View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I can see that happening as well, which is partially why I'm apprehensive. Seems like even on good news, the shorts always find a way to parse out the slightest negative and the stock only reacts to the negative. For selfish reasons, I'd like a sell-off tomorrow so I can get a better position, since I believe in it long-term

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    But how many more shares are there to borrow to drive down the stock? If the ER beats and they try this, it will be good money after bad and a strong reversal inflection point after they run out of ammo.
    12-18-14 12:06 PM
    I see no real reason to do this ? If they dont think the stock will dip below 10 on friday what makes them think it will drop below 10 in Feb?. Look at the charts Jan-Feb for the last 5 years , always a strong month bbry
    12-18-14 12:06 PM
    Interesting trade on the put options for this Friday. They rolled their puts from Dec $10 strike to Feb $10 strike.
    Someone sold 22,016 Dec $10 put contracts today for $.37 closing a position and then simultaneously buying the same amount, 22,016 contracts for Feb 2015 at $10 for $1.02 each,
    The total cost difference was about 1.43M to roll those

Posted via CB10
    Huuuummmmm........

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-18-14 12:07 PM
    Faucette is at it again...wonder how many puts he and his band of thieves have riding on tomorrow??
    http://jdem.cz/brbvg5

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    That's great! So Faucette is predicting Classic sales of 8 million?

Faucette estimated that �the market for the new Classic device is likely to be limited to roughly the 8 million existing enterprise subscribers
    Sweat! :P

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1154 | Bell | via CB10
    12-18-14 12:10 PM
    Really interesting and unusual options
    2014-12-18 Smart Money Report (BBRY) (COP) -
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    12-18-14 12:13 PM
    12-18-14 12:17 PM
    I see no real reason to do this ? If they dont think the stock will dip below 10 on friday what makes them think it will drop below 10 in Feb?. Look at the charts Jan-Feb for the last 5 years , always a strong month bbry
    They seem to be simply buying time. In the event we get a small spike, there will be profits to take, which could drive down the stock (ie back during the BES12 announcement). This could allow then to recoup by having a small spike in their premium on their rolled out puts. Risky, but it's conceivable they loose their entire play tomorrow if they expire if the stock does not fall below $10. At least today they still have some extrasinct value to their puts.

They might also be expecting longer term loses and having those options expire tomorrow might not give them enough to maximize returns without going short.

They may also have liquidity issues, they could have easily triggered a cover (over the noon hour today) and went short on those positions but did not have the money to buy all those shares at a $10 strike.

They could also know something about tomorrow that we don't, and might realize SP is going up, not down, but could point to a weaker outlook.

Or who freaking knows! LOL

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-18-14 12:17 PM
    If we do pop tomorrow is 12 the resistance again
    12-18-14 12:35 PM
    If we do pop tomorrow is 12 the resistance again
    I prefer to call that "happy hour".... LOL

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-18-14 12:37 PM
    I'm so glad I'm not an intraday trader. I'm totally lost in the options/premiums/puts/whatever mixture the guys are playing with. Some days I feel I could make (more) money ... but mostly I'm glad I sit on my on my popa trading; not ready for the crabs basket ...

Let's see if the virtuous capitalism (invest, not speculate) will win ... for once !
    Yup ... I'm "99%" ... or the likes

P.s: that's why I sometimes skip a bunch of posts with no likes/thanks ... bc I'm not even sure it's good or bad !
    12-18-14 12:43 PM
    12-18-14 01:07 PM
    12-18-14 01:12 PM
    From a November 9 interview with Chen and a question about Passport numbers:

Q: There were 200,000 Passport devices sold in pre-orders after launch in September, selling out supply. How much have you sold since then and have you ramped up production?

A: I am seeing interest. I don’t think I should share the numbers. We are ramping up, we won’t completely catch up until probably a quarter out.
    BlackBerry Ltd on ?cusp? of profitability, but John Chen still sees work to be done | Financial Post
    12-18-14 01:14 PM
    OT,

I spent the morning updating my Z10 to 10.3.1.1154. I now have Blend working on my Win8 laptop. its pretty cool
    12-18-14 01:31 PM
    I think somebody (faucette?) is getting caught in a "do-loop". They rolled these options into the new year to avoid a major loss this year. I know nothing about options but from what I can see, it looks like somebody is getting (and I am hesitant to use the word) squeezed.

BB10 4 ME
    12-18-14 01:46 PM
    Right. So security in not a big issue, is that it?
    BBC News - Sony hack: White House views attack as security issue

Most people (myself included!) are so patently uninformed about this whole privacy/security issue. And most reporters are out of their league as well... once again.

Rather OT, for those of you who are interested:
    Inside The Real Hollywood: The Sony Hack Continues | On Point with Tom Ashbrook
    12-18-14 01:48 PM
    Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 01:49 PM
    Looked like my call of just under $10.80 before earnings isn't quite going to be right.....

Can anybody reading the trades tell if it looks like the shorts are suppressing any further gains, to keep it close to $10?

Or is everybody now just waiting for the numbers and sitting on their hands.
    12-18-14 02:02 PM
    OT: Yikes...more reason to be vigilant. SECURITY! SECURITY!SECURITY! And who is the gold standard in smartphone security ( most likely in the future IOT as well)..hmmmm

North Korea deep into cyber warfare, defector says - CNN.com
    12-18-14 02:09 PM
    OT: Yikes...more reason to be vigilant. SECURITY! SECURITY!SECURITY! And who is the gold standard in smartphone security ( most likely in the future IOT as well)..hmmmm

North Korea deep into cyber warfare, defector says - CNN.com
    It's BlackBerry!! Yes!!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 02:28 PM
    Did you say something?
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-18-14 02:33 PM
    They seem to be simply buying time. In the event we get a small spike, there will be profits to take, which could drive down the stock (ie back during the BES12 announcement). This could allow then to recoup by having a small spike in their premium on their rolled out puts. Risky, but it's conceivable they loose their entire play tomorrow if they expire if the stock does not fall below $10. At least today they still have some extrasinct value to their puts.

They might also be expecting longer term loses and having those options expire tomorrow might not give them enough to maximize returns without going short.

They may also have liquidity issues, they could have easily triggered a cover (over the noon hour today) and went short on those positions but did not have the money to buy all those shares at a $10 strike.

They could also know something about tomorrow that we don't, and might realize SP is going up, not down, but could point to a weaker outlook.

Or who freaking knows! LOL

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Just look at device sales as "indicated" by Gartner and Kantar... they show the increase that BlackBerry reported for this summer. But then they also show a sharp decline starting in September and on into October (no Nov results). That has to be a little worrisome for those that follow the stock.

We know the Passport wasn't about marketshare. And maybe the "demand" for the Classic cause many to put off making any purchases until after the first of the year when they could expect it would be available. Really no way to know for sure... but with BlackBerry's record it's best to be conservative.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    12-18-14 02:53 PM
    Chen's record is riddled with exceeding expectations.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 03:01 PM
    OT: Halo

Hey morgan! Just curious with the partnership announcement, do you think this is enough to convince MM to drive this back into the teens or there are other underlying issues to hold it down?

Thanks again for letting me know to be patient was close to selling out last week

Appreciate it!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 03:10 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Don't be shy.
    12-18-14 03:21 PM
113,250 ... 30483049305030513052 ...