View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm finally getting caught up on all the news and posts after taking some time off of here. In that light sorry if this was already discussed but is anyone else encouraged by the BBM numbers? I think they have a real shot of turning some amazing revenues off of advertising and stickers based on the current response and growth.

OT:

I know there have been some crazy things going on in the world today. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those affected in these senseless acts of violence as well as you all my cb friends that live there.. In the same spirit please keep the family of a good friend and mentor of mine from my army days in your thoughts and prayers. I learned yesterday that he was killed by a suicide bomber in Afghanistan a little while ago 18 days shy of his deployment ending. He left behind a wife and three children and scores of men and women whose lives he changed. It was a hard blow for me; he saved my life about 3 years ago.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Definitely, in my thoughts and prayers. My condolences.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 05:21 PM
    Citron Research tweeted the below earlier today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150107_154050.png

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 05:42 PM
    Anyone else annoyed they posted 91MM Monthly Active Users back in Sep ER and no update regarding that in Dec ER or today. Odds are that number probably shrank otherwise why wouldn't they advertise it? Any thoughts?

I waited for this number in Dec, then again today and was let down. I feel as though they masked it, by throwing out numbers like 140MM downloads. When it was always about MAU in the past.

In order for BBM to have any perceived value proportionate to other messaging platforms like WhatsApp, SnapChat, and Skype we need to see a growing user base. I probably got 20 people to download BBM when it was released cross platform, but only 1 remains a user. They need to open it up to phone numbers instead of pin to pin.
    Munx likes this.
    01-07-15 05:45 PM
    Hi Munx,

Maybe the fact that they made an exclusive design for AT&T is what it may have "cost" BB to have a US carrier like that on board.

I can't see them, nor should they, get in the habit of creating specific designs for certain carriers...

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...y-passport.jpg
    B2B I agree that is the most plausible arrangement. However the idea of AT&T being held to minimum unit sales volumes is pure fantasy.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 05:57 PM
    B2B I agree that is the most plausible arrangement. However the idea of AT&T being held to minimum unit sales volumes is pure fantasy.

Posted via CB10
    Hardly, BlackBerry wouldn't just do it without being able to make money. I'm sure att promised a certain order size

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    01-07-15 06:13 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd Short Interest Update

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) has a short ratio of 11.25 , which means that the counter should take 11.25 days to cover the total short interest. A high short ratio indicates a high build-up of short positions in the counter whereas a low short ratio implies that there are fewer short positions. The average daily volume for the last 20 days is 11,902,573 shares. The volume traded during the last 20 days is 2.25% of the total outstanding shares. The 1-month %change in short interest is 12.58%.The shares have witnessed a change of 23.76% in short interest in the past 3 months. The total monthly shares shorted are 0.211 times the total common shares outstanding.

In an unimpressive trading session, BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) slid 1.3% or 0.14 points. The opening transaction was registered at $10.8, during the intraday the shares touched the lowest point at $10.44 and the rally climaxed at $10.85. The closing trade was executed at $10.62 and the daily volume had increased to 10,173,425 shares. The previous close of the stock is $10.76. The 52-week high of the stock is $12.54 while the 52-week low is $7.01. According to the latest information available from the exchange, the company has a market cap of $5,613 million and approximately 528,511,000 shares are in outstanding.

http://candlestrips.com/blackberry-l...-update/32862/

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 06:15 PM
    I am so sorry for your lost. My thoughts and prayers to you and to your Friend's family!!
    Courage!
    I'm finally getting caught up on all the news and posts after taking some time off of here. In that light sorry if this was already discussed but is anyone else encouraged by the BBM numbers? I think they have a real shot of turning some amazing revenues off of advertising and stickers based on the current response and growth.

OT:

I know there have been some crazy things going on in the world today. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those affected in these senseless acts of violence as well as you all my cb friends that live there.. In the same spirit please keep the family of a good friend and mentor of mine from my army days in your thoughts and prayers. I learned yesterday that he was killed by a suicide bomber in Afghanistan a little while ago 18 days shy of his deployment ending. He left behind a wife and three children and scores of men and women whose lives he changed. It was a hard blow for me; he saved my life about 3 years ago.

01-07-15 06:17 PM
    OT ALERT HALO !!!

I guess it is time to talk HALO. The stock had a great day after the company cleared the air on its PegPh20 program. Prior to the official halt of the Phase II program back in April, the media, analysts and investors were rallying the stock to its 52-week high of $ 18,00/shr plus on the back of PegPh20. When the FDA halted the program at the suggestion of an independent group who looked at the early data, there came into question whether PegPh20 was going to be an effective product against Pancreatic Cancer (PC) as it was determined that a higher number than expected patients enrolled in the Phase II program were susceptible to thrombosis. If this were the case, the Phase II study might have to be called off. So even though HALO had other irons in the healthcare fire (Enhanze), clearly the general market wasn't prepared to support the stock without PegPh20 headlining it.

