View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    With the company coming out and declaring there were no discussions with Samsung, you have to think we would be trading back at $ 9.40/shr so the AH pricing isn't that bad at all. It would be a huge win if we can hold onto any gains made today under these conditions. Interesting indeed.
    There was supposedly a 'source' of the info, and embarrassing to major media to protect, if in fact they are being dragged into fraud (market manip)...see where it goes...could be on Sammy side (they are silent)...deal could be with convert holder but got blown...still, I agree that it's likely bogus. If so, it just begs the question, WHERE ARE THE AUTHORITIES? We know they are absent. Second question is who wants to make MS sweat?

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, sidhuk, La Emperor and 4 others like this.
    01-14-15 05:13 PM
    well that was fun.

i was in meetings all day and getting updates via bbm on share price from my cousin. he was panicking and wanted to jump ship. i calmed him down and reminded him that this was a long play yadda yadda.

he calls me at 4 "whoooooooooo let's go celebrate!!!!" he was so happy he had just made $50k.*

i just bbmed him and told him about the rumour denial and after hours drop. he's now convinced he's in a nightmare.

hahah gotta love the rollercoaster ride.

when he was all celebratory i even said "man if we cash out now, i'm gonna miss being on this ride"

*edit obviously he didn't sell and was counting his chickens. he was actually hoping for a bidding war.
    i'm glad. didn't really want to wake up with a hangover tomorrow. haha
    01-14-15 05:13 PM
    If the policy is not to comment on rumors, why did they feel the need to come out to deny the romor?!
    Is this because the Media Report came from a legitimate source (Reuters) and was treated as a rebuttal to an official report/claim?

As if the NY Times published information that was not factual and BB's duty to reply.

Maybe this is like BB Fact Check ?
    3MIKE likes this.
    01-14-15 05:16 PM
    Don't you think it's funny how we seen so many downgrades in the past day or 2 and then this hmmmmm. All this was brought to you buy shorts to cover there positions

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    https://twitter.com/LianaBaker

Think this whizz kid will be looking for a job here soon?

I wonder what she is thinking right now..

"Oh ****!!!"??

might be something like that...
    bungaboy likes this.
    I read this again, something fishy going on.

Two authors, no doubt their bosses would have approved the release, too big not to.

BBRY trading right now +$1.00 USA over Tuesday close in a down market on Wednesday.

Exclusive: Samsung approaches BlackBerry about buyout - source | Reuters

I suspect there is lots of after-hours buying going on for good reason, short covering too to get out before the next leg up.

I might be wrong in my thinking, just saying, gut says though something very fishy here, even thought it odd that this news came out during trading hours, highly unusual.

Chen no doubt is ticked by the news leak. Suspect he said no comment in ah's for good reason. Perhaps wanting to do a pr release on his own / with Samsung.

I suspect some insiders are in the know.

80 million shares today on BBRY at 6:14 PM 16.3 million or 21 % of them in after-hours.

IMHO, if this story was bogus there would be a hell of a lot more shares traded in the ah's mkt.

Stay strong bulls, good time to buy more tonight, pre-market at the open.

Currently 10.68 = 12.76 cdn vs 11.14 cdn Tuesday close .. that alone speaks volumes about insiders in the know ... keep in mind it was a red day in the market and there was negative news on BB, but not overwhelming enough to harm BB.

AH's closes at 8 PM ET tonight, will be interesting to see the close and the rest of the week. GLTA.
    3MIKE likes this.
    01-14-15 05:19 PM
    Official report from reputable source

Official reply from 1 of 2 parties involved ....

the 2 reports don't jive

stay tuned!

'Something is rotten in the state of Denmark'.
    Shakespeare, a long time ago
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 01-14-15 at 05:46 PM.
    01-14-15 05:28 PM
    Reuters is actually Thomson Reuters. There is a heavy connection with Toronto money.

In other words, you may have just seen Morgan Stanley being put in its place.

There is also the chance that the source is tied to a Toronto area convert holder...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 01-14-15 at 05:41 PM.
    Bilaal, bungaboy, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    01-14-15 05:28 PM
    Doubtful, she has been with them since 2008. Joined November 2008. There is a hell of a lot more to this story. I believe Reuters. The only downside is Chen saying no comment ... he will. He just had the spot light taken away. Next time Chen be more transparent, lesson learned, eh!

I believe Reuters, the reporter is no dummy, she has been with them since 2008, full time mergers and acquisitions, you don't jerk around with those stories.

6:40 PM +2 % off the 10.50 low, now at 10.72 http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/bbry/after-hours = 12.87 cdn

Chen should have come clean this afternoon. There is something bullish in the works. Similar situations have gone on in the past with other co's. Difference today is all the technology we have that makes info instantaneous.

6:44 PM now at $10.88 usa = 13.00 cdn ... back to 15+ cdn it goes. ... ha, now 10.90 = 13.03

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator/?f...D&amount=10.90 ... now 10.94 = 13.08 at 6:46 PM

https://twitter.com/LianaBaker

Think this whizz kid will be looking for a job here soon?

I wonder what she is thinking right now..

