View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Is there or is there not going to be a market correction in a couple of months from now ?

Just want some of your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Z10
    How long is a piece of rope?
    01-13-15 06:55 AM
    Short Interest
    12/31/2014 118,642,376
    Previous
    12/15/2014 111,509,772

Posted via CB10
    This actually really worries me , Its sad to say but the shorts have always been one step ahead here and to see the short numbers go up isn't a good sign but hey I hope im wrong and a massive short squeeze is just around the corner. I dont see any event moving this stock until march but they could drop some huge news anytime.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    01-13-15 07:12 AM
    Yeah, I no longer get all that excited when I see really huge short numbers.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 07:32 AM
    This actually really worries me , Its sad to say but the shorts have always been one step ahead here and to see the short numbers go up isn't a good sign but hey I hope im wrong and a massive short squeeze is just around the corner. I dont see any event moving this stock until march but they could drop some huge news anytime.
    Nothing with this stock worries me anymore honestly. I feel like so many of us have seen so many flips and turns and dives and rises that it's just white noise now. The short interest has been growing steadily and yet for the most part the stock still manages to fight up, even if it does get pulled back. It's like watching them pour more and more gunpowder in the barrel and all we are waiting for is the spark to set off the fireworks. Just my $.02

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, georg4BB and 9 others like this.
    01-13-15 07:38 AM
    It's all about volatility I think. FUD helps create volatility. HFT and shorts make significant cash on this.
    01-13-15 07:43 AM
    Nothing with this stock worries me anymore honestly. I feel like so many of us have seen so many flips and turns and dives and rises that it's just white noise now. The short interest has been growing steadily and yet for the most part the stock still manages to fight up, even if it does get pulled back. It's like watching them pour more and more gunpowder in the barrel and all we are waiting for is the spark to set off the fireworks. Just my $.02

I agree with you , but all i know is that one of two things is going to happen because of these shorts increasing there position. Either they know something and the stock is going to take a nice hit or there will be an explosion and we will be soaring high lol
    01-13-15 07:43 AM
    Single exposed keyboard row is suppose to be touch sensitive and hence double as trackpad.

I think it'd be just cooler to have a slider form factor. 4 row keyboard that hides completely (slides in) and a tool-belt that's below the touchscreen.

Like Torch.

Instead of this gimmicky one exposed row which only serves half the functionality. Toolbelt would have given you trackpad, call/end buttons.

Posted via CB10
    That single exposed row could do both. It could be the toolbelt when the keyboard is retracted and it could morph into the top row when the pkb comes out.
    Do you really need the toolbelt and the keyboard at the same time?

BB10 4 ME
    01-13-15 07:49 AM
    That single exposed row could do both. It could be the toolbelt when the keyboard is retracted and it could morph into the top row when the pkb comes out.
    Do you really need the toolbelt and the keyboard at the same time?
    BB10 4 ME
    Or make them customizable: The user can assign specific functions to each key, or some of the keys.

I'm curious: Is it possible to use the PPs keyboard touch function (scrolling etc.) with a single row of keys?
    Passport owners: Could you please cover the second and third row with paper und try to use the first row only? Is it still useful then?
    01-13-15 08:14 AM
    Or make them customizable: The user can assign specific functions to each key, or some of the keys.

I'm curious: Is it possible to use the PPs keyboard touch function (scrolling etc.) with a single row of keys?
    Passport owners: Could you please cover the second and third row with paper und try to use the first row only? Is it still useful then?
    Just tried it. It works. I turned the phone side way and scrolled with only the first row. Playing around a bit, it seems that each key is a node and the vector is projected from one key to the next. Velocity seems to be determined by the time separation between the nodes.
    01-13-15 08:36 AM
    Whoa, is that green that I see?
    Welcome back my friend, it's been so long!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 08:48 AM
    OT:

MorganPlus8: can you comment on XOMA, THLD, OXGN and AEZS? I've positions ($500 each) in all of them and they are all red (between 30 to 40% loss in each based on current value)
    ONLY OT ALERT!

Hey chrysaurora !!!

I'll talk about two of them at this time. You asked me about XOMA a week or two ago, I believe I said that the sector is on fire and that it is a very good stock, the chart pattern is one that shows a bottom already in the stock and it is ready to move back into the $ 4.25/shr plus area. You bought it for around $ 3.95/shr so you are barely under water in that one so hang onto it and let it make you some money. Not all biotechs rally at the same time so give this one some time.

