702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Trading higher near end of the day. What's going on

#BBFactCheck
    Kia Research said they were dead...again lol

Classically Posted.
    12-30-14 03:09 PM
    Pretty happy with bbrys strength in a not so great market today!

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!

IMO, we are just following the steps we made several weeks ago before shorters sold another 11+ million shares into the rally following earnings.
    12-30-14 03:14 PM
    OT: M+8: When you get a moment could you kindly comment on the rumblings with MNKD

Thank you. Ben
    Corbu likes this.
    12-30-14 03:26 PM
    Actually, for the Classic you cannot check available stock anymore because Digital River / BlackBerry capped the order quantity at 100!

Also, seems like they got a bunch of Q5s in white which was previously sold out for some time (which was a surprise to me since I think it's out of production).

Sorry for digressing.

Posted via CB10
    Classic: We are sorry but there is not enough quantity in stock to complete this order. We have 977 available. Please update your quantity.
    W Hoa likes this.
    12-30-14 03:43 PM
    They must have tons of those things laying around collecting dust. It seems like they have gotten rid of all the q10's and z10's tho
    "We have 759 available."
    12-30-14 03:46 PM
    Interesting trading volume on Chi-X today. Whoops, meant to say interesting BB trading. Ten million shares traded hands.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-chi2.jpg
    Last edited by W Hoa; 12-30-14 at 08:22 PM.
    12-30-14 04:12 PM
    OT: M+8: When you get a moment could you kindly comment on the rumblings with MNKD

Thank you. Ben
    OT ALERT With some BBRY Too !!!!!!

Hi Ben!!

Are you concerned about the price, media attention and comments"?

The stock price is similar to that of other companies its size, they hit their high a few months ago and most of them are drifting off into the close of the year.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mnkd-dec-30-2014.png

You can see the long sloping downtrend line and a period where it has been moving sideways over the past 4-weeks. The news is negative because that's what speculation and the media does best. The question is whether MNKD got a good deal with their drug, the answer is YES, this was their first major contract at a time when they had nothing to offer the sector. They need to build on that contract. There has also been some programmed stock sales from management, no big deal there either. The drug is solid, the contract is the best one you can get under the circumstances and the stock will do well once it clears its downtrend line. I still see this one going to $ 10.00/shr in the first half of 2015.

BBRY - The stock is bullish, we made it above $ 11.00/shr heading into the final day of trade in 2014. The selling has all gone in this trade. Right now, the market is closed until the New Year, Funds won't commit money until next year and so now is a perfect time for the stock to drift up. We are seeing that every day, it drops back to its 3-ema, tested it for a moment, then rallies to new highs and stays strong all day, every day. We are trading through resistance and getting ready for next week when the market opens for business across the board.

The chart looks like this:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-dec-30-2014.png

It looks as though no one will be buying shares below $ 10.00 on this cycle. I still expect us to rally into January and even part of February next year. Not much to say, the stock is bullish as long as it stays above its 3-ema and we are seeing more TA resistant levels fall as we move higher. The next level of resistance is just over $ 11.00/shr so we will tackle that one next. As you can see in this chart, we are running out of lines of resistance!!!

Perhaps we can hear from one of those BBRY shorts on how they are feeling with the stock above $ 11.00/shr today? Thanks
    12-30-14 04:16 PM
    Thanks for your comments on BBRY, Morgan, much appreciated. Although, the markets are open tomorrow, unless I'm mistaken. They are closed New Year's Day.

OFF TOPIC:
    Sophiris tanked recently, and I was wondering if anyone thought it was worth picking up at current levels, or if it's more likely to just dwindle from here. Their market cap is so small, it's unnerving. Thanks [Edit: ticker is SPHS]

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-30-14 04:24 PM
    Thank you M+8 for your assessment of MNKD and BBRY, I have been looking to get in on this one but have been watching this down-trend hoping we drop into the 4's. I saw the management stock sales which was a concern to be honest. I will patiently watch this down-trend before jumping in.

As always thank you for your time and insight into this and BBRY
    Corbu, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    12-30-14 04:56 PM
    M8 sir, do you think if bbry will fall back like 3-5 percent in the next few trading day? I'm looking for an entry point.

