View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Benjamin do you have a sales job.? When I read what you write that comes into my mind. You are always trying to convince people of something. Good morning gang, hope the heads are thinking straight and no spinning out of control. Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    BBJDOG, are you a BB employee? I sometimes wonder if many, at least some, of the posters in this forum are BB employees in light of their one-sided bullish posts of trying to convince people of something.

Great forum this is, but in the end, regardless of bullish / bearish posts, both of which many over valid points, best to invest long or short based upon your own due diligence, not need to be influenced one way or another by anyone else.

10 Timeless Rules For Investors

It's nice to be nice, all the best for a great day everyone on this shortest daylight day of the year in the northern hemisphere
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    12-21-14 09:29 AM
    North Korea has threatened a cyber attack on BlackBerry's core customers "US citadels". This could be great or terrible depending on the outcome
    3rd post Austin, welcome to the forum. In your 4th post please include the source of your 3rd post or better yet edit / delete your 3rd post. Thank you.
    sidhuk likes this.
    12-21-14 09:32 AM
    Oh, I forgot to mention that John Chen knows more about this Company than any of us here.

Why not let him do his thing? Sit back, relax, play the dips, learn from Morgan and other knowledgeable folks.

But, for heaven's sake . . . Armchair CEO thread is over there ---->
    Speaking of armchair CEO. I am sure chen is more worried about sales channels than any of us combined. He has said this over and over.
    Reading some of the comments here reminds me of this.
    "A helicopter was flying around above Seattle when an electrical malfunction disabled all of the aircraft's electronic navigation and communications equipments. Due to the clouds and haze, the pilot could not determine the helicopter's position and course to fly to the airport. The pilot saw a tall building, flew toward it, circled, drew a handwritten sign, and held it in the helicopter's window. The pilot's sign said "WHERE AM I?" in large letters. People in the tall building quickly responded to the aircraft, drew a large sign and held it in a building window. Their sign read: "YOU ARE IN A HELICOPTER." The pilot smiled, waved, looked at her map, determined the course to steer to SEATAC airport, and landed safely. After they were on the ground, the co-pilot asked the pilot how the "YOU ARE IN A HELICOPTER" sign helped determine their position. The pilot responded "I knew that had to be the Microsoft building because, like their technical support, online help and product documentation, the response they gave me was technically correct, but completely useless"
    Have a great day folks.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-21-14 09:33 AM
    3rd post Austin, welcome to the forum. In your 4th post please include the source of your 3rd post or better yet edit / delete your 3rd post. Thank you.
    Congrats on your 20th post on CB.
    ibpluto, Corbu, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    12-21-14 09:37 AM
    As per crackberry rules I am unable to post a link until I have 10 posts. I suggest you use Google. CNN: "north Korea warns US worse is yet to come"
    12-21-14 09:38 AM
    BBJDOG, are you a BB employee? I sometimes wonder if many, at least some, of the posters in this forum are BB employees in light of their one-sided bullish posts of trying to convince people of something.

Great forum this is, but in the end, regardless of bullish / bearish posts, both of which many over valid points, best to invest long or short based upon your own due diligence, not need to be influenced one way or another by anyone else.

10 Timeless Rules For Investors

It's nice to be nice, all the best for a great day everyone on this shortest daylight day of the year in the northern hemisphere
    I'm a shareholder of BlackBerry, does that answer your question. If I was an employee, I would not be voicing on this thread.

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    12-21-14 09:40 AM
    Interesting read, obviously a growing trend. Apple and Samsung are mentioned ... BlackBerry is not, yet, hopefully soon.

To stay relevant, Canada’s banks are investing big bucks in products that rival those being dreamed up by Silicon Valley’s stars. They are also working overtime to look cutting-edge – developing such features as biometric identification – because market perception matters. Apple and Samsung don’t spend hundreds of millions on advertising annually just for fun: In a world of hyperinnovation, appearing to be ahead of the pack is almost as important as being there.

Too Big to Disrupt? Canada?s banks fight back against the likes of Apple, Facebook - The Globe and Mail
    sidhuk likes this.
    12-21-14 09:41 AM
    Hahaha. I rather read his post. He or she does have sense of humor and. It is sunday.

And no. Majority that I know here are not BlackBerry employees. But when people have their hard cash invested in something like I do, would like to be aware of every news, truth or Fud. This thread has more info on BlackBerry than anything out there. Right or wrong is up to individual to decide.

