View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    IMO. .01 cent profit shown was purposely picked by JC and took some device revenue off the table for the next ER.
    I am very pleased with these numbers and future of the company.
    This is the turn around.
    Don't forget. Hardware business is just one part of what this company is aiming for.
    JC hasn't released a bad device yet.
    6.8 million BES conversion is very important achievement. It says lots about BES12.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-19-14 09:27 AM
    Morgan, with today's news do you still see $12-13 p/s by EOY/Jan?

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    12-19-14 09:29 AM
    Ah!!! Never stop BlackBerry !
    Just received my demo unit !!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141219_163203.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 09:33 AM
    This will depend if bbry deems the risks of the sale (Ie: likelihood of cash conversion) were transferred to the buyer during q3 or q4.

If your could order a Passport through Digital River and cancel before delivery then they wouldn't have recognized the sale until shipped (ie FOB shipping point)
    Hey sparkaction !!

There was clearly a distribution issue with the Passport that probably was averted with the Classic. I have to say, I thought they would push through more phones in Q3, all of us did as revenues were off by 250,000 phones! But, I also thought they could revert back to standard Apple iPhone like accounting practices where, if you are at a party and someone says they are thinking of getting a new iPhone 6, its recognized as a sale! LOL

Seriously, BB was in a very bad place when it came to launching that weird phone, no one would take much inventory on and BB couldn't risk over ordering. For that matter, Foxconn couldn't risk over ordering the phone so I can see why we are down on revenues. So the bears have their day on one item on the bullet list. Big deal, Funds look out 6-months minimum and those skies are very sunny indeed. I really liked everything about this report. I can tell you, if you wanted to sink a million plus into this play, you would wait to hear from the webcast and then the analysts before you would make a move. I think it has become a great investment on software and enterprise with a hardware twist. Then there is that $ 3.1 B sitting there burning a hole in their pockets with no need for cash flow contingencies.
    12-19-14 09:33 AM
    Goes to $8.50 imo

Maybe...but that call isn't looking good right now...
    ZayDub likes this.
    12-19-14 09:36 AM
    OT but on the topic of Morgan being spot on....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141219_103537_edit.png

Loving my 8$ buy in point on HALO atm.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    12-19-14 09:37 AM
    Morgan, with today's news do you still see $12-13 p/s by EOY/Jan?

Yeah, nothing has changed, I knew we had to get through this day and it went better than I thought it would. I didn't want to see a rally right away as we need to see a bottom in the stock in order to force short covering. The low of the day is some distance apart right now so lets burn that volume off and get back to a Christmas rally. When we hit January, we get the 5-day Superbowl rally and then its Fund management spend for 2015 while we all know that BBRY looks awesome 6-months from now. We have a big event in March with Chen too so my take was that we needed to get past today and it is working itself off. Let's read a few more stories about how BB lost billions of dollars and move onto a rally here.
    12-19-14 09:40 AM
    Maybe...but that call isn't looking good right now...
    I'm glad it's not lol. I bought some shares so now I'm hoping for nothing but appreciation my friend!

12-19-14 09:44 AM
    really surprised we are not lower. Revenue number was abysmal and JC is calling for another quarter or two of "transitional" revenue. I am holding but will add on any dips into the 8's
    12-19-14 09:46 AM
    Morgan, like the Italians like to say, forget about them. I did change the last word.

John Chen has delivered again, one step at a time. Just like he said, it's time to look at growth now that the company is stable (not in those exact words) . Looking forward to next year and the next step for BlackBerry.

Hey Morgan what do you think about BTE? Change of topic is always good.

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    12-19-14 09:47 AM
    IMO. .01 cent profit shown was purposely picked by JC and took some device revenue off the table for the next ER.
    I am very pleased with these numbers and future of the company.
    This is the turn around.
    Don't forget. Hardware business is just one part of what this company is aiming for.
    JC hasn't released a bad device yet.
    6.8 million BES conversion is very important achievement. It says lots about BES12.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    Totally agree, and for that, your avatar pic will definitely come into play tonight !