#BBFactCheck
    12-30-14 06:01 PM
    Thanks for your comments on BBRY, Morgan, much appreciated. Although, the markets are open tomorrow, unless I'm mistaken. They are closed New Year's Day.

OFF TOPIC:
    Sophiris tanked recently, and I was wondering if anyone thought it was worth picking up at current levels, or if it's more likely to just dwindle from here. Their market cap is so small, it's unnerving. Thanks [Edit: ticker is SPHS]

Posted via CB10
    Hi Reed!!!

The markets are open 4 out of 5 days this week but the point is that there is no money there. Funds close their books for the year, volumes dry up and the retail trade takes over. You can write off this time of year but look forward to next week when everyone comes back and decisions for 2015 take hold. In this environment, BBRY can do very well. The haters sold/shorted it, tax loss players sold it (some use the 30-day tax rule to repurchase it again), and Funds dumped it so as not to show it on their books. With all of that one-sided selling, we have a great chance at a pop in the stock. Rest up for next week.

If the general market holds up, I see BBRY continuing to climb from here. Not much resistance all the way to its 52-week highs after $ 11.08/shr. GL

In addition:
    OOPS! I forgot to mention something about Sophiris - SPHS

Sorry about that. So they opened the PH-III study for analysis after only 12 weeks and there was no improvement in patient health. The company states that they are going ahead with the study intact as it is for the remaining period to collect data to formulate the next study. I have seen this happen dozens of times and the stock pays the price going into the end of the year ..... followed by a sharp rally. There was no connection to sepsis so the drug is a safe product which would have been fatal otherwise. Going the distance with this study knowing it is not going to produce a positive outcome is costly as you know. The market sold off on that response. But Acadia went through the exact same thing, they noticed at the end of that trail that they used the wrong dosage and once that was confirmed, they introduced PH-III-B and the rest is history. I like this company, haven't looked at it in awhile. At 1/2 buck it is a call option on a company with a solid business model. As I mentioned in my comments above, it was dumped for tax reasons and because no one wants to show it on their books at the end of this year ( a bit like BBRY). I like it and think it will rally in 2015. GL
    Last edited by morganplus8; 12-30-14 at 07:04 PM.
    rarsen, bungaboy, ibpluto and 11 others like this.
    12-30-14 06:47 PM
    M8 sir, do you think if bbry will fall back like 3-5 percent in the next few trading day? I'm looking for an entry point.

#BBFactCheck
    Masterful!

I'm glad your pointing your questions to the right person on this thread, but please spare him from repeating himself. Only about 5-6 posts ago, he was very clear that he is bullish on BBRY through January into February. He also is too kind to give you a hard time about asking a redundant question, so I would like to kindly step in and request you reserve the questions to cover new topics only. I hope you realize I'm trying to assist this conversation to be as efficient and informative as possible to all members, while preserving our secret weapon (M+8). Cheers!

OT - Reed R, I also got creamed on SPHS. I did a little homework to see what caused the 80%+ drop and I don't know if it was really justified. I'm curious what Morgan thinks on this too.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Reed Richards likes this.
    12-30-14 07:01 PM

#BBFactCheck
    masterful,

I would keep an eye on the 3-ema (today it is at $ 10.92/shr amd moves with the direction of the stock as it is a 3 day indicator including the present trading day), if the stock closes below that level and confirms the reversal in trend, we will drop to the 50-dma at $ 10.47/shr and that's your 5% retreat!!! I'm not sure it will happen as we typically have a great first week back in the New Year. GL
    bungaboy, Corbu, ibpluto and 3 others like this.
    12-30-14 07:07 PM
    Masterful!

I'm glad your pointing your questions to the right person on this thread, but please spare him from repeating himself. Only about 5-6 posts ago, he was very clear that he is bullish on BBRY through January into February. He also is too kind to give you a hard time about asking a redundant question, so I would like to kindly step in and request you reserve the questions to cover new topics only. I hope you realize I'm trying to assist this conversation to be as efficient and informative as possible to all members, while preserving our secret weapon (M+8). Cheers!

