View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    01-14-15 08:27 AM
    Is there or is there not going to be a market correction in a couple of months from now ?

Just want some of your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Z10
    I'm slightly short the S&P 500 but long USD (vs CAD), and long a few select names, including BBRY. The momo stocks seem stretched, right now, but targeted value plays may do alright. Much depends on what the Fed does.

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto, anon(4086547) and 3MIKE like this.
    01-14-15 08:33 AM
    Expansys.ca dead of the Day.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-expansys-ca-classic-jan-14.jpg
    lcjr, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    01-14-15 09:04 AM
    Don't see why not, I'm sure the capability is there. Don't know what the cost-benefit would be though.

I'm guessing something like "Vanity PINs" can be issued. Like, they what they are planning for subscriptions:

"BlackBerry to offer ad-free BBM subscription with vanity PIN"

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/01/07/bl...th-vanity-pin/
    Seems like they are trying to squeeze the life out of the small user base they've got rather than make a big push to make it much bigger. I do wonder whether they BlackBerry team have been a bit demoralised and shellshocked by the consumer side of things and don't have the confidence or talent at the moment to get back in the water.

The cost would be whatever it costs to change the software, and the benefit would be everything that comes with having a much larger monetised user base.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:51 AM
    BBRY =
    jake simmons3 and 3MIKE like this.
    01-14-15 10:31 AM
    Bought some more here. It looks bad but it is good opportunity for me. Majority on this thread know that shorts are very organized and they can and will pull it down. But looking at the history of this stock, it is getting more and more expensive for the shorts. I for one just loving these opportunities. I do have faith in JC and company.

I must add that classic has a good demand but supply is an issue. I have friends who ordered multiple units from local carriers in canada but they are not getting the asked quantities.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    ZayDub, Corbu, La Emperor and 10 others like this.
    01-14-15 10:44 AM
    Bought some more here. It looks bad but it is good opportunity for me. Majority on this thread know that shorts are very organized and they can and will pull it down. But looking at the history of this stock, it is getting more and more expensive for the shorts. I for one just loving these opportunities. I do have faith in JC and company.

I must add that classic has a good demand but supply is an issue. I have friends who ordered multiple units from local carriers in canada but they are not getting the asked quantities.

Well that and the market is crap today. Everything is down. I'm not even gonna follow it today

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    01-14-15 10:48 AM
    Well that and the market is crap today. Everything is down. I'm not even gonna follow it today

Totally agreed. But rather than getting ticked off (LoL) I would say that days like these are the best days to buy.

morganplus8, jxnb, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    01-14-15 10:53 AM
    01-14-15 10:54 AM
    OT.
    I can not log in or view to the CB forums when on my home wired or wireless network. Neither from my PC or my passport.
    Everything works normal if I am using cellular network from my passport. It started happening for last couple of days. I have restarted all involved devices including modems and router. Not sure where else to look for the help on this issue. Sorry to post it here.

01-14-15 10:58 AM

Curious, but how many quantities were they ordering?
    Was it for a fleet in their business, or personal?
    01-14-15 11:08 AM
    Interesting. Another downgrade this time from Baird. He sites Classic availability as well...

BlackBerry Ltd Estimates Clipped By Baird Analyst
    Posted By: Aman JainPosted date: January 14, 2015 08:30:44 AMIn: StocksNo Comments
    Read Later
    BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) will not earn much revenue from its recently released Blackberry Classic, according to R.W. Baird’s William Power. He’s not very positive on Classic sales, so he lowered his price target on the Canadian firm to $9.

BlackBerry

Estimates dropped
    Power did not share many details in the report but said the BlackBerry Classic’s share of the fourth quarter revenue was expected to be greater. He also said after the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) it appears much of that revenue will not come until the fiscal first quarter.

The Canadian Smartphone maker released the BlackBerry Classic in New York on Dec. 17. At the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) last week, CEO John Chen announced a new partnership for the device.

Power has assigned a Neutral rating on the shares and lowered his estimates for the fourth fiscal quarter ending in February to $746.3 million in revenue and a net loss of 3 cents per share on sales of approximately 1.599 million BlackBerry units. The current estimates are down from the previous estimates of $937.3 million and break-even in profits on the back of 2.05 million units sold in the quarter. Also the new revenue estimate is below the consensus estimate of $831 million.

For fiscal 2016, Power has dropped his estimates to $4.01 billion and 35 cents per share from $4.32 billion and 42 cents per share. Sales of 9.43 million units are expected, which is a drop from the previous estimate of 10.42 million Blackberry units.

Not a positive sign for BlackBerry
    Power sounded similar to Canaccord Genuity‘s Mike Walkley in saying that this quarter is the “revenue trough” for BlackBerry. However, “visibility across its segments remains limited,” he writes. Downward revision of estimates is not a good sign for BlackBerry, especially at a time when the CEO is expressing confidence about the survival of the company.