Fast forward to today, we heard today that the 202 study has produced some amazing results, the PegPh20 combo with major cancer drugs is in fact the best combination attack on PC. PegPh20 is delivering a safe, effective treatment for patients with high levels of hyaluronan, at a level that is more than twice as effective as Abraxane (No. 1 drug used today), i.e., the patient is living more than twice as long with PegPh20 formulation. So now we know that the leading product for HALO is also the best product in the world to reduce death times in PC patients with high HA.

I could go on for hours on how this effects the prospects for HALO but I'll stop here by saying that the march to $ 18.00/shr can resume, in fact, the company is far better off than it was when it made its last march to $ 18.00/shr. They are looking for a registration of a specific high HA group to fast-track PegPh20 and they will approach the FDA for this ASAP with the data they have now; demonstrating many deaths being prolonged. They are racing to get two studies for Non Small Cell Lung Cancer in trial studies (one has started) and they are looking at Gastric/Intestinal Cancer for early 2016.

All of this decisive news came from the data of 202. On Monday, we'll hear about that important Phase IB study and that could be ground breaking as well. So we went from not knowing if PEgPh20 would be coming back again, for significant trials, to knowing it is the best solution for some cancers in the world today! Not bad. The stock has 20 MM shares short, sorry to say this but they are all screwed, the stock will now go higher until they are out of the system, not unlike TSLA. The analysts will have to look at the data before they can give their assessment, but HALO's aggressive $ 145 MM budget for PegPh20 this year speaks volumes on its own. The new CMO (Chief Medical Officer) is nothing short of brilliant, she gives some colour to where we sees HALO going this year and she is well researched with this company already. You can see the stock is up in AH and here is a copy of their itinerary for 2015:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo-jan-7-2015-investors-day.png

Enjoy the rally, the company is back, the biotech sector is number one right now and you own the best of the best in cancer therapy!

Some reading:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0KG2CO20150107
    Last edited by morganplus8; 01-07-15 at 06:28 PM.
    leafs123, Corbu, 3MIKE and 23 others like this.
    01-07-15 06:18 PM
    01-07-15 06:27 PM
    PayPal launches its mobile app on BlackBerry

http://venturebeat.com/2015/01/07/pa...on-blackberry/

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 06:29 PM
    Out of Thanks so I have to thank you here, Morgan. Awesome information, per usual!

01-07-15 06:34 PM
    OT ALERT - HALO!

Morgan, you are a BOSS!

I believe the man from the article below could have been in HALO's Phase IB study...if you read the article carefully, you'll find a few key words that seem to be speaking to PEGPH20:

"Pancreas cancer forms a barrier around itself, and we've developed treatments to overcome those barriers through these clinical trials," Dr. Borazanci said."

Stage 4 pancreatic cancer now undetectable in Phoenix man:
    Read more: http://www.azfamily.com/news/Stage-4...#ixzz3OBfJ7vpE

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Stage-4...#ixzz3OBeFtS1r

Halozyme also has trials ongoing at the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center, the same one referenced in this article If that's the case, this is certainly amazing!!!!
    Last edited by fedakd; 01-07-15 at 06:58 PM.
    01-07-15 06:46 PM
    OT:

So is it too late to get in on that HALO hype?

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub and 3MIKE like this.
    01-07-15 07:11 PM
    OT ALERT HALO !!!

I guess it is time to talk HALO. The stock had a great day after the company cleared the air on its PegPh20 program. Prior to the official halt of the Phase II program back in April, the media, analysts and investors were rallying the stock to its 52-week high of $ 18,00/shr plus on the back of PegPh20. When the FDA halted the program at the suggestion of an independent group who looked at the early data, there came into question whether PegPh20 was going to be an effective product against Pancreatic Cancer (PC) as it was determined that a higher number than expected patients enrolled in the Phase II program were susceptible to thrombosis. If this were the case, the Phase II study might have to be called off. So even though HALO had other irons in the healthcare fire (Enhanze), clearly the general market wasn't prepared to support the stock without PegPh20 headlining it.

Fast forward to today, we heard today that the 202 study has produced some amazing results, the PegPh20 combo with major cancer drugs is in fact the best combination attack on PC. PegPh20 is delivering a safe, effective treatment for patients with high levels of hyaluronan, at a level that is more than twice as effective as Abraxane (No. 1 drug used today), i.e., the patient is living more than twice as long with PegPh20 formulation. So now we know that the leading product for HALO is also the best product in the world to reduce death times in PC patients with high HA.

