427 37.82%
    OT: Oh dear....Karma works quick!

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-f...panies-2014-12

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-31-14 10:32 AM
    OT: Oh dear....Karma works quick!

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-f...panies-2014-12

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Erin Burnette uses a BlackBerry...and is hot...perhaps they can all share her phone???

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy, ibpluto, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    12-31-14 10:34 AM
    Better coverage from Bloomberg on the old Blackberry's being used by Sony after the hack.

Amid the attack, Sony�s use of BlackBerrys served as yet another reminder that the company has been down but not out. The focus on preventing leaks and hacks has helped BlackBerry maintain a devoted following among heads of state, such as President Barack Obama, and celebrities like Kim Kardashian.
    Old BlackBerrys Came to the Rescue After Sony?s Systems Were Hacked - Bloomberg
    12-31-14 10:45 AM
    Better coverage from Bloomberg on the old Blackberry's being used by Sony after the hack.

Old BlackBerrys Came to the Rescue After Sony?s Systems Were Hacked - Bloomberg
    For the haters and those mocking BlackBerry loyalists (when we get upset at articles like the CNN piece), this is how CNN could have worded and reported it.....just saying

Thank you Bloomberg for having a grain of maturity

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-31-14 10:52 AM
    This blackberry-friendly Colin Gillis guy is cautious on Apple. From Barron's:

Apple: Ample Room for a Pullback, Says BGC

Colin Gillis of BGC Partners this afternoon reiterates a Hold rating on shares of Apple (AAPL), and a $103 price target, writing that investors should look beyond what will be record-setting results in the December quarter, to several challenges he sees ahead.

Among concerns Gillis lists are that smartphone growth is cooling to the level of the broader phone market (i.e., including dumb phones); Apple is dependent on the iPhone; the market cap is large; the Apple Watch smart wristband may be limited in its success; and the Apple Pay payments system brings in minimal revenue.

Smartphone unit growth for the whole industry peaked at 52% in June of 2013, and “we expect growth in units of smartphones to converge to the growth rate of the broader mobile phone market which we estimate is in the 5% to 10% range.”
    12-31-14 11:13 AM
    For the haters and those mocking BlackBerry loyalists (when we get upset at articles like the CNN piece), this is how CNN could have worded and reported it.....just saying

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Didn't mean to be so rough on CNN, I just got carried away by the way they see BlackBerry !!

Z10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-31-14 11:46 AM
    OT: What's the price of gas in Russia lately?
    12-31-14 11:52 AM
    John Chen is probably waiting for Sony to knock on the door like Morpheus did with Neo in The Matrix.

Take the red pill, or in this case: black?
    Probably right. And that is what's wrong......bb should be going to them!

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    12-31-14 12:36 PM
    John Chen is probably waiting for Sony to knock on the door like Morpheus did with Neo in The Matrix.

Take the red pill, or in this case: black?
    Chen doesn't sit still waiting for anyone. I'm sure he has already had someone talk to sony if sony hasn't already come a knocking.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, La Emperor and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-31-14 12:41 PM
    Chen doesn't sit still waiting for anyone. I'm sure he has already had someone talk to sony if sony hasn't already come a knocking.

Posted via CB10
    And why do you think all of a sudden those Classic pre orders from US carriers were sold out in no time...hahaha
    Happy New Year Everyone. Just speculating of course. ;-)
    12-31-14 12:54 PM
    Very well done:
    BlackBerry Classic: A Definitive Review

Props to James Nieves
    12-31-14 01:57 PM
    CNN can't help themselves, or any other US outlet for that matter to take a shot at BlackBerry when ever they can...... dear lord

"The cyberattack on Sony was so bad, employees there were forced to resort to an ancient technology -- the BlackBerry."

Ancient? Seriously? It was "SO BAD", they were "FORCED" to use old BlackBerry's. How can anyone defend these media clowns when for no reason they feel the need to take all that is negative and wrong with the Sony hack and somehow take a pot shot at BlackBerry?

At some point, can this be called bullying?

Can you imagine, things got so bad that they HAD to be FORCED To use their old BlackBerry's ..... not so bad they had to be forced to use a phone tree, or note pads, or personal email accounts.... oh no, it didn't get really bad until the ol' BlackBerry's came out of the drawers....thats when s*#$ got real!

