Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    LOL...EPIC. MP8

Classically Posted.
    georg4BB, q649, bungaboy and 9 others like this.
    01-09-15 08:00 AM
    Lol, no kidding...which also begs the question: Can we count each of the new container tracking gadgets as devices?? Technically they are hardened smart phones without screens or keyboards...well???

Classically Posted.
    BGR, Engadget, Nowak from CBC and TechCrunch will all do a review and say it's too little to late and DOA......and criticize the poor screen and lack of keyboard

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    01-09-15 08:03 AM
    Yeah, that's assuming there were no other subscriptions since the ER. And assuming there are no add-ons. And assuming the conversion rate is only 30%. And not accounting for BBM revenue.

You start adding these up and it starts approaching that $50mil number.

Posted via CB10
    The 6.8M number includes all issued licenses. A couple of points:

Bbry was offering free trade-ins from competitors so I believe many firms accepted the offer as a backup plan. These may be difficult converts to paying customers. Approximately 30% of the licenses from approx 3.5M (Q2) to 6.8M (Q3) were from competing platforms.

Legacy clients with perpetual licenses get free upgrades to BES12 silver. I don't fully understand how the fee structure works for these client but I read somewhere that they will only be paying for tech help on an as required basis, no monthly ARPU if they don't upgrade to gold. The vast majority of the 6.8M will be legacy converts.

Maybe a resident expert can explain how legacy perpetual license holders convert to paying customers under the EZ Pass program.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:08 AM
    BGR, Engadget, Nowak from CBC and TechCrunch will all do a review and say it's too little to late and DOA......and criticize the poor screen and lack of keyboard

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    LOL...

Classically Posted.
    01-09-15 08:08 AM
    MP8 thanks for the morning laugh.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:11 AM
    OT
    For all you POETs out there.

POET Technologies Announces Operational, Financial Position, "Lab-to-Fab" Transition, and Milestone Updates

Financial Position
    we start the new year with a cash balance of approximately $12.5 million, a 350% increase from a year earlier.

Lab-to-Fab" Transition: 100-nm and 40-nm Scaling Program Update
    Significant progress has been made towards transfer of critical manufacturing steps to the "3rd party foundry".

Milestone Update
    PDK milestone has been moved to Q1 2015 so that the release incorporates the latest innovations currently being developed in the UCONN Lab and in parallel with the "3rd party foundry".
    01-09-15 08:15 AM

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    You forgot the Glob 'n Fail. AKA the Glob & Maul
    01-09-15 08:15 AM
    BBM on Android wear + quick video with Jeff Gadway:
    BlackBerry will invade your wrist by bringing BBM to Android Wear

And guess who's back... Same basic demo:

http://fortune.com/2015/01/09/blackb...rtwatch-scene/
    BlackBerry Is gearing up to enter the sizzling smartwatch scene
    Last edited by Corbu; 01-09-15 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Added second link
    01-09-15 08:23 AM
    Reading material: I really like the title of the article!
    BlackBerry Passport Review: Don’t Believe The Haters

BlackBerry Passport Review: Don?t Believe The Haters: Prices, Specifications, Reviews | Know Your Mobile
    01-09-15 08:24 AM
    Perspective . . .

Munx on StockTwits
    01-09-15 08:30 AM
    You forgot the Glob 'n Fail. AKA the Glob & Maul
    Let's also not forget the dozen or so threads that will be started on CB stating they are loyal BlackBerry users since 19xx, have used every BlackBerry device ever made, but are leaving BlackBerry now because of this shipping container device, as it no longer is competitive spec wise.......

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    01-09-15 08:46 AM
    Hey M8

Are you still expecting use to rally here at the beginning of the year. I dont see any drivers until Mobile world congress then ER unless shorts want to drive this thing up.
    01-09-15 08:50 AM
    Does anyone know of where I can download a Free Stock tracking software or excel file ?

Doesn't have to be too fancy or track live,(even though that would be nice) but allow me to input values when I buy and sell quantities and be able to show me the value of each transaction and to update my position after inputting the values.
    anyone?

I like to think that the members on this forum have the goooooooooood stuff for us juniors.

Don't be shy to host it on Mega or Dropbox...:P lol
    01-09-15 08:59 AM
    Perspective . . .

Munx on StockTwits
    I know, I know. JC sent me that link too.
    LoL.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    01-09-15 09:08 AM
    Hey M8

Are you still expecting use to rally here at the beginning of the year. I dont see any drivers until Mobile world congress then ER unless shorts want to drive this thing up.
    Yes, The DOW is flat on the year so far, I think we are in for a great rally in the weeks ahead. The energy dividend puts a floor on this market. There are a large number of stocks like BBRY with little volume. I've been sitting here for two days trying to buy more PSDV under $ 4.10/shr, getting a lousy 3,000 shares per day so far, not enjoying this pace at all. I'll post a chart on BBRY later, nothing has changed with it, we are drifting back until the DOW bottoms out here, I think it already has, we'll find support around the 50-dma as usual until things start moving again. I'll get back to you later, I have some PSDV paint to watch dry right now!
    Corbu, sidhuk, wojciechp and 7 others like this.
    01-09-15 09:12 AM
    Sorry if already posted , don't have time to catch up.
    Legendary Investor Nelson Obus Bought 2.1 Million Shares of BlackBerry Ltd; Should You Buy, Too?

http://www.fool.ca/2015/01/08/legend...d-you-buy-too/
    01-09-15 09:21 AM
    Yes. But that's not how much BlackBerry gets. Although it's ShopBlackBerry, the store is operated by Digital River or something. There is their cut in there. Same for Amazon - they take a cut.

