1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    And this.
    1.16 Million Payment Cards Breached in Staples Hack

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    LOL, I thought consumers don't care about security?!?!
    bungaboy, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-19-14 04:29 PM
    I wonder how much longer they will need the dual sims, now that JC's on it.
    When I read that part, same question! Good minds!
    spike12 likes this.
    12-19-14 04:32 PM
    Soci�t� G�n�rale raises price target to $8.50 from $8, still has a SELL rating

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 04:36 PM
    After seeing/reading all these articles, watching the clips, seeing that smirk, the demeanor....and of course, the results....

One word comes to mind to describe JC................. PIMP !!!

...all about the $$$$... !!
    Brown shoes and all . . .
    12-19-14 04:53 PM
    My first attempt a TA and charting and I, based on todays "mirrored" chart, have come to the conclusion that . . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-fiddle-dec-19-2014-2.jpg

. . . We are played like a fiddle!
    12-19-14 04:58 PM
    I like this TA more than the "conventional one"
    My first attempt a TA and charting and I, based on todays "mirrored" chart, have come to the conclusion that . . . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Fiddle Dec 19 2014 2.jpg 
Views:	1898 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	321918

bungaboy likes this.
    12-19-14 05:10 PM
    This trumps any trash I have read/seen in a very long time! Blatantly, non-professional, trolling for the shorts.

Hands-On With the BlackBerry Classic - Businessweek
    12-19-14 05:25 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd Phones Still Rule In Frankfurt

Posted By: Aman Jain Posted date: December 19, 2014 09:30:55 AM

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSE:BB) Ltd might be struggling globally to regain lost ground, but the company is still very popular in Frankfurt, when it comes to smartphones, says a report from the Wall Street Journal. The financial hub of Germany also known as ‘Bankfurt’ still has lots of BlackBerry fans.

BlackBerry phones popular in this part

Although other financial hubs across the world such as New York and London hardly have any BlackBerry users anymore, the Bold 9900 can be commonly seen in Frankfurt’s restaurant, bars and commuter trains. Also, the State police prefer to use BlackBerry phones and professional segment of the city still prefers BlackBerry phones, says the report.

Franz Schiffer, head of IT infrastructure with the State Police of Hesse said, “To avoid being identified as law enforcement right away, we don’t want to walk around with just BlackBerrys.”

Editor in chief of the Frankfurt Airport magazine Joachim Heppner said that he is very interested in new Classic and has been using BlackBerry phone for many years now. He said that he require his BlackBerry to write e-mails on the go without tons of typos.

BlackBerry could not be happier to know that in a world that has been overtaken by devices from Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (LON:BC94)(KRX:005930), there is a dedicated market of bankers, lawyers and regulators in Frankfurt that appreciate their products.

Germany an important market

According to John Sims, the company’s president of global enterprise solutions, customers of BlackBerry are largely in regulated industries, and the financial sector holds immense importance for them. Sims did accept the fact that some customers ditched BlackBerry phones to have iPhones and Samsung models, but said the Canadian smartphone maker wants to bring them back with easy-to-use physical keyboards, which are still popular among BB customers.

The Canadian smartphone maker launched a new device Wednesday, aimed at traditional customers with signature BlackBerry features such as the physical keyboard and trackpad. The new launch is a shift from a general trend in consumer mobile phones toward touch screens. Classic, which is the latest model from BlackBerry, is targeting Bold 9900 fans.

Germany is an important market for BlackBerry, said Sims, and added that the market is not only important because of its financial institutions, but also for its manufacturing sector, which is highly interested in protecting intellectual property.
    Corbu, lech31, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    12-19-14 05:39 PM
    The Germans learned a valuable lesson that if you are stupid enough to use any other phone other then a BlackBerry you will be hacked by NSA 100%.

NSA hates freedom and democracy
    America hates BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    neteng1000 and bluetroll like this.
    12-19-14 05:42 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Fiddle Dec 19 2014 2.jpg 
Views:	1898 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	321918

Your charts are so much easier to understand than Morgan's!!!
    12-19-14 05:49 PM
    This trumps any trash I have read/seen in a very long time! Blatantly, non-professional, trolling for the shorts.

