I'd believe it more if it was the WSJ that reported this, Reuters has to be reporting some truth in all of this. Lets wait and see........
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    01-14-15 09:47 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 9.19.55 PM.png 
Views:	2274 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	327427

I suddenly have hankering for mashed potatoes :P

I do have to say one thing for today's news is it sure took the spotlight off of "Twittergate".

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1154 | Bell | via CB10
    01-14-15 09:54 PM
    01-14-15 10:04 PM
    No problem! I just want everyone to be careful here, there is no offer, there is no sign, YET ................... of a major buyer in the market but tonight's reaction to BlackBerry publically stating there has been no talks is very interesting. We should have sold off back to even on the day if we were lucky, but, we are much higher. I personally can't wait to see what happens on volume tomorrow with a full day of trading. Anyone acquiring more than 9.9% of a company has to step forward immediately and state their reason for the position. We have seen a ton of stock trade and tomorrow there is 6.5 hours of trading not to mention PM and AH. I can hardly sleep! GL
    Morgan,

My take, for what little it is worth, is that this revealed latent belief in Wall Street that BBRY is undervalued. The stock moved very quickly on this rumor. High volume means the big boys placed big bets as the rumor gained traction. That means the big boys found the purchase price very believable. That means they see value in the BBRY in the $11 to $14 range. Otherwise the rumor would have been dismissed. Instead it gained immediate traction.

I don't put much value on after hour trading because the volume is so small and the folks who trade there are so marginal compared to the big traders who place multi-million dollar trades. But with big numbers like this I think we can take something away from this and that is that BBRY isn't going to open at $9. The after hour folks are minute by minute traders, not even day traders. They've digested the refuting of the potential sale; they aren't selling for $10. If anything it was a strong move by BBRY to immediately dismiss that it is for sale. I think that was BBRY signaling that $13 to $15 isn't the right range. Your analysis of why certain folks need a price closer to $17 before it becomes an offer too good to refuse is helpful as well.

While we probably won't open at $13. I think this jolts the market into acknowledging that BBRY isn't going bankrupt anytime soon.

And man, if this doesn't dry up short interest, I don't know what will. Imagine you were short this stock and saw a move like this. Add in that your analysis of bankruptcy keeps not happening quarter after quarter and the company keeps having a huge cash pile. How could you sit there and be comfortable that the company is going out of business? And if the company doesn't go out of business and get sold for scrap, how is there enough downside to make a short player interested here? Why take the risk if BBRY's floor is $8? It doesn't make sense to short this stock and this was the wake up call for the shorts.
    01-14-15 10:43 PM
    Morgan,

My take, for what little it is worth, is that this revealed latent belief in Wall Street that BBRY is undervalued. The stock moved very quickly on this rumor. High volume means the big boys placed big bets as the rumor gained traction. That means the big boys found the purchase price very believable. That means they see value in the BBRY in the $11 to $14 range. Otherwise the rumor would have been dismissed. Instead it gained immediate traction.

I don't put much value on after hour trading because the volume is so small and the folks who trade there are so marginal compared to the big traders who place multi-million dollar trades. But with big numbers like this I think we can take something away from this and that is that BBRY isn't going to open at $9. The after hour folks are minute by minute traders, not even day traders. They've digested the refuting of the potential sale; they aren't selling for $10. If anything it was a strong move by BBRY to immediately dismiss that it is for sale. I think that was BBRY signaling that $13 to $15 isn't the right range. Your analysis of why certain folks need a price closer to $17 before it becomes an offer too good to refuse is helpful as well.

While we probably won't open at $13. I think this jolts the market into acknowledging that BBRY isn't going bankrupt anytime soon.

And man, if this doesn't dry up short interest, I don't know what will. Imagine you were short this stock and saw a move like this. Add in that your analysis of bankruptcy keeps not happening quarter after quarter and the company keeps having a huge cash pile. How could you sit there and be comfortable that the company is going out of business? And if the company doesn't go out of business and get sold for scrap, how is there enough downside to make a short player interested here? Why take the risk if BBRY's floor is $8? It doesn't make sense to short this stock and this was the wake up call for the shorts.

Hi JonCBK,

I agree with many of your points , I would add that when AH volume is substantially higher then their daily average volume, it matters. In addition, by law, BlackBerry has to explain an unusual movement in the value of their stock, especially when there is a rumour out there driving it. The real action begins tomorrow, do we fall back or is there something going on that includes a different company in the mix? The good news for investors is the the average purchase price of all of these shares is well above $ 10.00/shr! When everyone owns the stock at higher levels it tends to stay at those levels making the next leg up that much easier. GL
    01-14-15 11:07 PM
    After a bit more thinking, my guess is somebody purposely or unknowingly mistook a meeting with Samsung regarding the previously announce BB-Sam partnership and formulated a buyout story. Like I said, I don't know if there was intent, but it could be how this blew up into something it is not.

On that note, I hope to see a bit of a tick in the AM. I may sell and rebuy at a lower price. Let's see what the news is in the AM, first, though.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    01-14-15 11:30 PM
    Screw the MS. Let couple more rumor like these comin. They think that they rule the stock market by BSING and using the media at will to create things their way. IMO this was to get even with MS. MS and their FUD machine are not the GOD.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    01-14-15 11:43 PM
113,256 ... 31303131313231333134 ...