View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    ..aaaannnndddd no more bets!

Good luck tomorrow everyone. Going to be an evening full of pacing and second guessing, but I'm still optimistic!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 03:21 PM
    So funny!

Sneaky Alpha pumping out negative stories quicker than a turkey on a junebug.
    12-18-14 03:25 PM
    Will the Sony Hack Bring Back the BlackBerry? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

The middle of the BlackBerry Classic announcement got pretty dull. The venerable smartphone maker decided to show off BBM Protected, a secure, encrypted way to IM people within your company. Those of us in the consumer press glazed over a bit, as we do with any feature which requires IT administrators to buy in.

But I hope the people at Sony Pictures were watching intently.

[...]

Companies with full-time IT staff have more options. They just made a cost-benefit analysis and decided that securing their systems costs more than it's worth. Because there are plenty of solutions! So many solutions - an entire industry of solutions. Good. MobileIron. Soti. Samsung Knox. And BlackBerry, so much BlackBerry, always BlackBerry.

It's true that secure solutions are a bit more annoying, and a lot more expensive, than insecure ones. Maybe you won't be able to use company data on your own phone or your own PC any more. Maybe you'll need a hardware authentication token (a BlackBerry, apparently, can serve as one.) Maybe companies will need to hire some more IT people and actually think about managing their data. If not, this will happen again, more often than not.

Calling up the folks who sell BlackBerry Enterprise Server might be a start.
    12-18-14 03:41 PM
    Lol. I just realize that i'll be on stage during E.R...
    Passport on between my drum toms mouhahahahaha.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 03:42 PM
    Looked like my call of just under $10.80 before earnings isn't quite going to be right.....

Can anybody reading the trades tell if it looks like the shorts are suppressing any further gains, to keep it close to $10?

Or is everybody now just waiting for the numbers and sitting on their hands.
    Spiller !!!

Pretty much a predictable day:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-dec-18-2014.png

We gapped up in the morning, ran to resistance at the 50-dma, failed there as expected, dropped back to fill the gap created this morning and trended sideways the rest of the day on moderate volume. We couldn't expect to trade above the 50-dma prior to Q3 so we did what TA always does, it fishes for support and resistance. We should see more excitement in AH than we did all day! The MM's completely control this stock and you are doing well not to sell out on their witch hunts for stock.
    12-18-14 03:42 PM
    another article

WSJ: BlackBerry Runs Low on Juice

BlackBerry Runs Low on Juice -- Ahead of the Tape - WSJ

"When the soon-to-be most powerful man on earth loves your product so much that he says the government will have to “pry it out of my hands,” business must be pretty good.

BlackBerry Ltd. had around half of the global smartphone market in January 2009 when President-elect Barack Obama handed them the sort of advertising that money can’t buy. BlackBerry had seen its market value peak at $55 billion the previous June.

Nearly six years later, President Obama has remained loyal to a device that has become quaint but shareholders haven’t stuck with the stock. Even after a big rally this year, BlackBerry is now valued at just $5.2 billion.

This week, the company launched its newest handset, the Classic, which evokes the glory days. Back in September, its Passport smartphone sold out quickly. Sales figures for the latter device may be unveiled on Friday when BlackBerry reports fiscal third-quarter results. Both devices remain marginal in a smartphone market now dominated by the iPhone and handsets running on Android software, but the success has been noted by Wall Street.

In May, analysts were forecasting a loss of $1.05 a share in the fiscal year ending in February 2015. By late August, that had improved to a loss of 58 cents and most recently the consensus call was for a loss of just 28 cents. Analysts project a loss of 6 cents a share for the quarter ended November compared with a per-share loss of 71 cents a year earlier, according to FactSet.

Skeptics would point out that a loss is a loss and forecasts remain in the red. BlackBerry’s recent statement that it could achieve an adjusted profit some time during fiscal 2016 offered only a thin ray of hope.

Far more important was its estimate that service revenue would fall into the $800 million range that year. This was over $4 billion in 2012 and was viewed as a lifeline for BlackBerry, along with its net cash position.

Yet BlackBerry’s cash-adjusted market value is now about twice what it was a year ago. Back then, it was a bet that something could be salvaged or sold. Now it implies an actual return to profitability at some point. Unless the company’s new handsets are fabulously successful, that makes the stock a classic value trap."
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 12-18-14 at 04:28 PM.
    12-18-14 04:13 PM
    OT: WARNING: Graphic content. Some may find disturbing.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-41zoa-wqyul.jpg
    12-18-14 04:17 PM
    Hi Morgan. You did a fantastic job explaining what happened today "as expected". So what will happen tomorrow? What does the magic 8 ball have in store for us? Can we finally say goodbye to that anchor at $10 and get to $20?

From my Z30...Awesome!
    12-18-14 04:19 PM
    I forgot is ER in the morning or after market close tomorrow?

