702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hedge funds doing what Hedge funds do.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    12-26-14 10:56 AM
    Merry Christmas everyone!

I don't believe anyone posted the short numbers that were published on Tuesday.

12/15/2014 111,509,772
    11/28/2014 111,375,334
    11/14/2014 99,051,192

The settlement date (Dec 15) was a few days before the Q3 earnings release.

Posted via CB10
    BB short interest is up 12.15.2014 > 112 / 524 = 21.3%
    BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com
    Already been posted!
    cjcampbell, ibpluto and rarsen like this.
    12-26-14 10:56 AM
    The BIG Pump?
    It would be nice!

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    12-26-14 11:04 AM
    I guess it's not trading on the TSX today ?!?

ZZ TOP10 Catch and release !!
    12-26-14 11:06 AM
    I guess it's not trading on the TSX today ?!?

No... the TSX is closed for Boxing Day.
    3MIKE likes this.
    12-26-14 11:07 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-images.jpg

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    12-26-14 11:19 AM
    Merry Christmas and best wishes for the upcoming year(s).
    Family time and usual 'off the screens' days until next week.
    Thanks all for your kind words, let's spread some positive vibes for all of us in our warm 'home'. It' so quiet, I can ear the fire sparkling in the fireplace and the smell of the maroons (+8 ! ).
    Enjoy,
    Cheers
    SF

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 11:42 AM
    Greetings from The Classic...time to test drive this baby for a couple weeks, see how it does.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, Mr BBRY, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    12-26-14 12:28 PM
    Attachment 323289

Woooo hoooo! Come on $13!!!

Daddy Needs A New Classic!!!......BlackBerry that is!!!

Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    12-26-14 12:41 PM
    QNX gets a couple of paragraphs. No mention of BlackBerry however.

The conundrum of connected cars
    Do the reported 'software' revenues in the ER include QNX?

Are the QNX sales insignificant at this point ?

I'm guessing until we start seeing revenue being reported from QNX only then will the market tart speaking /writing about the BlackBerry and QNX together.....as one company.

Right now it seems like most of the literature seems to write about QNX with no mention of BB.
    12-26-14 12:53 PM
    Greetings from The Classic...time to test drive this baby for a couple weeks, see how it does.

Posted via CB10
    Please keep us updated with feedback. I'm very interested in hearing your reaction after coming from the Passport.

I'm thinking about lowering my personal post ER target to $11 / share on a closing basis to justify pulling the trigger on my Classic. It pains me that I haven't seen one yet, and I'm tired of waiting to hear a peep from US carriers.

That being said, isn't it interesting how we justify certain decisions in life? I'm aware how ridiculous I sound saying that the BBRY share price will drive me to buy a phone that I don't need. It's just the way my mind works, but I get the feeling most of us BBRY long term shareholders have that in common. The same way we refuse to believe the chants of the media and majority of the public telling us to let go of the hope we place in BlackBerry. It's a certain level of discipline to set a goal and achieve it. The same way, I plan to celebrate with some cocktails tonight if we close above $11 / share even though I have no intention on selling any of my shares below $20. It's setting one milestone after another and having patience and perseverance while keeping your eyes on the prize. I hope you all continue to enjoy your day and holiday weekend! Cheers, gang!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    12-26-14 01:04 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img-20141226-wa000_edit.jpg

Happy Boxing Day, Laurel and Hardy Squad for life lol

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu and lcjr like this.
    12-26-14 01:17 PM
    Please keep us updated with feedback. I'm very interested in hearing your reaction after coming from the Passport.

I'm thinking about lowering my personal post ER target to $11 / share on a closing basis to justify pulling the trigger on my Classic. It pains me that I haven't seen one yet, and I'm tired of waiting to hear a peep from US carriers.

