View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    M8, thanks for your input. It is always much appreciated. Wednesday shall prove to be very interesting.

T

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 01:45 PM
    Hi M+8,

I like the HALO trade too. Just curious, assuming there are patients alive after they report the 1B PegPh20 P/C results, do you think HALO's plan is to partner? The fact that this stock is up on a day this bad in the markets is a very good sign. At a $1.25B market cap, what do you think this is fairly valued at if we are to compare it to the ACADs of the world?

Cheers,
    Derek

OT ALERT !!!

We have 20 MM shares short with HALO, tax loss selling is over, they have a ton of news coming out in the next 7 days. Starting with this mornings news, they have called on analysts for a meeting Wednesday, why do that if we are going to hear the same old news we already know? Then, they go to ASCO to report on the Phase 1B PegPh20 P/C results, how many patients died and are there any alive? If there is one patient alive from that study the stock will soar. Life expectancy is 200 days for PC, if they are beyond 530 plus days, they have the only solution for P/C. I think the results are solid, that's why they dropped everything else to focus on Enhanze and PegPh20. I'm looking for a huge rally in this one starting today.
    01-05-15 02:03 PM
    Loving some biotechs. Bought in SPHS Today for a good bit of money

Attachment 325543

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    What are the prospects for this stock? It looks dirt cheap. Would you recommend it?
    01-05-15 03:16 PM
    "Countdown to The Closing Bell with Liz Claman" is broadcasting from the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on Tuesday and Wednesday. Interview guests include: Blackberry CEO John Chen; iHeartMedia CEO Bob Pittman; Ford CEO Mark Fields and Qualcomm CEO Steve Mollenkopf.
    01-05-15 03:34 PM
    What are the prospects for this stock? It looks dirt cheap. Would you recommend it?
    I'll take a crack at this.

Sophiris Bio Inc. was a .20-.30 SP before last year when, I'm guessing they announced a drug trial. SPHS rocketed to a 52 week high of $5.18 last January. It was creeping lower all year until last month when it fell off a cliff. Reuters ran an article titled "interim data indicates sophiris drug may not be effective".

the book value per share is $1.16 though so it might be worth a closer look at these prices. if the Reuters report was premature it could be great. If their drug is a miss and they have others in the pipeline the price might head back to book value.

Lot of IFs there.
    01-05-15 03:37 PM
    For comparison/information purposes:
    Qualcomm Extends Mobile Computing and Connectivity Product Leadership from the Home to the Road at CES 2015 - Press Release - Digital Journal

The Qualcomm Concept Car - Cadillac demonstrates pre-integrated support for Android, including the latest Android L and Kit Kat; high resolution infotainment displays for visually stunning graphics for cluster and infotainment; integrated in-vehicle features, including navigation, music, live streaming of sports, news and entertainment content via LTE-Broadcast; enhanced safety features such as lane detection with integrated navigation, driver distraction avoidance notification, gesture recognition, car personalization via the AllSeen Alliance's AllJoyn open source framework; wireless audio streaming from personal devices via the Qualcomm� AllPlay™ smart media platform; smartphone integration and Qualcomm� WiPower™ flexible wireless charging for consumer electronics and; 4G LTE multimode Internet connectivity including WiFi hotspot and Bluetooth profile support.

The Qualcomm Concept Car – Maserati features pre-integrated support for the latest versions of the QNX� Neutrino� OS and the QNX CAR™ Platform for Infotainment from QNX Software Systems, a subsidiary of BlackBerry Limited. Highlights include an instrument cluster with speed recommendations, collision warnings, and intelligent parking assist; an infotainment system with 3D navigation, smart phone integration, rear seat entertainment with easy-to-use multimodal UI supporting gestures (tap, swipe, pinch), and voice recognition; an immersive driver experience with rear and side view mirror/displays, complete with refitted cameras and informational safety features; WiPower flexible wireless charging for consumer electronics; and 4G LTE multimode Internet connectivity, including WiFi hotspot and Bluetooth profile support.
    01-05-15 03:37 PM
    At last it is available via the top-notch BlackBerry 10 browser ... but I +1 !
    Wha...Blend for the car? Or am I totally missing it?
    01-05-15 03:47 PM
    Hi M+8,

I like the HALO trade too. Just curious, assuming there are patients alive after they report the 1B PegPh20 P/C results, do you think HALO's plan is to partner? The fact that this stock is up on a day this bad in the markets is a very good sign. At a $1.25B market cap, what do you think this is fairly valued at if we are to compare it to the ACADs of the world?

