• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Ego autem semper

Classically Posted.
    . . . and the cat peed on the matches.
    01-14-15 06:21 PM
    sorry, right you are, i deleted the post, you beat me to it re copy and paste, my mistake, from 3 years ago. cheers.
    Valliant effort though!
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    01-14-15 06:22 PM
    thanks, i should have checked the date first on the link i was sent before posting, g'rrr. regardless, thank goodness it is from 2012.

moving forward, nice legs on BB at 7:26 PM in light of the "nonsense" now at $10.82 = $12.92 cdn, above the last price before the rally kicked in.

the price before the start of the rally was ~ $11.55 cdn

i believe Reuters and suspect that Chen is very upset tonight, hopefully he finds some humour in this afternoon and makes good tomorrow.

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) After Hours Trading - NASDAQ.com

Currency Calculator (US Dollar, Canadian Dollar) - X-Rates

Valliant effort though!
    01-14-15 06:31 PM
    Snippet from the Reuters article:

"Executives from the two companies, which are working with advisers, met last week to discuss a potential transaction, the source said, asking not to be identified because the conversations are private.

In full:

Exclusive: Samsung talks to BlackBerry about $7.5 billion buyout - source
    Omg....LOL

BlackBerry Responds to Media Report

"WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Jan 14, 2015) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) ("BlackBerry") is aware of certain press reports published today with respect to a possible offer by Samsung to purchase BlackBerry. BlackBerry has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry. BlackBerry's policy is not to comment on rumors or speculation, and accordingly it does not intend to comment further."
    Would it be too far fetched to think that perhaps Samsung may be interested in BB10 to run their phones?
    BlackBerry has denied the takeover rumor, but didn't deny the meeting. Samsung is stuck between a rock (android) and a hard place (Chinese manufacturers). If they are serious about getting into enterprise and IoT they'll have to do something different.

#QNXinside
    just saying...
    01-14-15 06:34 PM
    BlackBerry has denied the takeover rumor, but didn't deny the meeting. Samsung is stuck between a rock (android) and a hard place (Chinese manufacturers). If they are serious about getting into enterprise and IoT they'll have to do something different.

#QNXinside
    just saying...
    Yes sir...Spider Senses are tinglin.

Classically Posted.
    01-14-15 06:42 PM
    There is no way that Reuters is making any of this up as they have been out with several updates since the original earlier today.
    If there were any concerns to the facts updates would not have been released, more so by the original authors.
    Exclusive: Samsung talks to BlackBerry about $7.5 billion buyout - source | Reuters
    Over to you Chen, your it
    Meanwhile BBRY closing in on $11 in after hours. Higher she goes, more so at the pre-market and open tomorrow as the shorts move in to cover and the world hears from our friend Chen.
    BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) After Hours Trading - NASDAQ.com $10.83 at 7:43 PM ... 17 more minutes to go.
    01-14-15 06:43 PM
    There is no way that Reuters is making any of this up as they have been out with several updates since the original earlier today.
    If there were any concerns to the facts updates would not have been released, more so by the original authors.
    Exclusive: Samsung talks to BlackBerry about $7.5 billion buyout - source | Reuters
    Over to you Chen, your it
    Meanwhile BBRY closing in on $11 in after hours. Higher she goes, more so at the pre-market and open tomorrow as the shorts move in to cover and the world hears from our friend Chen.
    BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) After Hours Trading - NASDAQ.com $10.83 at 7:43 PM ... 17 more minutes to go.
    And that sir...is the game.

Personally I can't imagine a scenario that makes sense to deflect (but I'm not that bright)...looking forward to tomorrow.

Classically Posted.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    01-14-15 06:50 PM
    Am I the only one wishing BlackBerry let the rumor simmer for 24 hours?????

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub and bungaboy like this.
    01-14-15 06:55 PM
    I wish they let it simmer too

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-14-15 06:56 PM
    Right you are. I do feel for Chen. He has worked so hard and to have this happen, someone(s) stealing his thunder. Oh well, the show will go on and Chen will bring humour to the situation as he does so well in a positive way. Very impressive to see BB up since the rally started at 3:45 PM ET today at $9.70 USA, currently at $10.82, imho, this speaks volumes that there is more upside tomorrow to take place, more so with massive short covering being the order of the day for many. BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) After Hours Trading - NASDAQ.com ... that's a wrap, last trade $10.78 = $12.88 CDN, well done, +11.13 % from when the rally kicked in at 3:45 AM.

Interesting, from Samsung, today, http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-0...ver-offer.html Jan 14, 2015 7:16 PM ET < liar, liar, pants on fire very suspect how this is "denied".

And that sir...is the game.

Personally I can't imagine a scenario that makes sense to deflect (but I'm not that bright)...looking forward to tomorrow.

Classically Posted.
    3MIKE likes this.
    01-14-15 06:56 PM
    Right you are. I do feel for Chen. He has worked so hard and to have this happen, someone(s) stealing his thunder. Oh well, the show will go on and Chen will bring humour to the situation as he does so well in a positive way. Very impressive to see BB up since the rally started at 3:45 PM ET today at $9.70 USA, currently at $10.82, imho, this speaks volumes that there is more upside tomorrow to take place, more so with massive short covering being the order of the day for many. BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) After Hours Trading - NASDAQ.com
    I don't understand how it steals Chens thunder (bright thing again ) however, interesting how life always has two sides of a coin to choose between.

