View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BlackBerry Classic is now available on WIND!!!
    BlackBerry Classic

01-08-15 11:19 AM
    For the Longs, here's another fellow joining in.

http://www.fool.ca/2015/01/08/legend...d-you-buy-too/
    01-08-15 11:24 AM
    Wells Fargo revises BlackBerry Q4 earnings lower....... there is a "but" thou.

Seems they feel they are at bottom, and are clear to point out they are "NOT negative" on the stock.

Wells Fargo Revises BlackBerry's Q4 Earnings Lower, Suggests Shares Are Near A Bottom - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Benzinga

FWIW, I tend to agree this next quarter ER we will finally see the bottom of the revenue. Which means nowhere to go but up!

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Nice to see everyone arriving at consensus on next quarter marking the revenue trough in this turnaround. I hope this is the case.

Yesterday Wells Fargo talks to management and then revises their Q4 revenue forecast down to $721M. My one remaining concern is that hardware sales must be particularly weak and I am still trying to wrap my head around what this means for overall the overall sales mix given the recent launch of the Passport and Classic models.

As mentioned previously, service revenue is projected to drop by $54M. If overall revenue drops by $60M, then this implies hardware remains flat or slightly down from Q3. In other words, high ASP Passport and Classic device sales are not sufficient to replace low ASP device revenue loss. This is likely driven by a combination of low sales of new devices and fewer sales of older devices (declines in legacy and BB10 unit sales and soft new product sales). I now expect a further down tick in the overall user base (Q3 stood at 41M users).

Not a huge deal if this marks the bottom, but still a disappointment in terms new product launch expectations (investor expectations) and again an extension of the time horizon on when we might see meaningful upside movement.

The Good Tech �right sizing� story is very interesting as well. If the IPO doesn�t materialize or isn�t well received, we will know the competitive landscape is changing in the EMM space, hopefully due to BES12.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    01-08-15 11:31 AM
    http://techcrunch.com/2015/01/07/sou...than-100-jobs/

Umm...what? Well ahead of BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    "According to IDC, MobileIron and AirWatch are the big dogs in this space (MDM), with Good, Citrix and IBM in the second tier.

It�s important to remember back when*BlackBerry ruled the enterprise pre-2010, this was BlackBerry�s world and everyone else was secondary, but they have dropped well back in the pack now, according to IDC."

Ummmm.... huh?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 11:36 AM
    01-08-15 11:54 AM
    OT HALO WARNING

Please don't feel you need to chase after this stock. Three weeks ago it was under $ 8.00/shr so many have huge profits, then there are the shorts who will try to stop the rally and pull it back to cover some shares. You will have time to buy stock here so don't feel you need to chase it right now. At $ 14.00 to $ 16.00/shr it is in a reasonable range for a month or two to work off all of those cheap shares. The average target price looks like it is going to be at the 52-week high and we rarely ever hit the 12-month target price within days of news. I would look at selling some calls on the stock while it works off some overhead. The best scenario is for it to base out and then begin a rally into the $ 20.00's on light volume. We might be a couple of months away from that type of gradual climb that no one notices until it is too late to get in. So relax and enjoy the investment, if it drops back a buck or two, buy some more. GL

PS. I bought a block of this stock last week for my wife who now wants me to sell it and claim her profit, there are others like that out there who care less about the underlying story, they just want to take that profit. Enough said!
    Thank you, Morgan. This gives me time to apply for legal trade on the NASDAQ. I remember I hastily purchased BB.TO shares instead of the NASDAQ when I first opened my brokerline account, something about needing to apply and what not.

This was what my bank told me. If someone else from the UK knows any better, please feel free to let me know.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-08-15 12:11 PM
    Tech Today: Apple?s Plus-Sized Holiday, Google Non-Catalysts, BBRY?s IoT, Yahoo! Agitation - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Some responses are trickling out to BlackBerry (BBRY) CEO John Chen’s presentation yesterday at CES regarding the company’s plans to make a software comeback in Internet of Things.

RBC Capital Markets’s Mark Sue reiterates a Sector Perform rating on the stock, writing that the IoT efforts will “take time,” and that “we believe the majority of the growth in BlackBerry’s software revenue in FY16 will stem from monetizing its enterprise software, given the prior success of EZ Pass upgrades to BES10 and the scale of BlackBerry’s enterprise business.”

BlackBerry shares are down 6 cents at $10.61 after yesterday rising half a percent.
    01-08-15 12:17 PM
    OT: Related Technology

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/appl...llar-1.2893724

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 12:27 PM
    Holy crap, is he turning into a rock star CEO? That would be great news for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, rarsen, plasmid_boy and 7 others like this.
    01-08-15 12:42 PM
    Holy crap, is he turning into a rock star CEO? That would be great news for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    He's a star, people want to take pictures with him !!

