View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Happy New Year everyone.

Hope all have a great and prosperous 2015 and beyond. Good luck everybody and best wishes to Chen and company for their rennanciance.

Posted by the indomitable Zed Thirty.
    01-01-15 01:57 AM
    Happy new year!

May this year finally crush the BBRY shorts!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:32 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies files, for those Investors interested in electric cars as IoT (Internet of Things) increases as 2015 advances:

New Electric Cars In 2015 ? I'm Counting 15
    The Largest Electric Car Market In The World Is...
    Energy Investing: What To Expect In 2015 | Alternative Energy Stocks
    http://theenergycollective.com/jim-g...ion-technology

Changes and exciting times expected in the New Year.
    01-01-15 07:13 AM
    Good concept. Wish two things:
    1. Slider keyboard had 4 rows
    2. Toolbelt just below touch screen

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't agree more! If the slider does get released, I hope it comes with the belt and traditional qwerty (4 row).

Happy New Year all!

Sent*from*my*BlackBerry*10*smartphone*
    01-01-15 07:19 AM
    An interesting read.

El Reg's Giant Mobile Industry Roundup of 2014: Part Deux

BlackBerry squares, not-spots and ... cloudobile?

El Reg's Giant Mobile Industry Roundup of 2014: Part Deux ? The Register

BlackBerry hops out of the jam

A year ago BlackBerry was at rock bottom, but with an experienced turnaround crew at the helm, and a coherent strategy, it set the groundwork for a revival. This is based around its BES12 server, and the strategy can be summed up as follows. It’s all about business – if you’re a fan or a consumer, you’re on your own. BlackBerry thinks device management (the big hope two years ago) has become commoditised, yet it has a huge asset by owning its own network. So it has devised lots of value-added services that are really quite slick, thanks to the network. Quite a lot of these look quite relevant in a post-Snowden, post-Sony hack world.

BlackBerry also released two new devices, an eye-catching and odd phablet with a novel "swipeable" hardware keyboard called the Passport, and the Classic which revives the abandoned but fondly regarded vintage interface.

At least the Passport got BlackBerry talked about again. Away from the mainstream media’s attention, BB10 has matured nicely too. It needs a broader range of devices – a narrower Passport, a Classic with more modern hardware to attract the independent professional – but this all depends on business nibbling at BES12 in 2015.
    Corbu, jxnb, morganplus8 and 12 others like this.
    01-01-15 09:53 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies files, for those Investors interested in electric cars as IoT (Internet of Things) increases as 2015 advances:

New Electric Cars In 2015 ? I'm Counting 15
    The Largest Electric Car Market In The World Is...
    Energy Investing: What To Expect In 2015 | Alternative Energy Stocks
    http://theenergycollective.com/jim-g...ion-technology

Changes and exciting times expected in the New Year.
    Thanks Rarsen! I'm all over this theme. Zap-Jonway (ZAAP) bringing their electric SUVS and other cars to the U.S. And AMPD hooked up with UPS Shipping to provide electric commercial sized trucks. Advanced Batteries (ABAT) signed up to provide electric batteries for an EV manufacturer in China. Big things coming for sure and I'm all over these.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 11:48 AM
    We made it to 2015 with BBRY at $ 11.00/shr ........... at least in AH!! LOL

So that's the good news, we are in a great position to rally from here with few levels of resistance, so next week, things get really interesting for BlackBerry. I'm so excited for the prospects this year, we haven't gone into a new year with so many top notch products coming to market. If just one of them is successful, we will rally hard here. This time of year is also the best time for a "natural rally" of its own so I can't wait to see how surprised everyone will be this year.

This Sony thing interests, me, so they popped some SIM Cards into legacy phones did they? Hmmmn .......... does that mean they are back on BIS or have they shopped and loaded BES12??? We haven't heard the end of the SONY show by any means.

OT ALERT!!

On Wednesday, I found myself buying stock again, I bought another block of HALO as it has a fantastic chart right now with the 50-dma about to cut up through its 200-dma and there is a ton of news coming in the next two weeks. I also had to buy a block of SPHS as I wasn't aware of the recent story in this one, and at $ .52/shr, that is crazy cheap. Even PSDV is about to get a big pop as their 50-dma is heading for its 200-dma too. Finally, I would like to see Gold fall below $ 1,100.00 just to confirm the size of the rally in the general market.

The market in general, we get the first 5 days of the January indicator that states if the "first 5 days end positively, we are in for a very good year". Then there is the January Effect, a positive January followed by the Superbowl Indicator are all coming as well. I expect them all to be bullish and for BBRY to trade to new highs.

Let's look forward to a great year with Chen working the media like a pro!!
    01-01-15 11:57 AM
    Thanks Rarsen! I'm all over this theme. Zap-Jonway (ZAAP) bringing their electric SUVS and other cars to the U.S. And AMPD hooked up with UPS Shipping to provide electric commercial sized trucks. Advanced Batteries (ABAT) signed up to provide electric batteries for an EV manufacturer in China. Big things coming for sure and I'm all over these.