Also I haven't really heard too much about what the Street is expecting from ER tomorrow. Maybe because of the Classic launch but I haven't read any articles about what is to be expected. I know we did better than expected last quarter vs street, hope this tread keeps going. Man I know it would be nice to be positive/share but I would take -.01cent per share loss.

Personally if I was in the Marketing Department, I would be going over to Kim Kardashian with a brand new Classic and putting it in her hands directly. Of course while on camera to make an ad. The woman has a 9900 in a box as back up to the one she is using, you don't have to bring a celb into BB like Key's was, you just have to pay her for doing an ad.
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    12-18-14 04:23 PM
    Thank you for those BACK-2-BLACK!

Just so there is no misunderstanding, that FP article is from a few weeks ago (November 9, 2014).
    12-18-14 04:25 PM
    Thank you for those BACH-2-BLACK!

Just so there is no misunderstanding, that FP article is from a few weeks ago (November 9, 2014).
    yes, realized after I posted and Whoa already posted it.

I removed it
    12-18-14 04:27 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41Zoa-wqyUL.jpg 
Views:	2974 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	321696
    I LOVE 'em !

great with skinnies...

(seriously!)
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 12-18-14 at 05:49 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-18-14 04:30 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41Zoa-wqyUL.jpg 
Views:	2974 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	321696
    LOL

I might need to go over to the UK next year to discuss clinical trials of a drug that I discovered for Parkinson's disease.
    I am wondering if brown shoes are acceptable for the occasion?
    All my work shoes are black, but looking at that sexy brown makes me want to own a pair or two. LOL
    12-18-14 04:33 PM
    Hi Morgan. You did a fantastic job explaining what happened today "as expected". So what will happen tomorrow? What does the magic 8 ball have in store for us? Can we finally say goodbye to that anchor at $10 and get to $20?

From my Z30...Awesome!
    Brianflys !!!

Really? Look, you can ask 20 people on this board how it will trade tomorrow and they will all say the same thing, .... after the first 10 minutes, it will turn into the Morgan Stanley show. Either the news is compelling and BB plugs all of the holes in their report, or the bears will step in under the disguise of a collapsing "hardware, enterprise, software, cash, non-guidance, John sucks" type of argument to hit the price of the stock hard.

So what we need to see is far more than any other company has been asked to produce, we need solid demand for hardware, enterprise uptake on BES12, QNX going viral, positive EPS, positive cash-flow and a strongggggg hint that guidance for Q4 and beyond is crazy good. Every person on this board can tell you that! At some point, SM will fold up and go away and a real market for BBRY shares can then take place. I still stand by my numbers from a few weeks ago and hope we see our first growth driver in either handsets of confirmation regarding BES12 uptake. I maintain we need to have at least one sector firing along to shake the bears. This time of the year is made for stock appreciation so I still think we can hit new highs in the weeks ahead.

That's all I'm going to say until James Faucette comes out at 10:30 AM tomorrow for a leak.
    12-18-14 04:47 PM
    OT: Next wireless spectrum auction to give advantage to new carriers

Harper government hopes to encourage smaller carriers to expand and boost competition

Next wireless spectrum auction to give advantage to new carriers - Business - CBC News

Industry Canada will set aside 60 per cent of the AWS-3 spectrum to be auctioned next spring for new entrants to the wireless market, Industry Minister James Moore says.

Speaking at a news conference in Vancouver on Thursday, Moore outlined ambitious plans to open up spectrum for wireless and internet carriers over the year.

The first auction of AWS-3 spectrum beginning on March 3, 2015, will enable better service for the latest smartphones, tablets and mobile devices.

The big three telcos — Bell, Rogers and Telus — will be permitted to bid only on only 40 per cent of that spectrum.

Another auction next April of valuable 2500 MHz spectrum will also provide an opportunity for smaller wireless carriers to get a stronger grip on the market, Moore said.

Moore said he has a goal of having new entrants to the wireless market control about 25 per cent of spectrum by the end of 2015.

Other plans announced today:

■Canada will work with the U.S. to relocate over-the-air television to free up the low-frequency 600 MHz spectrum for wireless.
    ■A new licensing option will be offered for spectrum in the 3500 MHz band that remains unused. This band has traditionally been designated for fixed-wireless internet service.
    ■A new competitor will be chosen to operate a satellite and a land-based network in the AWS-4 spectrum.
    ■A new consistent licensing process will be developed for spectrum in the 24, 28 and 38 GHz bands, which are used to support mobile broadband traffic and broadband access for businesses.
    ■Additional 2100 MHz spectrum will be made available to support wireless infrastructure.

Moore said 60 per cent more spectrum would be available by the end of the year.

"Spectrum is essential to power our wireless devices, and our government is making it more available than ever before,” he said.