I could go on for hours on how this effects the prospects for HALO but I'll stop here by saying that the march to $ 18.00/shr can resume, in fact, the company is far better off than it was when it made its last march to $ 18.00/shr. They are looking for a registration of a specific high HA group to fast-track PegPh20 and they will approach the FDA for this ASAP with the data they have now; demonstrating many deaths being prolonged. They are racing to get two studies for Non Small Cell Lung Cancer in trial studies (one has started) and they are looking at Gastric/Intestinal Cancer for early 2016.

All of this decisive news came from the data of 202. On Monday, we'll hear about that important Phase IB study and that could be ground breaking as well. So we went from not knowing if PEgPh20 would be coming back again, for significant trials, to knowing it is the best solution for some cancers in the world today! Not bad. The stock has 20 MM shares short, sorry to say this but they are all screwed, the stock will now go higher until they are out of the system, not unlike TSLA. The analysts will have to look at the data before they can give their assessment, but HALO's aggressive $ 145 MM budget for PegPh20 this year speaks volumes on its own. The new CMO (Chief Medical Officer) is nothing short of brilliant, she gives some colour to where we sees HALO going this year and she is well researched with this company already. You can see the stock is up in AH and here is a copy of their itinerary for 2015:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HALO Jan 7 2015 Investors Day.png 
Views:	966 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	325957

Enjoy the rally, the company is back, the biotech sector is number one right now and you own the best of the best in cancer therapy!

Some reading:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0KG2CO20150107
    Morgan, GREAT info! Thank you as always! Would you say the rally will continue this week? Is it a good time to pick more shares up or wait and see it go down soon?

I am REALLY wishing I had picked up more. Satisfied today with results. How much do you charge per hour? Haha

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:12 PM
    PEGPH20 can "enhance the effectiveness of a wide range of anti-cancer therapies in a wide range of tumors," Halozyme CEO Helen Torley said.

that is a very ballzy statement.
    01-07-15 07:17 PM
    PEGPH20 can "enhance the effectiveness of a wide range of anti-cancer therapies in a wide range of tumors," Halozyme CEO Helen Torley said.

that is a very ballzy statement.
    No. That would be Testicular cancer.
    01-07-15 07:22 PM
    OT:

Posted via CB10
    I'm wondering the same.

OT:

Morgan what are your thoughts on JCP. They popped about 20% today also on the heels of strong holiday sales.

Thanks as always

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    01-07-15 07:30 PM
    OT:

Posted via CB10
    OT HALO

I wouldn't think so at all. As you can see in the chart Morgan posted there is a ton of promise still coming for HALO
    I wish I had picked up more in the 8$range but I'll be doubling down tomorrow. Remember the TESLA squeeze? I'd love to see some of that action. It's one thing to have an effective drug, it's another thing entirely to have the most effective drug out there. One of the other important things to see is that it's effective for a wide variety of treatment needs in relation to other cancers. at least that's how I read it so correct me if I'm wrong. 18$ seems to be close at hand and baring some terrible news I'd doubt that would be a ceiling on this stock.

01-07-15 07:39 PM
    @morganplus8 Thanks

I hope someday I will be able understand these stock things a little more and be able to help others as you do in this thread.
    01-07-15 07:39 PM

(I think he's a brown shoe wearer)

Classically Posted.
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 01-07-15 at 08:18 PM.
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    01-07-15 07:41 PM
    Trust me it is not a hype. Their product will take them far. They've got a $Billion winner here!

Thank you M+8 for a fantastic lead on this company. There is a lot of information being posted about this company and their drugs here: http://stocktwits.com/symbol/HALO

Many believe it should be @ $23 per share now.

OT:

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    01-07-15 07:50 PM
    Anyone interested in tracking Passport and Classic sales via ShopBlackberry? Currently 10,291 Passports and 666 Classics for US and Canada combined.

Simply try to make a large purchase and it will tell you exactly how many in stock.
    Soumaila Somtore and georg4BB like this.
    01-07-15 08:15 PM
    Patients is key, M8's guiding principals of choosing a stock have become my mantra...thanks for all your time with us knewbs sir.

Classically Posted.
    3MIKE, donmateo, Corbu and 10 others like this.
    01-07-15 08:17 PM
    http://crownsalts.com/gardemanger

M+8. I want to buy you dinner here and have Chuck serve us!!

Ben

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    01-07-15 08:27 PM
    It's the other way round. What did BlackBerry offer to get AT&T to agree to carry the device....

Posted via CB10
    When 1% over the population wants it, alot of sales that would go to competitors?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-07-15 08:46 PM
113,256 ... 31023103310431053106 ...