FU CNN.... hope you are "forced" to use BlackBerry again some day.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Let's face it. When you're talking technology 3-4 year old phones, computers, servers can be considered ancient. My laptop is 3.5 yrs old... the chip sets might as well be considered ancient now since there have been 4 or more iterations since then. granted I in no way like CNN just in general but that's the consumer mindset at large. It will take a while to change it.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    georg4BB likes this.
    12-31-14 02:06 PM
    Let's face it. When you're talking technology 3-4 year old phones, computers, servers can be considered ancient. My laptop is 3.5 yrs old... the chip sets might as well be considered ancient now since there have been 4 or more iterations since then. granted I in no way like CNN just in general but that's the consumer mindset at large. It will take a while to change it.

I get that, but just look at the story as it was written by Bloomberg. They somehow managed to report older BlackBerry handsets and the BlackBerry NOC was used without sounding condescending. What CNN did was a d0uch3 move, they went out of their way to try and make what Sony had to do, make BlackBerry look old.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-31-14 02:12 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    CNN like canada 's. CBC is amateur hour when it comes to intelligent well informed people commenting on a subject.. no surprise.. don't watch either....ever..

Hopefully, 2015 is the year BlackBerry gets back in the minds in a positive way in the US with carrier distribution of cool modern phones from BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    12-31-14 02:20 PM
    Closer to home . . .

BlackBerrys to the rescue after Sony’s systems hacked

BlackBerrys to the rescue after Sony?s systems hacked
    12-31-14 03:03 PM
    I don't know if it's been posted here, this was done on the 26th of December 2014.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000341979

Z10
    morganplus8 and Shanerredflag like this.
    12-31-14 03:06 PM
    RED
    I win. LoL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-nasdaq-dec-31-2014.jpg
    Shanerredflag and rarsen like this.
    12-31-14 03:07 PM
    I think it won't move significantly in any direction. Maybe up $.07 or down $.02. As Morgan pointed out, there isn't much buying/selling this week while the people with the power to move the stock are on vacation or trying to square up for 2014.
    Next week is a new year, holidays are over and we have CES. If we see big moves, it will be then. Until then, take a breath or two.

Posted via CB10
    That's in the range you predicted !!

Z10
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    12-31-14 03:20 PM
    I win. LoL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY NASDAQ Dec 31 2014.JPG 
Views:	934 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	324485
    You guys are psychics !!

Z10
    12-31-14 03:23 PM
    Survey: Samsung, BlackBerry Soar in Satisfaction, Apple Continues to Plummet

DailyTech - Survey: Samsung, BlackBerry Soar in Satisfaction, Apple Continues to Plummet

"For 3 in 4 BlackBerry users to be happy with their devices suggests that BlackBerry's restructuring and attempt to get back to the brand's roots is seeing success. Indeed last year BlackBerry only had a 69 percent satisfaction rating. A year-on-year gain of 5 percent in satisfaction puts BlackBerry in a similar league as Samsung in reputation growth."
    12-31-14 03:25 PM
    You guys are psychics !!

Z10
    Nah. Just know how a fiddle gets played. LoL
    ibpluto, Mr BBRY and lcjr like this.
    12-31-14 03:27 PM
    Good predictions today guys.

What do you think about Friday? second day after new year.

#BBFactCheck
    12-31-14 04:02 PM
    Good predictions today guys.

What do you think about Friday? second day after new year.

#BBFactCheck
    My guess, more of the same. Next week the game changes, as the volumes return

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    12-31-14 04:06 PM
    Survey: Samsung, BlackBerry Soar in Satisfaction, Apple Continues to Plummet

DailyTech - Survey: Samsung, BlackBerry Soar in Satisfaction, Apple Continues to Plummet

" A year-on-year gain of 5 percent in satisfaction puts BlackBerry in a similar league as Samsung in reputation growth."
    Not to quibble but the year-on-year gain was actually...7.2%

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-yoy.jpg
    bungaboy, rarsen and dusdal like this.
    12-31-14 04:07 PM
    I get that, but just look at the story as it was written by Bloomberg. They somehow managed to report older BlackBerry handsets and the BlackBerry NOC was used without sounding condescending. What CNN did was a d0uch3 move, they went out of their way to try and make what Sony had to do, make BlackBerry look old.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Believe me we are on the same page. I think CNN fits that description everyday. Just pointing out that unfortunately that's just the general perception here of bbry and will continue to be so until there is like others have said carrier support and a continued string of innovative phones. Can't tell you how many times I hear " wait blackberry isn't dead?" when I pull out my z30. It will change and already is just slower here where the phones are prominently in the stores.

Mr BBRY and ibpluto like this.
    12-31-14 04:08 PM
113,251 ... 30863087308830893090 ...