Cheers,
    Derek
    OT ALERT HALO

Hi Derek!!

I'll keep this short as we are on the BBRY thread. The study had to close when the majority of the patients are dead as it was a preliminary study to see if PegPh20 should be taken into a full blown PH II study for PC. They had 7 patients in that study and we know that at day 529, the study was still intact. The reason they couldn't report on the study, was of course, because patients were still alive! So they went ahead with the Ph-II study and kept the data to themselves. Now, finally, we are about to see that data, there is much discussion as to whether data with Russian patients is worth anything, I would argue that any patient alive today with PC is a good candidate for this study. How can you cheat data when you know you are either dead or alive? So this study is very important as it is the one that drove the stock to $ 18.00/shr earlier last year.

This means that the PH-II study could end very soon if it is found that the drug allows patients to live longer, the FDA would have been privy to some of this data when they allowed HALO fast track status on their drug. Then the Europeans did the same thing so all we need now is the data.

ACAD has one drug going to market, it is a molecule developed in Russia and has amazing results as intended, but, like PegPh20, it looks like it will be used for off-label prescriptions as well. That's were a drug that is approved for one indication is likely to help patients with other; similar diseases so to speak. Both companies has a ton of cash, they have strong management teams, a strong pipeline and something special in their current drug that might sell well worldwide for "other" uses. Both companies want to grow revenue to a point where they are cash-flow neutral, this year or next. When you look at the per share, fully diluted financials, pipeline and metrics of the business, you can see that they track each other precisely.

I think HALO is worth $ 16.00 right now, prior to announcements and the next quarter of revenues from their royalties. I see them tracking ACAD by 6 months or so. I expect them to report great news, to rally and get support by institutional money going forward. If you look at ACAD, they are supported by senior investors, if you buy a stock at $ 8.00/shr, and it goes to $ 30.00/shr it is in the best interest of all of the Fund holders to maintain that $ 30.00/shr price until the company grows into that valuation. Does that make sense? I see this happening to HALO this year. You just don't see ACAD going into wide swings any more, the stock is pinned at a great price and if you want to join the party, you pay the price.

This type of investment is every investors dream, like Apple where big money supports the stock long past its reasonable value, you want a great stock that never drops so you can write call options against it and make a fortune. Let's see what we get for news in the days ahead, a close above $ 10.25/shr opens the stock up for a big rally!
    01-05-15 03:57 PM

Sophiris Bio Inc. was a .20-.30 SP before last year when, I'm guessing they announced a drug trial. SPHS rocketed to a 52 week high of $5.18 last January. It was creeping lower all year until last month when it fell off a cliff. Reuters ran an article titled "interim data indicates sophiris drug may not be effective".

the book value per share is $1.16 though so it might be worth a closer look at these prices. if the Reuters report was premature it could be great. If their drug is a miss and they have others in the pipeline the price might head back to book value.

Lot of IFs there.
    Lol, lots of 'ifs', but I think I'll keep a close eye on this one. Cheers!
    01-05-15 04:41 PM

Lot of IFs there.
    The big indication will be where they decide to go with it from here... whether it's dosage issues etc. News like that could cause a big pop. But s stated it's book value is more so I don't see much retreat here.

morganplus8 and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-05-15 05:09 PM
    Crazy trading day for BlackBerry

#BBFactCheck
    01-05-15 05:14 PM

OT Alert!

Lot of IFs there.
    Since I am clueless about most things, this might be a chance for me to finally contribute something to the board.
    According to the company's website, the main drug that Sophiris is developing is called PRX302. It is an a recombinant enzyme (just means that it is made from an artificial DNA plasmid using bacteria) whose function is to punch holes in cell membranes, and thereby killing them.
    But PRX302 is made in an inactive form (thus not toxic) until it is cut by PSA (yes, that's the same PSA when you get a prostate exam). PSA is produced mainly, but not exclusively, by the prostate. PSA's job is to cut up proteins (mainly jelly stuff in male $perm or ejaculate to liquify it so that sperm could swim freely). So, the potential treatment in a nutshell is PRX302 is injected into the prostate where it could be activated by PSA. The activated PRX302 assembles into little tubes that puncture the cell membrane and the cell dies.
    The hope here, I guess, is that only bad cells or only prostate cells would die off because PSA is mainly produced by the prostate.