Hands-On With the BlackBerry Classic - Businessweek
    Went to the BusinessWeek site to explore and got asked to participate in their Survey, haha. I have a problem accepting inferior quality sites, shoddy Analyst work and demonstrations of absence of basic intelligence. I did an effort taking time to tell them that their site is a complete waste of time, to wake up to the coffee and become aware that not everyone is as bad as them (though several sites do exist) and follow Jack Welch's (boss of my former employer) famous line: "Fix it, Sell it or Close it". I can't guarantee that I'll find the time to be as patient again the next time. Now back to the regular scheduled events and being able to appreciate more intelligent life.
    Last edited by rarsen; 12-19-14 at 06:56 PM.
    12-19-14 06:06 PM
    Chen says analysts are ?not listening? after BlackBerry revenue falls short - The Globe and Mail

Chen says analysts are �not listening� after BlackBerry revenue falls short

Halfway into his promised two-year turnaround of BlackBerry Ltd., chief executive John Chen is growing frustrated by the chorus of skeptics who doubt he can pull it off.

�There is a level of frustration on our part that they don�t understand the steps that we had to go through to strengthen the balance sheet,� Mr. Chen told journalists at the smartphone maker�s Waterloo, Ont., headquarters Friday afternoon.

Earlier that day, Mr. Chen delivered a mixed bag of results that seemed to perplex investors: The stock opened down 9 per cent on the Nasdaq before clawing back most of the decline to close at $9.99 (U.S.), down eight cents.

The company reported third-quarter revenue of $793-million for the period ended Nov. 29, far short of analyst expectations in the mid-$900-million range. Mr. Chen said he was puzzled about why they expected revenue to rise from last quarter�s $916-million, when he indicated otherwise on a conference call at the time, saying �From a revenue standpoint, we might not be at the lowest point, but we are near the bottoming out of this revenue.�

�They�re not listening to what I said,� said Mr. Chen, who joined the company 13 months ago. �Because we don�t give guidance, we don�t call them up and say, �Which part of English do you not understand?�<TH>� He said the company will �probably need a couple of quarters� to turn revenue around.

But Mr. Chen sounded upbeat as he delivered on his pledge to generate positive cash flow from operations by the end of the fiscal year, producing a $43-million gain on the quarter. Thanks to steep cost cutting, the company also reported a profit of one cent a share, adjusted to factor in the fluctuating value of the company�s debentures. The company also has $3.1-billion in cash and investments, though it reported a net loss of $148-million, or 28 cents a share, compared to a loss of $4.4-billion or $8.37 a share a year earlier.

BlackBerry�s results reveal a company in mid-turnaround, with a lot of moving parts as Mr. Chen attempts to move the focus away from handsets to software and services. The CEO acknowledged he wasn�t happy with the revenue, telling analysts on a conference call: �Making money and generating cash have got to be the number one priority.� But BGC analyst Colin Gillis said the company�s adjusted profit �shows the leverage available if the firm is able to stabilize and grow revenue.�

Handset sales accounted for most of the revenue drop, and some analysts think the company won�t meet Mr. Chen�s goal of selling 10 million devices next year. The company sold 6.9 million in the first nine months.

Mr. Chen blamed the shortfall partly on the unexpected success of the new oversized Passport smartphone as BlackBerry scrambled to meet higher-than-expected demand. The company was unable to deliver all orders in the quarter on time, meaning the revenue from many of the phones will only appear in the fourth quarter. In another welcome development, the response to this week�s launch of the Classic, a smartphone aimed at diehard users, was positive. Unlike recent BlackBerry products, carriers seem willing to promote the new device.

In addition, the company has been selling excess inventory of millions of poorly-received touchscreen phones at reduced prices.

Another area of concern is the profitable stream of fees charged for users of BlackBerry�s older handsets, which is falling at a rate of more than 10 per cent every three months and accounted for 46 per cent of revenue.

Mr. Chen has promised replacement revenue from new software and service offerings, but said those sales likely won�t appear until June. The company is targeting large customers to deploy new server software to manage all of their smartphones, signing up 4,900 for a free upgrade from their existing software.

