View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Blackberry assistance VS Siri explained.
    Warning. Foul language.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...&v=mSODikfvo6Y

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-28-14 10:36 AM
    Can this be valid?

BlackBerry Q20 Classic Released on AT&T and Verizon, Initial Orders Sell Out Immediately

BlackBerry Q20 Classic Released on AT&T and Verizon, Initial Orders Sell Out Immediately | Master Herald
    12-28-14 11:47 AM
    Can this be valid?

BlackBerry Q20 Classic Released on AT&T and Verizon, Initial Orders Sell Out Immediately

BlackBerry Q20 Classic Released on AT&T and Verizon, Initial Orders Sell Out Immediately | Master Herald
    Hope so.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-28-14 12:27 PM
    Can this be valid?

It does seem a bit odd for "initial orders" to be sold out considering neither carrier has announced official release dates for the Classic, but maybe the "initial orders" were enterprise sales.

If that's the case, it's odd that the article didn't mention that they were in fact enterprise sales. I guess we'll have to stay tuned to see if any other sources corroborate the claim.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! 
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-28-14 12:47 PM
    It does seem a bit odd for "initial orders" to be sold out considering neither carrier has announced official release dates for the Classic, but maybe the "initial orders" were enterprise sales.

If that's the case, it's odd that the article didn't mention that they were in fact enterprise sales. I guess we'll have to stay tuned to see if any other sources corroborate the claim.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! 
    I agree. I think they are confused with the earlier stories of the ShopBlackBerry and Amazon pre-order allotment sell outs.
    3_M4N likes this.
    12-28-14 01:12 PM
    Here is the real reason Tim Cook was named CNNMoney CEO (Change Execution Orderer) of the year!

iOS 7 Sep 18, 2013

iOS 7.0.1 Sep 19, 2013

iOS 7.0.2 Sep 26, 2013

iOS 7.0.3 Oct 22, 2013

iOS 7.0.4 Nov 14, 2013

iOS 7.0.5 Jan 29, 2014

iOS 7.0.6 Feb 21, 2014

iOS 7.1 Mar 10, 2014

iOS 7.1.1 Apr 22, 2014

iOS 7.1.2 Jun 30, 2014
    12-28-14 01:55 PM
    Here is the real reason Tim Cook was named CNNMoney CEO (Change Execution Orderer) of the year!

iOS 7 Sep 18, 2013

iOS 7.0.1 Sep 19, 2013

iOS 7.0.2 Sep 26, 2013

iOS 7.0.3 Oct 22, 2013

iOS 7.0.4 Nov 14, 2013

iOS 7.0.5 Jan 29, 2014

iOS 7.0.6 Feb 21, 2014

iOS 7.1 Mar 10, 2014

iOS 7.1.1 Apr 22, 2014

iOS 7.1.2 Jun 30, 2014

Jheez, more official builds than BB10 leaks.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 02:49 PM
    Jheez, more official builds than BB10 leaks.

Posted via CB10
    Bug fixes! Dem were Bug Fixes.
    rarsen, Bilaal, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    12-28-14 03:13 PM
    BlackBerry will go higher in 2015, says Cormark - Cantech Letter

Some critics might take BlackBerry’s (TSX:BB) Q3 revenue shortfall as evidence that its turnaround isn’t working, but digging deeper into the numbers reveals a company whose future is looking brighter, says Cormark analyst Richard Tse.

On Friday, December 19th, BlackBerry reported its 2015 third quarter results. The company lost (U.S.) $148-million on revenue of $793-million, a number that fell short of the consensus expectation of of $931.5 million.

“We achieved a key milestone in our eight-quarter plan with positive cash flow,” said CEO John Chen. “We also attained another important milestone in the release of our new enterprise software products and devices. Our focus now turns to expanding our distribution and driving revenue growth.”

Tse says the quarter was a “mixed bag” and notes that he wasn’t expecting world-beating numbers from the company anyway. He says the revenue shortfall doesn’t concern him because the low Average Sell Price (ASP) of $180 on handsets came from the company clearing out old inventory in order to focus on the newer Passport and Classic. The analyst thinks more meaningful datapoints such as an upgrade cycle that will drive the ASP of hardware, BES12 gaining traction and, most importantly, the company’s software/subscription model, which he expects will be the real value creator for the company moving forward, not hardware.

“No doubt, the scale of execution required to make this turnaround successful is big (hence the risk rating),” says Tse, “…but we’re assuming there are enough initiatives in the pipeline to make BES12 and the related enterprise applications a success or at least make the brand meaningful in enterprise.”

In a research update to clients following the quarter, Tse reiterated his “Buy” rating and $17.00 one-year target on BlackBerry, with a “Speculative” risk rating.

“…we believe this name will continue to move higher in the new year,” said Tse.
    12-28-14 03:50 PM
    "
    ...BES12 gaining traction and, most importantly, the company�s software/subscription model, which he expects will be the real value creator for the company moving forward, not hardware.