The next one is THLD - they have decided to go ahead with a complete/expensive study, and that's not a negative, a great company just the same, they have everything they need to rally here despite the fact that they so committed to their drug study. The chart is turning bullish, the stock is closing in on its 200-dma, way above its 50-dma and heading for $ 4.00/shr plus. Again, not all biotechs rally at the same time so wait for this one.

The other two aren't anything I have been talking about so you will have to figure out why you bought them in the first place.
    If the stock is not on the Baker Brothers list:
    BAKER BROS ADVISORS LLC : Portfolio Holdings | J3SG
    you should do some serious research and wonder why the experts don't like them. Having said that, OXGN is about to breakout above its 50-dma and go for a run here, so look at their chart, research their balance sheet to see what cash/debt they have on the books and also look at their product to see if it has legs.

AEZS - not one that I would follow so you have to look into its cash/debt, products and any news that drove it down. The stock is trying to close above its 50-dma and start a rally upward from here.

None of your stocks should be sold right now, you have two poor ones (latter two) and two very good ones that will come back in 2015. Stick with them as they are about to turn positive again. If you do some research on the latter two, come back to me and we'll look at the data. Good luck.
    01-13-15 08:53 AM
    The short numbers are getting quite high and in the two week period after earnings, the stock went from $9.50 to $11.00. After this period, the stock took a dive to yesterday's close of around $10.00.

I would bet there wasn't much covering going on down to $10.00 so for me, even thought I'm super Long Blackberry, I take the opportunities to accumulate/reduce a portion of my shares. With the proceeds, I set more shares as permanently Long.

There seems to be a lot of support at $10. If the support busts, we have the shorts that may start covering. I'll be buying some more this morning.

About 30% of my long shares were earned by selling options and trading sideways over the last few years.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 08:59 AM
    I agree with you , but all i know is that one of two things is going to happen because of these shorts increasing there position. Either they know something and the stock is going to take a nice hit or there will be an explosion and we will be soaring high lol
    The same could be said of all of us longs that are increasing our position on the dips. The shorts are speculating and hoping on the past history of volatility of the stock as others have said. As a mid term play, i.e 2-3 quarters out they can still do this. But we invest on our understanding of the fundamentals of the company rather than the stocks track record for a long play. Keep the faith!

01-13-15 09:03 AM

Yep. In fact the space bar works pretty well as a trackpad. When reading I usually use just that key or press it for page-down

Posted with my flash Passport
    georg4BB likes this.
    01-13-15 10:20 AM
    01-13-15 10:37 AM
    Hi folks,
    been around but just quietly buying up what I can ...

has the classic 10:30 dip been moved up to 11:30?

Just wondering...
    Cheers
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    01-13-15 10:38 AM
    Morgan, how low do you see BBRY falling before we bounce up back to the 11 range? Do you have an anticipated timeframe for the bounce back? I see we have breached below the $10 level.

Thanks

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    01-13-15 10:44 AM
    Morgan, how low do you see BBRY falling before we bounce up back to the 11 range? Do you have an anticipated timeframe for the bounce back? I see we have breached below the $10 level.

Thanks

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    Hi Zaydub !!

I was just pulling a chart on this one a few minutes ago. Looks like it is drifting back to support at the 200-dma and the uptrend line there. At that point, the RSI will equal 30 which is then over-sold:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-jan-13-2015.png

So just on TA, it is drifting again, I would think we could touch $ 9.50/shr, spend a couple of days there at the most, or just hit it intraday and bounce right away. The volume is so light down here, we haven't seen this type of movement, no stops being hit, just no one interested in the stock right now. The reason I say we haven't seen this in awhile is the fact that 20,000 shares could drive it right back up by $ .10 to $ .20 a share.

We are at a point where the company still doesn't have a single driver, there is zero growth in its business model so its hard to get investors interested in it today. As soon as they announce a driver, whether it is BES12 uptake or solid hardware sales, the stock will rally hard. So far, we aren't hearing anything from BB lately. It all good to hear that they have a road map, but we need to see that some part of that road map is starting to pay off. I still see a hard rally coming, shorts are going to get hung out to dry/fry here but we need to hear about that tipping point or driver and they are quiet right now. Heck, the volume is so light, we could have a sharp rally at any moment here. Quiet times for the stock.