My personal opinion? I have a few reservations about this method:
    1. Although PSA is mostly produced in the prostate, once PRX302 is activated there is nothing preventing it from killing other tissues.
    2. It probably needs multiple injections to cause significant reduction of prostate mass. But by then, the body would likely have produced antibodies to get rid of the drug (because the drug is a foreign protein, it would stimulate both primary and secondary immune responses).
    3. PSA itself is normally inactive until it is activated by an acidic environment (naturally, it is activated by the acidity inside the vagin@), so PRX302 activation in injected drug might be limited.

Overall, I can imagine it working, but I can't imagine it being an effective strategy to treat enlarged prostate or prostate cancer in a meaningful way. Just my two cents based on what I read on their website, which is very limited.
    01-05-15 05:14 PM
    Can we try and keep it about BlackBerry or related. Thanks!
    01-05-15 05:15 PM
    Wha...Blend for the car? Or am I totally missing it?
    Blend is genius. Get home, car connects to home wife. Send mp3 files to car from laptop or tablet. Genius!

Or

Be notified of an OS upgrade to your car securely and install it while watching TV.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 05:18 PM
    After hours it tends to go OT.

BB10 4 ME
    Last edited by StormieTwo; 01-05-15 at 06:30 PM.
    01-05-15 05:31 PM
    Shares in BlackBerry are currently testing a key resistance level - a break above which could prompt further buying action and the establishement of a more sustained rally.

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) is currently seen at 10.82 - a figure that places the share price near the upper end of its 2014 range.

In mid-December we wrote that the stock would look to test support at 8.50 ahead of return towards resistance around the 12 level.

This scenario is playing out nicely - 8.40/50 did indeed provide solid support and the resultant uptrend remains in place.

10.2 now acts as support while current levels through to 12 could be viewed as resistance to further upside - should this range be broken to the upside further gains could transpire.

For now the upside is favoured owing to a raft of positive momentum indicators; the RSI above its neutrality area at 50 and advocating for further advances.

The MACD is above its signal line and positive while BlackBerry Ltd shares are trading above both the 20 and 50 day MA (10.4 and 10.48).

http://www.thecsuite.co.uk/CIO/index...e-upside-45435

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 05:51 PM
    After hours it tends to go OT.

BB10 4 ME
    Yup. Not enough BBRY news to feed the fire day and night at this point.

01-05-15 06:26 PM
    Blend is genius. Get home, car connects to home wife. Send mp3 files to car from laptop or tablet. Genius!

Or

Be notified of an OS upgrade to your car securely and install it while watching TV.
    I guess BB10 phones need a Blend update so that the phone can act as a client (for cars) and server (for computers and tablets).
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    01-05-15 06:43 PM
    Could "we" go to the start of the thread and read to get a sense of this thread?

Note: There will be a test at the end.

Thanks.
    Corbu, cjcampbell, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    01-05-15 07:13 PM
    Future of streaming

Car connects to home wifi. Pandora like app connects. DLs songs for your current channels along with ad content. Driver listens without eating bandwidth on smartphone contract.

Monetization occirs.

Please someone at bbry read this. Why? Because it could be a gateway for the consumer market. Blackberrys can do this? Wow. Time to leave Apple.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 07:28 PM
    2-1 Canada

Z10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    01-05-15 07:47 PM
    Awesome posts today gentlemen...very enjoyable, yours to Mr Plasmid.

Classically Posted.
    01-05-15 07:58 PM
    Awesome posts today gentlemen...very enjoyable, yours to Mr Plasmid.

Classically Posted.
    I miss the on-topic "berry picture" posts.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 08:04 PM
    Totally agree with Kfh227. Things are changing rapidly and connecting automobiles to the home network just makes perfect since. From tying in your home security to home entertainment. Let's get this going!

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 08:05 PM
    3-1 Canada

Z10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-05-15 08:14 PM
113,256 ... 30953096309730983099 ...