4-1 Canada

Z10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-05-15 08:19 PM
    To many goals !!

Z10
    bungaboy and StormieTwo like this.
    01-05-15 08:28 PM
    Totally agree with Kfh227. Things are changing rapidly and connecting automobiles to the home network just makes perfect since. From tying in your home security to home entertainment. Let's get this going!

Posted via CB10
    Maybe I'm just paranoid but I don't want someone stealing my veh, looking at insurance / registration and getting my address then taking my veh to my house, using it to unlock my house and empty it too.

Maybe voice verified or retina scan or something? Either way, I'm not going to trust any new home security until it's ability to resist hacking is verified.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 10:48 PM
    Hey Bacon Munchers !!

In my humble opinion, I believe we are in for a solid rally over the next few months. Let's look at what has happened with stable oil prices over the past 3 years:

Attachment 325522

... the volatility came from one component, oil, that's it and now business can expect a great deal more in margins to the bottom line because the energy component of their cost base just got cut in half!!

That's my argument!!!
    Good stuff M8.

Do you take Bitcoin?

Nah, you're a BBM-money guy, aren't you!?

)
    01-06-15 12:09 AM
    I totally understand why you feel that way but this isn't just a US thing, it happens everywhere today....
    Isn't there also something like a 25% dilution of our stock right now, due to Watsa's group? That has to add some fuel to the fire, no?
    01-06-15 12:16 AM
    Hi M+8,

I like the HALO trade too. Just curious, assuming there are patients alive after they report the 1B PegPh20 P/C results, do you think HALO's plan is to partner? The fact that this stock is up on a day this bad in the markets is a very good sign. At a $1.25B market cap, what do you think this is fairly valued at if we are to compare it to the ACADs of the world?

Cheers,
    Derek
    Hey Fedakd,

Where ya' been man!?

Good to see you roaming the nuthouse. Don't be a stranger!
    01-06-15 12:23 AM
    Isn't there also something like a 25% dilution of our stock right now, due to Watsa's group? That has to add some fuel to the fire, no?
    I think it is more than that but yes. 33% dilution? Don't remember anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    01-06-15 03:11 AM
    Can we try and keep it about BlackBerry or related. Thanks!
    Hi HSB1996 and welcome to the CrackBerry community (or welcome back ?).
    You're right, OT can be somehow disturbing but hey, no one is perfect and this particular thread is a long lasting one hence we sometimes slide a bit.
    Don't worry, usually it doesn't last long (=> see what I'm doing here, gang ? ).
    Cheers
    SF
    01-06-15 03:22 AM
    The usual doom and gloom

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/business/bl...ploy-1.2890138

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 06:17 AM
    The usual doom and gloom

Posted via CB10
    Actually, Surprisingly not negative, considering the fact it's CBC.

Must be a slow news day thou, considering this is even being written about. I think most knew this was a marketing exercise

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Corbu and sidhuk like this.
    01-06-15 06:22 AM
    Actually, Surprisingly not negative, considering the fact it's CBC.

Must be a slow news day thou, considering this is even being written about. I think most knew this was a marketing exercise

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Yeah but they go out of their way to mention that noooooooobody had swished according to their polls

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 06:24 AM
    We struck Gold!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-canada-gold.jpg
    01-06-15 06:26 AM
    how does stock dilution affect us as shareholders? In layman's terms I mean.

I know that our ownership % goes down with the additional shares, but is there anything else? Does the stock price get re-adjusted when the new shares come in (i.e stock price is lowered)?
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-06-15 08:28 AM

I know that our ownership % goes down with the additional shares, but is there anything else? Does the stock price get re-adjusted when the new shares come in (i.e stock price is lowered)?
    I believe the dilution has already been priced in.
    StormieTwo likes this.
    01-06-15 08:36 AM
    day trade volume is anemic ... looks like dogs are smelling each other ...
    HSB1996 likes this.
    01-06-15 09:39 AM
    I don't know about all of you, but all of my stocks are fluctuating like crazy this morning

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    01-06-15 09:42 AM
    01-06-15 09:51 AM
    Ford CEO Mark Fields: Betting the company on innovation

In his CES keynote, Fields will talk through the new QNX-backed Sync 3, Ford’s next-generation connectivity system. Nair, who was in the car with us, called the QNX OS, “a really robust system used in a lot of mission critical operating systems.”