But Morgan Stanley analyst James Faucette said in a note those commitments only amount to a �free reservation� and the number that become actual paying customers �will not be known until the new year� and will likely be �much lower.� He added that with little left to cut, Mr. Chen�s goal of achieving a profit next year �will have to come with revenue growth.
    12-19-14 06:12 PM
    I would be remiss if I did not give a tip of my fictitious hat to all the members of this thread who have contributed so much this week. This is a mighty fine thread. A special thank on my behalf and yours, I am sure, to morganplus8 who never ceases to amaze us. GL to all and stay strong!
    12-19-14 06:24 PM
    Is there somewhere we can get revenues derived from SAF? If so can someone post Q2 SAF revenues and Q3 SAF revenues.

Can we attribute the entire drop of 138 million to SAF? If that's the case then my estimate is that Blackberry lost 10 million legacy users. gained 1.9 million bb10 users. for a loss of approximately 8 million users this past quarter.

i'd really like to see the user base stabilise.
    Yup, those figures are all available from today's released financials. http://ca.blackberry.com/content/dam...nformation.pdf

For your first questions, you can find that particular data point even without reading the full 10-Q and just look to the supplementary Income Statement http://ca.blackberry.com/content/dam...5_12182014.pdf

Read it through with a critical eye and you should easily find the answer to your second question.

If you have specific questions about interpreting financial statements I'm sure some of the wonderful minds on this thread would be willing to answer these questions. Just won't do all the legwork for you
    12-19-14 06:56 PM
    Garbage and mail, CBC are just so bios that I don't even bother going to those sites. They don't report news on BlackBerry, instead they create BS negative.
    JC hasn't fail on anything he has said he will do. JC is very positively clever and ahead of these negative clever short gang. Short gang may be running out of most of BS excuses IMO.
    Then again. I wouldn't mind cutting in to shorts and game playing mm's profit.
    So once again. Thank you shorts for all that Fud and keeping the SP fluctuating.
    Please bring it down to $9.
    But majority on this thread have learned the games, which most of us played along fine this week. Good work gang. Thank you for all your efforts.
    Each one on this thread is an important piece of the puzzle.
    Once again thanks.
    And have a wonderful weekend.

12-19-14 07:38 PM
    I liked the quarter, and in general I like what they're doing, but there are some problems:

*The ASP was so low this quarter ($180). Probably most of the sales were discounted BB7 and BB10 devices. It seems sales of the Z3 aren't that good. So, for Q4, hardware depends mostly on the expensive Passport and Classic devices. So, shipments could fall sharply in FYQ4.

*Mostly all the hope resides in software, BES12 and upselling other services. Although, in FYQ3 software revenue felt 13.5% from the previous quarter.

*With the EZ Pass program customers receive free perpetual silver licenses without requirements, they don't have to download the software, install it, let alone drop their current EMM contract. Customers just email a screen capture of its current licenses and BlackBerry issue the free silver licenses. So, there must be a lot of vaporware in that 6.9 million figure, similar to the download stats of BES10 that Thorsten used to inform every quarter.

*If BlackBerry is giving licenses for free, why only half of their current enterprise base has claimed the upgrade? Maybe a significant part of the other half is switching to other EMM provider.

The positive bottom line of FYQ3 is fully explained by the SAF time bomb, so It's irrelevant. All that matters is BES12.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    12-19-14 07:54 PM
    Oh yeah. Any one who is interested in investing in BlackBerry, I would suggest plz read the earning transcript posted few posts ago by corbu with SA link. It explains what BlackBerry sold or not, rather than reading to the BS FUD. Just educate your self. Most of the info is out there. Most of questions and answers on the last page.

dusdal, Corbu, morganplus8 and 9 others like this.
    12-19-14 08:03 PM
    Forgive me for posting this link again but I think there are some interesting things in there:
    BNN - Watch TV Online | Despite mixed results, BlackBerry inches to profitability: CEO

Most notably a question which concerns Wall Street and what JC can do to change their perception. Not an in-depth response but - considering that it is the first time that he has addressed this point, to my knowledge - I thought it was worth mentioning. Nothing unexpected, I guess, since results are all that matter in the end, but still.