"Oh ****!!!"??

might be something like that...
    Last edited by Highlander01; 01-14-15 at 05:46 PM.
    01-14-15 05:32 PM
    Thanks Sir
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-untitled.png
    will buy back at the next dip!
    Edit : Sold only 1/3 of my BBRY shares
    No. There are manipulators and those who take advantage of the manipulators. You are the latter.
    01-14-15 05:42 PM
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/exclus...205037341.html

So Bbry has been turning down offers?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 05:43 PM
    if they have been turning down offers it has to make you feel confident that Chen believes he can deliver growth back to the company...

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 05:47 PM
    As per below, plus a 5;18 PM ET update from Reuters > Samsung talks to BlackBerry about $7.5 bln buyout -source | Reuters

The BlackBerry Bull is alive and well. Chen goofed imho by not speaking up today after the cat was let out of the bag. Let go of your ego Chen ... shareholder concerns are paramount ... keep up the good work, but do tell

Doubtful, she has been with them since 2008. Joined November 2008. There is a hell of a lot more to this story. I believe Reuters. The only downside is Chen saying no comment ... he will. He just had the spot light taken away. Next time Chen be more transparent, lesson learned, eh!

I believe Reuters, the reporter is no dummy, she has been with them since 2008, full time mergers and acquisitions, you don't jerk around with those stories.

6:40 PM +2 % off the 10.50 low, now at 10.72 BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) After Hours Trading - NASDAQ.com = 12.87 cdn

Chen should have come clean this afternoon. There is something bullish in the works. Similar situations have gone on in the past with other co's. Difference today is all the technology we have that makes info instantaneous.

6:44 PM now at $10.88 usa = 13.00 cdn ... back to 15+ cdn it goes. ... ha, now 10.90 = 13.03

Currency Calculator (US Dollar, Canadian Dollar) - X-Rates ... now 10.94 = 13.08 at 6:46 PM
    3MIKE likes this.
    01-14-15 05:50 PM
    I really hope its a license deal for BB10 operating system, or it might be something with QNX. I truly hope its not a sale! Canada would not interfere with the deal. They could have met for many reason and not a sale. Cant wait for the facts to show up!
    CDM76 and laketrout73 like this.
    01-14-15 05:59 PM
    now this ... Samsung denies reports on BlackBerry merger

ok, which one of you here is buying bb
    Lol, that's from 2012.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 06:01 PM
    I read this again, something fishy going on.

Two authors, no doubt their bosses would have approved the release, too big not to.

BBRY trading right now +$1.00 USA over Tuesday close in a down market on Wednesday.

Exclusive: Samsung approaches BlackBerry about buyout - source | Reuters

I suspect there is lots of after-hours buying going on for good reason, short covering too to get out before the next leg up.

I might be wrong in my thinking, just saying, gut says though something very fishy here, even thought it odd that this news came out during trading hours, highly unusual.

Chen no doubt is ticked by the news leak. Suspect he said no comment in ah's for good reason. Perhaps wanting to do a pr release on his own / with Samsung.

I suspect some insiders are in the know.

80 million shares today on BBRY at 6:14 PM 16.3 million or 21 % of them in after-hours.

IMHO, if this story was bogus there would be a hell of a lot more shares traded in the ah's mkt.

Stay strong bulls, good time to buy more tonight, pre-market at the open.

Currently 10.68 = 12.76 cdn vs 11.14 cdn Tuesday close .. that alone speaks volumes about insiders in the know ... keep in mind it was a red day in the market and there was negative news on BB, but not overwhelming enough to harm BB.

AH's closes at 8 PM ET tonight, will be interesting to see the close and the rest of the week. GLTA.
    Agree...

Classically Posted.
    01-14-15 06:03 PM
    Some things and posts just seem too phoney for me.
    Corbu likes this.
    01-14-15 06:03 PM
    01-14-15 06:05 PM
    sorry, right you are, i deleted the post, you beat me to it re copy and paste, my mistake, from 3 years ago. cheers.

Lol, that's from 2012.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 06:10 PM
    Some things and posts just seem too phoney for me.
    Ego autem semper

Classically Posted.
    01-14-15 06:11 PM
    Reading material

BlackBerry turned down multiple takeover overtures, sources say

So they have been offered over 7 billion??????????????
    01-14-15 06:12 PM
    Although it fell 15% from the days highs, it seems to be holding up well AH (still up 15%) for the day. Now that the rumors have been debunked (or so they say), what does everyone expect for tomorrow in regards to price action? Expecting it to fall back to today's low levels, rise back up to today's highs, or hang out around the mid 10s?

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-14-15 06:13 PM
    Would it be too far fetched to think that perhaps Samsung may be interested in BB10 to run their phones?
    01-14-15 06:15 PM
    I expect lots n lots of FUD. Am curious though...why would anyone start this for a 30 min bump?? Up and Down lots of money to be made if you orchestrated but...enough to place the spotlight of regulators on you??? (don't think so).

Interesting....

Classically Posted.
    ZayDub, CDM76, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    01-14-15 06:19 PM
    Would it be too far fetched to think that perhaps Samsung may be interested in BB10 to run their phones?
    It's not far fetched.
    01-14-15 06:21 PM
113,251 ... 31283129313031313132 ...