Just in case CJ

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    134 of 203.....
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    12-21-14 03:58 PM
    You finally got your 1000th voter, SF!

Well done!

12-21-14 04:34 PM
    I thought the ER was not bad. But overall, public perception remains doom and gloom. Garbage and Mail (Globe and Mail), CBC continue to push imminent death narrative.

1.) Revenue miss by some $150M is seen as huge negative. Sure there was 1 cent profit /per share but the narrative is that making profit by continuing to cut cost is not a viable long term strategy. At some point, you'll run out of cost cutting measures.

2.) Service Access Fee decline without replacement revenue (from BES12 or other places) is seen as huge negative.

3.) 6.8million BES12 trial/ez-pass license that John Chen alluded to is seen as fluff. Because:::

=> 3a.) To get ez-pass license, all you've to do is send screenshot of any license and you get ez-pass for free. So, it is believed significant percentage of this 6.8million is just fluff and won't convert to paying customers. - it is not a bad point, but just premature to make, I thin

=> 3b.) BES10 had some 12M+ licenses. So, why didn't all BES10 trade for a BES12 license? It is believed this is because almost half of existing BES10 customers have decided to move to a competitor platform - mobileiron, good etc and that's why they are not even interested in getting FREE ez-pass license that they could have gotten for BES12!!!!

You know, I think, some of these points (above) are sensible. I don't think shorts are devoid of logic and are 100% reliant on pushing constant stream of rehashed negative narrative to push this stock down. I think the fact that - BlackBerry is in middle of turnaround - provides them time to put whatever (negative) spin they want to as the outcome of turnaround strategy is not going to be clear for another few quarters.

It'd take few more quarters to determine whether turnaround succeeds or fails. No point calling it now. At this point, looking at ER, one can only say BlackBerry continues to execute it's turnaround strategy.

Whether or not this strategy worked will become clear only after a couple more quarters. But bears won't wait for that - will continue to push doom and gloom narrative to every outlet possible.
    CBC and Garbage(Globe) and Mail. Canadian companies in need NOT indeed!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 04:37 PM
    CBC and Garbage(Globe) and Mail. Canadian companies in need NOT indeed!Posted via CB10
    I for one enjoy the CBC and Globe and Mail ... the readers' comments on the articles are wonderful as well.

FTR, I was not impressed with the Q report and the CC.

Looking forward to better times!
    12-21-14 04:52 PM
    12-21-14 04:53 PM
    12-21-14 05:01 PM
    OT. What a night

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141220_205538.jpg

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    12-21-14 05:05 PM
    Crinkle lover...like me :-P

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    12-21-14 05:05 PM
    12-21-14 05:06 PM
    Looking good, futures markets are up! World Markets For Mobile | Financial Quotes
    12-21-14 05:12 PM
    still updating Ken...89% complete..... 161 of 203 done. haha. I can read the convo behind the "update in progress" banner.
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    12-21-14 05:26 PM
    Would love to see the full video.
    Is that the Q&A from the Classic launch?
    12-21-14 05:28 PM
    As someone posted earlier from the UK ... BB blunder was not having stock for Christmas ... what the hell was that all about?
    Christmas is when retailers make the 80% of their annual profits!
    No BB's in stockings this year ... maybe next year? ... Lets hope so, more so before then!!!
    Someone screwed up on BB's marketing team by not having stock, so sick and tired of this nonsense.
    What is with BB supplying to order, this is so lame.
    Build it, inventory it and they shall come!!!
    Bring on Monday, up, up and away!
    Enterprises don't buy at the end of the year (or marginally). I'd tend to believe it'll be more likely at the beginning. Don't forget many countries don't have the FY and start 1st of January.
    Also don't forget nor Passport and Classic are meant for individuals at a large scale. They are not marketed as such, no error here; prudence is a key and enterprises orders (and setup - BES) takes months, not to say quarters.
    Finally, Classic unlike Passport is built by Foxconn with a way bigger response capacity.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 06:44 PM

Well done!

*We* finally got our 100th...