12-21-14 09:41 AM
    I'm a shareholder of BlackBerry, does that answer your question. If I was an employee, I would not be voicing on this thread. Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    Why not? Anyone can post in this forum regardless if a BB employee or not. I suspect some BB employees do post in this wonderful forum.

FTR, I am not a BB employee, but do trade BB shares, based upon my due diligence.
    12-21-14 09:44 AM
    Hahaha. I rather read his post. He or she does have sense of humor and. It is sunday.

And no. Majority that I know here are not BlackBerry employees. But when people have their hard cash invested in something like I do, would like to be aware of every news, truth or Fud. This thread has more info on BlackBerry than anything out there. Right or wrong is up to individual to decide.

LoL. Like some of us are into this for thousands, or hundreds of thousands, some even millions of dollars. And we are getting lessons on Fashion Sense and the like.

Thinking makes my head hurt.
    12-21-14 09:48 AM
    Why not? Anyone can post in this forum regardless if a BB employee or not. I suspect some BB employees do post in this wonderful forum.

FTR, I am not a BB employee, but do trade BB shares, based upon my due diligence.
    If a BlackBerry employees wishes to post on this thread, they better tread lightly.

12-21-14 09:49 AM

So who do you suspect is BlackBerry employee? In which post you see any one pumping falsely this stock. I would like to know the secrete pumper too so that I don't get caught in the hype.
    Please. Thanks in advance.

Last known BlackBerry pumper was BBUK. But I suppose CB and BlackBerry let him go so he left. LoL

bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    12-21-14 09:50 AM
    Silk Tassel?

Attachment 322207
    Haha, no that was last summer. I've moved up to Crown Royal for the time being.

...unless someone has a bottle that they don't need haha

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    12-21-14 09:51 AM
    As per crackberry rules I am unable to post a link until I have 10 posts. I suggest you use Google. CNN: "north Korea warns US worse is yet to come"
    Right you are Austin re posting links. I Googled your suggestion, but his is all I came up with. There is zero reference to your comment on BlackBerry re "North Korea has threatened a cyber attack on BlackBerry's core customers "US citadels". This could be great or terrible depending on the outcome"

U.S. seeks China's help against cyberattacks - CNN.com

However, I am sure North Korea and many others have been trying to hack Obama's BlackBerry ... as far as I know no one has been successful
    12-21-14 09:52 AM
    10 Timeless Rules For Investors[/url]
    Thanks for posting this. Good read, and some valid points!
    12-21-14 09:57 AM
    Silk Tassel?
    That stuff is good for making my sauce recipe for my baby back ribs !! Lol

ZZ TOP10 Catch and release !!
    Last edited by Elite1; 12-21-14 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Repaired [QUOTE] tags
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-21-14 09:58 AM
    Benjamin do you have a sales job.? When I read what you write that comes into my mind. You are always trying to convince people of something.

Anyway I would like to welcome the new member who took the leap of faith and crossed over the electronic line. hope you enjoy the thread as much as I do.

Good morning gang, hope the heads are thinking straight and no spinning out of control.

The Donkey/BBUK14 is a marketing guru. His underground marketing BBM campaign was stroke of genius (in his own mind). Donkey please bring back the BBM batman/robin avatar to your postings.
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    12-21-14 10:02 AM
    Any BlackBerry employee would be an ***** to post in this thread. To my understanding it is frowned upon for BlackBerry employees to participate in ANY CB discussion.

Most "employees" that post in any of these threads typically have "ex" in front of "employee"..... and those have had a healthy snack of sour grapes.

Also of note, the Bulls in this thread work hard to find "new" info to post and inform with. I find the Bears like to rehash and repost old news. So this whole discussion of let's keep it "balanced" is sad. It's only balanced if it's fresh, new and most importantly relevant.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-21-14 10:04 AM
    Haha, no that was last summer. I've moved up to Crown Royal for the time being.

...unless someone has a bottle that they don't need haha

Posted via CB10
    Nothing is wrong with that whiskey.
    LoL. As my tough friend usually convince him self with this quote.
    "Any port, any port will do the trick in a storm".
    Of course he means breathing mammals but it fits here IMO.

cjcampbell, rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    12-21-14 10:08 AM
    The Donkey/BBUK14 is a marketing guru. His underground marketing BBM campaign was stroke of genius (in his own mind). Donkey please bring back the BBM batman/robin avatar to your postings.
    No you didn't? You silver tongue devil. You didn't actually said that. LMAO.