“We’ve had Sync in the marketplace for eight years now,” said Fields, “and we’ve used that time to listen to our customers. So when you look at Sync 3, [there has been] a lot of advances in terms of conversational commands – we’ve really enhanced the voice commands. It's easier to use, more intuitive in terms of the interface. More smartphone-like where you can pinch and slide.”
    Live: Ford's 2015 CES keynote | CNET

http://www.cnet.com/news/ford-sync-3-announced/
    Last edited by Corbu; 01-06-15 at 11:23 AM.
    jxnb, CDM76, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    01-06-15 10:05 AM
    I don't agree with this article. An Uber or Amazon app may be perfectly replaceable by a web app. But my productivity apps should be native with the complete BB10 look and feel, the flow and the integration with the native invocation framework. And they should run perfectly even without internet connection. It depends completely on the app category. Calling HTML5 Web-apps the "winner" is plain stupid, IMHO.
    When an app needs a permanent internet connection anyway and a deeper integration into the native OS is not needed, then (and only then) a web application might be the best choice.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    01-06-15 10:27 AM
    The usual doom and gloom

Posted via CB10
    Typical CBC. Hating on anything Canadian. WHY do we keep wasting tax dollars on them? Seems CBC now does exactly the OPPOSITE of what it was originally created for (to promote Canada and support Canadian media (radio /tv/etc) industries.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 10:36 AM
    01-06-15 11:04 AM
    Typical CBC. Hating on anything Canadian. WHY do we keep wasting tax dollars on them? Seems CBC now does exactly the OPPOSITE of what it was originally created for (to promote Canada and support Canadian media (radio /tv/etc) industries.

Posted via CB10
    I ask myself that question all the time. My guess is if it was put to a vote, their days would be numbered.

Sent*from*my*BlackBerry*10*smartphone*
    01-06-15 11:34 AM
    01-06-15 11:42 AM
    It's hard to think that Blackberry and Samsung will not be deeply integrated in the future knowing the security collaboration announcement not too long ago, and Samsung's CEIO being a former Blackberry Executive. There is a strict emphasis on security given the state of disaster Sony is going thru.

From a Samsung Announcement earlier today.

A sizable portion of Samsung's game plan is tied to non-consumer products and services. In early October, Samsung Chief Enterprise Innovation Officer Robin Bienfait explained to USA TODAY how Samsung plans for worldwide domination of the multibillion-dollar enterprise market. Samsung 360 Services for Business is a portfolio of enterprise technologies from smartphones and tablets to wearables, digital displays and medical diagnostic equipment — all underpinned by strict security solutions.

"I prefer to think of it as the enterprise of things," Bienfait, a tireless, hard-charging former exec from BlackBerry and AT&T, said, riffing on the common refrain of the Internet of things.
    From their CEO
    By 2017, he said, 90% of Samsung products will be IoT devices. Within five years, every piece of Samsung hardware — from air purifier to oven — will be an IoT device.
    Samsung CEO sees big things for Internet of Things
    Corbu, morganplus8, jxnb and 10 others like this.
    01-06-15 11:49 AM

The dilution factor is very important:

We show 520 MM shares outstanding for EPS reports each quarter, if we add in the additional 125 MM shares that are converted shares at $ 10.00 from the bond issue, we get 645 MM shares which are than used to determine EPS down the road. If we have to feed more shares from the same earnings pool, we get a dilution factor that affects the target price of the stock that analysts set for the next 12 months. So far, they are adjusting those shares as a liability to BlackBerry and we see non cash charges each quarter. Unfortunately, the media picks up on those charges every single month stating that we lost more than we did. Do you want to hear that BBRY lost $ .28/shr when they actually made money? Nor do I so I would like those shares to be absorbed such that we don't hear the media and analysts talk insistently about losses that don't exist.

The good news about the bond issue is the money, short of that benefit, we are paying $ 60 MM a year in interest on that money and we have $ 3.1 B in cash. At some point, when we are cash-flow positive, wouldn't it be nice to buy back some of that debt and reduce the number of diluted shares outstanding, not likely to happen but what every investor wants is fewer shares and higher earnings. Hope this helps.
    Corbu, jxnb, Superfly_FR and 13 others like this.
    01-06-15 11:50 AM
113,250 ... 30963097309830993100 ...