View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If you're thinking of selling, just know that shorts really really need the shares. Me? I'm not only holding, I'm moving my shares into a registered account so they're no longer available, lol.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:19 PM
    The thread was so quiet all day now it's flooded with posts...I wonder why ?? NOT. Heeeee Haaaaw!!!

Z10
    01-14-15 03:19 PM
    My trader friend (who clued me in on the rumor when it happened) is guessing the stock opens at $13, but that there is room to run. The rumor really hit the market very late in the day. If the rumor is very credible, then price is below the offer spread.

Note that the offer spread is unusually wide in this rumor. That signals to me lots of negotiation to be done. Not to mention due diligence.

Two possibilities. Rumor is debunked overnight or revealed to be old news or very preliminary news. In that case stock drops back quite a bit. Or rumor gets supported, in which case stock moves up into buyout range of the rumor.

My trader friend wants me to sell at $14.
    01-14-15 03:22 PM
    Wow!!!! I've been busy all day and been trying to stay patient since last wk w/ this continuous drop...I was upside down 2k shares at a price of $11.09....this is amaaaaaaazing! I wasn't going to sell tho but maybe now i'll let half go! Patience is truly a virtue!

#LongBB #LongLiveBBRY

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    La Emperor likes this.
    01-14-15 03:24 PM
    Cost more, but you can easily make up losses and gain profit if you play it right.
    If you mean buying a bunch of shares or calls, then planting a rumor, then selling shares and calls for a profit, that is very illegal. And it isn't directly related to being a short position. And you would have to plant a really really credible rumor to get this amount of volume to move this quickly.
    01-14-15 03:25 PM
    Either there is some substance to this rumor, even only a little, or there is no substance.

Je suis Charlie
    Bigbacala likes this.
    I have a chunk of $12 strike calls for this Friday, bought them for pennies a couple weeks ago. I was sure to have them expire worthless. Late Christmas present I guess..... niiice!

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    I had a bit of 10 strikes for Jan 30 expiry bought on ER day at the $9.30 SP mark. Looked good at 11....and looked bad as the stock has dwindled down since early Jan. I have lots of blackberry 2016 calls....but Jan 30s are the only holding being sold at the open tomorrow....

I BBM'd one of my buddies as I'm skeptical...but at the same time said "Reuters isn't some blog rag like Forbes or Benzinga". So I'm hopeful
    Earlier today I was watching the price go down and thinking that even 9.4 was too expensive to buy in current conditions.
    Ha ha ha.

Je suis Charlie
    Bilaal likes this.
    01-14-15 03:27 PM
    Is it terrible that I don't want blackberry to get bought out?

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Well i for one would love for Samsung to own them...but to keep the company separate on the exchange. BB10 would explode in Samsung phones. Maybe Samsung has seen Chen's roadmap and maybe there is a dual OS / VM BB10/Android working Victoria unit which is just too amazing to not see huge future sales...
    01-14-15 03:29 PM
    My trader friend (who clued me in on the rumor when it happened) is guessing the stock opens at $13, but that there is room to run. The rumor really hit the market very late in the day. If the rumor is very credible, then price is below the offer spread.

Note that the offer spread is unusually wide in this rumor. That signals to me lots of negotiation to be done. Not to mention due diligence.

Two possibilities. Rumor is debunked overnight or revealed to be old news or very preliminary news. In that case stock drops back quite a bit. Or rumor gets supported, in which case stock moves up into buyout range of the rumor.

My trader friend wants me to sell at $14.
    Very interesting...time will tell! Thank you for the input!
    01-14-15 03:30 PM
    What the. Huge jump. Tempted to sell all shares and what for drop to rebuy
    Same

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:31 PM
    If you mean buying a bunch of shares or calls, then planting a rumor, then selling shares and calls for a profit, that is very illegal. And it isn't directly related to being a short position. And you would have to plant a really really credible rumor to get this amount of volume to move this quickly.
    Yes it is, but it's not as if BBRY manipulation and shady rumors are new to the stock. If all they did was recycle or make up a rumor, they've made their money and can run. Illegal doesn't mean impossible or unlikely.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-14-15 03:31 PM
    BB10 would explode in Samsung phones...
    Does not sound good at all. Really.

CB10 @ Q5
    01-14-15 03:33 PM
    Earlier today I was watching the price go down and thinking that even 9.4 was too expensive to buy in current conditions.
    Ha ha ha.

Je suis Charlie
    And I was thinking man this is too cheap. What can I sell to buy more? But I didn't...
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-14-15 03:36 PM
    I'm not selling. BBRY long till the end.
    ZayDub, 3MIKE, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    01-14-15 03:38 PM
    Could it be possible that samsung will get to buy a 15-20% stake in BlackBerry? Can't they buy up the extra 100-120 million shares for $14-15 a share?

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-14-15 03:40 PM
    Just to add to the speculation. It's most likely that Samsung is only after patents and is more interested in butchering BB for what benefits them and dumping things like Hardware/Software, especially with the new Tizen release.

Be skeptical and don't just think about the short term financial gains. I don't think this will pan out, but if it comes to a vote, I'd be very hesitant to vote "Sell."
    01-14-15 03:42 PM
    Lol, after my failed entry into HALO, I finally got out today, up! This was about a half hour before the BlackBerry news. I was sitting by, waiting for a good chance to buy back into BlackBerry, wondering why the price was gradually rising against the market.