That being said, isn't it interesting how we justify certain decisions in life? I'm aware how ridiculous I sound saying that the BBRY share price will drive me to buy a phone that I don't need. It's just the way my mind works, but I get the feeling most of us BBRY long term shareholders have that in common. The same way we refuse to believe the chants of the media and majority of the public telling us to let go of the hope we place in BlackBerry. It's a certain level of discipline to set a goal and achieve it. The same way, I plan to celebrate with some cocktails tonight if we close above $11 / share even though I have no intention on selling any of my shares below $20. It's setting one milestone after another and having patience and perseverance while keeping your eyes on the prize. I hope you all continue to enjoy your day and holiday weekend! Cheers, gang!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Absolutely I will Mr BBRY. Agree about justifying purchases of not needed devices... I justify as research lol.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY and rarsen like this.
    12-26-14 01:17 PM
    No... the TSX is closed for Boxing Day.
    such sucks imho pertaining to this and more re after hours trading, cme open when other markets in usa and canada closed, etc. .... sure would be nice to see all markets in north america open for all with the same trading hours.

chasing BB in the usa when canada is closed is not worth it as one would need to make at least 3% profit just to break even due to x-rates when buying and selling.

regardless, low volume on bbry today at 5 million shares on no news to lend itself to the share price to rally.

imho this does not help either re http://www.valuewalk.com/2014/12/bla...-passport-z30/

all the best for a great day, looking forward to monday.
    ZayDub likes this.
    12-26-14 01:38 PM
    So having a Boxing Day sale is a bad thing? Such an unusual thing to do.
    12-26-14 02:00 PM
    I don't have an issue with it...in fact, going to go grab some deals on a few kitchen toys... gotta get prepped for some cooking books Santa brought

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-26-14 02:04 PM
    So having a Boxing Day sale is a bad thing? Such an unusual thing to do.
    too soon for BB to do this imho, wow, z30 at 55% off, that is huge. i suspect the "deadline" will be extended to regular price or lower ... the cat has been let out of the bag. bb is trying to buy business by the looks of it.

boxing day sales are great ... picked up a magellan roadmate today for a hell of a price, no doubt a clearance to upgrade to others, was not a planned purchase, albeit i picked up on the hint that one was wanted and when i saw the price in the flyer i grabbed it ... less expensive and more features than the two year old one i use with no concerns.

btw, listening to cbc's CBC Music ... good one!

nice to see bbry holding up to the close +2.48%, well done! $10.94 @ 3:40 PM ET https://www.google.ca/finance/histor...mQF8L7rAGT4IAw
    12-26-14 02:37 PM
    It's the same price as they had for black Friday. Dont be too surprised.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Highlander01, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-26-14 02:40 PM
    Even when it's good news the Glob & Fail can't say much positive about BlackBerry without the added cheap shots.

The Globe’s stars and dogs of 2014

The Globe?s stars and dogs of 2014 - The Globe and Mail

"BlackBerry

BB-TSX

Like the BlackBerry faithful still pounding out e-mails on battered Bold handsets, the company’s stock has a contingent of devoted investors convinced of a return to glory. They’ve endured years of slights from the likes of Apple investors for clinging to an outdated tech stock while Apple shares gleam with modernity and teem with value. BlackBerry CEO John Chen rewarded both users and investors for their loyalty this year, the former with the launch of the Classic smartphone – a throwback to the CrackBerry era, and the latter with the relatively successful completion of the turnaround’s first phase. While revenues continue to decline, producing much volatility in share price, the company ended the year on a relatively high note, with the goal of positive cash flow reached a quarter earlier than promised, and the stock marking a 60-per-cent gain, placing it among the top 10 on the S&P/TSX composite index."
    morganplus8, rarsen, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    12-26-14 02:51 PM
    Even when it's good news the Glob & Fail can't say much positive about BlackBerry without the added cheap shots.

The Globe’s stars and dogs of 2014

The Globe?s stars and dogs of 2014 - The Globe and Mail
    truth hurts? no need to be so harsh on the g&m imho.

3:56 pm et bbry selling off ... low vol of 7mm at 10.89 usa at +2.13%, good one, look forward to rally on monday.

this time last year i was shorting sub 8's and making money ... what a stock ... a traders' stock ... long and short. everyone must do their own due diligence regardless if bull or bear. i wear both suits.
    12-26-14 02:53 PM
    OT:

cjcampbell, ibpluto, lcjr and 3 others like this.
    12-26-14 03:26 PM
    Welcome back Shadowy. I was wondering when you were going to reveal yourself.
    lcjr, ibpluto, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    12-26-14 03:36 PM
    BlackBerry Year in Review: Taking Back Its Market

As BlackBerry brings to market its new Classic, I think it is interesting to look back and review what the firm has accomplished. BlackBerry represents one of the most interesting turnarounds because, like Apple in the late 1990s, the firm had been almost given up for dead. It took someone with a passion for the products and who knew where the firm needed to go. It isn�t an easy path and it is far from done, but I think the progress is impressive.