OT - Reed R, I also got creamed on SPHS. I did a little homework to see what caused the 80%+ drop and I don't know if it was really justified. I'm curious what Morgan thinks on this too.

Mr. BBRY Sir !!!

That's okay, I need to post to the thread more often! I always read this thread and rarely miss a question that comes my way. I had forgotten about SPHS, I missed buying it on the Spring cycle and then moved onto others. So when I saw that price, well, I had to look at the cause for myself. I really like the company, they have a great business model, but this PH-III cost will be high with well over 470 enrolled in the program. Let's say they spend $ 30 MM on the program, knowing it won't get the drug approved, that's some serious money. I have to believe that they will shut it down as soon as they can find an indicator like proper dosing, or an additional way to deliver the drug,( i.e., using HALO's Enhanze). It is a micro-biotech but I still think there are options for, even a small company like that. I do think it is an interesting buying op right now as it will pop in the first week of January. GL
    12-30-14 07:23 PM
    The biggest is to come ... he also rumored nothing less than a new web protocol that would get rid of IP address and destroy the DOS attacks capabilities. He said he wants to make this as a "gift for posterity" ...
    Delusional if he thinks that those things are not needed.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 08:00 PM
    Mr. BBRY Sir !!!

That's okay, I need to post to the thread more often! I always read this thread and rarely miss a question that comes my way. GL
    Why am I not surprised that you responded to both me and masterful? This thread really is one of a kind and you are a gentleman! THANK YOU!

12-30-14 08:00 PM
    I am generally not fond of posting SA stuff but since this one has to do with what our dear friend said...

3 Reasons Why Morgan Stanley Is Wrong About BlackBerry - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    Why are they still using February 1st as the cut off date for Ez pass. Did I hear BlackBerrys John Chen say they would stop the program this recent quarter, or I'm making a mistake? Any one care to clarify this date?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 08:37 PM
    While watching Kron4 News here in the Bay Area they had a picture shown to encourage folks to download the app. There were 3 phones: Iphone, android and also a blackberry (looked like a Bold/Classic). Never had seen this before - I remember this always to have been an IPhone and Android device pictured. Anyone else noticing this change for other app ads?

This app I checked can be downloaded from the Amazon app store: Amazon.com: KRON 4: Appstore for Android
    ZayDub, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    12-30-14 08:50 PM
    M8, Mr.bbry, thank you both for taking your time replying. It is much appreciated. I will follow your advice and i agree with your year end explanation but we still don't know if there will be any short entry the next year as well. Anyway thanks again you two. Happy new year.

#BBFactCheck
    morganplus8, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-30-14 09:12 PM
    Why are they still using February 1st as the cut off date for Ez pass. Did I hear BlackBerrys John Chen say they would stop the program this recent quarter, or I'm making a mistake? Any one care to clarify this date?

Posted via CB10
    Chen definitely said they are ending it early...December is it.

Classically Posted.
    12-30-14 09:16 PM
    So I was switching channels on my antenna and see the tail end of a video with credits....

Not my cup of tea when it comes to music....but the name of this group and song title have become my anthem for 2015:

BlackBerry Smoke - Good one comin' on

It's a sign!!!!
    12-30-14 09:40 PM
    "Crippling hack forced Sony to use old BlackBerrys"

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/30/tech...ree/index.html

==========================================

http://www.businessinsider.com/sony-...ecover-2014-12

"They even took out old BlackBerrys because of smartphones� own email servers"
    12-30-14 10:01 PM
    From the last Earnings Call:

Our BES 12 seating program the EZ Pass now has over 4,900 total customer registrations, which is about 1,300 more than last quarter when we reported. As of today we have 6.8 million licenses turned in, 100% growth over last quarter. So very, very well received. Of these licenses about one-third were traded in from competitors. With this uptake exceeding our goal, obviously somewhat way exceeded my goal, our attention is now turning to monetizing it for FY’16. So we have decided to end the EZ Pass sign up at the end of this month, at the end of December.
    12-30-14 10:07 PM
    Thanks Shanerrredflag and Corbu! That should throw a monkey wrench into their calculations.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 10:14 PM
    Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 10:37 PM
113,256 ... 30843085308630873088 ...