1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Lol..come on Highlander01!!

Push vs Pull
    (part of lean manufacturing)

In this day and age, you can't operate in a Push system with that type of business. Way too much financial exposure.

Case and point, look at what happened to the Z10....and that huge write down they had to swallow....

Back in the day (after WWII), the PUSH system was the way to go in mass manufacturing as supply of most goods could not keep up with demand.

I'm thirsty, going to the bar.
    Hey wait for us, we're coming too.

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    Corbu, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    12-20-14 09:14 PM
    Lol
    You guys or gals are the best!

Who's buying???

I'm wearing the brown loafers with the skinnies!
    ( I will understand if you don't want to be seen with me)
    12-20-14 09:19 PM
    enjoy your time at the bar boys.

scotch straight up here, single malt!

push pull blathering.... hahaha, yep, that is a BB concern that must be addressed .... you don't hear their friendly competitors nattering such.
    12-20-14 09:26 PM
    I am sure you may know, this was a company which according to America went out of business long long time ago and still is? It takes time. Most people on this thread have some sort of stock interest in BlackBerry. Atleast that what I assume. Then listen to chen carefully. He said that once he is at breakeven point, then he will work on growth. That's next work order. And again. He is plan is nor one dimensional. Blackberry will have other income streams than just the hardware. Not sure what part of chen's english people don't wanna understand?

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    Thanks for the clarification and yes I'm long BB-CA

ZZ TOP10 Catch and release !!
    12-20-14 09:29 PM

push pull blathering.... hahaha, yep, that is a BB concern that must be addressed .... you don't hear their friendly competitors nattering such.
    GLENLEVET aged18 years

ZZ TOP10 Catch and release !!
    12-20-14 09:34 PM

Just started the laphroig on the rocks. Cheers.

Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    12-20-14 09:35 PM
    Haha, having a couple here on Clifton Hill. I'll need a few more good ERs from BlackBerry before I start indulging in the expensive stuff.

Great week guys. Looking forward to the next few months. Exciting time to be a BlackBerry fan and investor.

*raises a cheap whiskey*. Cheers all!

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 09:42 PM
    Anybody watch those last few trades? From 10.04 to 9.98 to 10.04 to 10.02 to 9.96 in about 15 seconds? WTF?
    Options friday!

So baffled as to why the SEC can't take data and determine it's pseidorandomness.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    12-20-14 09:57 PM
    Lol
    You guys or gals are the best!

Who's buying???

I'm wearing the brown loafers with the skinnies!
    ( I will understand if you don't want to be seen with me)
    I'm not feeling too well, sorry! But you will have to go by yourself.

12-20-14 10:07 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141220_230621.jpg
    Taken with my Passport from the ferris wheel with my ladies

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 10:29 PM
    Attention! BlackBerry hits the news in Stars and Stripes:
    http://jdem.cz/brcbm6

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    rarsen, bungaboy, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    12-20-14 10:35 PM
    Lmao.
    http://utbblogs.com/entertainment/bl...berry-is-dead/

ibpluto, dusdal, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    12-20-14 11:27 PM
    Edit: Q3 was not bad with a profit on that revenue. Will see what happens this week with the SP to see if anyone is starting to see the turnaround or if they will dwell on lower revenue!
    Last edited by RLTurn77; 12-21-14 at 11:43 AM.
    12-20-14 11:32 PM
    Lmao.
    http://utbblogs.com/entertainment/bl...berry-is-dead/

Nice job Blackjack! Now that's what you call an article. Blackjack actually did some work and investigated the individual. Maybe Blackjack can teach CBC, G&M, and Bloomberg how things are done. Thank you Blackjack.

12-21-14 12:03 AM
    Wow...you all are quoting expensive whiskey....

Anyway, here's too all....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141221_005958.jpg

Live at The Gem on Davenport....
    12-21-14 12:18 AM
    Always in the negative vein?

How much do you know about the Irving business and how they operate? Please tell us.

I happen to live where they like to play and know how they operate.

You think Corporate users are going to walk into a quaint little shop in Soho and buy their corporate supply of phones?

Are you familiar with a former bloke here called BBUK14?
    I'm not sure I was being all that negative to be honest. I just think there is a tendency towards confirmation bias in our relatively small Crackberry community. I said that the news was good. It's just not actually much more than a bucket of water in a swimming pool. It's better than nothing, but in order to break the endless three month cycle of euphoria and disillusionment regarding sales, I think people should try to be more realistic.