Focus Back on the Enterprise

Ironically, this doesn�t always work. I think focus on the enterprise is what killed Netscape and badly damaged Microsoft, but this is because they started out more focused on consumers and the pivot then took them too far away from the user, who was the basis for their success. But with BlackBerry, its initial success was a business focus, and on a back-end system that would meet the needs of an IT manager. Its problems resulted from losing track of the user and then chasing Apple to get them back; that clearly didn�t end well.

BlackBerry ClassicCEO John Chen came on board and forced the company to listen to its corporate customers and users again. The company brought to market the EZ Pass migration program that allowed existing accounts to more easily upgrade to BES12 from BES10, where they had become stuck (an inability to migrate had historically been a company killer). It then embraced Samsung Knox, providing an unusual win for both companies, which have historically been competitors. This last reminds me a bit of when Steve Jobs got Bill Gates to support his Apple turnaround. I don�t expect either path was particularly easy.

BlackBerry moved its market-leading mobile management program, BlackBerry 10, to multi-platform so it could compete more successfully. Other offerings that were released include BBM Meetings, a conferencing product, VPN Authentication by BlackBerry, which allows you to use your phone like a token, WorkLife, which separates personal activity from work on the phone, and perhaps the most powerful, BlackBerry Blend, which allows you to move your communications and content intact from your BlackBerry to your PC or tablet, seamlessly.

Took Ford from Microsoft

SYNC is one of Ford�s leading differentiators. St CES, it indicated that SYNC alone is responsible for between 10 percent and 20 percent of new car sales. SYNC was initially a partnership with Microsoft, negotiated by Bill Gates personally, but just this last month, Ford announced that it was switching to BlackBerry. QNX is the dominant platform on the operating side of cars, the part that actually gets the car to go and stop, but QNX wasn�t that well known as an infotainment offering. Replacing Microsoft at Ford wasn�t trivial, given how much Ford relies on its Ford SYCN offering, and since car companies typically think in terms of decades, Ford wouldn�t have made this switch if it had any doubts about BlackBerry. I think this win alone says a lot about how far the firm has come this year.

I doubt Microsoft let this go easily, given the personal involvement of Gates, who remains the firm�s chairman.

Brought on Board Leading Talent

Part of the success for any turnaround is access to talent. BlackBerry has been successful in getting a number of top players. These include John Sims, who was president of SAP�s Mobile services and came to SAP by way of 724 Solutions, TANTAU Software, Intrado and Tandem Computers, and now leads BlackBerry�s Global Enterprise Services, Dr. Chennakeshu, who had been president of Ericsson�s mobile platforms and CTO at Sony-Ericsson, a fellow of IEEE and inventor of 73 patents, and Mike Daniels, who joined the BlackBerry board after being the CEO of Mobile 365 and has an equally powerful history.

If you can�t attract and retain good people, you can�t do a turnaround. Chen has been doing reasonably well getting the right folks on his team.

Wrapping Up: Recreating BlackBerry

I think that 2014 has largely been about stabilizing the firm and assuring its future. Given that, some impressive offerings have been released this year. As the pressure drops off the company�s need to survive, it will be able to think more about where the market can go, step back into a leadership role, and feel more free to make even more interesting bets. Much like we never could have anticipated Apple transitioning from a PC company to a consumer electronics company, I don�t think we can yet see where BlackBerry will end up. I expect, as it was with Apple, in five years it will be very different, but the fact that it will still be around at that time is likely the biggest accomplishment this year. Last year, that outcome wasn�t so sure.

John Chen and BlackBerry kicked a little **** this year. Next year, I�m expecting them to do even more interesting things.
    cjcampbell, lcjr, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    12-26-14 03:40 PM

The 80's

12-26-14 03:48 PM
    Oh why did I open that vid?!? I can't stand that group!! LMAO!!

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 03:49 PM
113,256 ... 30793080308130823083 ...