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, Shanerredflag, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    12-21-14 06:48 PM
    Michael Wekerle first take on the Classic. Rock and Roll!

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, alludba, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    12-21-14 07:21 PM
    I for one enjoy the CBC and Globe and Mail ... the readers' comments on the articles are wonderful as well.

FTR, I was not impressed with the Q report and the CC.

Looking forward to better times!
    Did you know that BlackBerry reported profit. I am sure we know what profit means? From a company which suppose to be out of business. Did you read the financial report? Yes revenues are down and no one likes that including the CEO. Did you find any positive in those revenues? Did CBC read the financial reports? Blackberry pays taxes in canada. The entire city of watrloo benefited from this company. BlackBerry is still the largest tech company in canada. What benefit CBC gets by reporting just one side of the story?
    What benefit do you get from just reporting one side of the earnings?
    Readers comments are wonderful like devvvvy and crew who has to bad mouth every blackberry user?
    So what part of revenue you were not impressed? Revenue yes we know that.
    Were you impressed by anything on the earnings? Or even neutral?
    Here. This might help you
    http://utbblogs.com/media/the-true-p...rnings-report/

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 12-21-14 at 07:59 PM.
    12-21-14 07:49 PM
    ZZ TOP10 Catch and release !!
    12-21-14 08:09 PM
    Want to ask the forum and hope to get feedback:

What is the best Stock App for BB10, specifically Passport?

- currently using Stocks for BB10

- I have tried StockDaddy, but didn't like the way it was optimized for the PP

Any suggestions?
    If you are from the US and you don't mind the 15 minute delay, try Thinkorswim from Amazon app store. Try the dummy account (need to create the account) and see how it works (that's if you don't mind Android app). Canadian version on BB7 OS was good, but now they don't have for BB10.

Here is the link:
    Amazon.com: thinkorswim: Apps & Games
    Last edited by bbjdog; 12-21-14 at 08:52 PM.
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    12-21-14 08:14 PM
    Maybe the CBC just wanted to get back at Kevin O Leary for anticipating the launch of the Classic.... we all know where the CBC stands in the spectrum of left and right !!

CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    12-21-14 08:22 PM
    Bronze Classic render:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c0001db0d_9ff20610-8938-11e4-a7c4-0200ac11f431.png
    12-21-14 08:34 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Maybe the CBC just wanted to get back at Kevin O Leary for anticipating the launch of the Classic.... we all know where the CBC stands in the spectrum of left and right !!

CBC is trash and the single biggest waste of canadian tax dollars.. "those who can.. do... those who Can't... work for CBC"

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt, CDM76, neteng1000 and 1 others like this.
    12-21-14 09:16 PM
    CBC is trash and the single biggest waste of canadian tax dollars.. "those who can.. do... those who Can't... work for CBC"
    I don't want to keep us off topic too long but I'll just say that CBC has been neutered by lack of funding to the point that it's becoming ineffective and unable to fulfill its mandate.

There is something to be said for having a public broadcaster that should be immune from commercial and political influence. Unfortunately, there is too much political influence and the lack of funding is steering it more and more to commercial dependence.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1154 | Bell | via CB10
    marlowe9810 likes this.
    12-21-14 09:29 PM

Yep!!! And we all know that the CBC absolutely HATES anything Canadian.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 10:00 PM

Well done!

I was the 1000th voter lol. I did it from my playbook browser the other night. I took a screenshot at the time, and I'll post it later *cheers*

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    12-22-14 02:16 AM
    Hi gang, I know it's monday but please allow me a wonderful OT to start the day and let mother nature fill your souls with as much love and energy than I just received. It's officially Christmas week and I hope you all have some love to spread around.
    So, forget about here and convert some of your forum time for that. At least don't burn it for negativity, in any direction.

Peace, merry Christmas to all!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141222_091430.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141222_090853_hdr.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141222_090834_hdr.jpg

And while at it... not gold, bronze

Attachment 322360

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-22-14 at 02:56 AM.
    12-22-14 02:22 AM
113,256 ... 30663067306830693070 ...