View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Superfly -- There are no words. Please know, though, that I among the many people on this thread send my best thoughts to you, to the people of France, and to advocates of free speech everywhere.
    01-09-15 11:14 AM
    Yes, The DOW is flat on the year so far, I think we are in for a great rally in the weeks ahead. The energy dividend puts a floor on this market. There are a large number of stocks like BBRY with little volume. I've been sitting here for two days trying to buy more PSDV under $ 4.10/shr, getting a lousy 3,000 shares per day so far, not enjoying this pace at all. I'll post a chart on BBRY later, nothing has changed with it, we are drifting back until the DOW bottoms out here, I think it already has, we'll find support around the 50-dma as usual until things start moving again. I'll get back to you later, I have some PSDV paint to watch dry right now!
    OT. Psdv doesn't seem like it's done a whole lot since it bottomed out. Just curious what play you see developing here as I don't see a whole lot of news that would spur an upward drive. Thanks

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-09-15 11:21 AM
    Totally OT!

What's the world coming to when even the criminal element won't try to steal my BlackBerry.

Cheshire police data reveals Nokia and Blackberry phones not as popular with thieves

Thefts of Nokia and Blackberry phones in the county have plummeted, according to data released by Cheshire Constabulary.

Just under one in four mobile phones reported as stolen in 2011 were Blackberry devices and 12.7% were Nokias.

But in 2014 thefts of these phones in the county nose-dived, with only one in 20 stolen made by Blackberry while 6.4% were Nokia models.

iPhones, meanwhile, have been firmly established as the most popular choice, with 49.1 per cent of stolen phones in 2014 being Apple creations.

Samsung phones are also proving desirable to thieves, with 24% of phones stolen in Cheshire last year being Samsungs - up from 12.9% in 2011.

The figures were released to the Chronicle under the Freedom of Information Act.

Out of the 47 UK police forces to whom the request for information was sent, 39 replied with mobile phone theft figures.*************

On average the number of phones that have been stolen in the UK over past two years compared to the previous two has dropped by 12% from 545,064 in 2011 and 2012 to 479,908 in 2013 and 2014.

The Police Service of Northern Ireland recorded the biggest increase in thefts in the UK with 40 per cent more phones stolen in the most recent two years compared to 2011 and 2012.*************

Cheshire Constabulary reported a slight drop of 6.3 per cent over the same period from 5,062 to 4,742.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 11:30 AM
    OT:

what's the best way to play an Oil rebound? I think around $46 I want to start averaging in for an eventual recovery....$40ish should be a floor but it could rebound before that.

Just buy a double bull ETF on crude?
    Corbu and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-09-15 11:30 AM
    We're about to launch 100,000 patients with pre-hypertension or hypertension ... we'll actually capture their weight, blood pressure, heart-rate and medication in real time," Soon-Shiong told the magazine. The HBOX will use its BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) service to allow patients and doctors to track an illness. A patient could get BBMs alerting them to take their medicine while doctors could get messages that track how a treatment is working after the patient leaves their office. NantHealth uses BlackBerry’s QNX software on its devices
    BlackBerry Ltd. Unveils BBM-Powered Health Tracker At CES 2015
    So we got 100k patients ready to jump into the program who would be using BBM to communicate with the respective doctors courtesy of the Hbox device. Some very sensitive information will be transmitted about personal health over a conceivable long period of time. It may not be too much of a stretch that maybe just maybe the patients enrolled in the program will be encouraged to use a BBRY device in the program, if they are not already using one. This is to apply end to end top security of course. Besides you don't want these info falling into the wrong hands. And with the devices now easily available thru AT&T with monthly plans, this maybe an easy sell for BBRY if Nanthealth pushes it. The timing of availability could be coincidental but...

Of course, BBM on IOS, Android or Windows maybe secure enough as long as it is in BES 12 ( for a monthly fee of course ) run by Nanthealth.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 01-09-15 at 01:06 PM.
    01-09-15 11:37 AM
    Aurgh. Just looking at BBRY news on Bloomberg app. This completely P:sses me off that the continuously do stuff like this..... the put an old negative article and highlight it again front and center. just to add to the negativity towards the company.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150109_104417.png

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 11:49 AM
    Totally OT!