I suck at this!

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub and awindsr like this.
    01-14-15 03:42 PM
    Thanks M8...without your expertise I may not have had the patience to be patient! Hats off to you again my friend! Thanks everyone here for all your knowledge and insights!

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    01-14-15 03:45 PM
    Seeing words like "offering" , "buyout talk" or "approaching BB" in the headlines...so not so certain it is a done deal.(or if it will be)

All I know is....7.5 billion is a Steal !!!

My guess is that JC would not consider this a "serious offer" ...too low.
    1/10th too low!
    ZayDub, donmateo, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    01-14-15 03:47 PM
    John Chen said he had devices to show in MWC, he comes across as a man who sticks to his own plan. If this Samsung deal is true, I don't think it will be a complete "stop what you're doing, we're done here", it'll be a "stop what you're doing for a second, I have a new employee that that will be working with us from today"

BlackBerry is already in bed with Samsung, so what's stopping them from..say.... sharing patents together? Food for thought?
    ZayDub, gvs1341, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    01-14-15 03:48 PM
    Just to add to the speculation. It's most likely that Samsung is only after patents and is more interested in butchering BB for what benefits them and dumping things like Hardware/Software, especially with the new Tizen release.

Be skeptical and don't just think about the short term financial gains. I don't think this will pan out, but if it comes to a vote, I'd be very hesitant to vote "Sell."
    I don't plan on selling my shares and if it comes to a vote I would also probably vote against it. I'm long BlackBerry. Too much potential to sell for 15 16 bucks a share.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:49 PM
    Its been awhile since I posted here. I always watch BB, sometimes dabble in it, long / short.

Today I was in oil and natural gas, long and short.

However, after 3:00 PM I was clean and decided to short BlackBerry based upon the news, trading pattern, price, etc.

Now for the rest of the story ... True story, fact, amazing, love it, long on BlackBerry!

I shorted BB at $11.53 Canadian at close to 3:30 PM ET today, shortly after it bounced around +/- a few pennies.

Then, it took off upwards.

Something was up. I had no idea what.

So, I hit "buy to cover" and then immediately went long on BlackBerry at $13 Canadian and enjoyed the ride to $15.02 to the close end of day.

It felt great being a BBull.

Go Chen Go, well done. Thank you very much.

Where does BB go from here?

As I understand the Samsung offer is $13 to $15 USA = $15.60 to $18.00 Canadian.

"Samsung approached Waterloo, Ontario-based BlackBerry with an initial offer price of $13.35 to $15.59 a share, Reuters reported, citing an unnamed person familiar with the matter and documents. That’s at least a 37 percent premium to BlackBerry’s closing price yesterday."

$13.35 to $15.59 USA = $16.02 to $18.70 Canadian

The 4:00 PM ET close today was $12.59 USA and $15.02 Canadian
    BlackBerry stock jumps on report of Samsung approach
    BlackBerry stock jumps 29% on report of Samsung approach

BlackBerry Climbs on Report Samsung Made Acquisition Proposal
    BlackBerry Climbs on Report Samsung Made Acquisition Offer - Bloomberg

BB is trading higher after hours 4:00 PM ET at $13.25 USA high on over 5 million shares = $16.56 Canadian

The after hours price as of 4:25 PM ET is $12.31 to $13.25, $12.92 at 4:26 PM ET.

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) After Hours Trading - NASDAQ.com

BNN TV commenting on BlackBerry as I type, all very positive, including a clip from Chen referencing that $15.00 USA is way to cheap ... BBeautiful!

Is $20 USA too cheap = $24 Canadian.

My thoughts ... if there is one buyer re Samsung, no doubt others will step up to offer as well.

Where does BB go from here?

Cramer mentioned today at 4:20 PM ET that he was impressed, BB has a clean balance sheet, others may come forward to buy BB, Cramer says to BB to sell, sell, sell!

I don't know. I leave that to those that are wiser than I. I am a day trader. GLTA $-)

Way to ring the bell Chen, you are the best, you sly cat you, well done!

Thank you Chen for announcing this during trading hours, much appreciated!

When the shares started to rally they moved so fast that I had to watch for about 30 seconds in awe trying to figure out what was going on. I had heard nothing on BNN or CNBC until well after the fact. It was wild to watch the stock rally higher. You long term bulls must be pleased, good on you, congrats!

Good grief, anyone short on BB and not in front of their monitor just got screwed major time re ~ -29.5% based upon $15.02 CDN close vs yesterday's close of $11.60, granted most likely opens higher Thursday at ~$15.50+

Nice $12.91 USA now at 4:49 PM on over 6 million shares = $15.49 with BNN TV covering BB as I type.

"Hi Honey, I'm home and I forget to cover my BlackBerry short" ... ouch!
    Last edited by Highlander01; 01-14-15 at 04:05 PM.
    01-14-15 03:50 PM
    Yes!!!!
    01-14-15 03:56 PM
    Now dose Apple want Samsung to get hold of all those BlackBerry Phones and security Patents not to mention QNX in car systems can anyone smell a bidding war.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:57 PM
113,256 ... 31253126312731283129 ...