Posted via CB10
    Hey lcjr, I'm all over this one as well! . http://www.todoautos.com.pe/portal/m...ia-con-changan

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    lcjr, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    01-01-15 11:59 AM
    M+8,

I've made exactly the same moves! I thing HALO and PSDV have a very big play this year and SPHS was so cheap I couldn't resist a small investment to see how it will play out.

Thank you for your wealth of information!

We made it to 2015 with BBRY at $ 11.00/shr ........... at least in AH!! LOL

So that's the good news, we are in a great position to rally from here with few levels of resistance, so next week, things get really interesting for BlackBerry. I'm so excited for the prospects this year, we haven't gone into a new year with so many top notch products coming to market. If just one of them is successful, we will rally hard here. This time of year is also the best time for a "natural rally" of its own so I can't wait to see how surprised everyone will be this year.

This Sony thing interests, me, so they popped some SIM Cards into legacy phones did they? Hmmmn .......... does that mean they are back on BIS or have they shopped and loaded BES12??? We haven't heard the end of the SONY show by any means.

OT ALERT!!

On Wednesday, I found myself buying stock again, I bought another block of HALO as it has a fantastic chart right now with the 50-dma about to cut up through its 200-dma and there is a ton of news coming in the next two weeks. I also had to buy a block of SPHS as I wasn't aware of the recent story in this one, and at $ .52/shr, that is crazy cheap. Even PSDV is about to get a big pop as their 50-dma is heading for its 200-dma too. Finally, I would like to see Gold fall below $ 1,100.00 just to confirm the size of the rally in the general market.

The market in general, we get the first 5 days of the January indicator that states if the "first 5 days end positively, we are in for a very good year". Then there is the January Effect, a positive January followed by the Superbowl Indicator are all coming as well. I expect them all to be bullish and for BBRY to trade to new highs.

Let's look forward to a great year with Chen working the media like a pro!!

rarsen, lech31, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    01-01-15 12:09 PM
    Thanks Morgan! This is going to be an exciting year for all of us, as most fields we cover are expected to do mighty things. Have a great holiday!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 12:18 PM
    Quick question Morgan, are you going to hold that SPHS for a while or sell it on a good pop?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 01:39 PM
    Lcjr,
    My 2c; I'm in it for the pop unless there is more information.
    M+8 may have more valuable input here though...

Quick question Morgan, are you going to hold that SPHS for a while or sell it on a good pop?

Posted via CB10

lcjr likes this.
    01-01-15 01:58 PM
    Thanks friend.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:05 PM
    Silly Season?

OT: Apple is sued over shortage of storage claims for iOS 8

Apple Inc. misleads consumers about the amount of storage space used by its iOS 8 operating system in iPhones, iPods, and iPads, two users claimed in a suit targeting the software, adding a new wrinkle to a product introduction that has been riddled with hiccups, snafus, and missteps. Apple, the world’s most valuable technology company, does not tell users that “as much as 23.1 percent of the advertised storage capacity of the devices will be consumed by iOS 8,” the two Florida men claimed in a federal suit filed Tuesday in San Jose, Calif. Apple uses the space shortage to drive consumers to its fee-based iCloud storage system, they said. — Bloomberg News
    lcjr, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    01-01-15 02:44 PM
    Guess they were gambling on the premise of ignorance or complacency.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    01-01-15 03:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey LC !!!

My take on SPHS is that the CEO stated he will decide on next steps for their PH-III drug program, probably by the end of February. So that means we could see a marked improvement in the cost factor of that program if they can find a logical solution to modifying of the study itself. If he announces that they are increasing the dosage and reducing the variety of doses, the stock will fly. So I won't be selling a share until we hear from him. I like the company, always have, this sort of problem arises all the time but it normally isn't caught until the PH-III study closes. By then, we have spent a fortune on the trial itself, money you can't get back, nor the loss of time wasted doing that study.

He was saving face announcing that the study was really about defining the next study, doesn't matter, he now has to play his cards and do what's best for SPHS and that involves saving money and right siding the study to produce favourable "potential" results. I think the company will do what's best for shareholders in any event. Hope this helps. I won't sell on any pop, I need to see the CEO present his plan first.
    01-01-15 03:54 PM
    Thank you Morgan!

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-01-15 04:11 PM
    OT: I thought Apple was saving these guys?

The solution to IBM’s woes? Invest more in the business

Robert Cyran
    Reuters Breakingviews

The solution to IBM?s woes? Invest more in the business - The Globe and Mail

IBM Corp. requires an atypical activist fix. Big Blue’s strategy of cost cuts and debt-fuelled buybacks is no longer working – even though the company keeps trying. A tarnished balance sheet, lean staffing and a history of disposals rule out typical activist wheezes. Encouraging chair and chief executive Ginni Rometty to invest in IBM’s core businesses could pay off.