�....there are enough initiatives in the pipeline to make BES12 and the related enterprise applications a success or at least make the brand meaningful in enterprise.�

Can't wait for 2015 !!!
    12-28-14 03:58 PM
    One thing that was a real downer over the holidays was not seeing Classics on display. I saw one dummy model for it at the Virgin booth, with one lady going through the purchase process for it, and another one waiting to see it.

When I went to Telus to ask, the response seemed irritable (like many had asked) and they notified me that only one store in the area had it.

Shame, because whether people would have bought over the holidays or not, just the large volume of people walking by would have done wonders.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 04:32 PM
    I have an issue with BB's "sold out" comments running rampant in the media at large.

Quite frankly these comments mean nothing to me as they are not qualified with volume.

"Sold out" ... what? 1, 10, 100, 1,000 ... ???

Such remarks parallel what you might read in your local department store flyer delivered to your home only to find out after visiting the store to make a purchase that the item you wanted is "sold out" because the store only got a few items in for sale.

Hopefully this "sold out" nonsense comes to and end if not substantiated with actual numbers.

Without numbers this lends itself to leaving me guarded on being overly bullish.

All the best everyone as 2014 comes to and end.
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-28-14 08:50 PM
    Nice review, apologies if already posted, could be contributing to some of the sell outs we are hearing

http://www.itbusiness.ca/blog/the-bl...-delight/52993

Bottom Line: The BlackBerry Classic combines the famous BlackBerry keyboard with a touch screen browser. OS 10 provides exceptional features that simplify the management messaging and documents. The ability to run Android apps provides access to popular productivity apps. The result is an exceptional user experience and a real aid to mobile productivity. Blackberry may no longer have market share, but it has proved that it can produce an exceptional and competitive product.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-28-14 09:31 PM
    Review: BlackBerry Classic - Canadian Reviewer - Reviews, News and Opinion with a Canadian Perspective

Conclusion:

With the BlackBerry Classic, John Chen and Co. can tick off that niggling square on their to-do list. They’ve successfully relaunched the BlackBerry Bold in a modern ecosystem of apps and functionality and should satisfy users who have long missed this type of mission critical device.

The BlackBerry Classic is a messaging wonder, a smartphone that straddles the line between the past and the present and it offers loyalist and Bold users a great platform to finally graduate to.

People who aren’t fascinated with QWERTY keyboards, who prefer browsing on larger screens and consuming content, will find this an odd device to consider. Clearly, this midrange business smartphone is not for them.

In terms of messaging, email, writing and editing documents on the fly and actual calling and conference calling features, the Classic excels. It may not shine as a smartphone for photos, games or media playback but these are not the intended uses of this device.

If you can come to terms with that and already know what you need the BlackBerry Classic for, then you’ll be happy with this device for years to come.

Rating: 4 out of 5
    12-28-14 10:01 PM
    Any more updates about when we will hear anything about a DoD deal and BlackBerry? The announcement of BES12 with all the integration deals BlackBerry is doing points to the company positioning itself very strongly in favour of that deal. To be clear when I mention integrations I'm referring with the Samsung Knox deal and the Boeing deal.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-29-14 01:39 AM
    12-29-14 06:23 AM
    I'll check with my buddy at DISA, but last word from DoD perspective is to allow multiple brands and continue to use in-house software. This basically renders most of the features of a device useless, but government phones are mostly for email and calls. There are exceptions, but few. DISA is also developing their own cloud usage, accessible only by registered authorized users. I don't have the link right now but can post it later.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 07:59 AM
    I have no problem at all reading about sellouts, much prefer them over write downs and millions in over stock...keep them coming.

Classically Posted.
    12-29-14 08:08 AM
    Great post SF! Well done.
    12-29-14 08:14 AM
    I have an issue with all the "FUD" comments on anything related to BlackBerry running rampant in the media/blogs/forums/posts.
    12-29-14 08:17 AM
    New York Times piece on The Classic... worth another look.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/1...ght-keys/?_r=0

Classically Posted.
    12-29-14 08:29 AM
    Why is the bb green and Bbry red? How long is the corrections

#BBFactCheck
    12-29-14 08:39 AM
    Why is the bb green and Bbry red? How long is the corrections

#BBFactCheck
    Because BB was not trading on Friday, and because BBRY had big gains last Friday, BB is just catching up. Unless BBRY is a couple percent red today, BB will close green compared to its Wednesday close.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-29-14 08:46 AM
    Yeah that NYC piece was actually accurate and fair...funny how it's so rare to see anything regarding BlackBerry that you can say this about...

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 09:00 AM
    Is "the street" in love again with BBRY ?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    That's another $quarter more in a short while ... back in the two digits !
    12-29-14 09:07 AM
113,256 ... 30813082308330843085 ...