BlackBerry saw a drop of around 24% in its revenue from the hardware business. Overall, the company’s revenue is tumbling at a faster pace than many analysts are expecting, according to a report from Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO) . Approximately 46% of its revenue comes from the hardware segment. In the third quarter of 2014, revenue from the hardware business came in at $361 million, compared to $476 million earlier.

The drop in revenues from hardware was unexpected, especially after BlackBerry announced last quarter that it sold 200,000 Passport units within the first two days of its launch. The Passport was seen as the most potent weapon from BlackBerry to compete with Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) ’s iPhone and Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG) ’s Android-based smartphones, especially in the enterprise segment.

BlackBerry Ltd Estimates Clipped By Baird Analyst
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    01-14-15 11:10 AM
    Curious, but how many quantities were they ordering?
    Was it for a fleet in their business, or personal?
    One guy ordered 3 units and recieved one. the other guy ordered 11 and got none yet. i know that the guy who ordered 3 is not on BES but they have 8 or 9 hotels. the other one is a real estate development company. i dont think any of these are on BES.
    01-14-15 11:16 AM
    OT.
    I can not log in or view to the CB forums when on my home wired or wireless network. Neither from my PC or my passport.
    Everything works normal if I am using cellular network from my passport. It started happening for last couple of days. I have restarted all involved devices including modems and router. Not sure where else to look for the help on this issue. Sorry to post it here.

Can you tether your pc or laptop to your passport, ( use the cell connection for data ) and login from there?
    sidhuk likes this.
    01-14-15 11:17 AM
    Do you have a laptop or Ipad you can tether to your passport and login from there?
    just used chrome on my pc with Hola extention and it does work with that method. not sure if my IP got blocked by cb for some reason?
    01-14-15 11:21 AM
    one month BBRY picture.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-graph-delet.jpg
    01-14-15 11:27 AM
    Look at your Antivirus Firewall setting, I had the same problem once, with McAfee default setting.
    OT.

01-14-15 11:32 AM
    one month BBRY picture.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb graph delet.jpg 
Views:	932 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	327329
    Ouch.

01-14-15 11:43 AM
    Ouch.

Always look at te bigger picture though. This one year trend is going in the right direction to me. You just have to ride the waves.

Edit: this is BB btw, not BBRY but the trends are the same

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150114_124717.png

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 11:48 AM
    Have a look at the DOW:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dow-1-month-2015.png

Compare that to BBRY and Oil for the same period:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-oil-1-month-2015.png

They all look the same. The DOW is under pressure because oil price drops are wiping out trillions of dollars in this market. Stocks want to rally hard here but oil won't let them, we need to see energy stabilize here and than the market can pay off its energy related margin calls and get the market back on its feet. All stocks have to come under pressure to help pay for that bill. The DOW is right at its breaking point today so many stocks are at theirs too. Unless the DOW holds here, most stocks are going down too. HALO is different, they have news that changes the value of that stock and its trading range. Let's see if the DOW can turn and start heading up here, if oil can stop going down and gold stop moving up. Finally, let's not hear about any more terrorist activities and we'll have a great rally. There are a lot of nervous investors out there right now and I don't blame them. GL

I'm a buyer of BBRY today, I, like some others are converting profits in HALO into BBRY at its 200-dma.
    01-14-15 11:57 AM
    Look at your Antivirus Firewall setting, I had the same problem once, with McAfee default setting.
    Thanks for the help. turned off the firewall completly and no go. as i said, same problem from the other devices when using home network to view CB Forums.
    01-14-15 12:00 PM
    I am sorry!
    Thanks for the help. turned off the firewall completly and no go. as i said, same problem from the other devices when using home network to view CB Forums.
    sidhuk likes this.
    01-14-15 12:19 PM
    Ouch.

Not if you bought at the ends and sold in the middle like the manipulators do.

What would be fun would be to plot the timing or dates of the FUD articles and analcysts articles and blogs on the above chart.
    01-14-15 01:18 PM
    Not if you bought at the ends and sold in the middle like the manipulators do.

What would be fun would be to plot the timing or dates of the FUD articles and analcysts articles and blogs on the above chart.
    LoL. I admit that I manipulated twice in that month's time frame. Now back in again twice in two days.

bungaboy, q649, La Emperor and 2 others like this.
    01-14-15 01:25 PM
    LoL. I admit that I manipulated twice in that month's time frame. Now back in again twice in two days.

No. There are manipulators and those who take advantage of the manipulators. You are the latter.
    01-14-15 01:33 PM
113,250 ... 31213122312331243125 ...