Classically Posted.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    01-14-15 07:04 PM
    Executives from the two companies, which are working with advisers, met last week to discuss a potential transaction, the source said, asking not to be identified because the conversations are private.

The Waterloo, Ontario-based company said in a statement that it "has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry.
    A transaction does not have to infer a purchase/sale of the company.

AH closed with BBRY up 15% on the day. Reuters re-posted its article one hour ago.
    01-14-15 07:17 PM
    Ah, Chen deserves all the glory, not all to Reuters, regardless, fun it will be when Chen grandstands. What a past 5 hours it has been. Understandable in light of the news what we experienced, however, very impressive to see a +11.1% gain since the rally started at 3:45 PM ET, rest assured imho there is more upside to follow. I will be on top of Germany when it opens in a few hours with:

BLACKBERRY LTD (RI1:Frankfurt): Stock Quote & Company Profile - Businessweek

Currency Calculator (Euro, Canadian Dollar) - X-Rates

I don't understand how it steals Chens thunder (bright thing again ) however, interesting how life always has two sides of a coin to choose between.

Classically Posted.
    01-14-15 07:18 PM
    Stock manipulation

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:24 PM
    Ah, Chen deserves all the glory, not all to Reuters, regardless, fun it will be when Chen grandstands. What a past 5 hours it has been. Understandable in light of the news what we experienced, however, very impressive to see a +11.1% gain since the rally started at 3:45 PM ET, rest assured imho there is more upside to follow. I will be on top of Germany when it opens in a few hours with:

BLACKBERRY LTD (RI1:Frankfurt): Stock Quote & Company Profile - Businessweek

Currency Calculator (Euro, Canadian Dollar) - X-Rates
    Dude...you sneaking da schnopes???

Classically Posted.
    01-14-15 07:27 PM
    Nice to see that any development between BlackBerry and Samsung is viewed as a positive on both sides of the deal.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbss.jpg
    01-14-15 07:28 PM
    To be clear...if Chen made a boo boo I would be the first one to post here...cuz that's what I do...look for mistakes and glorify them here on CB. (it's my little bit of charity for humanity ...hope y'all appreciate).

Edit to add the wink...OL Forums should be fun, dry and stimulating...keep em coming.
    Classically Posted.
    bungaboy, lcjr, W Hoa and 2 others like this.
    01-14-15 07:31 PM
    Denial that they are 'in talks'...source says they met last week...if true the offer must have been declined by major shareholders /bod.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:31 PM
    Would it be too far fetched to think that perhaps Samsung may be interested in BB10 to run their phones?
    Yah probably. Why have Android. Badu Tizen and BB10 and even WP

Really adds nothing but complications

Posted with my flash Passport
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    01-14-15 07:32 PM
    Because they don't like android. They've already partnered to use BES12 with Knox, why not tighten things up with BB10 phones. At least for enterprise. Just my thoughts.
    01-14-15 07:44 PM
    Yah probably. Why have Android. Badu Tizen and BB10 and even WP

Really adds nothing but complications

So if they have all that, why partner with BlackBerry. Corporate world is where they need to enter, so how hard would it be to have two operating system, two numbers, one simm. That's my opinion and it's only a wild dream. Personal and business would be something to see.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:44 PM
    So if they have all that, why partner with BlackBerry. Corporate world is where they need to enter, so how hard would it be to have two operating system, two numbers, one simm. That's my opinion and it's only a wild dream. Personal and business would be something to see.

Posted via CB10
    Also can't sell stock Android and an Android emulating phone so BB10 with Samsung would have to given up Android emulation

01-14-15 07:52 PM
    If an acquisition of BB by Samsung does come to fruition at any point, I think it is for other reasons than phones. Samsung has been making strategic acquisitions to go inline with their greater ambitions outside of phones, which we know are declining. They pushed that message really hard at CES and are doing so as well, with the Tizen push on home devices. I look at Smart Things (home automation) and PrinterOn (secure cloud bases printing) as two recent strategic acquisitions.

Where BB really comes in play in my opinion, is with its network infrastructure needed to support these connected devices, coupled with patents which likely outline details over BB's proprietary network infrastructure. Instead of building that network, Samsung is likely buying a strong infrastructure in place which they can easily expand and strength with more cash. Further, I believe that BB has the software talent which Samsung could need as Samsung isn't know well for its software.

Lastly, PrinterOn which I mentioned earlier, is a Canadian company. Therefore, Samsung is familiar and has gone through the process of getting clearance from the Canadian regulators on the acquisition. This is meaning they know they need clearance if an acquisition offer is made.
    Corbu, laketrout73, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    01-14-15 08:02 PM
    Also can't sell stock Android and an Android emulating phone so BB10 with Samsung would have to given up Android emulation

But is that a bad thing? These guys are already in bed together. Blackberry is still reasonably strong in enterprise and Samsung wants in badly. Regarless of all the noise, something is going on.
    01-14-15 08:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly how much better would it be to be able to have literally two two phones in one. A company phone that's secure that has its own number that the company would pay for and your own personal phone phone with its own personal number and apps that is private with out having the inconvenience of having to carry and keep track of two separate phones.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:05 PM
113,256 ... 31293130313131323133 ...