For two decades IBM has run the same playbook. It sells low-margin businesses, slashes expenses, buys some profitable software companies, and returns a lot of cash to investors. Over the past four quarters, the $152-billion (U.S.) company has spent more than $23-billion on dividends and buybacks.

The snag is that IBM is investing too little. Big Blue has spent only about $11-billion over the past four quarters in total on R&D, capital expenditure and acquisitions. That’s a problem in tech, where old products soon become obsolete. While Google spends about 16 per cent of its sales on R&D, IBM spends 6 per cent.

The effect is becoming clear on the top line. Revenue has shrunk for 10 quarters in a row. Costs have been cut to the bone, sending customers fleeing to better service providers. In a good year for stocks, IBM shares have fallen more than 15 per cent. That means IBM has overpaid on its last three years of buybacks.

That has spurred talk of activists. But what could rabble-rousing shareholders demand? Unlike Yahoo there’s no obvious gem to dispose of or cash-laden balance sheet to raid. IBM has been selling off hardware, such as last quarter’s disposal of the chip division, lessening the appeal of an HP-style breakup. IBM hasn’t done any big acquisitions recently, so an activist can’t argue it is wasting capital like HP, which wrote off three-quarters of the $12-billion it paid for Autonomy. And year after year of punishing cost cuts leave no obvious fat to cut.

A better idea is to invest more in the business. Assume IBM repurchases $10-billion of stock next year. Bought back at current rates, that would result in a 7-per-cent increase in earnings per share. Meanwhile, IBM’s pretax return on its business assets is 22 per cent. Diverting that $10-billion into the business could result in more than $2-billion of pretax profit. Put this on IBM’s low 20-per-cent tax rate and the result is more than a 12 per cent increase in earnings per share.

IBM’s focus on financial, rather than product, engineering has caused low employee morale, falling sales and shareholder dissatisfaction. It’s time to invest.
    Corbu, rarsen, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    01-01-15 04:18 PM
    Hey LC !!!

My take on SPHS is that the CEO stated he will decide on next steps for their PH-III drug program, probably by the end of February. So that means we could see a marked improvement in the cost factor of that program if they can find a logical solution to modifying of the study itself. If he announces that they are increasing the dosage and reducing the variety of doses, the stock will fly. So I won't be selling a share until we hear from him. I like the company, always have, this sort of problem arises all the time but it normally isn't caught until the PH-III study closes. By then, we have spent a fortune on the trial itself, money you can't get back, nor the loss of time wasted doing that study.

He was saving face announcing that the study was really about defining the next study, doesn't matter, he now has to play his cards and do what's best for SPHS and that involves saving money and right siding the study to produce favourable "potential" results. I think the company will do what's best for shareholders in any event. Hope this helps. I won't sell on any pop, I need to see the CEO present his plan first.
    How can I say this? Morgan, I am sure I speak for many of us here, but you never cease to amaze me by your knowledge and your capacity to present things clearly. Thank you for incessantly sharing your thoughts with all of us.
    Last edited by Corbu; 01-01-15 at 08:22 PM.
    rarsen, ibpluto, Mr BBRY and 12 others like this.
    01-01-15 06:08 PM
    01-01-15 08:19 PM
    Last edited by CDM76; 01-02-15 at 10:11 AM.
    01-01-15 11:07 PM
    IBM will probably replace csc.

They are a horrible company with a broken leadership structure. Any tallent they hire in that is good leaves within a uear.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 12:21 AM
    Morning all...appears the secusmart purchase was for a reason: http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/12/...inkId=11464378

Classically Posted.
    dusdal, rarsen, bungaboy and 13 others like this.
    01-02-15 07:45 AM
    01-02-15 08:20 AM
    FWIW:
    BlackBerry Limited (BBRY): An Off-the-Radar Potential Winner - Tale of the Tape - NASDAQ.com

It commonly happens in stock investing that investors miss the chance of buying winning stocks that they knew would stand out. Before they take the plunge, others get to know the hidden potential and enter into these stocks, pushing them out of reach.

So, instead of repenting, spotting the off-the-radar potential winners and immediately investing in them could be a smart decision.

One such company that looks well positioned for a solid gain, but has been overlooked by investors lately, is BlackBerry Limited (BBRY).This wireless communication stock has actually seen estimates rise over the past month for the current fiscal year by about 51.9%. But that is not yet reflected in its price, as the stock gained only 0.6% over the same time frame.

You should not be concerned about the price remaining muted going forward. This year's expected earnings growth over the prior year is 90.4%, which should ultimately translate into price appreciation.

And if this isn't enough, BBRY currently carries a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy) which further underscores the potential for its outperformance (See the performance of Zacks' portfolios and strategies here: About Zacks Performance ).

So if you are looking for a stock flying under-the-radar that is well-equipped to bounce down the road, make sure to consider BlackBerry. Solid estimate revisions and an impressive Zacks Rank suggest that better days may be ahead for BBRY and that now might be an interesting buying opportunity.
    jxnb, rarsen, lcjr and 5 others like this.
    01-02-15 08:53 AM
113,256 ... 30883089309030913092 ...