View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Great, another stock I have to take off my watch list. I got into Sierra Wireless at $12 it dropped to 11 so I sold out, now a year 1/2 later its 54$. I was in HALO at 8, it dropped to 7, back up to 8 sold now a year later its 11.80. I bought Oxygen Bio at 5$ only to see it fall to 3 and I got out at 4.25 and not it sits around 3.25.

I'm all in on BB, need this baby to get up there.
    I have the same problem. Bought FOLD at $2 (30,000 shares), sold at $3 summer 2014. It is now nearly $9.5/sh
    I am now in deep with BBRY
    01-08-15 08:28 AM
    http://techcrunch.com/2015/01/07/sou...than-100-jobs/

Umm...what? Well ahead of BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 08:31 AM
    01-08-15 08:31 AM
    Sources: Good Technology Axes More Than 100 Jobs | TechCrunch

Posted via CB10
    Thanks.

Title for those interested. "Good Technology Axes More Than 100 Jobs"
    01-08-15 08:40 AM
    Picked up 1k shares of HALO...where do I send you your check Morgan et, al? *Cheers*

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    q649 likes this.
    01-08-15 08:41 AM
    01-08-15 08:45 AM
    Picked up 1k shares of HALO...where do I send you your check Morgan et, al? *Cheers*

Glad to hear you are confident in the story, remember, plenty own this stock well below $ 9.00/shr so keep that in mind. I hope you bought it first thing under $ 13.00? I think we can trade in the $ 14.00's for awhile and those Call premiums are huge so if some of you want to sell some $ 14.00 or $ 15.00 strikes for March, have at it. We still have news next week but nothing compares to yesterday unless they admit to supporting the research that cured those two guys of PC ................ then ignore everything I just said! LOL

As for BlackBerry, we are now above the 3-ema so let's hold that number and rally later on today. I see it just dropped below that 3-ema level but the stock always retraces itself looking for support, it is only a matter of time. Good Tech is a company that you can short and go away, come back in 6 months and by a new car.
    01-08-15 08:55 AM
    http://techcrunch.com/2015/01/07/sou...than-100-jobs/

Posted via CB10
    I wonder who they are losing customers to?

"According to a source with a great*deal*knowledge of the enterprise mobile market, Good was strong*between 2007 and 2010, especially in financial markets, and had success going up against BlackBerry*when companies began moving to*iOS, Android or Windows phones. This source suggests they are*slipping, and losing a lot of accounts right now (which could account for layoffs)."

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    01-08-15 09:25 AM
    Thanks Morgan. I got a block at $13.20 so I'm feeling pretty good. Thanks for the advice!

morganplus8, MasterMoe and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-08-15 09:26 AM
    I wonder what their IPO will be at or if they decide to just remain private

I wonder who they are losing customers to?

"According to a source with a great*deal*knowledge of the enterprise mobile market, Good was strong*between 2007 and 2010, especially in financial markets, and had success going up against BlackBerry*when companies began moving to*iOS, Android or Windows phones. This source suggests they are*slipping, and losing a lot of accounts right now (which could account for layoffs)."

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 09:33 AM
    Thanks Morgan. I got a block at $13.20 so I'm feeling pretty good. Thanks for the advice!

I put in an order when the price was around 13.20. My order was filled at $14.62!! The price didn't rise to that level until almost 10 minutes later. Pretty PO'd with my brokerage!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 09:35 AM
    Morgan! Thanks for all the advices i'm setting my sell price for $16.5 right now if it closes at that I would make 75% gain and you sir if you ever come to toronto dinner and booze on me!

Hey Slipstream89 !!

You have to let the stock rally here and still hold onto it knowing that the RSI is > than 70 and will be for a couple of weeks at least.

In addition, look up the "Golden Cross", that is where the 50-dma crosses up through the 200-dma and that is going to happen today!! It arrived early because of the big pop in the stock. So on a purely TA basis, the stock is set to roar here, the only negative is some over-bought indicators that really don't come into play now. This kind of news is just like TLSA where everyone expects one thing, values the company at "X" only to find out they are a whole level above that valuation. For HALO, the clowns that dropped their 12-month target to just $ 12.00 now have to raise that to $ 24.00. We will hear from some analysts but so far, I haven't read anything post investor day.

So look for the golden cross today and to confirm it tomorrow for a really bullish indicator against an RSI > 70. GL

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 09:36 AM
    I put in an order when the price was around 13.20. My order was filled at $14.62!! The price didn't rise to that level until almost 10 minutes later. Pretty PO'd with my brokerage!