What's the world coming to when even the criminal element won't try to steal my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    It's more likely representative of the consumer market and what people buy. It'd hard to steal something that no one has

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 11:52 AM
    OT. Psdv doesn't seem like it's done a whole lot since it bottomed out. Just curious what play you see developing here as I don't see a whole lot of news that would spur an upward drive. Thanks

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    helopilot06 !!!

I'll keep it short because we are OT. PSDV has $ 39 MM in cash in the bank and for a company with a market cap of just $ 118 MM, that's a boat load of cash. In addition, they are receiving approval to launch their existing drug into other countries while having a new drug delivery system approved and ready to take to market. Management is clearly doing a wonderful job running this tiny company.

Please read this article:
    Tiny device and lots of teamwork save Olathe leukemia patient?s sight | The Kansas City Star

This is not a minor improvement in the quality of life for their patients. I have talked to senior management and I have to say, I'm very impressed with their business model. So now I like to buy stock when no one else is interested. I can afford to sit on the block for quite some time so I'm not looking for a momentum play here. As they report revenues this year, analysts will start to cover the stock and this one is perfect for a sustained rally. A tight float, tons of cash, great products, cheap. GL
    01-09-15 12:02 PM
    Passport is 66th ranked best seller in its category unlocked phones on amazon.. not looking good for blackberry.
    01-09-15 12:10 PM
    Passport is 66th ranked best seller in its category unlocked phones on amazon.. not looking good for blackberry.
    No its not looking good! Instead it's looking great!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 12:17 PM
    I use the Bloomberg app. Does all those. Just a little confusing to set up initially. But if I can figure it out I'm sure you can lol

Posted via CB10
    Hi CDM76,

Thanks for the reply.
    Are you using the Bloomberg Professional app? or the "orange" basic one ?
    I believe the Pro version requires a subscription.
    I downloaded the "orange" one and it doesn't offer that much. Just compiles my purchases to obtain total value of portfolio and that is basically it; wasn't able to log and adjust any other type of transactions that would in turn adjust my portfolio. (unless I missing something with it)
    01-09-15 12:25 PM
    Here are some thoughts from a couple of legends.

Graham said:

There is intelligent speculation as there is intelligent investing. But there are many ways in which speculation may be unintelligent. Of these the foremost are:

speculating when you think you are investing
    speculating seriously when you lack proper knowledge and skill for it
    risking more money in speculation than you can afford to lose

Livermore said:

The game of speculation is the most uniformly fascinating game in the world. But it is not a game for the stupid, the mentally lazy, the person of inferior emotional balance, or the get-rich-quick adventurer. They will die poor.
    Speculation is a hard and trying business, and a speculator must be on the job all the time or he'll soon have no job to be on.
    Bacon Munchers and 3MIKE like this.
    01-09-15 12:37 PM
    So we got 100k patients ready to jump into the program who would be using BBM to communicate with the respective doctors courtesy of the Hbox device. Some very sensitive information will be transmitted about personal health over a conceivable long period of time. It may not be too much of a stretch that maybe just maybe the patients enrolled in the program will be encouraged to use a BBRY device in the program, if they are not already using one. This is to apply end to end top security of course. Besides you don't want these info falling into the wrong hands. And with the devices now easily available thru AT&T with monthly plans, this maybe an easy sell for BBRY if Nanthealth pushes it.

Of course, BBM on IOS, Android or Windows maybe secure enough as long as it is in BES 12 ( for a monthly fee of course ) run by Nanthealth.
    Forgot to add that BBM video and Blend would be so useful in interacting with your doctor, so that would be another incentive to use a BBRY device while in the program.
    01-09-15 12:39 PM

Graham said:

There is intelligent speculation as there is intelligent investing. But there are many ways in which speculation may be unintelligent. Of these the foremost are:

Livermore said:

The game of speculation is the most uniformly fascinating game in the world. But it is not a game for the stupid, the mentally lazy, the person of inferior emotional balance, or the get-rich-quick adventurer. They will die poor.
    Speculation is a hard and trying business, and a speculator must be on the job all the time or he'll soon have no job to be on.
    I see you opted for the least interesting quotes these gentlemen are famous for. Anyone here could've come up with these lessons in investing, or life for that matter. Keep trying Munx. We've seen types like you come and go.. come, and go.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 12:47 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies files:

Apple has a serious problem with software quality | ZDNet
    We know that the phrase "it just works" was mostly marketing fluff, but Apple did manage to preserve a long track record for delivering solid products, and that is no longer the case. Whatever the reason, given the size of Apple, and the amount of cash it has, the company should be able to get its act together, and as such we should not make excuses for it. Bugs are one thing, but a huge bug list of issues that directly affect the usage of a product is another thing entirely. This isn't some startup we're dealing with here. This needs dealing with, and dealing with fast, because otherwise consumers will start to vote with their feet and go looking for a better product elsewhere.
    Somewhat curious how Xiaomi will compete with them in China?
    01-09-15 12:54 PM
    I also have a quote from a Legend, when I was 3 years old:
    "A tick can cause some irritation as it clings to your balls, but eventually it will get flicked off and die." Or something to that effect. LOL...
    01-09-15 01:05 PM

Graham said:

Livermore said:

Wow. So you are another one here to tell me indirectly that I am stupid if I don't invest your way? God save us from people like you. Are you ticked off that we are not listening to you?
    Please don't tell me how and what to do.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    01-09-15 01:06 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150109_135348.png
    Tried to attach a screen shot from my stock program.
    First time in a while that all the articles listed for BBRY were positive. Nice to see. Now let's get the stock to react.

Posted from my PassPort
    01-09-15 01:29 PM
    I see you opted for the least interesting quotes these gentlemen are famous for. Anyone here could've come up with these lessons in investing, or life for that matter. Keep trying Munx. We've seen types like you come and go.. come, and go.

Posted via CB10
    Wow. So you are another one here to tell me indirectly that I am stupid if I don't invest your way? God save us from people like you. Are you ticked off that we are not listening to you?

It's comments like these that turn people off from this thread, not the one y'all are responding to, and yes, it's not what you say, it's how you say it.
    01-09-15 01:41 PM
    gentleman or gal's, I can't stop laughing! Thanks!

Tick was a good one!

Let me see if I can get famous with my thoughts?

I know what happened in the market yesterday and I know what's happening now, but I don't know what will happen tomorrow. That doesn't work, it's Saturday tomorrow, markets are closed.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bbjdog; 01-09-15 at 02:30 PM.
    01-09-15 01:44 PM
    Going back to the original announcement of BBRY and Nanthealth in April of last year, the flow of info in this healthcare solution has to be run on BBM Protected ( now available in IOS and Android as well ). At the very least subscriptions services would be required.
    This investment and planned collaboration aligns with the reliability, security and versatility of BlackBerry’s end-to-end solutions – from the embedded QNX� operating system powering complex medical devices, to secure cloud-based networks, to instantaneous information sharing over BBM Protected,” said BlackBerry CEO and Executive Chair, John Chen.
    BlackBerry Invests in NantHealth for Integrated End-To-End Healthcare Solutions - Press Releases

Also, not sure if this is common knowledge here but before Nanthealth got in bed with BBRY, they were already working with AT&T, etc. So for AT&T to be carrying Classic and Passports exclusively ( for now ) it may have been influenced by this previous relationship
    NantHealth, a health IT company has teamed with AT&T, HP Intel and Verizon to create a supercomputer, similar to the Powerserve Quatro, that will reduce the time required to analyze genomic data of a patient with cancer. What would have normally taken eight weeks, now takes a mere 47 seconds.
    NantHealth | pssclabs.com
    01-09-15 01:48 PM
    OT:

what's the best way to play an Oil rebound? I think around $46 I want to start averaging in for an eventual recovery....$40ish should be a floor but it could rebound before that.

Just buy a double bull ETF on crude?
    Research companies lived by value investors that are down 80%+. But Jan 2016 calls because they are cheap. That is, they have very small time premiums due to perceived risk.

Find the oil oil everywhere thread at corner of Berkshire and Fairfax and read .

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 01:52 PM

Those were tenants of value investing.

Here's another one.

The speculators hall of fame consists of an empty room. Want me to show you the value investing hall of fame? Klarman, Watsa, buffett.....

Investing is a zero sum game. If you have a high turnover you will largely trend the market less commissions. The only winner in this case is the intermediary (your broker) . Long term oriented value investors buy 50 cent dollars and sell the dollars later for $1 and don't waste much on commisions.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 01:57 PM
    01-09-15 01:59 PM
    It's comments like these that turn people off from this thread, not the one y'all are responding to, and yes, it's not what you say, it's how you say it.
    Respectfully disagree with you.
    Would you care to explain plz?

01-09-15 02:35 PM
113,256 ... 31103111311231133114 ...