View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    They are ending new sign ups for the free licenses that would have run until February 1st. They don't start collecting license fees for those previously signed up until Feb 1.

New BES12 licenses not already enrolled, now that the EZ pass offer is pulled for NEW licenses, will pay for licenses immediately.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 10:40 PM
    12-30-14 10:46 PM
    Meh/10

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 12:54 AM
    They are ending new sign ups for the free licenses that would have run until February 1st. They don't start collecting license fees for those previously signed up until Feb 1.

New BES12 licenses not already enrolled, now that the EZ pass offer is pulled for NEW licenses, will pay for licenses immediately.

Posted via CB10
    After that, I think the next major date is July 1 when all the unused licenses (i.e. not assigned to a device) under the EZ Pass trade in program get purged.

Micro businesses with EZ Pass licenses may opt out of the EZ Pass license trade in and just buy annual subscriptions because it's cheaper. Breakeven for a pure BB10 shop with only Silver CALs would be 60 users before EZ Pass trade in makes sense. Each Silver level annual subscription is $23. Under the EZ Pass trade in, you pay $900 for the tech support contract plus $8 per Silver CAL. Therefore BlackBerry may still get subscribers even though the EZ Pass licenses go unused.

Hope this made sense.
    dusdal, jxnb, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    12-31-14 02:42 AM
    "Crippling hack forced Sony to use old BlackBerrys"

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/30/tech...ree/index.html

==========================================

http://www.businessinsider.com/sony-...ecover-2014-12

"They even took out old BlackBerrys because of smartphones� own email servers"
    CNN can't help themselves, or any other US outlet for that matter to take a shot at BlackBerry when ever they can...... dear lord

"The cyberattack on Sony was so bad, employees there were forced to resort to an ancient technology -- the BlackBerry."

Ancient? Seriously? It was "SO BAD", they were "FORCED" to use old BlackBerry's. How can anyone defend these media clowns when for no reason they feel the need to take all that is negative and wrong with the Sony hack and somehow take a pot shot at BlackBerry?

At some point, can this be called bullying?

Can you imagine, things got so bad that they HAD to be FORCED To use their old BlackBerry's ..... not so bad they had to be forced to use a phone tree, or note pads, or personal email accounts.... oh no, it didn't get really bad until the ol' BlackBerry's came out of the drawers....thats when s*#$ got real!

FU CNN.... hope you are "forced" to use BlackBerry again some day.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-31-14 06:53 AM
    John Chen is probably waiting for Sony to knock on the door like Morpheus did with Neo in The Matrix.

Take the red pill, or in this case: black?
    12-31-14 07:12 AM
    Here are some security thoughts for 2015: http://www.scmagazine.com/2015-predi.../section/4509/

Classically Posted.
    rarsen, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    12-31-14 07:44 AM
    And one last comforting security related blurb: http://www.tbreak.com/fake-android-i...-bank-details/

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-31-14 08:01 AM
    CNN can't help themselves, or any other US outlet for that matter to take a shot at BlackBerry when ever they can...... dear lord

"The cyberattack on Sony was so bad, employees there were forced to resort to an ancient technology -- the BlackBerry."

Ancient? Seriously? It was "SO BAD", they were "FORCED" to use old BlackBerry's. How can anyone defend these media clowns when for no reason they feel the need to take all that is negative and wrong with the Sony hack and somehow take a pot shot at BlackBerry?

Can you imagine, things got so bad that they HAD to be FORCED To use their old BlackBerry's ..... not so bad they had to be forced to use a phone tree, or note pads, or personal email accounts.... oh no, it didn't get really bad until the ol' BlackBerry's came out of the drawers....thats when s*#$ got real!

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    I actually read it in a positive light. Despite being several years old and despite a market flooded with thousands of mobile phone options, BlackBerrys are still the best option when it comes to security.

There are certain writers on certain sites that continuously tout that any company can offer the same level of security as a BlackBerry because AES encryption is available for all to use. If that's the case, why wouldn't Sony choose iphones or samsung phones with Knox, or Blackphone, or any one of a multitude of devices who tout being "secure"? I'll tell you why. Because when it comes to security, being good isn't good enough, and even at Blackberry's lowest points in the market, they still were and are the gold standard when it comes to security.

This is a perfect example of what separates BlackBerry from the rest of the security crowd. This is a perfect example of why the barrier to entry in the secure mobile device market is higher than what analysts and bloggers concede. This is a perfect example of why I'm completely confident in Blackberry's value proposition.

Nice try CNN. Even with your negative intents, you still managed to point out why when it comes to security, there's only BlackBerry.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! 
    12-31-14 08:03 AM
    I agree, 3_M4N. CNN and the rest of iMedia may spin this as a negative, but they sure swallowed their pride whilst doing so.
    12-31-14 08:09 AM

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    I don't listen to CNN anymore, not only old are they not connected and outdated they are irrelevant !! :-|

Z10
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    12-31-14 08:24 AM

CB10'n it....via da Z30

Although I agree with your comments, I must point out that IMO, the worst offenders are not US outlets but rather those which are Canadian. G&M being the worst IMO. In fact I do not recall the last time they published something on the front page which was all positive. Over xmas they left an article on the first page in the investing section about demoting a sales exec.

Then of course you have the hypocrite Cdn carriers who appealed to "Canadians" to think about "Canadians" when considering the implications of a US carrier entering our market. Canadian jobs, Canadian company, blah, blah, blah! Wow, how selfless of them.

But wait, after just a few months Rogers decides that the Z30 isn't for their customers and on its release they would not carry it. A##h###. Glad that BlackBerry fans reacted so quickly.

That is some d### move on their part. One I won't soon forget.