When BlackBerry sells to carriers - BlackBerry sells it for much lower (probably $400) and incurs additional cost of packaging it for carriers, locking it for specific carriers etc.

So, ASP is no more than $400 on a Passport. Plus, factor in a small percentage for customer returns, defects etc.

That's my reasoning.

Posted via CB10
    I hope you saw my this post back couple pgaes.
    "you are probably right. i just threw out the numbers based on pure retail reporting because i didnt feel the initial argument of $50-70 mill was a serious legitimate argument. i felt that you and doc were waisting your time. LoL it was my way of saying nicely that lets change the subject.

IMO, i think Blackberry still takes home about 30% on passports. (foxcon doesn't build passports)"

01-09-15 09:21 AM
    OT: Prayers for France, sickening to see what's happening. Can't help but think this is coordinated.
    Thanks
    It is, definitely.
    01-09-15 09:22 AM
    Yes, The DOW is flat on the year so far, I think we are in for a great rally in the weeks ahead. The energy dividend puts a floor on this market. There are a large number of stocks like BBRY with little volume. I've been sitting here for two days trying to buy more PSDV under $ 4.10/shr, getting a lousy 3,000 shares per day so far, not enjoying this pace at all. I'll post a chart on BBRY later, nothing has changed with it, we are drifting back until the DOW bottoms out here, I think it already has, we'll find support around the 50-dma as usual until things start moving again. I'll get back to you later, I have some PSDV paint to watch dry right now!
    MP8 I've been doing that each time it got close to $4. LOL!
    All the best to you and thank you for that laugh this morning

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    01-09-15 09:29 AM
    Sorry if already posted , don't have time to catch up.
    Legendary Investor Nelson Obus Bought 2.1 Million Shares of BlackBerry Ltd; Should You Buy, Too?

http://www.fool.ca/2015/01/08/legend...d-you-buy-too/
    Bravo for the avatar, SF!
    01-09-15 09:35 AM
    MP8 I've been doing that each time it got close to $4. LOL!
    All the best to you and thank you for that laugh this morning

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    Ha! Ha! Ha! You bugger! I'll let you make some purchases, I have a laundry list of stocks to buy right now. I'm looking at selling some naked puts on BlackBerry this morning too. I can't stop thinking about more HALO, the list is long, and then there is SPHS for my other half of the block. Friday's are great days for grabbing some stock. We are down on the Friday blues with weak wage numbers in the US and very low employment numbers in Canada.

I should tell you that I'm having some excellent talks with a senior member of the PSDV team. Nothing I can't talk about here but the company has a very interesting perspective on their products and I'm really warming up to that play now. I own it much lower but as long as it is sitting quietly at sub $ 4.10/shr, I want to be a buyer this year.

Good luck and I'll stand aside for you!!!
    sidhuk, rarsen, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    01-09-15 09:43 AM

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    How is Munx any different? Although he (claims) is long but he believes that every thing blackberry is doing is on the decline. Hardware, services, QNX, BBM revenues, Scusmart, dual sim billing and IOT.
    Any body who switched to Bes12 is only dicking around with Blackberry as a back up plan and have absolutely no intention of staying or paying blackberry.
    Then after having this vast knowledge of blackberry he claims that he doesn't know how legacy conversion fee structures will work.
    To me, munx is more refined version of KIA.
    But at the same times, Munx brings some great Bears argument.
    Thanks Munx

01-09-15 09:47 AM
    Does anyone know of where I can download a Free Stock tracking software or excel file ?

Doesn't have to be too fancy or track live,(even though that would be nice) but allow me to input values when I buy and sell quantities and be able to show me the value of each transaction and to update my position after inputting the values.
    I use the Bloomberg app. Does all those. Just a little confusing to set up initially. But if I can figure it out I'm sure you can lol

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    01-09-15 10:03 AM
    I'm still waiting for that release, thanks Soumaila!

Posted via CB10
    Soumaila Somtore and bungaboy like this.
    01-09-15 10:44 AM
    Ok, it's over.

In Paris :
    Terrorist killed.
    4 hostages killed (to be confirmed)
    2 cops wounded (semi/light)
    => Questions about a possible second terrorist (women)

In Damartin
    2 terrorists killed.
    Hostage free & safe
    2 cops wounded (semi/light)

There's no joy, no victory. They died, they won.
    I hope there's someone (the woman) to receive the punishment of our justice.
    We need that.

P.S: I know you do this to mark sympathy, but please don't thank ... I feel uncomfortable earning any credit from that.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-09-15 at 11:50 AM.
    01-09-15 11:09 AM
113,256 ... 31093110311131123113 ...