These are great times to sell naked puts or use TA to find a likely entry point. So far, it is the 200-dma again, unless someone steps in and drives it hard. Like I say, I could tell you to look at the 200-dma and while I'm saying it, the stock could go positive by $ .20/shr!
    01-13-15 10:59 AM
    Mr fac-u-llet is at again. I will not post it, it's not worth my time.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 11:04 AM
    Here it is:
    BlackBerry?s effort to win back corporate customers faces uphill struggle - The Globe and Mail

SEAN SILCOFF
    OTTAWA � The Globe and Mail

BlackBerry Ltd.�s attempts to win back corporate customers appear to be encountering resistance from key decision makers, according to a new report by a Wall Street analyst.

In a survey this month of 150 chief information officers in the U.S. and Europe, Morgan Stanley analyst James Faucette found the amount who were willing to evaluate BlackBerry�s server software for centrally managing their employees� smartphones had declined to about 15 per cent from about 22 per cent last June. Meanwhile, the number that have evaluated BlackBerry�s software and decided to take a pass has nearly doubled over that period, to 21 respondents.

�BlackBerry was at or near the top in several categories like �No plans to evaluate,� Mr. Faucette wrote in a report Tuesday, �hardly the indication of burgeoning interest� that would justify the company�s share price. Mr. Faucette is one of the more pessimistic analysts following BlackBerry, with a $7 (U.S.) price target on the stock, more than 30 per cent lower than its closing price Monday on Nasdaq.

BlackBerry once had a hammerlock on the corporate and government, or �enterprise� market, but the emergence of rivals in the device management business as well as the embrace by corporations of �bring your own device� policies substantially weakened BlackBerry�s position. The company was also slow to update its software to allow enterprise users to manage multiple types of devices, while software it introduced to manage its new BlackBerry 10 platform was not compatible with its earlier products.

BlackBerry CEO John Chen has attempted to make up for the company�s market stumbles by introducing new software that not only enables corporations to centrally manage all previous BlackBerry platforms, but Apple and Android smartphones as well.

But those efforts are not registering as Mr. Chen might hope with the CIOs Mr. Faucette has surveyed. In his report, the analyst said the amount of surveyed CIOs who had bought or planned to buy BlackBerry�s offering had declined slightly, to 8 per cent in January from October, despite a heavy push by the company last fall to roll out the new all-encompassing server software. �BlackBerry was the ONLY platform that saw a sequential decline in the percentage of respondents who have either purchased or planned to purchase the company�s solution,� Mr. Faucette wrote. He added his survey suggest the company will struggle to meet its goal of doubling forecast software revenue in its fiscal year starting March 1 to US$500-million.

Morgan Stanley has been active as an underwriter in the device management space, leading the recent initial public offering of BlackBerry rival Mobile Iron, Inc., and listed as the lead underwriting for the upcoming IPO of another long-time BlackBerry rival, Good Technology Corp.

Morgan Stanley did not disclose the identities of the survey respondents, saying they came from corporations of $500-million or more in annual revenue.

Last month, Mr. Chen highlighted the fact that 4,900 corporate and government customers had signed up for the company�s �EZ Pass� offering enabling them to upgrade from older BlackBerry server software and from rival offerings to its latest version. That compared to 3,500 in August.

However, Mr. Faucette noted in another recent report that those sign-ups only represent �reservations� to buy the new server software when a free trial period ends on Jan. 31. �The number of active EZ Pass users will not be known� until afterward �and will likely be a much lower number,� Mr. Faucette wrote.

A BlackBerry spokesman said the company was declining to comment on the report.

Mr. Chen told journalists last month he was frustrated by skeptics who doubt his turnaround plan, noting that much of the promised revenue increases from new initiatives likely won�t appear until mid-2015. The company also released two new smartphones in the fall, and it�s unclear from its results for the quarter ended Nov. 29 how successful they will be. One promising sign is renewed support from US carrier AT&T, which has indicated it will put more marketing effort behind the new Passport and Classic smartphones than it has for recent BlackBerry products. The company has also benefited from cost-cutting measures, ekeing out an adjusted profit of 1 cent per share in the third quarter. It also has $3.1-billion of cash and investments. But the company�s revenue from its highly profitable service fees charged for users of its older smartphones is steadily declining by more than 10 per cent from quarter to quarter, and it �needs to figure out a way to return to revenue growth� to replace that, Mr. Faucette said.
    01-13-15 11:15 AM
    Looks like Canaccord also being quoted:

Apple iPhone 6 Tops the Charts, Says Canaccord; BBRY Still Struggles - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Apple iPhone 6 Tops the Charts, Says Canaccord; BBRY Still Struggles
    Email
    Print

smaller
    Larger
    By Tiernan Ray

Canaccord Genuity’s Mike Walkley today offers up the results of his survey of the U.S. wireless market in December and early January showed Apple (AAPL) notching big gains, causing him to raise his estimate for the company’s sales in December to 68 million units from 65 million.

