View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Just a quick note to wish everyone a happy holiday season, and long live BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, Corbu, La Emperor and 8 others like this.
    12-21-14 12:10 PM
    I apologize for posting a Benzinga story, but this one isn't too bad...
    BlackBerry's Revenue Decline: Here's Why Investors Shouldn't Worry - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Benzinga

BlackBerry Ltd's revenue fell 34 percent during the fiscal third quarter, suggesting that it could be a while before the company's turnaround provides meaningful results.

This news scared off some investors initially. The stock fell more than 6 percent Friday morning before rebounding. Shares of BlackBerry were recently down less than 1 percent.

Patience May Be The Key

Analysts have a message for those who are eager to bail: be patient.

"Sybase was not turned around in a quarter or a year," Global Equities Research analyst Trip Chowdhry told Benzinga. "There are only two companies that have successfully turned around. One is Apple and the other is Sybase. Remember: it took almost seven years for Apple to turn around and turn skeptics into believers."

Sybase was struggling until BlackBerry CEO John Chen joined the company and turned things around. Chowdhry believes that he will do the same for BlackBerry, but warned that it is going to take time.

"If somebody has invested in BlackBerry, they should not be looking at the earnings statements or the revenues or the earnings calls for the next seven years," said Chowdhry. "It is not a quarterly story. It is a huge undertaking -- an undertaking that is far bigger in scope than, say, Apple was. At least with Apple they had multiple products. With BlackBerry, you don't have multiple products, you have multiple services."

Results Are Coming

Rob Enderle, principal analyst at Enderle Group, echoed Chowdhry's comments. He said that when a company is going through a turnaround, it is "transitioning revenue from the existing sources to new sources, and so there are going to be quarters that are down."

Regardless, Enderle believes that BlackBerry is already showing signs of a successful turnaround. He pointed to the newly confirmed deal with Ford Motor Company to assist in developing SYNC 3.

"We're seeing results, it's just that the new revenue sources will have to eclipse the old, and then you reach a steady state," Enderle told Benzinga. "The steady state may be lower than what you had expected for the company. But then the company is back in growth mode and will grow from there."

BlackBerry hasn't completed its transition yet, so Enderle doesn't expect revenue to stabilize for a while.

"They still have an awful lot of revenue coming from the old BlackBerry, and that's the stuff that's declining," he said.

If You're A Short-Term Investor, Get Out

Chowdhry does not recommend that short-term investors hold onto their shares of BlackBerry.

"If you are a short-term investor, you should be very worried," Chowdhry warned. "If you don't have the stamina or appetite, you should not be owning BlackBerry."
    12-21-14 12:38 PM
    I was reading a post by sidhuk and it disappeared, what happened ?

ZZ TOP10 Catch and release !!
    12-21-14 12:41 PM

...maybe a mod removed it and thought he was bucking the donkey too much?
    12-21-14 01:08 PM
    Perhaps he removed himself too...we are a friendly and respectful bunch.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    12-21-14 01:43 PM

DeModulated or he went to confession. LoL
    sidhuk likes this.
    12-21-14 02:08 PM
    Whating the Donkey?
    12-21-14 02:09 PM
    Perhaps he removed himself too...we are a friendly and respectful bunch.

That did cross my mind actually, but didn't think posters had the ability to remove their own posts? Never tried myself so I wouldn't know entirely.

I do have to say, you are right about the bunch being respectful. I noticed that, and have preferred to begin participating moreso in this thread.

A lot of insightful individuals and love the information provided in here.
    12-21-14 02:12 PM
    Want to ask the forum and hope to get feedback:

What is the best Stock App for BB10, specifically Passport?

- currently using Stocks for BB10

- I have tried StockDaddy, but didn't like the way it was optimized for the PP

Any suggestions?
    12-21-14 02:27 PM
    I use Stocks...also use Google Finance from the browser, not popular but I like it.

BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    12-21-14 02:31 PM
    Yes.... 34% complete. And yes... perfect time for more beer. lol. (this will not be understood by all but it will make perfect sense to a few)
    12-21-14 02:35 PM
    Yes.... 34% complete. And yes... perfect time for more beer. lol. (this will not be understood by all but it will make perfect sense to a few)
    Are you talking in circles?
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    12-21-14 02:43 PM
    Are you talking in circles?
    From orange to blue. Only 181 more circles to go lol
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-21-14 02:44 PM
    Perfect...here is some music for ya:

bungaboy, cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    12-21-14 02:45 PM
    Are you loading the game "Donkey Bonk" when you're done?
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    12-21-14 03:00 PM
    Right you are Austin re posting links. I Googled your suggestion, but his is all I came up with. There is zero reference to your comment on BlackBerry re "North Korea has threatened a cyber attack on BlackBerry's core customers "US citadels". This could be great or terrible depending on the outcome"

U.S. seeks China's help against cyberattacks - CNN.com

However, I am sure North Korea and many others have been trying to hack Obama's BlackBerry ... as far as I know no one has been successful
    Thanks for sharing! The key issues here is not help for security software or any advice in security, but to help prevent the attack from going through the system. Please read the quote below from the article .

"North Korea's Internet traffic goes through China. President Barack Obama said Friday, "We've got no indication that North Korea was acting in conjunction with another country."

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    12-21-14 03:00 PM
    That did cross my mind actually, but didn't think posters had the ability to remove their own posts? Never tried myself so I wouldn't know entirely.

I do have to say, you are right about the bunch being respectful. I noticed that, and have preferred to begin participating moreso in this thread.

A lot of insightful individuals and love the information provided in here.
    Hey Back 2 black, I don't believe you can delete from the app, but if you are using there website and you choose to edit post, there is an option to delete.

I also use stocks as my app. Would be nice if there was an excellent app for BlackBerry! Any programmer in this thread?

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and BACK-2-BLACK like this.
    12-21-14 03:15 PM
    Just noticed a keyboard short cut...long press 'P' and it pulls the page down so you can advance to next page...cool.

12-21-14 03:29 PM
    North Korea has threatened a cyber attack on BlackBerry's core customers "US citadels". This could be great or terrible depending on the outcome
    They have computers in North Korea?

Commodore 64's?
    12-21-14 03:32 PM
    It is interesting to see how much play the BlackBerry - IBM self destruct phone is getting.

Much more than Samsung deal.

Interesting.
    12-21-14 03:32 PM
    Just noticed a keyboard short cut...long press 'P' and it pulls the page down so you can advance to next page...cool.

Long P's huh?
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    12-21-14 03:33 PM
    the person i was replying to has been cleaned up. so i decided to delete my post. much cleaner this way.
    12-21-14 03:38 PM
    Just noticed a keyboard short cut...long press 'P' and it pulls the page down so you can advance to next page....

... and what's up with the 's'?

... and why does 'c' reply, like the 'r'?

... stuffs gettin' really weird around here....

Off to finally get a tree.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    12-21-14 03:39 PM
    They have computers in North Korea?
    Commodore 64's?
    Don't be silly.

They use Vic 20s
    12-21-14 03:39 PM
    Very timely. Newbie Experience/Advise using Blitz to update a Z-10-Stl-3
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...tl-3-a-984883/

Just in case CJ