Posted via CB10
    Wow that's insane! Which brokerage do you use? Ironically my broker (tradeking) was crappy this morning too. Website was unresponsive shortly after I placed my buy and watched it rise past $14.5. As soon as I started to look for a possible exit, it wouldn't initiate any trades or locate the account info. *annoyed*

01-08-15 09:41 AM
    01-08-15 09:44 AM
    OT HALO

I decided to get into the game (late), so I set a stop sell at about a dollar per share lower than my purchase price in case it drops, so I won't get burned too badly.
    01-08-15 09:48 AM
    Wow that's insane! Which brokerage do you use? Ironically my broker (tradeking) was crappy this morning too. Website was unresponsive shortly after I placed my buy and watched it rise past $14.5. As soon as I started to look for a possible exit, it wouldn't initiate any trades or locate the account info. *annoyed*

TD. They have been good in the past, but it was a struggle this morning. I kept setting price limits, seeing the price below the limits and seeing the order not filled. So I would raise my limit. Eventually I got fed up and removed the limit and the result was the outrageously high price.

When I entered my final order, there was a warning that there weren't enough shares available for purchase and I could "expect volatility in the price". Sure, volatility, but not a premium!!

Oh well, lesson learned I guess, maybe, kind of, sort of..?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 09:51 AM
    TD. They have been good in the past, but it was a struggle this morning. I kept setting price limits, seeing the price below the limits and seeing the order not filled. So I would raise my limit. Eventually I got fed up and removed the limit and the result was the outrageously high price.

When I entered my final order, there was a warning that there weren't enough shares available for purchase and I could "expect volatility in the price". Sure, volatility, but not a premium!!

Oh well, lesson learned I guess, maybe, kind of, sort of..?

Posted via CB10
    Yea that was a premium indeed -- sounds like a fleecing! Maybe call and complain and get some free trades out of it. It's not really comparable obviously, but may help you feel less sour (that's what I did this morning). Hopefully the price appreciates soon too, so you can at least break-even. GL

CDM76 and bspence87 like this.
    01-08-15 09:55 AM
    This is a very powerful interview!
    01-08-15 10:18 AM
    OT HALO WARNING

Please don't feel you need to chase after this stock. Three weeks ago it was under $ 8.00/shr so many have huge profits, then there are the shorts who will try to stop the rally and pull it back to cover some shares. You will have time to buy stock here so don't feel you need to chase it right now. At $ 14.00 to $ 16.00/shr it is in a reasonable range for a month or two to work off all of those cheap shares. The average target price looks like it is going to be at the 52-week high and we rarely ever hit the 12-month target price within days of news. I would look at selling some calls on the stock while it works off some overhead. The best scenario is for it to base out and then begin a rally into the $ 20.00's on light volume. We might be a couple of months away from that type of gradual climb that no one notices until it is too late to get in. So relax and enjoy the investment, if it drops back a buck or two, buy some more. GL

PS. I bought a block of this stock last week for my wife who now wants me to sell it and claim her profit, there are others like that out there who care less about the underlying story, they just want to take that profit. Enough said!
    jxnb, fedakd, bungaboy and 11 others like this.
    01-08-15 10:43 AM
    OT: Halo

JP and MLV have increased the price target on Halo to $16.00, sorry I cant get the link for MLV.

JPMorgan Chase & Co. Raises Halozyme Therapeutics Price Target to $16.00 (HALO) | Ticker Report

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo.png
    01-08-15 10:45 AM
    I use Scottrade and was able to secure at $13 this AM while it was rising. Glad I did, but wish I could have bought more! Maybe it will go back down and I can resupply for a good rise. Hope there's good news Monday!
    morganplus8 and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-08-15 10:55 AM
    I wonder what their IPO will be at or if they decide to just remain private

Posted via CB10
    It seems like they are ready to go and have the symbol for it. They might be waiting for the appropriate time frame. But this latest news doesn't sit to well with investors, at least not me. Now they will have to wait until good news can generate a good premium.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 11:01 AM
    I got in at $9.10 earlier this year...considering taking the profit and waiting until it drops
    01-08-15 11:03 AM
    I got in at $9.10 earlier this year...considering taking the profit and waiting until it drops
    I got in at around 8$ so Im considering doing the same thing. Good way to up my stake in the company with out further capital inflow.

OT: Blitzing my z30 to 10.3.1154 as we speak. Sachesi makes this so easy to do I cant believe I didnt do this earlier
    Soumaila Somtore and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-08-15 11:09 AM
    I got in at around 8$ so Im considering doing the same thing. Good way to up my stake in the company with out further capital inflow.
    My price average is $10.82 after today's purchase. I am also considering selling and waiting, but I want to see how we do today and hear the news Monday before I decide. I will probably be waiting a bit, but of course everyone should do what they feel comfortable with.
    01-08-15 11:11 AM
113,256 ... 31043105310631073108 ...