Before, they were just pissing in the wind and just banking on devices as their major source of revenue. The market did not respond. Hence their decline at that time.

Now, with all the new developments andpotential revenue streams, they are going to come back hard in the next year. They have implemented a lot of new streams.

JC realized what the company has, their strengths, patents, etc...

He is showing stability, and has proven this by reaching his goal.

Now, as he mentioned numerous times leading up to today, it will be about GROWTH.

They haven't spoken about growth for the longest while ! They were just worried about how to stay alive with handsets!

This past year, JC stabilized that mindset, and achieved his current goal.

The street sees this consistency and if he says grow, then the company will grow because he has proven himself.

The market will react in a positive way.

so yes, "this is the turn around".
    12-19-14 09:48 AM
    Yeah, nothing has changed, I knew we had to get through this day and it went better than I thought it would. I didn't want to see a rally right away as we need to see a bottom in the stock in order to force short covering. The low of the day is some distance apart right now so lets burn that volume off and get back to a Christmas rally. When we hit January, we get the 5-day Superbowl rally and then its Fund management spend for 2015 while we all know that BBRY looks awesome 6-months from now. We have a big event in March with Chen too so my take was that we needed to get past today and it is working itself off. Let's read a few more stories about how BB lost billions of dollars and move onto a rally here.
    Thanks for your insights Good Sir!

Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    I'm glad it's not lol. I bought some shares so now I'm hoping for nothing but appreciation my friend!

Superfly_FR likes this.
    JC will be on Bloomberg at 11:30 today
    really surprised we are not lower. Revenue number was abysmal and JC is calling for another quarter or two of "transitional" revenue. I am holding but will add on any dips into the 8's
    I'm not buying this revenue story. If they are making money, they are making money. Cash flow positive. +ve EPS. Passport and Classic and Z3 are money makers.

Then wait until February and BES12 cash starts rolling in. And they upsell all of these awesome services ....BBM protected. Voice encryption. Software dual-SIM. BBM meetings.

What happens in June when they go 300M cash flow positive and +0.25 EPS? (my pie in the sky numbers
    12-19-14 09:54 AM
    So what are the chances it falls below $9?
    12-19-14 09:54 AM
    I'm not buying this revenue story. If they are making money, they are making money. Cash flow positive. +ve EPS. Passport and Classic and Z3 are money makers.

Then wait until February and BES12 cash starts rolling in. And they upsell all of these awesome services ....BBM protected. Voice encryption. Software dual-SIM. BBM meetings.

What happens in June when they go 300M cash flow positive and +0.25 EPS? (my pie in the sky numbers
    +1

I believe that with BES12 enterprises no longer need to have a BES7 and BES10 to run BBOS and bb10 devices concurrently. When you add in the Classic, it is a nice upgrade proposition for security concerned businesses.
    12-19-14 09:59 AM
    Just like many folks are saying in there posts.

UPDATE 3-BlackBerry 3rd-qtr revenue falls more than expected, shares drop (Thomson Reuters)

(Adds CEO comment from conference call, market reaction)

By Allison Martell and Alastair Sharp

TORONTO, Dec 19 (Reuters) - BlackBerry Ltd on Friday reported a bigger-than-expected drop in third-quarter revenue, sending shares of the struggling smartphone maker lower, even as it eked out a small adjusted profit and began generating cash flow again.

Revenue fell to $793 million from $1.19 billion a year earlier, falling short of analysts' expectations of $931.5 million.

"It's a number that obviously, to us, is not satisfying," Chief Executive Officer John Chen said on a conference call, noting that the focus has been on margins and cash flow. "We achieved that, but now we're going to turn our attention to revenue."

Shares fell 5.4 percent to $9.52 in morning trade.

Chen said hardware sales in the quarter were weaker than expected as production was limited and the company could only fulfill all device orders early in the fourth quarter.