Sent*from*my*BlackBerry*10*smartphone*
    12-31-14 08:26 AM
    I don't listen to CNN anymore, not only old are they not connected and outdated they are irrelevant !! :-|

Z10
    Agreed. The only thing I watch on CNN is Anthony Bourdain.
    12-31-14 08:29 AM
    Although I agree with your comments, I must point out that IMO, the worst offenders are not US outlets but rather those which are Canadian. G&M being the worst IMO. In fact I do not recall the last time they published something on the front page which was all positive. Over xmas they left an article on the first page in the investing section about demoting a sales exec.

Then of course you have the hypocrite Cdn carriers who appealed to "Canadians" to think about "Canadians" when considering the implications of a US carrier entering our market. Canadian jobs, Canadian company, blah, blah, blah! Wow, how selfless of them.

But wait, after just a few months Rogers decides that the Z30 isn't for their customers and on its release they would not carry it. A##h###. Glad that BlackBerry fans reacted so quickly.

That is some d### move on their part. One I won't soon forget.

Sent*from*my*BlackBerry*10*smartphone*
    Good points. Didn't want to imply it is only US media outlets, G&M and CBC are brutal as well. At least Global the Sun and Star have some decent things to say

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    12-31-14 08:32 AM
    Good points. Didn't want to imply it is only US media outlets, G&M and CBC are brutal as well. At least Global the Sun and Star have some decent things to say

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    The line between these all of these media outlets and The National Enquirer is now very blurry.

Sensationalism, Shock Jocks, Click Bait . . .
    12-31-14 08:40 AM
    The line between these all of these media outlets and The National Enquirer is now very blurry.

Sensationalism, Shock Jocks, Click Bait . . .
    The National Enquirer is for the super agents of MIB

Z10
    12-31-14 08:47 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies files:

Report: Windows 10 will have a new browser that's not Internet Explorer
    "Rebranding the official Windows browser makes a great deal of sense. Internet Explorer has a poor reputation among developers and users, much of it rooted in Microsoft's traditional preference for proprietary tools over open standards. Although that stance has changed considerably since the early days of IE, the stigma is so great that Microsoft recently made an ad explaining that the browser's poor reputation isn't deserved."
    12-31-14 08:51 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies files:

Report: Windows 10 will have a new browser that's not Internet Explorer
    "Rebranding the official Windows browser makes a great deal of sense. Internet Explorer has a poor reputation among developers and users, much of it rooted in Microsoft's traditional preference for proprietary tools over open standards. Although that stance has changed considerably since the early days of IE, the stigma is so great that Microsoft recently made an ad explaining that the browser's poor reputation isn't deserved."
    Interesting they chose the name Spartan...I can see the ads already.

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy, La Emperor and rarsen like this.
    12-31-14 09:01 AM
    As we are talking about the Sony hack, I think this has been posted before but worth repeating:
    Will the Sony Hack Bring Back the BlackBerry? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Time to Pony Up

Security is like an insurance policy. You pay up front in exchange for eliminating a relatively small chance of not paying later. Oddly, most people and companies are completely comfortable with paying for home insurance, fire insurance, flood insurance, health insurance, and life insurance, but not hacking insurance.

OpinionsThe vast majority of us practice security through obscurity. Mostly, we hope we're just too unimportant, as people, to get hacked. Mostly, we are. And if we want to live in a world of private social networks, we have to accept insecure solutions. "Consumer" encryption like PGP is unusable. The best thing we have out there right now is two-factor authentication and identity-protection services like LifeLock or AllClear ID. I use them, and you should, too. Consider an identity-protection service to be your hacking insurance.

Companies with full-time IT staff have more options. They just made a cost-benefit analysis and decided that securing their systems costs more than it's worth. Because there are plenty of solutions! So many solutions - an entire industry of solutions. Good. MobileIron. Soti. Samsung Knox. And BlackBerry, so much BlackBerry, always BlackBerry.

It's true that secure solutions are a bit more annoying, and a lot more expensive, than insecure ones. Maybe you won't be able to use company data on your own phone or your own PC any more. Maybe you'll need a hardware authentication token (a BlackBerry, apparently, can serve as one.) Maybe companies will need to hire some more IT people and actually think about managing their data. If not, this will happen again, more often than not.

Calling up the folks who sell BlackBerry Enterprise Server might be a start.
    For a more in-depth account of the Sony hack:
    Behind the Scenes at Sony as Hacking Crisis Unfolded - WSJ

Fairly long. I can post it if you guys are interested.
    12-31-14 09:03 AM
    Delusional if he thinks that those things are not needed.
    Posted via CB10
    Depends on the usage ...
    12-31-14 09:11 AM
    BlackBerry/QNX finally getting some name recognition:

I recently tested a prototype at Ford's headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan, and can confirm the newly-named SYNC 3 is a huge improvement.

The operating system is no longer engineered by Microsoft. Instead, it uses Blackberry's QNX OS.
    Ford finally fixes its SYNC software | Autonet.ca
    12-31-14 09:13 AM
    OT: a look at the top 25 searched Urban legends of 2014: http://www.snopes.com/info/top2014ul...nt=bufferfe2c7

Classically Posted.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    12-31-14 09:20 AM
    Do you guys think bbry will close in the red today or will rise back to neutral.

#BBFactCheck
    12-31-14 09:46 AM
    Do you guys think bbry will close in the red today or will rise back to neutral.

#BBFactCheck
    RED
    12-31-14 09:54 AM

#BBFactCheck
    I think it won't move significantly in any direction. Maybe up $.07 or down $.02. As Morgan pointed out, there isn't much buying/selling this week while the people with the power to move the stock are on vacation or trying to square up for 2014.
    Next week is a new year, holidays are over and we have CES. If we see big moves, it will be then. Until then, take a breath or two.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 10:02 AM
113,256 ... 30853086308730883089 ...