12-21-14 10:10 AM
    So what does the SP floor look like with profit achieved and classic launch. Will the shorts slowly start exiting or will they take a chance for another ER? It doesn't seem like the next ER will be worse than this one, Chen is suggesting maintaining profit for the new few quarters (but said he couldn't guarantee it).

If hardware plummets then EPS could suffer...but classic launch for enterprise and bold lovers should provide good numbers and Foxconn producing should allow much better JIT builds for orders. Add it continued passport sales. Even with 1M (500K classic, 250K passports, 250K Z3 + older) units sold they should hit 400M rev and much higher ASP and margins. BES12 rev should offset SAF decline?

Next ER could show BES12 licenses up another 50% to 10M now that blackberry is showing profit and not going bankrupt those on the fence to uptake BES12 should come onboard. So it looks like the upside risk is a lot higher than downside risk from $10.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 10:14 AM
    Right you are Austin re posting links. I Googled your suggestion, but his is all I came up with. There is zero reference to your comment on BlackBerry re "North Korea has threatened a cyber attack on BlackBerry's core customers "US citadels". This could be great or terrible depending on the outcome"

U.S. seeks China's help against cyberattacks - CNN.com

However, I am sure North Korea and many others have been trying to hack Obama's BlackBerry ... as far as I know no one has been successful
    If you go to CNN website (www.cnn.com), you will find it in the News column on the left. It is the first item in the column right now. And no, employees are generally prohibited from posting online about their employer. Executives are discouraged from posting even their personal views on unrelated issues. I am speaking from personal experience, but there exceptions of course, or perhaps you know better than I do.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    12-21-14 10:22 AM
    Attention! BlackBerry hits the news in Stars and Stripes:
    http://jdem.cz/brcbm6

Passport'n stuff all day long.

It would be nice to see the new Blackberry products in that paper. That's a pretty good size market over there.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    12-21-14 11:00 AM
    Article from Canadian Press on this fine Sunday :

"BlackBerry looks to autos, connected homes as avenues for growth in its recovery"

WATERLOO, Ont. - BlackBerry is hoping not only to return to the hearts and minds of smartphone users but, starting next year, the company wants to get into their cars and homes too.

With its finances slowly improving, plans are being made for the Waterloo, Ont.-based company to become a bigger player in the Internet of Things movement, which links your phone with various other technology, from your fridge to your television.

The project has been in development for several years at BlackBerry, and chief executive John Chen said Friday that a "roadmap" for his plans will be laid out in early January at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

"Our focus right now is on connected cars, and it will get into connected homes � these things are inseparable," Chen said during a recent meeting with reporters at the company's headquarters.

"Everything we do fits together."

Still in its infancy, the connected home is the next evolution in technology as more people link their smartwatches with their laptops, and their phones to their bluetooth speakers.

BlackBerry (TSX:BB) is trying to get ahead of the curve by developing security software that can be licensed to companies who want their products ready for the growing popularity of machine-to-machine communication.

Coming up with innovative ideas would've been almost unheard of a year ago when the future of BlackBerry was tenuous, at best. The company was drowning in problems and its finances were declining at an alarming speed, with quarterly losses that soared into the billions.

When Chen swooped into the leadership role in late 2013 he immediately launched a rescue effort, a strategy that has partly relied on thinking of new ways to sell the company's older technology, while it worked behind the scenes on fresh ideas.

The approach baffled some analysts but, during the past months, sentiment has shifted towards a likelihood that BlackBerry will survive, albeit as a smaller version of its former self.

Shares of the company have climbed more than 45 per cent in 2014, closing at $11.55 on the Toronto Stock Exchange in late December, after starting the year at $7.90.

"The question is, where are we going to find growth?" said Desmond Lau, a technology analyst at Veritas Investment Research Corp.

"That's still an important question, but it's not a life or death question."

A year ago BlackBerry needed rapid changes and Chen made several key decisions in 2014 that would ensure its survival, such as reeling in expenses, cutting staff and shifting the marketing priorities back to the business community that first fell in love with the smartphone.

Chen said he still needs "a couple of quarters" before the top-line results meet his expectations. He's also stuck to a goal of making the company profitable by the middle of next year.

"I'm going to start making money (for BlackBerry) ... and once we make money we're going to sustain it," Chen said.

"Sustained profit needs to come from growth, it's not coming from cost-cutting."

Envisioning how a reimagined BlackBerry company looks can be difficult for outsiders, especially since most people still consider the company a smartphone maker first.

More than half of BlackBerry's revenue now comes from software and services and there's a clear shift of its business strategy into new markets that could help rebuild its reputation.