Z10
    CDM76, bungaboy and BACK-2-BLACK like this.
    01-08-15 12:51 PM
    Any news with the ces today gents?

#BBFactCheck
    01-08-15 12:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Best quote Chen quote from the video: "We are already at the forefront (of IOT)"
    01-08-15 01:01 PM
    I know we love HALO. Anyone looking into oil? Be greedy when others are fearful.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-08-15 01:11 PM
    Best quote Chen quote from the video: "We are already at the forefront (of IOT)"
    It's an accurate statement.

Keep in mind that this isn't him saying leader. He is saying they are in the group involved with first generation development.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:13 PM
    Chen talks about wearables,
    slide the cursor to skip the commercial.

I don't know how to take the commercial out before sharing it !

Z10
    01-08-15 01:13 PM
    Good refresher reading here:

http://www.aaii.com/journal/article/...t-filled.touch

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:14 PM
    Chen talks about wearables,
    slide the cursor to skip the commercial.

I don't know how to take the commercial out before sharing it !

Z10
    http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000344431

Sorry here's the video !

Z10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-08-15 01:14 PM

As mentioned previously, service revenue is projected to drop by $54M. If overall revenue drops by $60M, then this implies hardware remains flat or slightly down from Q3.
    Or it could implies that the original projection was wrong.
    And that people LOVE the new BlackBerrys as the users are rating them 4.5/5 (now on Amazon) and better than that of iPhones.
    Just a wild speculation (like yours).
    01-08-15 01:16 PM
    And that people LOVE the new BlackBerrys as the users are rating them 4.5/5 (now on Amazon) and better than that of iPhones.
    Maybe my perspective is wrong. I certainly hope so, but if the business model is shifting to enterprise, ie service, and that's where revenue is tanking, that's scary.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    01-08-15 01:26 PM
    People are rating them well and I certainly like my Passport. However unit sales are not strong enough to offset service revenue decline of approx $50M/Q. That is fact, not wild speculation.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:42 PM
    Maybe my perspective is wrong. I certainly hope so, but if the business model is shifting to enterprise, ie service, and that's where revenue is tanking, that's scary.
    They're tanking because BlackBerry is losing old revenue streams (BIS, BES5) before new ones (BES12, BBM, IoT, Samsung, NantHealth) are fully open.

The important things thing is that the groundwork has been laid, partnerships formed and interest is being shown by customers (BES12, BBM, Ford) and media.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:48 PM
    You have every reason to be nervous here, as BlackBerry shifts from a BIS payer model to that of a value-added, up-sale model, they are losing old customers of BB07 while not being completely ready to absorb them as BES12 consumers. The up-sale takes time as well, something BlackBerry now has, being cash-flow positive, and a bank load of money. The next 2 quarters will be very telling indeed and many of us are hoping to see high conversions to the new BlackBerry model. I believe it will happen, the press is getting onboard, Chen is out there in the media almost daily now, no one ever sees Tim Cook other than quarterly reports and an annual launch of old technology.

Chen is right, "now the fun begins", he gets to do what all CEO's hope to do, leave their mark on a growing company (he holds 8.5 MM shares in options at $ 8.85/shr) and has every reason to work round the clock on this project. With all the news about security, BB is primed to succeed here, he just has to be patient and get the message out there, I think he will. Services can only go to zero at this stage, he has the cash to wait this transition out and see some uptake.
    W Hoa, ibpluto, awindsr and 20 others like this.
    01-08-15 01:48 PM
    Your perspective can't be wrong (it can't be by definition).
    Especially in this case where people are throwing out fictitious numbers and then project scenarios based on those numbers.
    But you're right, we should be worry if service revenue declines after the initial switch over to BES12 is stabilized. But that remains to be seen.
    01-08-15 01:49 PM
    I think we will see a different narrative by the end of this year. Enterprise will always be important, and certainly the backbone of the company, but the average consumer is what made BlackBerry the big name it was, and I think that if the next lineup of phones is good, we will see BlackBerry back in the consumer space...apps will arrive, everyone will stop worrying, and everything will be wonderful. IoT will be interesting to watch develop as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:51 PM
    People are rating them well and I certainly like my Passport. However unit sales are not strong enough to offset service revenue decline of approx $50M/Q. That is fact, not wild speculation.

Posted via CB10
    Where did you get $60M from, was that not a wild speculation?
    sidhuk, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    01-08-15 01:54 PM
113,256 ... 31053106310731083109 ...