To make your life easier, I have transcribed the question and his response. Question is at about 3:40 for those of you who want to listen in:

Amber […] So huge improvement since then, still… Wall Street: 2 out of the 36 analysts that cover you have a Buy rating, what do you need to do to get Wall Street on your side here? JC Well, [chuckles] Ok, well actually it’s not really my number one concern. But, I think it’s continue communication with them and telling them the story and one of these days – you know - I might use some words that break through – hum but, you know - but I am sure they are looking to see the results, I think they all bought in to the fact that, I hope they all bought in to the fact that the company at least – hum – are in a much better position, a much stronger position, that’s a very good product and now they are looking for the execution to [inaudible] back together growth so - I am too, by the way - but maybe not as impatient as they are.
    By the way, a bit later, in reference to BBM and the IOT he mentions the fact that the roadmap will be presented at CES, on the first week of April. Probably a mistake since CES is in January.

So, in terms of roadmaps for 2015, we've got this to look forward to:

BBM and IOT: CES - January
    Handset roadmap/strategy: MWC - March

Cheers.
    12-19-14 08:44 PM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Garbage and mail, CBC are just so bios that I don't even bother going to those sites. They don't report news on BlackBerry, instead they create BS negative.
    JC hasn't fail on anything he has said he will do. JC is very positively clever and ahead of these negative clever short gang. Short gang may be running out of most of BS excuses IMO.
    Then again. I wouldn't mind cutting in to shorts and game playing mm's profit.
    So once again. Thank you shorts for all that Fud and keeping the SP fluctuating.
    Please bring it down to $9.
    But majority on this thread have learned the games, which most of us played along fine this week. Good work gang. Thank you for all your efforts.
    Each one on this thread is an important piece of the puzzle.
    Once again thanks.
    And have a wonderful weekend.

Yeah I stopped watching anything on CBC about like 20 years ago... alls trash.. sad tax payers one billion plus each year..

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    12-19-14 09:33 PM
    I liked the quarter, and in general I like what they're doing, but there are some problems:

*The ASP was so low this quarter ($180). Probably most of the sales were discounted BB7 and BB10 devices. It seems sales of the Z3 aren't that good. So, for Q4, hardware depends mostly on the expensive Passport and Classic devices. So, shipments could fall sharply in FYQ4.

*Mostly all the hope resides in software, BES12 and upselling other services. Although, in FYQ3 software revenue felt 13.5% from the previous quarter.

*With the EZ Pass program customers receive free perpetual silver licenses without requirements, they don't have to download the software, install it, let alone drop their current EMM contract. Customers just email a screen capture of its current licenses and BlackBerry issue the free silver licenses. So, there must be a lot of vaporware in that 6.9 million figure, similar to the download stats of BES10 that Thorsten used to inform every quarter.

*If BlackBerry is giving licenses for free, why only half of their current enterprise base has claimed the upgrade? Maybe a significant part of the other half is switching to other EMM provider.

The positive bottom line of FYQ3 is fully explained by the SAF time bomb, so It's irrelevant. All that matters is BES12.
    Get your figure's straight. Example would be software revenue fell 13.5%, sorry to say that is not true. SAF declined 13.5% as everyone in this planet already knew for the longest time.

The rest I will not bother with, time is valuable.

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-19-14 10:56 PM
    Almost forgot, the new batch of Christmas apps are available at BlackBerry World.

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    12-19-14 11:06 PM
    I think Chen is coming out with a dual boot or VM Android on BB10 base in June. Why not? Isn't Android free? Throw 4GB of ram and there is plenty to run a VM 'android space app' that will then fully be an android phone within a blackberry to run all of the apps. App Gap gone 100%.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 11:13 PM
    I think Chen is coming out with a dual boot or VM Android on BB10 base in June. Why not? Isn't Android free? Throw 4GB of ram and there is plenty to run a VM 'android space app' that will then fully be an android phone within a blackberry to run all of the apps. App Gap gone 100%.

Posted via CB10
    I think Chen was referring to virtual sim technology. You carry two devices (one work and one personal). Pretty soon, you'd be carrying only one device. I think that's what he was alluding to.

Posted via CB10
    95aero, Corbu, laketrout73 and 2 others like this.
    12-20-14 12:24 AM
    I think Chen was referring to virtual sim technology. You carry two devices (one work and one personal). Pretty soon, you'd be carrying only one device. I think that's what he was alluding to.

Posted via CB10
    I think that you are probably right, but Chen also said that they are working hard to address the missing apps problem.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 03:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not 100% unless they sign the big Google Services contract.
    ...which is basically where we're at now anyways...

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 07:42 AM
113,250 ... 30603061306230633064 ...