In automotive, BlackBerry is partnering with some of North America's largest car manufacturers. It recently secured a deal with Ford Motor Co. to develop their "infortainment" systems that link vehicles with the driver's smartphone, streaming music and maps.

Versions of the technology, developed by BlackBerry subsidiary QNX Software Systems, are already installed in cars from General Motors, Hyundai and Volkswagen.

In high-level government security, BlackBerry is working with Boeing to develop software for the Boeing Black, a smartphone that self destructs if it's tampered with.

The technology will be marketed by Boeing's defence contractor division to security clients around the world, said Boeing spokesman Andrew Lee.

BlackBerry is also targeting the business community with software that provides an extra layer of encryption. For an additional cost, the slate of programs bulk up phone security, making sure that instant messaging service and a virtual conferences can't be hacked.

Yet the BlackBerry still wants to make handsets, much to the dismay of some analysts who think the company needs to surrender to the growing dominance of Apple's iPhone and Samsung's Galaxy models.

Two new keyboard smartphone models were recently introduced � the BlackBerry Classic, which harkens back to the design its top-selling older models favoured by business customers, and the Passport, a device with a larger screen made for people who read a lot of documents on their phones.

"The company seems hellbent on believing in fairly robust order numbers around the handset business," said Max Wolff, chief economist at Manhattan Venture Partners.

"They still think that devices sell because of the actual device."

Wolff argues that BlackBerry needs to scale back on designing handsets because the phones aren't selling in big numbers. In the third-quarter, which ended in November, BlackBerry's revenues declined mainly on weakness in sales of smartphones.

Wolff said he's concerned that technology leaders like Apple and Google have built user-friendly operating systems that became one of the biggest selling features of their smartphones.

BlackBerry doesn't have a "compelling operating system" that would attract most smartphone users, he said.

"Somehow BlackBerry missed the operating system movement, which is just plain scary," he added.

Despite the criticism, Chen wants to stick with making phones, which means that BlackBerrys will continue to be on the shelves at retailers for the foreseeable future, whether they're selling or not.

Updated sales figures for the Passport weren't provided by BlackBerry in the latest quarter, and it also chose not to announce how many Classics were pre-ordered, other than to say it was somewhere north of 200,000 units.

Even if consumers don't warm to the latest BlackBerry phones, there's still plenty of opportunities for the Canadian company, said Carmi Levy, analyst and writer at Voices.com, a London, Ont.-based web technology company.

"It's fair to say you can be hugely successful and absolutely unsexy," he said.

"Investors don't really care how much coolness BlackBerry has attached to it, as long as the company is making them money."
    morganplus8, sidhuk, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    12-21-14 11:48 AM
    I thought the ER was not bad. But overall, public perception remains doom and gloom. Garbage and Mail (Globe and Mail), CBC continue to push imminent death narrative.

1.) Revenue miss by some $150M is seen as huge negative. Sure there was 1 cent profit /per share but the narrative is that making profit by continuing to cut cost is not a viable long term strategy. At some point, you'll run out of cost cutting measures.

2.) Service Access Fee decline without replacement revenue (from BES12 or other places) is seen as huge negative.

3.) 6.8million BES12 trial/ez-pass license that John Chen alluded to is seen as fluff. Because:::

=> 3a.) To get ez-pass license, all you've to do is send screenshot of any license and you get ez-pass for free. So, it is believed significant percentage of this 6.8million is just fluff and won't convert to paying customers. - it is not a bad point, but just premature to make, I thin

=> 3b.) BES10 had some 12M+ licenses. So, why didn't all BES10 trade for a BES12 license? It is believed this is because almost half of existing BES10 customers have decided to move to a competitor platform - mobileiron, good etc and that's why they are not even interested in getting FREE ez-pass license that they could have gotten for BES12!!!!

You know, I think, some of these points (above) are sensible. I don't think shorts are devoid of logic and are 100% reliant on pushing constant stream of rehashed negative narrative to push this stock down. I think the fact that - BlackBerry is in middle of turnaround - provides them time to put whatever (negative) spin they want to as the outcome of turnaround strategy is not going to be clear for another few quarters.

It'd take few more quarters to determine whether turnaround succeeds or fails. No point calling it now. At this point, looking at ER, one can only say BlackBerry continues to execute it's turnaround strategy.

Whether or not this strategy worked will become clear only after a couple more quarters. But bears won't wait for that - will continue to push doom and gloom narrative to every outlet possible.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    12-21-14 12:00 PM
113,256 ... 30643065306630673068 ...