At the moment, there is excitement because of sellouts online - sellouts at online shops where we have little knowledge if numbers. I have spoken to a BlackBerry employee who confirmed what I and others has suspected - that the Passport sellouts in the UK were due to the fact that shops bought extremely low quantities - something like one or two or none in many cases.

2015 could very well be much better. The Vodafone deal will hopefully lead to BlackBerry phones entering their shops again soon. As of yesterday, one the busiest shopping Street in Europe, Vodafone quickly informed me that BlackBerry were finished and that the phones were being discontinued. That's the real world. It doesn't matter than across the road at Selfridges there is a BlackBerry section with reps pitching the Passport - in comparison to the thousands and thousands of shops elsewhere, it isn't much. This isn't being negative. It's trying to accept the situation as it is instead of raging daily about conspiracy theories. We've all taken on the narrative that BlackBerry aren't a device company anymore and that software is what matters, but Chen knows that isn't true and we shouldn't drink down too much of that chaff (I know, one can't drink chaff) meant to the media.

BlackBerry are a handful of apps (apps that actually work) and a good supply and marketing campaign away from a huge breakout in consumer sales. BlackBerry have done their best to address this issue, and it will help. The 'pillars' of the company set out by Chen et al cannot really be seen separately, as the pillar analogy should suggest. QNX is the exception perhaps. Consumer device sales will influence the brand as well as the balance sheet, and the interest shown by enterprise.

Anyway, what to do I know...the truth is that I
    do now know this Irving family or how they operate....but I do know Vodafone, EE, and O2, and how they operate. Once again, I am NOT saying that it isn't good news, but you can let me know how influential the Irvings are by comparison.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    12-21-14 04:42 AM
    Nice job Blackjack! Now that's what you call an article. Blackjack actually did some work and investigated the individual. Maybe Blackjack can teach CBC, G&M, and Bloomberg how things are done. Thank you Blackjack.

Yes, this CEO is silly. Still, loads of people watched that and virtually none of them will have any interest is investigating any further.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 04:46 AM
    Some guy with a website commenting on a guy with a website, too many guys and too many websites.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 05:13 AM
    I bought in at mid 9s, a small amount after getting a little shafted two years ago.

This threads been helpful
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    12-21-14 05:14 AM
    Here's a Bloomberg article that seems fair and unbiased.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...-promised.html

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    12-21-14 05:43 AM
    Folks, do you honestly believe that Irving signed on with BB on their own accord without gov't and BB incentives to do so ... think about it, more so if you know Irving.

Regardless, good for BB, let's bring on the Canadian and world banks along with all the governments of the world ... then this will give us all a valid reason to proudly toot our BB horns.
    I have been proudly "tooting" my BB horn for quite a while. I know what I like and I like what I know. My experience is my "valid" reason.

The Irving's are ruthless business people. They drive a hard bargain. They demand excellence!
    12-21-14 07:29 AM
    Haha, having a couple here on Clifton Hill. I'll need a few more good ERs from BlackBerry before I start indulging in the expensive stuff.

Great week guys. Looking forward to the next few months. Exciting time to be a BlackBerry fan and investor.

*raises a cheap whiskey*. Cheers all!

Posted via CB10
    Silk Tassel?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg
    Tinomane likes this.
    12-21-14 07:34 AM
    Oh, I forgot to mention that John Chen knows more about this Company than any of us here.

Why not let him do his thing? Sit back, relax, play the dips, learn from Morgan and other knowledgeable folks.

But, for heaven's sake . . . Armchair CEO thread is over there ---->
    12-21-14 07:58 AM
    Yes, this CEO is silly. Still, loads of people watched that and virtually none of them will have any interest is investigating any further.

Posted via CB10
    Benjamin do you have a sales job.? When I read what you write that comes into my mind. You are always trying to convince people of something.

Anyway I would like to welcome the new member who took the leap of faith and crossed over the electronic line. hope you enjoy the thread as much as I do.

Good morning gang, hope the heads are thinking straight and no spinning out of control.

sidhuk, bungaboy, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    12-21-14 09:03 AM
    North Korea has threatened a cyber attack on BlackBerry's core customers "US citadels". This could be great or terrible depending on the outcome
    12-21-14 09:24 AM
113,256 ... 30633064306530663067 ...