At an analyst conference in San Francisco last month, Chen had said revenue could slide faster than expected as its sales profile changes.

BlackBerry had long made money charging system access fees, but now offers some basic services for free. As older devices are retired, that erodes revenue, but the company is aiming to boost hardware sales with its new Passport and Classic phones, buying time to scale up new premium services, which are not free, in 2015.

Cash flow was positive $43 million in the third quarter, versus negative $36 million in the second quarter. BlackBerry had said it was targeting break-even cash flow by the end of the fiscal year in February 2015.

Colin Gillis, an analyst at BGC Partners in New York, said Chen did a good job controlling expenses.

"The fact that he overachieved by turning cash flow positive this quarter - that's a great milestone," said Gillis. "It gets easier from here."

Excluding a one-time non-cash debenture charge and restructuring charges, the company reported a profit of 1 cent a share. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S expected a loss of 5 cents.

The Waterloo, Ontario-based company's net loss narrowed to $148 million, or 28 cents a share, in the quarter ended Nov. 29, from a year-earlier $4.4 billion, or $8.37 a share.

BlackBerry launched its long-awaited Classic smartphone on Wednesday, hoping to help win back market share and woo customers still using older devices with a keyboard. The phone resembles its once wildly popular Bold and Curve handsets.

(With additional reporting by Euan Rocha and Jeffrey Hodgson; Editing by W Simon and J Benkoe)

12-19-14 10:00 AM
    Just heard 100 million MAU for BBM
    morganplus8, rarsen, jxnb and 7 others like this.
    12-19-14 10:01 AM
    What is everyone's thoughts on john chen's LinkedIn post given today's results? I can't help but think that the post was leading up to today's news
    Morgan, like the Italians like to say, forget about them. I did change the last word.

John Chen has delivered again, one step at a time. Just like he said, it's time to look at growth now that the company is stable (not in those exact words) . Looking forward to next year and the next step for BlackBerry.

Hey Morgan what do you think about BTE? Change of topic is always good.

Thanks for those kind words!

OT ALERT !!! BTE and HALO

BTE is a solid company, they are following the oil chart so ask here for someone to post a chart on that commodity. I hate to talk other stocks on BBRY day so I'll be short. Solid company, nice rally, a trading play so watch for oil to top out and sell your position and do it again. As for oil, we are seeing some support while we look at what is happening to Russia. So trade ECA, BTE and all the energy stocks!

HALO is finally in rally mode. The news of that partnership is so huge. I would like to hear from others about their thoughts on that partnership as I seem to be the only one talking about it! So please comment fellow shareholders! The stock has resistance at $ 10.25/shr so watch for that. A close above that level and we are looking at $ 12.50/shr for our next stop. There are 20% of the shares short in this play so the buyers are all around us now.
    GL
    BBRY:
    We have come a long way from past quarters, the level of knowledge for BBRY as an investment is truly impressive today. Congrats to all of you for studying investment and business structure over the past couple of years, what an educated group we have now.
    jxnb, Mr BBRY, W Hoa and 10 others like this.
    Thanks Morgan!

morganplus8 likes this.
    12-19-14 10:06 AM
    Just checked the charts and calendar and we're practically right where we were pre-classic launch. As soon as some anecdotal reports of classic sales come out and positive sentiments being spread, I see us heading back up to the 10s and beyond. If the stock price can maintain today and not fall off a cliff, I think things bode well for us going forward.

I'm going to step away from the stock for a while - wooosaaaah - have a good day gang #TeamBB

12-19-14 10:08 AM
    On top of everything else it's quad witching day

Also....I expect to see this change soon:

EPS (ttm):

morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    12-19-14 10:15 AM
    Chen seems to be making an impression on Bloomberg

Here's the CNBC interview:

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000339373
    Last edited by W Hoa; 12-19-14 at 11:00 AM.
    12-19-14 10:40 AM
113,256 ... 30563057305830593060 ...