Walkley, who has a Buy rating on Apple stock, and a $135 price target, conducted surveys of online storefronts of the major U.S. carriers, and engaged in chats with representatives at physical store locations.

He writes that Apple’s iPhone had the top two slots among top smartphones in the U.S. in the last month or so. Although supply has been improving, there is still lack of supply for some configurations:

Our surveys indicated the iPhone 6/ 6 Plus smartphones were by far the top selling smartphones at all four tier-1 U.S carriers. For the iPhone 6, our surveys at 100 plus stores indicated the 16GB SKU was available in the majority of stores, the 64GB SKU was available in roughly 50-60% of the stores, and the 128GB SKU in-store availability varied by carrier. For the iPhone 6 Plus, our surveys indicated the 16GB SKU was in most stores, but the 64GB/128GB SKUs had very limited availability. Our conversations with store representatives indicated the 64GB SKUs were extremely popular with consumers, but supply for these SKUs remained tight with Apple typically replenishing store sell-outs through frequent small shipment batches.

Samsung Electronics’s (005930KS) “Galaxy Note 4” phablet came in at the number three spot at all four major U.S. carriers in December and January, he writes.

Here’s the table of results (click on the image to see it in a larger version):

Canaccord Apple iPhone 6 tops charts January 2015

Walkley also updates his findings for BlackBerry (BBRY), whose shares he rates a Hold, with a $10 price target. Surveying sales of the recently introduced “Classic,” Walkley finds “pockets of solid sales offset by soft initial sales in the U.S. market.

Walkley is lowering his hardware estimates for BlackBerry, noting that the company has switched to reporting “sell through” of devices to end users versus “sell in” to the channel.

He thinks the company probably will hit bottom in shipments in the current quarter, but will continue to struggle:

Despite our updated expectations for lower sales levels for the lower margin hardware business in Q4/F15, we believe Q4/F15 could mark the low point for hardware sales. Despite our expectations for gradually improving hardware sales and margins in F2016 due to new product introductions, we anticipate BlackBerry will continue to post operating losses through F16 given the steep decline in the higher margin Services business only partially offset by growing Software sales. Post the EZPass expiration in December, we believe BlackBerry faces the challenging task of not only selling EMM subscriptions, but it must also upsell VAS to new subscribers in a highly competitive enterprise mobility market to offset declining services revenue.

Walkley cuts his estimate for this fiscal year to $3.399 billion in sales from $3.45 billion, and now sees a 21-cent loss versus the prior 18-cent loss.
    01-13-15 11:20 AM
    Looks like the anti freedom, democracy and free market BlackBerry hating shorts are playing their games. I would say these organized shorts are anti canadian and trying to keep another great canadian company down. History has proven the US will take all measures to take down a superior company down like BlackBerry just like they did with the Avro arrow which was at least a decade ahead of anyone else at the time. Talk to those old guys who were working there at the time. They will blow your mind away as what they have to say won't be written in history books.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 11:20 AM
    the stock could go positive by $ .20/shr!
    Just curious what you mean by this

You mean. 20cents EPS or it'll increase from the 9.90 range where it's at right now by 20cents?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 11:27 AM
    Thank you for this post !

The "QNX" video following is also very good. Seems more in depth, not sure if you all saw it, sorry for the repost :

QNX Maserati In-car System Demonstration (Video) -
    01-13-15 11:28 AM
    Looks like the anti freedom, democracy and free market BlackBerry hating shorts are playing their games. I would say these organized shorts are anti canadian and trying to keep another great canadian company down. History has proven the US will take all measures to take down a superior company down like BlackBerry just like they did with the Avro arrow which was at least a decade ahead of anyone else at the time. Talk to those old guys who were working there at the time. They will blow your mind away as what they have to say won't be written in history books.

Posted via CB10
    There are times when I have to wonder if you even believe the FUD you spew

sati01 and anon(4086547) like this.
    01-13-15 11:28 AM
113,256 ... 31183119312031213122 ...