“The end result is that Canadians will benefit from more competition, lower prices and better service in our wireless sector.”

The Harper government has been attempting to increase competition in the wireless industry, in the hope that will lead to lower prices for Canadians.

While wireless startups such as Public Mobile, Mobilicity and Wind first began in Canada in 2008, they have had trouble competing with the big telecoms.

The federal government raised $5.27 billion auctioning off the 700 MHz spectrum in February, but the big three players still got the bulk of the new airwaves.

Videotron, the Quebec-based carrier, also picked up spectrum in Ontario, B.C. and Alberta, but has yet to announce plans to roll out a network.

Wind, the small carrier with ambitions of spreading across the country, was unable to bid in February’s auction because its backer, Vimpelcom, was not willing to advance more capital.

However, Wind has since restructured with a new group taking over Vimpelcom’s stake and has said it hopes to bid for next generation wireless spectrum.
    morganplus8, jxnb, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    12-18-14 04:53 PM
    OT: Hackers Can Read Your Texts Thanks to Huge Security Flaw ( I thought this was old news...but then again..)

Hackers Can Read Your Texts Thanks to Huge Security Flaw
    12-18-14 05:06 PM
    Brianflys !!!

Really? Look, you can ask 20 people on this board how it will trade tomorrow and they will all say the same thing, .... after the first 10 minutes, it will turn into the Morgan Stanley show. Either the news is compelling and BB plugs all of the holes in their report, or the bears will step in under the disguise of a collapsing "hardware, enterprise, software, cash, non-guidance, John sucks" type of argument to hit the price of the stock hard.

So what we need to see is far more than any other company has been asked to produce, we need solid demand for hardware, enterprise uptake on BES12, QNX going viral, positive EPS, positive cash-flow and a strongggggg hint that guidance for Q4 and beyond is crazy good. Every person on this board can tell you that! At some point, SM will fold up and go away and a real market for BBRY shares can then take place. I still stand by my numbers from a few weeks ago and hope we see our first growth driver in either handsets of confirmation regarding BES12 uptake. I maintain we need to have at least one sector firing along to shake the bears. This time of the year is made for stock appreciation so I still think we can hit new highs in the weeks ahead.

That's all I'm going to say until James Faucette comes out at 10:30 AM tomorrow for a leak.
    Priceless! Awesome response, Morgan! We're behind you 100% on this!
    12-18-14 05:17 PM
    @ M+8, Thanks for everything you provide on this thread! Good people are hard to find!
    So lets get OT and let me ask for a second opinion on BTE(Baytex Energy Corp). Two days ago, I opened a small position on that stock.
    Morgan what's your opinion on it?
    Superfly_FR and CDM76 like this.
    12-18-14 05:41 PM
    @ M+8, Thanks for everything you provide on this thread! Good people are hard to find!
    So lets get OT and let me ask for a second opinion on BTE(Baytex Energy Corp). Two days ago, I opened a small position on that stock.
    Morgan what's your opinion on it?
    Sell! LOL it's gone up like 40% in last 3 days!
    CDM76, Soumaila Somtore and sidhuk like this.
    12-18-14 05:45 PM
    OT: Hackers Can Read Your Texts Thanks to Huge Security Flaw ( I thought this was old news...but then again..)

Hackers Can Read Your Texts Thanks to Huge Security Flaw

I hope Chen makes a comment or two about the Sony hacks and these types of hacks with their upcoming voice and data encryption during the call tomorrow (and his team continues to mention it every chance they get)!!
    12-18-14 05:54 PM
    Sell! LOL it's gone up like 40% in last 3 days!
    Your to much! had to absorb a 10 - 20% above price before making the decision. Had to make sure the market wasn't pulling on my Maple Leaf stem.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-th6s46etbe.jpg
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-18-14 05:56 PM
    You guys make me laugh with these shoes story.
    Remember it's who wear the shoes that make them shine.
    And, eventually, who made them...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141219_011042_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, smart548 and 4 others like this.
    12-18-14 06:13 PM
    Trending trollishness now . . . .

Last Ditch Effort

Too Little too Late

A Troubling Formation In BlackBerry's Chart

BlackBerry's last stand?
    12-18-14 06:17 PM
    I'm tired of the Blackberry bashing!

Here is the perfect AD!

Blackberry Classic
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-classic-bbm.png.original.png

OR

Wannabe
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-applekeyboard.jpg
    Last edited by bbjdog; 12-18-14 at 06:50 PM.
    12-18-14 06:24 PM
    Priceless! Awesome response, Morgan! We're behind you 100% on this!
    But will he tell us how he really feels?! LOL!

The big question is, How many cylinders must BlackBerry be firing on for the bears to back away?

BB10 4 ME
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    12-18-14 06:32 PM
113,256 ... 30493050305130523053 ...